The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Faction Lock? Really? Again?

• ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone seems to be focusing on the negatives, but the positives are exciting to consider. Recruit for your faction!, This is a good opportunity to start building up guilds, introducing new players to pvp who are faction loyal. For those multi faction guilds, make each month a faction guild event, add your own in guild prizes for different levels of achievement through out the month. There are alot of things, within the pvp guilds of Cyrodiil, that could turn this into a new aspect of the game and bring some unexpected fun and enjoyment. If all you focus on is the negatives, then all you will get is a negative experience. Try looking at it from a different perspective and see how you can enrich your guilds and comradery. I mean after all, you cant switch teams every weekend if you play for your local team in baseball can you.
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone seems to be focusing on the negatives, but the positives are exciting to consider. Recruit for your faction!, This is a good opportunity to start building up guilds, introducing new players to pvp who are faction loyal. For those multi faction guilds, make each month a faction guild event, add your own in guild prizes for different levels of achievement through out the month. There are alot of things, within the pvp guilds of Cyrodiil, that could turn this into a new aspect of the game and bring some unexpected fun and enjoyment. If all you focus on is the negatives, then all you will get is a negative experience. Try looking at it from a different perspective and see how you can enrich your guilds and comradery. I mean after all, you cant switch teams every weekend if you play for your local team in baseball can you.

Most, if not all of the folks making negative comments have played long enough to know what kind of pvp environment faction lock leads to hence the negativity. Unless there are some super secret population balancing mechanics that the dev team have been feverishly working on,(which I doubt.....it's been 5 years) then we will have 2 buff servers incoming and I pity those interested in actual pvp that make the mistake of homing those campaigns on the wrong faction. Not to mention Non CP players are just plain out of luck with this change. If this was a thing that needed to be done to appease a portion of the player base then there were better ways of doing it.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 8 slots and all of them are DC. I dont even have all races all alliances. My devotion will protect me from these dark times!
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 8 slots and all of them are DC. I dont even have all races all alliances. My devotion will protect me from these dark times!

As long as you're good, I'm gonna sleep easier tonight. Whew. A load off my mind.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't need faction lock for any of that. If anything it can be only detrimental.