Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PTS Update 22 - Feedback Thread for Necromancer

• Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are your favorite and least Necromancer abilities, and why? - The summons are my favorite as i feel more like a Necromancer with them. Least fav are tethers and blastbones as blastbones is to slow to go to the enemy. Tethers are tedious to work with.

Do the Necromancer’s abilities and playstyle feel unique compared to other classes?- not really mainly as the dps builds are all around blastbones does not feel very diverse.

Did you enjoy the Necromancer’s corpse generation/corpse spending gameplay? - no

Did you receive a bounty for using “Criminal Act” Necromancer abilities in towns? If so, what are your thoughts on the experience? - no and I hate this idea and see it causing some issues in game.

Were you aware certain Necromancer abilities were considered “Criminal Acts” prior to using these abilities in towns?- yes

Do you plan on playing a Necromancer as your new “main” character when Update 22 goes live? - probably not main in its current state but will make a healer , tank and 1 dps have not decided what sort of dps but since magcro is terrible probably stamcro

Do you have any other general feedback? the tethers are incredibly annoying to use and to work with, I find blastbones to slow to get to the enemy in pve anyway, I was also sad on the length of time the summons last for they are to short. Bone armour length is to short. I'm feeling a little sad atm that i spent $100 my currency for this chapter and already Magcro seems just as useless as Magden.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    2.) Increase Spirit Guardian to at least 30 sec: When doing solo or small-group content, I've found that this skill is the best option I have for a continuous self-heal. Unfortunately, it only lasts 16 sec. However, Power Surge--a similar self-heal skill used by mag Sorcs--lasts 33 sec. Suffice it to say, mag Necros have to recast their continuous self-heal--and bar swap--more often than mag Sorcs. So I hope ZOS considers adjusting this skill to 1) reduce the number of bar swaps needed and 2) make the duration of Spirit Guardian consistent with other similar skills in the game (e.g., Power Surge).
    The problem with this idea is that one can generate corpses with the Necromancer "pets" by either waiting for them to expire, or resummoning them once they reach the halfway point of their duration. So the longer the duration, the fewer corpses one can generate, which I don't think ZOS wants to happen.

Just re cast it early , still creates a corpse.
    I don't think you're understanding my point. Currently, an ability needs to either expire or be recast when the duration is at least halfway over in order to generate a corpse. Since the Spirit Mender has a duration of 16 seconds, that means that you can - at most - generate 1 corpse every 8 seconds with that ability. If the duration were increased to 30 seconds, as the person I was responded to was requesting, that would mean that you could only generate 1 corpse every 15 seconds with the same ability.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    I just thought of a fun little interaction between Necro skills. Since Necro could use a reliable stun what if ...

Raising a blastbone or skeleton arcanist/archer while inside the Boneyard empowers your minion making its first attack stun the enemy.

This would fit perfectly with the overall Necromantic feeling of the class too
    Might sound cool in a thematic sense, but wouldn't be very practical at all for PvP. It would require two global cooldowns, specific positioning for the caster, and either; 1) no other target being closer to the Necromancer (since your Skeletal Arcanist would target them instead), or 2) dealing with the travel time of the Blastbones, plus the possibility that it either wouldn't connect at all or would get blocked.
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Bone armor creating a corpse when the effect ends is cool but it should also create a corpse when you cast the skill while it still being active. Maybe only If you have 5 seconds left cause every good player will maintain a 100% uptime on bone armor and how its now, He will never get a corpse when he recast it before it expires.
    Any ability which generates a corpse when it expires will also trigger one if it's re-cast with <= half the duration remaining (except for the Blastbones, which can't be resummoned while active).

I'm also pretty disappointed in the current state of the (Magicka) Necromancer, especially since I gave some feedback on Battlegrounds PvP very early on in this PTS cycle, and things have gotten worse since then, rather than better.

Hm, i was testing it on PTS and i didnt got a corpse when i Recasted the armor buff when it had like 2 seconds remaining.
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about the criminal act skills for Necromancer and the justice system for Monday's patch. The criminal act stuff is my least fav part of this and IMO going to cause a lot of headaches while playing a necromancer that will take a lot of the fun away.

I don't suppose you have decided to wait to implement it until it doesn't affect quests and it's applied evenly like to Vampires and Werewolves and such?
  • AlexanderPaull
    I have a question about the criminal act skills for Necromancer and the justice system for Monday's patch. The criminal act stuff is my least fav part of this and IMO going to cause a lot of headaches while playing a necromancer that will take a lot of the fun away.

I don't suppose you have decided to wait to implement it until it doesn't affect quests and it's applied evenly like to Vampires and Werewolves and such?

Honestly, have you played the PTS yourself and experienced this feature first hand? 🤔🙄
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, have you played the PTS yourself and experienced this feature first hand? 🤔🙄

Yes
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find disappointing about the necromancer is the lack of undead variety. Say for the flesh colossus, everything is skeletal. There's no zombies, wraiths or shades, just skeletons. I'd love to raise zombies instead of skeletons.

Also I thought we would get this necro costume with the class like the warden, but I can't seem to find it anywhere is it NPC only?
    091526.jpg
    Edited by Fata1moose on May 18, 2019 4:31AM