The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Encounter Logging

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

On top of that, pls stop with anything related to "privacy concerns". This is not personal data at all...
    There is only one personal data related to eso, and that's your account information with your RL-name and so on. And that is hidden to everyone but ZOS.

Idk about the US, but according to EU law what you say here is incorrect. Data pertaining to an avatar, such as a game character, is considered personal information and should in the eyes of the law have the same protection as account info. As a result, them blanketly handing it over to a third party with no opt out possible would be a blatant violatoin of the law here.
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

On top of that, pls stop with anything related to "privacy concerns". This is not personal data at all...
    There is only one personal data related to eso, and that's your account information with your RL-name and so on. And that is hidden to everyone but ZOS.

Idk about the US, but according to EU law what you say here is incorrect. Data pertaining to an avatar, such as a game character, is considered personal information and should in the eyes of the law have the same protection as account info. As a result, them blanketly handing it over to a third party with no opt out possible would be a blatant violatoin of the law here.

Do you have any proof to back up your claims?
    Please don't be a troll because when it comes to this discussion i have to say Lokkestiiz is absolutely right:
    "You're boring me, mortals".
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You made my point the info is still there, even if anonymous, like you said ingame the add ons can help work out stuff, so thus so you can do with the 3rd party app and under the new eu Personal data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable person who could be identified, directly or indirectly based on the information, so indirectly comes under this so not allowed, like i said before if i knew who you where in real life and stated stuff from this app, to re-identify to a person is not allowed and the uk parliament is looking at this type of thing at the mo, deciding what course of action to take

Well, the info is the same type of info that was already available in game.

So unless you want to start complaining that Combat Metrics lets players identify your combat data via extrapolation in exactly the same way Encounter Logging does, there's just not much meat to that argument. Functionally, they have the same expectation of privacy.

And you missed the boat on the rest of the forum lawyering that went on while this toll was still in PTS. If/when the EU or the UK ever get around to establishing solid legal precedents based on these laws in court, maybe we'll see ESO change some things. Until then, I'd expect that ESO's legal department isn't too worried as I seriously doubt they didn't do their homework on the legality of this tool on their fastest growing PC server.

they should be EA is being grilled by uk parliament at mo over gamble boxes over what they call them surprise boxes
    Edited by alainjbrennanb16_ESO on June 30, 2019 2:59PM
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You made my point the info is still there, even if anonymous, like you said ingame the add ons can help work out stuff, so thus so you can do with the 3rd party app and under the new eu Personal data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable person who could be identified, directly or indirectly based on the information, so indirectly comes under this so not allowed, like i said before if i knew who you where in real life and stated stuff from this app, to re-identify to a person is not allowed and the uk parliament is looking at this type of thing at the mo, deciding what course of action to take

Well, the info is the same type of info that was already available in game.

So unless you want to start complaining that Combat Metrics lets players identify your combat data via extrapolation in exactly the same way Encounter Logging does, there's just not much meat to that argument. Functionally, they have the same expectation of privacy.

And you missed the boat on the rest of the forum lawyering that went on while this toll was still in PTS. If/when the EU or the UK ever get around to establishing solid legal precedents based on these laws in court, maybe we'll see ESO change some things. Until then, I'd expect that ESO's legal department isn't too worried as I seriously doubt they didn't do their homework on the legality of this tool on their fastest growing PC server.

they should be EA is being grilled by uk parliament at mo over gamble boxes over what they call them surprise boxes

A different game company being grilled over a different issue.

Truly the nail in the coffin for Encounter Logging...
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I despise this feature. Despite being "anonymous", I've already seen it stigmatize and embarrass people to point of ending their group participation. Maybe some elite group purists will think this a good thing. I find it needlessly tacky and invasive. There are better ways to handle group dynamics that to publicly expose weaknesses. There really should be a way to remove participation in this completely.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    I despise this feature. Despite being "anonymous", I've already seen it stigmatize and embarrass people to point of ending their group participation. Maybe some elite group purists will think this a good thing. I find it needlessly tacky and invasive. There are better ways to handle group dynamics that to publicly expose weaknesses. There really should be a way to remove participation in this completely.

That is your opinion, for me and everyone I know it's been a blessing
  • MyPrist
    MyPrist
    ✭✭✭
    With the release of Elsweyr, we're adding the capability for PC players to export group based encounter logs to a local file, located in the Logs folder within your Elder Scrolls Online document folder. These logs can then be uploaded to https://www.esologs.com/, a website created by one of our community members, https://twitter.com/KihraOfTemerity. Here you can do a deep dive into logged combat events within your group to see things like damage, healing, resource usage, and much more.

To start an encounter log, enter "/encounterlog" into chat (without the quotes). Once you're finished, you can type "/encounterlog" a second time to disable logging. You'll see a system message each time letting you know if you've started logging or stopped it. You will need an account on https://www.esologs.com/ and the uploader available there to view your group's logs.

You may remember that years ago, our addon API unintentionally allowed the ability to show group combat data in real time. While we saw a merit in this as tool, we disabled that capability due to the potential for misuse with having this information readily accessible in the game and in real time. Encounter logging provides a deep look into the same data, but external to the game and not in true real time. We believe these distinctions will swing the balance back towards using a tool like this for constructive purposes rather than nefarious ones. Additionally, we have added a setting located in the Combat settings menu that hides your character name from encounter logs. This means any combat events that are logged while you are present will display anonymously.

Uploading your encounter logs privately will be available on PTS, so please feel free to generate and submit encounter logs for the new Sunspire Trial or any of the dungeons. We'll also be giving an overview of the tool tomorrow on ESO Live, so please post any questions you have that you'd like for us to answer.

PLS remove function to look other players skillbars and gear !!! It is privat information for those players, who want to play in there own builds !

Anonim? Do not care, just watch any information about you. If you play in unique build, it is even easely possible to look where you play just base on it.

It is not like anonim works you know?

We want to play in own unique builds and do not want others just stole it.

Game do not let you see such information. It is cheating software !!!
    Edited by MyPrist on March 5, 2020 8:35AM