The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Incap Changes in 5.0.4.

• Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    czar wrote: »
    Necromancers are NOT a finished class and it's looking like they are going to get the Warden treatment - all because NBs couldn't just shut up about their nerfs and take them on the chin like an adult and ADAPT.
    lmao you can't blame the players for zos not doing their job to your liking

When the focus of the PTS testing is players not using the new class and only complaining about not getting more buffs for their over-tuned class, it DOES become the players' fault. ZoS can't make changes if they aren't getting meaningful data back on Necros and any bugs associated with their abilities.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its kinda sad for magblades honestly. Or rather for any class that is not a nightblade or a necromancer because the supposed class update barely changed any, magdk excluded, besides nightblades.
    In their zeal to Change nightblades Zos (or a certain dev Maybe?) Chose to completely "balance" around heavy stamnb and forgot that magblades are the ones that Need help real bad (pvpwise) and also forgot that there are other classes that could also do with help or changes for actually usable class abilities and passives (hello stamplar, stamsorc and stamdk Maybe the next update will buff you because it might be the weapon skill line update? ;) ).
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Silence on Incap is a bad idea in general and should be removed completly....

The new change just show how far Devs are from PvP in this game. Just seeing a Nightblade fearing someone and not being able to use Incap on its target....

Why incap needs to be this overloaded?

- Huge single target burst
    - 20% increased damage taken
    - Sustain just by slotting it

Why it needs more? Just remove the silence completly and it will still be a really good ultimate..... I thought we wanted to go away from overloaded skills? Now you just put everything into one ultimate that someone can ever dream of.... Wtf ZOS

Yeah, I don't get it either. Compare it with Take Flight, Crescent Sweep and Overload, it's so much better as a damage ult even without the Silence/Stun. Add that in and it's overloaded pure and simple.

Anyhow, did I understand correctly that if your enemy is CC immune, you can't cast Incap at all? Cause that would be terrible!
    EU | PC | AD
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancers are NOT a finished class and it's looking like they are going to get the Warden treatment - all because NBs couldn't just shut up about their nerfs and take them on the chin like an adult and ADAPT.

When the focus of the PTS testing is players not using the new class and only complaining about not getting more buffs for their over-tuned class, it DOES become the players' fault. ZoS can't make changes if they aren't getting meaningful data back on Necros and any bugs associated with their abilities.

Please. Magwarden’s already in a better spot then NB.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this needs so much clarification....

1. Does the CC break cost Stam (I expect it does)
    2. Can you not incap a cc immune opponent at all? Or does it just not silence?
    3. To further clarify #2... is fear>incap combo dead?
    4. After breaking free of silence can you still be stunned or does it grant true CC immunity? (Templar bubble double cc comes to mind)
    5. Is dawny Bis?
    6. F you stamblades?
    Edited by Insco851 on May 13, 2019 4:26PM
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    And can a silenced enemy be stunned, or will he be stun immune?

This is an important question. If it gives the target CC immunity, it's actually worse than not having Silence at all, especially against stamina builds.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well maybe they should do class updates separately from new content release instead of doing too many changes at once.
    Besides there is plenty of feedback on Necros.
    I made a Necro, but don't like the play style, different strokes for different folks.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Umm... This change is even weirder. Like what have they done to nightblades? The abilities are a total mess! So many exceptions to the "rules" and whatnot. Just weird.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw. Wonder how many youtubers will make "response" videos now...
    Insco851 wrote: »

4. After breaking free of silence can you still be stunned or does it grant true CC immunity? (Templar bubble double cc comes to mind)
    5. Is dawny Bis?
    6. F you stamblades?

1. Yes
    2. You can, but target wont be silenced.
    3. Yes, it's dead Jim.
    4. You gain CC immunity so most likely you cant be stunned, rooted, snared (Any hard CC).
    5. Yes, but still build depended. Stam NB will use Dawnbreaker or Onslaught now. Some niche build will switch to Soul Harvest.
    6. Yes ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 13, 2019 4:35PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw. Wonder how many youtubers will make "response" videos now...

All of them, easy content
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excelsus wrote: »
    I just love the fact that with this 5.0.4 change Incapacitating Strike went from being an auto-win against magicka builds to a mild inconvenience to both magicka and stamina builds. With the conclusion of this PTS and the lack of attention in the patch notes to anything else in their toolkit, Nightblades have now been effectively nerfed across the board, lmfao.

This patch was SUPPOSED to nerf Nightblades. That was the point. Every trial was 6 Nightblade dps and and 2 magplars. Heavy armor stamblades and Caalurion mageblades were enjoying an open season in Cyrodill. Somehow you guys cried your way out of most of the intended nerfs, got a few unneeded buffs (Reave, Silence, Grim Mitigation, Cripple Magicka Steal, free mark target, surprise attack armor pen, drain power damage buff, minor vulnerability etc etc...) and will remain the top pve dps class and one of the top pvp classes but are still mad cuz #nerfsarebad. Nerfs are a necessary part of game balance. Stop personalizing balance and focusing solely on the one class you play and look at the game as a whole. Nightblades got more focus this pts than the necromancer which is still an unfinished, buggy Warden 1.5.
    I play a melee magicka NB in PvP. I did not ask for any of these changes. I got some buffs. I have advocated against buffing Lotus Fan (which I use). You're welcome to peruse my forum history. All this BS is coming from ZOS themselves as far as I can tell. They decided to take a pass over NB for what I now think are questionable reasons. I've been trying to give Gilliam credit, but the more I think about it, the more I think the overall direction of stamblade has indeed been influenced by his specific playstyle. He might argue that's a good direction. I'm pretty sure he ranted about making incremental changes on YouTube, rather than these big rebalances, before he joined ZOS. The way this patch has evolved, I'm not sure the guy has any integrity left. That's probably not fair, as he's working in a team, but good god, patch 5.0.3 should never have existed and this face-saving fix is BS.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭

You make it sound like absolutely no one even tried Necromancer on the PTS. I'm sure you know that's not true. ZOS choose their own priorities. You can't say that they both listen too much to their players, and at the same time say they don't listen at all. Even if they were so distracted by these loud players, that's not the players' responsibility lol.
    stam scrub
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After all the posts joking about how they were probably trying to shoehorn in some dumb way to keep this original bad idea alive, that's exactly what they went and did.

Now it's a officially a NB nerf and still a dumb idea. NBs were fine, the other classes needed some attention.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    After all the posts joking about how they were probably trying to shoehorn in some dumb way to keep this original bad idea alive, that's exactly what they went and did.

Now it's a officially a NB nerf and still a dumb idea. NBs were fine, the other classes needed some attention.

Err, what? What class was in a worse spot then NB for pvp?

The general consensus from best on worst on live is:

Stamwarden, Magsorc
    MagWarden, MagDK
    StamDK, Stamsorc
    Templars
    Nightblades

Then opinions change depending on some people who need to L2P and blame the class for their own failures. I see tons of classes and players, I don’t play a stamblade and think it’s underpowered, I say they’re terrible from seeing how they perform.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 13, 2019 4:48PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Stamwarden, Magsorc
    MagWarden, MagDK
    StamDK, Stamsorc
    Templars
    Nightblades

Then opinions change depending on some people who need to L2P and blame the class for their own failures. I see tons of classes and players, I don’t play a stamblade and think it’s underpowered, I say they’re terrible from seeing how they perform.

It's always handy when you can label your opinion as the "general consensus" first.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stamwarden, Magsorc
    MagWarden, MagDK
    StamDK, Stamsorc
    Templars
    Nightblades

It's always handy when you can label your opinion as the "general consensus" first.

Look in the battleground forums, there was a poll but in the comments you’ll see the opinions of more experienced players. Stamblades are considered powerful only by weaker pvp players while figuring it out. Once people learn how to play they aren’t effective at all.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 13, 2019 4:55PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamwarden, Magsorc
    MagWarden, MagDK
    StamDK, Stamsorc
    Templars
    Nightblades

That looks like a BG’s best to worst honestly. That doesn’t translate to cp open world. In CP-OW Stamblade gets pushed up there with Magsorc and stamwarden.

Let me add, there’s is no definitive best to worst that successfully encompasses all areas and scenarios. Except Magsorc is top dawg in all formats.
    Edited by Insco851 on May 13, 2019 4:58PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamwarden, Magsorc
    MagWarden, MagDK
    StamDK, Stamsorc
    Templars
    Nightblades

MagWarden 2nd tier? Stamblade last tier?

What exactly is this a tier of? Troll tank specs that can't kill decent players?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please, @ZOS_BrianWheeler, explain me, how do I break silence with a 10K stam pool? Isn't enough to have to block, break from stun, dodge roll from roots AND run with that pool?

If we are going back to patch 1.3, please, do things right. This Frankenstein you are making of PvP goes nowhere.

Just make the silence break free from magicka, or just get rid of silence and go back to the stun.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamwarden, Magsorc
    MagWarden, MagDK
    StamDK, Stamsorc
    Templars
    Nightblades

MagWarden 2nd tier? Stamblade last tier?

What exactly is this a tier of? Troll tank specs that can't kill decent players?

LMAO, this. StamNB on live right now is very strong.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me like devs are doing everything they can just to avoid adding another mechanic to game. They basically want the "daze" effect from gw2. Just add that to game instead of changing the consistency of the silence effect also while making the ulti, ineffective vs stamina(I don't believe dev intended this morph to be effective vs stamina, they just wanted weaker stun and they only had silence to work with) .
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

5. Is dawny Bis?
    6. F you stamblades?

I'm sure they charge double stam for breaking both because the way they program is idiotic!
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamwarden, Magsorc
    MagWarden, MagDK
    StamDK, Stamsorc
    Templars
    Nightblades

Look in the battleground forums, there was a poll but in the comments you’ll see the opinions of more experienced players. Stamblades are considered powerful only by weaker pvp players while figuring it out. Once people learn how to play they aren’t effective at all.
    That's not entirely accurate; Stamblades were generally considered weak in organized teams, and powerful in less organized games. They actually have a lot in common with offensively-oriented Magicka Wardens in that regard (and the same is about to be true for Magicka Necromancers, since ZOS has seemingly refused to correct any of their issues).
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Putting this into the hard CC system is a perfect adjustment, imo.

It's a unique CC, it's not a very good CC as it can be ignored or broken depending on the build, and it's a slight nerf to a class that is very strong.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its what they always do anyway. Once something is in their minds, you can be 99% sure that in some way/shape/form that idea will be on the live server. Cast time on shields was that part of that 1%.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting this into the hard CC system is a perfect adjustment, imo.

It's a unique CC, it's not a very good CC as it can be ignored or broken depending on the build, and it's a slight nerf to a class that is very strong.

Super weak CC even to mag classes as long as it can’t be combined with fear.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    IMO stun was better and more fair, I still dont get it why they changed it to end up with a breakable silence.

Elder Scrolls Online is a good game but the changes the developers keep making to active skills and racial passives are weird. They should keep things simple so they do not confuse and frustrate players. This skill is a perfect example of their weirdness. Why will I want a breakable silence when I can stun with a different ability? :disappointed:
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cagro wrote: »
    IMO stun was better and more fair, I still dont get it why they changed it to end up with a breakable silence.

Elder Scrolls Online is a good game but the changes the developers keep making to active skills and racial passives are weird. They should keep things simple so they do not confuse and frustrate players. This skill is a perfect example of their weirdness. Why will I want a breakable silence when I can stun with a different ability? :disappointed:

Stamblade rockin the soul harvest morph 10/10
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cagro wrote: »

TBF most (!) of the racial stuff was at least okay and overall races are closer together now. Sure, 2-3 wierd and bad exceptions.
    I'm also not sure what I should prefer: is it better to have a clear vision and follow that through with just minor adjustments or shall is it better to make those huge jumps like in this patch on NBs that don't seem to have a fixed aim.

But anyway, we have still the usual, untested surprise changes when stuff goes live.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    please take notice of what happens on this forums.
    if there is a nerf to nightblades it is done with very little effect and we swallow it accept it and learn to still kill people in other ways.
    but when a nerf happens that effects magicka builds or anything that magicka builds dont like then we see a huge uproar in threads and complaints that everything is changed to not only remove that nerf but also attack and nerf even more to nightlbades and thier class skills even further.

here in this thread we see that in full effect.

PREPOSTEROUS!

The reason NBs don't complain much is because deep down they know how lucky they are. You guys have NEVER been nerfed. EVER! Not with a *real* nerf. If they gave Cloak an exponentially increasing cost like Bolt Escape, THAT would be a nerf. You guys get tweaks, not nerfs. Don't even talk to me about nerfs.

LOL, even when you guys get buffs, like 15% mitigation just for weaving light attacks, you guys cry as if you've been nerfed. Do unappreciated buffs count as nerfs for you guys? Stop while you're ahead!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE