The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The problem with faction lock for the veteran PvP players

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Yesterday six well-known, elite, faction swapping veteran players IN THIS THREAD switched to DC to serve as a distraction and help DC get their scroll back at Farragut. This is why we need faction locks. Players shouldn't be able to decide which faction they want to play on at any given moment given the situation as it gives a huge disadvantage to faction-loyal players.

I was enjoying fighting the DC zerg until they interfered and allowed DC to recapture their scroll.

PROOF right here from one of the biggest faction loyalists in the game that fAcTiOn hOpPeRs actually do what we have said: switch to help the underdog team, not go to the winning side.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU players have gated gampaigns for the majority of the day due to faction hopping. Ppl swap to the time-scheduled PVDoor alliance to farm AP on one character, then reswap with whole guilds to the other alliance for the next PVDoor ap farming session. And we are not talking about 3 or 4 ppl here but of 40+. Its utterly disgusting and a disgrace for the game.

Uhhh if they just wanted to PvDoor a map wouldn't it make more sense to do it on a dead 7-day campaign (which will remain unlocked) rather than doing it on the flagship 30-day CP campaign?

Or are they actually doing this on the dead campaign and you are conflating it with the 30-day CP? I really don't know what they do on EU servers.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday six well-known, elite, faction swapping veteran players IN THIS THREAD switched to DC to serve as a distraction and help DC get their scroll back at Farragut. This is why we need faction locks. Players shouldn't be able to decide which faction they want to play on at any given moment given the situation as it gives a huge disadvantage to faction-loyal players.

I was enjoying fighting the DC zerg until they interfered and allowed DC to recapture their scroll.

PROOF right here from one of the biggest faction loyalists in the game that fAcTiOn hOpPeRs actually do what we have said: switch to help the underdog team, not go to the winning side.

On the flip side, AD had a horde last night which stole our scroll with DC's help. Where was our relief? Nobody came to help us and we were out there on our own because everyone was on AD.

Switching to the winning team is much more common among the playerbase than switching to the losing side.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 17, 2019 10:51AM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On the flip side, AD had a horde last night which stole our scroll with DC's help. Where was our relief? Nobody came to help us and we were out there on our own because everyone was on AD.

Switching to the winning team is much more common among the playerbase than switching to the losing side.

EP used to be the winning team until AOTP formed : )
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

EP used to be the winning team until AOTP formed : )

I'm grateful AP decided to help on Tuesday nights because it was needed.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ahtu what we experienced last night was 2 faction stacks - it had nothing to do with faction hopping. EP was fighting multiple coordinated guilds. Prior to AP's arrival, EP did the exact same things. Multiple guilds, rather than one guild running a raid of 30-70 players worked together and EP dominated. Each group played to their strengths and ish got done, EP did great.

As someone who played AD and DC prior to coming over to EP roughly 2 years ago, I admired how well EP worked together. Then this mentality of "don't listen to the elitists" came along, all the pugs who needed some direction ended up listening to leaders that weren't making the best choices and people got downright toxic instead of taking constructive criticism. EP's downfall has never had anything to do with faction hoppers like myself and my friends. It has everything to do with being comprised now of people who simply don't want to take good advice and don't want to work together outside of their guild groups.

Once again, that ain't no scapegoat to the left of this message.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno because I'm not sure I tagged her yet
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    ks888 wrote: »
    @frozywozy not everyone plays NA primetime though - that's a huge chunk of people being relegated to dead servers.

If a “huge chuck of people” are relegated to “dead” servers, I guess they’ll no longer be dead, eh?

I keep having this same thought as well. Not to say I absolutely agree with how this lock is being implemented, but it's a strange argument that's being made.
    To hear them tell it though, they're huge in numbers but will all be on at different times and always miss each other, so individually the map will remain dead.
    They also don't care about the rewards, but they want the 30 day rewards.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps pvpers are not inclined to assist those who have said they want to kill off pvp
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on April 17, 2019 1:13PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Marcus684 actually, it will likely be just as it was in the past - that huge chunk will comprise 1-2 factions rather than all 3, thus the exact same stuff will happen all over again. This means one faction dominating the map and everyone else struggling to find a balanced fight. Again, been there, done that, it didn't work last time.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad nobody helped because we didn't need it and got the scroll back immediately. I'm illustrating a point that people jump ship to the winning faction any given night based on the circumstance. Faction locks will prevent this from happening as people will be locked in for the entire campaign cycle.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 17, 2019 1:17PM
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO We had a scenario several years ago on Haderus with a particular guild lead who said he wanted to kill the server. At the time, my guild was playing DC and this leader was also on DC. Faction hopping actually saved the server, because our guild was able to swap to our AD and EP toons to pound that group. It was nice having the option to essentially play police when someone was doing something that would have ruined PvP for everyone.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ahtu many of us want the option to jump *** to the losing faction when one faction is dominating the map. Once again, rolling over the map is not fun or challenging PvP. 30 vs 5 is lame. Maybe you enjoy it and feel like that's "winning", but many of us don't. I want my opponent to have a chance at beating me and really make a fight interesting. Doors of keeps with a few stragglers inside does not make for good PvP. As you pointed out yesterday, my friends and I swapped to DC when they were nearly gated.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll still have the ability to jump to the losing faction. The only difference is that you will have to wait 30 days to do so, as it should be. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

By all means please keep threatening to cancel you subscription though if you dont get your way.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 17, 2019 1:48PM
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ahtu no see because that means that faction is gated, by players like you, for 30 days. That's not balanced.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ahtu no see because that means that faction is gated, by players like you, for 30 days. That's not balanced.

Good maybe then I can get some PvE done.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

Good maybe then I can get some PvE done.

What a toxic perspective to have in the PvP forums.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's "winning" apparently. The locked campaigns are going to be toxic and noncompetitive.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    We'll see what happens. Right now this is all just speculation. Faction locks aren't even live yet.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 17, 2019 2:08PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I imagine a bunch of people who might have otherwise helped did not because they don't want to play with a faction that regularly stacks 80 people in the same spot.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our zerg was split last night. Again, we don't need them. That would also explain why everyone switched to AD to stack with them.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 17, 2019 2:26PM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Our zerg was split last night. Again, we don't need them. That would also explain why everyone switched to AD to stack with them.

Have you ever thought that it's just different people playing at different times, creating imbalance?
    mDK will rise again.

Ádamant

• Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need you’re entire zerg or the 20-30 of you get farmed. We did it 2-3 times last night before all of you showed up.

Also who kicked me from yalls discord.
    Edited by Haashhtaag on April 17, 2019 3:45PM
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once again I will state this is NOT just going to affect you guys in Vivec... And is NOT just about Vivec. There are A LOT of good players who play on Sotha and Shor. We do so for various reasons, mostly for me I don’t like the lag and I have never held with there must be one main server thing, hence I homed Haderus and guested Chilrend when they were buff servers. This is about making it impossible to help balance servers by switching to the loosing faction. I understand if that isn’t what is going on in Vivec but like I said I don’t play there often because of the lag it just isn’t fun. I would say I think the points should stay in a general context because this affects all players not just those on the 30 day CP server. Right now as things stand if it is kept 3 servers plus below 50. Players who like no cp have no where else to go when the map is controlled by one faction or another. I also hear about dead servers during off hours maybe not as much action but during US Prime they have been busy and at times even pop locked with a short que. I would encourage you all not to think about just Vivec but to also consider the people who play No-CP and the 7 day server.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently 4 and there’s zero bars in every other campaign. Ad has the majority of the map on vivec. With the pop 3 ad, and 2 ep/dc so I can only imagine how things are going to look once faction locks are in place.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once again @Ahtu no one swapped to AD. EP made poor decisions when it came to the map and that's why they got pushed so hard.

Golden Gryphons - that's and AD only guild. Dominant Dominion - AD only. OMNI - has people that swap when solo, but as a guild they have been AD for over 2 years. TD - AD only for the most part too. They were all working together, which is what EP used to do and EP did it better than anyone else before AOTP came along.

Stop blaming others or coming up with conspiracies to explain your shortcomings folks.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Once again @Ahtu no one swapped to AD. EP made poor decisions when it came to the map and that's why they got pushed so hard.

Golden Gryphons - that's and AD only guild. Dominant Dominion - AD only. OMNI - has people that swap when solo, but as a guild they have been AD for over 2 years. TD - AD only for the most part too. They were all working together, which is what EP used to do and EP did it better than anyone else before AOTP came along.

Stop blaming others or coming up with conspiracies to explain your shortcomings folks.

If only Golden Gryphons and OMNI had faction diverse players, maybe EP wouldn't have had such a rough time...
    mDK will rise again.

Ádamant

• Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMNI - has people that swap when solo, but as a guild they have been AD for over 2 years.

To clarify, Omni started playing AD in January 2018. It's only been 16 months.

That said, we've not run a single guild-sanctioned organized group on another alliance since then. So yes, that's accurate.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not only that, if 6 players really makes that much of a difference, then its a sign something other than faction hopping is wrong. And I don't mean with the six players!
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I chose the 7d for the faction lock because I think it’s only fair for a new enactment to start on the smaller of the two campaigns. If you are gungho about faction lock, you can have fun with your purity brothers on Shor.

Faction lock is a more rigorous requirement for getting into the campaign- exactly why should it be implemented on the largest campaign that affects the majority of the pvp population?

Specialized standards have absolutely no place in Vivec. Some fleeting paranoia about people being spies is cute and all, until it literally makes it so I can’t play 2/3 of my characters with 2/3 of my friends. Then it’s just outrageous and unfair.
    Edited by Jules on April 18, 2019 8:17AM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy