The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Buff Magika Warden please

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    Group stoup......with 12 people I reckon one or two can get away with being "non-viable". Such lame terms and labels people are putting on something as simple as a raid. Its always more about the fight and mechanics than it is raw dps. 70k dps aint no good dead. Sure, might take a bit longer to kill ut then where are you going? Hot date or something? Nah, its a game you play for fun, relaxing (except pvp,lol!) and socializing. SO look at it like this.....an extra 5 mins spent killin a Boss is an extra 5 mins you get to spend with people you love!!! ;)

For casual play it's fine. Every class is. But it becomes a problem in actual endgame
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean seriously...stop and take 5/10 mins and list what you want "fixed" with Magdens. Now, is that list realistic and is it going to happen any time soon? Nah, odds are its not. Bigger odds ZOS doesn't even nor have they ever read this thread. So whats the point of it all? Bitching for the sake of bitching? Meh, go play, mess around, come up with some new build that blows people away if that's your thing. But crying to masses on here never really solves anything other than letting off steam. Just don't post expecting changes...

(and yes, I have been just as guilty of it)
    Edited by Joxer61 on March 7, 2019 3:28AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean seriously...stop and take 5/10 mins and list what you want "fixed" with Magdens. Now, is that list realistic and is it going to happen any time soon? Nah, odds are its not. Bigger odds ZOS doesn't even nor have they ever read this thread. So whats the point of it all? Bitching for the sake of bitching? Meh, go play, mess around, come up with some new build that blows people away if that's your thing. But crying to masses on here never really solves anything other than letting off steam. Just don't post expecting changes...

Ive seriously spent many hours on letters saying what i want "fixed" with wardens along with the frost staff. Is it realistic? It is constructive and mostly tries to suggest things that aren't overly complicated for ZOS to implement (Crys Swords is an exception). ZOS may never implement them but it never hurts to try. We offer legitimate painpoints and bug reports. Warden-wide. I'm "bitching" for the sake of wanting magden to be better in other areas than group pvp and discussing ideas with others to get them on board with the Frost Discord's ideas. Not just for the sake of complaining. We cant make many builds because we have barely any damage skills to play around with and there are hundreds of useless sets.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on March 7, 2019 3:54AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive seriously spent many hours on letters saying what i want "fixed" with wardens along with the frost staff. Is it realistic? It is constructive and mostly tries to suggest things that aren't overly complicated for ZOS to implement (Crys Swords is an exception). ZOS may never implement them but it never hurts to try. We offer legitimate painpoints and bug reports. Warden-wide. I'm "bitching" for the sake of wanting magden to be better in other areas than group pvp and discussing ideas with others to get them on board with the Frost Discord's ideas. Not just for the sake of complaining. We cant make many builds because we have barely any damage skills to play around with and there are hundreds of useless sets.

I'd like to see the class as a whole get lifted, not just one area like frost. We can but try and hope.....keep poking the bear! (yes, pun very intended!) ;)

Oh, and my reasons for trying to make the 50k dps sound and be legit is that out of ALL my toons, every class, I have tried and failed. Just look at my many posts asking for help/tips/etc. in regards to this class or that. Magblade was ok but im not a huge fam of relying on skills that proc. Magplar again was decent, same as MagDk, but later being melee me not a big fan. With my crappy Australian latency/lag I struggle with bar swaps and all sorts of issues. Still have a Pet Sorc to try out as it was suggested to be good but point I am trying to make is that my Magden is and has been the most fun and enjoyable and I am actually able to do some trials and such on it!
    So yea, I am ALL for seeing it got some love but on the same hand I think the love that it really needs is from the people themselves. Stop with the negative towards the class and let people run em!!!!
    Edited by Joxer61 on March 7, 2019 5:05AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see the class as a whole get lifted, not just one area like frost. We can but try and hope.....keep poking the bear! (yes, pun very intended!) ;)

My discord is called the ESO Frost Discord XD. But i think Green Balance is fine for the most part. Animal Companions needs help but I'd still put priority on winters embrace.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean seriously...stop and take 5/10 mins and list what you want "fixed" with Magdens. Now, is that list realistic and is it going to happen any time soon? Nah, odds are its not.

I think that's why a change to Swarm is always brought up. It's the easiest and most likely fix as ZOS is absolutely not going to rework Frost as a DPS option or specific Frost skills from Warden.

Make Fetcher Infection always apply the stronger DoT and remove the double cast bs or make it the Magicka version of Poison Injection where it becomes an execute DoT (this is what I prefer). Or combine both of that into the skill. Easiest fix and maybe the most efficient one in the end.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 7, 2019 7:14AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    I mean seriously...stop and take 5/10 mins and list what you want "fixed" with Magdens. Now, is that list realistic and is it going to happen any time soon? Nah, odds are its not.

I think that's why a change to Swarm is always brought up. It's the easiest and most likely fix as ZOS is absolutely not going to rework Frost as a DPS option or specific Frost skills from Warden.

Make Fetcher Infection always apply the stronger DoT and remove the double cast bs or make it the Magicka version of Poison Injection where it becomes an execute DoT (this is what I prefer). Or combine both of that into the skill. Easiest fix and maybe the most efficient one in the end.

I can definitely get behind that for sure!!! ;) Shame it doesn't do any good but yea, that would help the class heaps.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

it's a great rework idea. but it's not everything the class needs.
  • Soundles1990
    Soundles1990
    ✭✭✭
    magicka warden need a buff
  • Klingenlied
    Klingenlied
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the more one looks at the Forums, looks at dps parses and continues playing with the class itself, I feel inclined to say Warden really is ok'ish but still lacks. And this not only refers to mag warden, it is just that mag warden seems to fall behind the farthest. If you compare stam warden to stamblade, one still pulls ahead in dps and sustain with more flexibility due to better passives - and its not the warden!

Anyway, if I would be allowed to change stuff, I would change way more way more drastically. Fetcher, well, thats easy for me. Base version doesnt matter, 1 morph for execute where the second cast deals the full damage of the dot in an instant but removes the dot. Applicable on targets below 50% or 25%health, would need to be balanced out. But I actually think we would need to be able to apply it at 50% already to be able to have viable dps. Another morph for aoe-dps where the swarms spreads on target death, on running down the full duration and on second cast. Second cast would spread the infection to 4 other targets. You can stack 2 infections.
    Artic wind is useless in its current form.
    Change artic blast to: "On activation, heals you for 860 HP. Heal for an additional 1200 HP for 10 seconds. While slottet, increase frost and magic damage by 6%".
    Now for passives.
    Remove the requirement of flourish, just let it always increase stam and mag reg by 12% (or even buff it by 3%, would be on par with Nightblade).
    Let natures gift proc on every heal, no matter if it heals or not, whenever you heal, could help with sustain. No more requiring to heal others.

Overall, this might already line Warden up to be a strong and not yet OP dd. And I am not for "unifiying power" and will not deny Wardens spikeness of damage in PvP. But I claim that Wardens are not the strongest Class in PvP. I claim they make the worst Werewolfs (due to passives). I claim they make the weakest casters. And I claim they have a hard time in Maelstrom (specially stam warden). This is all very subjective of course. But I can only see the game improving with more and more concerns adressed and the relative power level of the classes becoming closer.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a magwarden alt so am not very experienced with it. Is the bear and necropence really required?

I was thinking of trying the other version of permafrost for the 8% extra magicka on my front bar, mother’s sorrow and Siroria, with maybe the soul magic ultimate for the ultimate I actually use for damage. Never tried the soul magic ultimate in pve, but it is high tooltip. Then use it during the spammable part in the rotation which would help the sustain.

Anyone tried something similar and is it semi-competitive? My thinking is crit scales better in trials and without crit you aren’t taking full advantage of the extra magicka.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I have a magwarden alt so am not very experienced with it. Is the bear and necropence really required?

I was thinking of trying the other version of permafrost for the 8% extra magicka on my front bar, mother’s sorrow and Siroria, with maybe the soul magic ultimate for the ultimate I actually use for damage. Never tried the soul magic ultimate in pve, but it is high tooltip. Then use it during the spammable part in the rotation which would help the sustain.

Anyone tried something similar and is it semi-competitive? My thinking is crit scales better in trials and without crit you aren’t taking full advantage of the extra magicka.

Yeah bear and necro is often considered BiS for magdens in pve. It gets you the most damage.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necropotence still doesn't buff bear DPS or is that fixed last I tested was on wrathstone pts.

On the bear all it needs is to have as was said, either a different ultimate back bar or 1 bar ulti OR the same treatment incap got which was different effects depending on ultimate level. So that would be at say 120-150-200-250 it gets a roar ability that hits AOE. Biggest reason the bear is still side eyed is lack of an AOE component. We need flexibility to have an AOE ulti so either until tether one of our ulti bars or allow is to get an AOE out of it.

• Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree magden dps does need a buff. I got mine to pull 45-48k dps on a 6 mil dummy but sustain is really bad and the bear ultimate is so lackluster. Right now the bear ultimate has a problem where bloodthirsty jewelry traits are not affecting the bear. The bear is wardens only source of execute damage so its really bad for them. I would say buff their sustain from netch and maybe rework something in green balance so the skills and passives can actually be useful to a warden dps.
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should also make the bear ultimate better somehow. It takes up 2 bar slots and is single target with mediocre damage.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necropotence still doesn't buff bear DPS or is that fixed last I tested was on wrathstone pts.

On the bear all it needs is to have as was said, either a different ultimate back bar or 1 bar ulti OR the same treatment incap got which was different effects depending on ultimate level. So that would be at say 120-150-200-250 it gets a roar ability that hits AOE. Biggest reason the bear is still side eyed is lack of an AOE component. We need flexibility to have an AOE ulti so either until tether one of our ulti bars or allow is to get an AOE out of it.

They fixed it.