The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions for the Bethesda Game Days Elsweyr Q&A Livestream

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm a good boy, can we have the Necromancer early please?
  • Billdor
    Billdor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please can we get dual spec? As someone who is a tank main, killing mobs in the outdoors whilst questing is a pain in the arse and it really does sap the life out of you.
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have a model where hybrid characters are viable? You could make the weapons and jewellery count armour passives so that the 5 piece passives are usable by a hybrid character with split resource pools. It would make builds like a spell sword possible which would be fun to play

Can you PLEASE revisit the Bosmer stealth passive. The change from stealth bonus to stealth detection is useless to just about everyone given its range, and it's completely lore-breaking as well. I realize few of your advisors actually played justice playstyle in PVE, that it was mostly focused on dungeons and trials, but it's no reason to resign wood elves to the dustbin of ESO.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Will there be new bg modes in Elsweyr? Any changes to make its q adequate?
    2. Does new Trial sets will be perfect-imperfect again and if so any plans to swap its 3pc bonus with 5pc bonus of perfect stuff so non-perfect sets can worked outside of pve (and their 5pc bonuses make them sometimes bis in pvp) and can be acquired by pvpers without bein forced to buy trial runs; while perfect gear will have this unique pure pve-boosting bonus for hardcore pve groups?
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With regards to Bosmer stealth that was mentioned a couple of times, I'd like to link to this comment that summarizes a lot of our complaints.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wedgebert wrote: »
    With regards to Bosmer stealth that was mentioned a couple of times, I'd like to link to this comment that summarizes a lot of our complaints.

There are several questions in that thread, if having a question is a mandatory aspect. I would also add a meme picture of some kind of epic cosplay failure with the caption (comic sans, of course) "do you even lore, bro?" But my tea is still a-brewing and ain't nobody got time for that yet.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many motifs can we expect from Elsweyr?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be new furnishing plans/furniture?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An Alfiq momento like the merchant and banker?

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans on the return of Stuga? :smile:

• Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭
    I really love the new zone guide. Very useful. Will that be expanded with the new chapter? Minor quests would be nice, but it is still great as is.
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love the new zone guide. Very useful. Will that be expanded with the new chapter? Minor quests would be nice, but it is still great as is.

I'd love to see something similar added akin to WoW's dungeon journal. Something that explains the general mechanics of each boss and maybe notable loot. That way people don't always have to run out to 3rd party guides just to figure out what's going on.
  • AuraKoimizu
    AuraKoimizu
    ✭✭
    Just a few questions:

Since we aren't Dragonborn and can't kill Dragons, are we going to possibly have a skill line towards standing up against them?
    Are we going to have different sized Khajiiti houses through out the region?
    How many motifs will be released in this chapter?
    Are Dragons going to be everywhere else in Tamriel or just in Elsweyr?
    Since necromancer are going to have reactions from npcs regarding their abilities, would they also recognize vampires and werewolves?
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Any plans on the return of Stuga? :smile:

Do you know how long I've been looking for her?
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the Senche-raht special mount available only in collectors edition:

Does it really "fight for you" as a combat pet, or is that marketing nonsense?

Regarding player housing in Elsweyr:

Will any of it be available for gold?
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any thoughts on a more competitive version of Battlegrounds for the more serious players or having a way for premades to deliberately play against each other? This is something pretty much every high MMR BG player I've talked to has wanted.

Also, are there any plans for growing/expanding the current BG system with other gamemodes such as 12 v 12 or 6v6?
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you make a simple goodwill gesture towards your hardcore rpg fan base by correcting Bosmer and Argonian racials to be back in line with 20+ years of lore and precedent?

What functionalities from popular pc addons are you planning to bring to console to improve their QOL.

Do you have any plans to release new banker and merchant assistants? The Imperial, the High Elf, the Alfiqs, the Pack Rat, etc.
    Edited by max_only on March 25, 2019 6:43PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "And that's the story of how we ended up with a Cat Dragon in the Dragon deck in a product that contains both Cats and Dragons long after the reason for it to be there was gone."
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/dragons-dragons-and-cat-dragons-2017-08-08

I can't help thinking about that line while we wait for Elsweyr, because it's so similar.
    When going through pre-production on Elsweyr, was there ever talk about doing a Cat Dragon? Or was it always necessary for Kaalgrontiid and the others in this story to be distinctively reptilian?

eQ9oXdP.png
    signing off
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Will there only be one campaign for IC? Will this mean overall suppy of IC related loot (hakeijo's) entering the economy may be reduced as a side effect of people not being able to farm in empty campaigns?

(If answer is yes then that is a good thing. :) )

2. Show as many necromancer skills as possible (all pl0x). At least show all skills that have a stamina morph if there are any. Show resurrect ultimate etc.

3. When PTS?
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are any of the Dragons appearing in Sunspire or elswhere in Elsweyr returning from previous games? Such as Nafaalilargus from The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard, might he re-appear in ESO: Elsweyr under a different name?
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    We know that the Justice System will react to certain Necromancer abilities in Update 22. But I am wondering if we'll see similar reactions to other abilities and curseforms that would, by lore of TES, be viewed as highly illegal in Tamriel.

I'm thinking of the obvious nominees like Vampire and Werewolf abilities, and perhaps other class abilities like a Sorcerer's daedra pets and the Nightblades' shadow cloak ability.

Society in Tamriel often sees both Daedra Summoners and a Vanishing Rogues to be up to no good, so why should the guards give them a pass?

Since summon deadra does not mean you are a daedra worshiper.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-quest today - Main Server or PTS?
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Natch potes?
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will Necromancers have synergies built into their class skills/ultimates? Playerbase wants MORE synergies!
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could we please get comment on the impact that Akamai is having on Oceanic gameplay?

PLEASE> THIS^
    We all know it's the Akamai scrubber. The trace routes prove it. The internal Akamai hops demonstrate it. Rich Lambert said he'd look at it. There are 16 pages on one thread on first page of recent posts about it. And there are multiple threads on the topic.

Please take this to your tech team so someone can answer the question properly. ./begs

Your marketing department will thank you. The game's reputation as unplayable from SEAsia/Oceania is getting ubiquitous.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Alsaroth
    Alsaroth
    ✭✭
    Uhm... Where can I find the stream?
  • Alsaroth
    Alsaroth
    ✭✭
    Alsaroth wrote: »
    Uhm... Where can I find the stream?

Never mind; Twitch it is.
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    Hi with the Elsweyr packages if someone already has Morrowind and wants to update to get Summerset and Elsweyr could you please adopt a credit system to allow other crown content like DLC's so that exiting players already with that content can get ones they do not have and don't then have to double up on some content?

You may have specifically decided to opt for a way to double up on needless sales that a lot may not desire or force more accounts to be made further taxing your servers storage for even more accounts for every new chapter and redundant chapters that may not all be needed by a player. Could you please consider the suggestion in the paragraph above.

Also for those upgrading and adding to their game content as loyal long term players could exclusive content be given to them that is not available to other non upgraded content?
    Maybe in the form of a furnishing, Sign with an Ouroboros, or dragon inscribed with "Adventure Starts And Continues Here."
    or just blank.
    A special mount or pet plus other contents pet or mount that may be offered. (Same mount/pet different glowing color)

Thanks.

btw I'm rethinking my game play all the time. And am starting to re enjoy the game more by helping others in game,
    so if normal game play gets frustrating and err crashes non normal server shutdowns for maintenance all can be so frustrating especially when trying to do holiday events etc.

Thanks also for allowing crown items to be sent to players for me that's a huge help. THANK YOU!. (Not yelling implying Bold or emphasising a bigger thank you to show that I appreciate it heaps.)
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    VanNoodles wrote: »
    When are we going to get stability in the dungeon queue system? Every update breaks it again.

As a solo player people in my guild are sometimes in the queue for an hour or more. Regular queue times are over 30 mins.

The dungeon *** is frustrating. Your dungeon is ready press 'F'. Someone declined the invitation. Your dungeon is ready press 'F'. Someone declined the invitation. Your dungeon is ready press 'F'. Someone declined the invitation. Your dungeon is ready press 'F'. Someone declined the invitation.

Rinse and repeat about 10 to 15 times before you actually enter the dungeon. No-one is declining the invitation when you're a 4 party group ready to go.

The dungeons are a huge part of the PvE game. Investment needs to be made in real development time to permanently fix the well known and long running issues.

Not to mention being in a queue being accepted then rejected or group disbanded and merry go round, round, round .

The declining of the invitation may be accidental especially if the one in the queue is in a mob fight or boss etc and can not actually respond to join the group as the counter either times out or a wrong key gets pressed or the player dies.

These things could decline someone from a group.
    So yes a re work should be done to address issues.

I have had similar waiting to go to Cyrodil and do PVE groups while fighting mobs then have to attempt to do all over again and avoid any fighting just to be able to accept and get where I want to go. If Cyrodil queue longer than 20 usually have enough time to explore and take out some things.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the Necro's summonings and magical doings will be considered illegal in towns, would it be possible to do the same for summoned Daedra and wild beasties too? Right now it feels like necro will be discriminated against! :)

Or, failing that, some way to desummon the things in towns, especially near stations and other interactibles (banks, etc)? Personally, I prefer the first idea for a more immersive experience, summoning is baaad, m'kay?

Also I am curious what your plans are for the CP's - I'd like to know what ideas you're kicking around for changes. :)
    Edited by AlienSlof on March 25, 2019 1:07PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady