The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Buff Magika Warden please

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    @Zardayne what build are you runnings? What's your bar? Magden is in a very strong spot in PvP atm

I've tried many different ones. Some of the latest sets I've ran were bright throat/necro with bloodspawn , necro/spinners/bloodspawn, and pariah/necro with skoria.

I'm at work but my skill bar looks something like:

Bar 1-Harness Mag, cliff racer (sometimes lightning clench), fissure, fetcher infection (sometimes crystal slab here), Bird of prey ULT- Northern storm
    Bar 2- Trellis, mutagen, Either fetcher infection or winters revenge, blue betty, ice fortress ULT- Life giver or meteor

CP similar to Alcast's pvp magwarden setup.

I've mixed in inner light on my main bar on occasion but I try to load up as many animals on my main bar for increased damage. With some builds I've been over 50k mag. I went back to running 5 spinners and that seemed to help a bit with hitting harder but I still was no overwhelming force.

I feel kind of like a one trick pony waiting on northern/perma. Even then I'm not dropping them like flies. My tool tip on cliff racer shows around 10.5 to 12k now but unless I hit a newb in green armor out there I'm hitting around 3200-4k ish a hit. Sure occasionally I'll see a 4500 but normally it's lower from what I have seen. Ultimately I feel the problem is just the slow cast speed of cliff racers and the delayed shalks. When I play my stamplar and Magdk I don't have this delayed fighting and I always feel I did well. This weekend I played mostly in Cyrodiil and damn NBs were tearing my ass apart. I mean by the time I fired off fissure and got a racer off he had already hit me 3 times for some big time shots (6K plus according to my deathcap) and this was from multiple one on one encounters. Before any of my damage has really hit I'm already backpeddling and in full defensive mode trying to recover. The slow-mo just seems to be a hindrance in a lot of encounters. I do decent against other ranged spellcasters/archers but that's only due to crystal slab/shield. Anyway it's just frustrating having to slot northern and a full animals bar just to try and hit respectable DPS when other classes can spam the same ability or two over and over FTW. IMO of course...

Consider giving my old setup a try:

5 War Maiden
    5 BTB/Necro
    2 Slimecraw

Front Bar: Fetchers, Shalks, Cliff Racer, Flame Reach, Inner Light, Northern Storm/Soul Assault

Back Bar: Leeching Vines, Crystal Shield, Harness Magicka, Ice Fortress, Betty, Life Giver

General rotation was Shalks, Fetcher (double cast), Reach, Racer spam. Shalks hits when they’re knocked back, and the combo of that plus racer spam is pretty potent 1v1. I switch back to that build whenever I get bored of playing my frost support build in BGs, and usually finish with the best K/D ratio and the highest score. Just transmute one ring to Bloodthirsty to resolve the execute damage issue. You don’t need the extra magicka if you’re running BTB (or Necro), Inner Light, and Northern Storm on your front bar.

Thanks @Aurielle, I might try that. At one time I bought War Maidens in hopes to try it out one day but I never did and ended up selling it. I might give it a go this time. I wouldn't mind trying slimecraw but I feel I'd miss my defenses/ult of bloodspawn.

Hope you have some success with it! You could even try Elemental Weapon (which is also affected by War Maiden) instead of Cliff Racer, if you find the latter too clunky. You’ll lose a little bit of damage on your other pet skills, but it should still do excellent burst without feeling so slow. You’ll be able to get War Maiden gear for next to nothing ATM thanks to the recent event, so its worth giving it a try.

Also, don’t be afraid to give Slimecraw a try. You ideally want to kite and avoid damage as a magden, and that damage bonus helps a lot. You already get decent ultigen with Crystal Shield and LA weaves. Furthermore, Leeching Vines is more than enough when you aren’t able to roll dodge or shield, as you’re getting healed whenever you take damage AND when you dish it out.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All I was saying is I looked at Alcast's CP setup on the build. I was hoping maybe I was missing something in my build that would help in increase my damage or offer me a bit more protection.

I will second after some testing of my own Crystallized slab is sub par compared to the other morph, especially when it's all about building up for permafrost.
    @Zardayne

So our bars are pretty much the same. I dropped northern storm for the other Morph because you really don't need a stun and the 8% damage reduction when you jump into a group to nuke them is amazing.

One thing I have learned is that the Beatles are your spam not the bird. The only time you use the bird is when the Beatles are priming to go off and that additional damage is really needed. I also dropped the stun and replaced it with fetcher. The stun is nice but more then likely your fight a DK which is just going to reflect that stun back at you. They can't reflect the DoT. The dot also acts like a excute. By the time I have hit them with Beatles twice and 3 birds while they are standing in WoE they are dead.

If you play on NA I could definitely help you out. Now I'm not saying I'm the best pvper but I could probably get you and the warden functional.

Please keep in mind I only do BGs and IC so this may not work for you. I don't like play horse simmulator

Oh in Cyrodiil I only spam the birds when there's a ranged standoff. Once we close in, I go to spamming shalks. Unfortunately a lot changes in 3 seconds in mass battle so by the time they fire off you might not even have a target in line of fire.

The Beatles have almost the range of the bird. But yah they are a pain to aim.

I think that's what frustrates me the most is the delay and then trying to line it up on a rolling, dancing target. When they miss after 3 seconds, that hurts lol.

I also hate the double cast on the flies. Drives me nuts.

I think the damage portion of magwarden is bad and unfinished. SCR is contrary to Fissure which is really bad. Its much easier to hit fissure when you're close range and SCR rewards you for being at a distance. Swarm is boring and the double cast is just random. Winter's Revenge is also very generic (not to mention it was a change from a completely useless Impaling Shards Morph). It's not bad but its the only frost damage ability magden has which isn't enough on top of the only non ultimate damage skills. Most of the skills are just absolutely boring and just deal raw damage. Deep Fissure is our center skill and the most interesting one we have. I definitely think SCR and Swarm need changes. We need more damaging skills too with group utility and a unique synergy. The best place to implement these are in Winters Embrace with the amount of poor performing or even useless morphs. It helps not only magden but gives cryomancers some real skills to work with. We need help especially when it comes to group utility, and skill variety. As a class i see Animal Companions and Winters Embrace as being extremely flawed skill lines. Green Balance is an absolute gem though. Most morphs/Skills are useful and feel really awesome to use while looking very beautiful.

With Animal Companions i noticed something really interesting. Warden has nothing to do with Vvardenfell or Morrowind really in general. I say this because when the class was advertised we saw a Bear and Frost magic. Neither these things are related to Morrowind because I've never seen a non-warden bear in Morrowind and Morrowind is known for its Volcanos, Swamps and Wastelands. Not its Ice Fields. This makes me think Warden wasn't intended to be associated with Morrowind. But, rather, Skyrim or even just Tamriel itself. I think they realised that the class may have needed to relate in some way to Morrowind because they paired the class with its release. So they made the spammable a Cliff Racer, its damage buff a Netch Calf and its DoT a swarm of Fetcher Flies, they then made the Haj Mota into 3 Shalks to appeal to morrowind fans and give it a sense of relation to Vvardenfell. This sucks because the Druid/Hunter class is left with mostly unrelateable and alien animals. The Bear is relateable because its something everyone has grown up with everyone knows what a bear is and you can make many interpretations of a bear. It being a fluffy giant or a grizzly menace. Something up to you and why people like the bear. But not everyone has grown up with Shalks, Fetcher Flies and Cliff Racers which are so alien to us humans

THIS the whole line sucks thematically. The pets and bleh animation wise the overall skills are eh and the ice line passive and abilities wise are just eh.

I sort of agree. I do like Bear, Winter's Revenge, Ice Fortress and Sleet Storm though

I do like the Bear myself but not as a double ultimate. I wish it was like the summon wolves in EQ2 @ 1:45 in the vid below. A one bar ultimate that was a temporary summons for damage and knockdown. That way I could use it in Cyrodiil as well as soloing. Right now he's not dependable and with the shoddy pet controls ZOS gives us makes it tough to control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcAMCy3iPi8

Pets in this game need a total rework. First you shouldn't have to multiple bar them to keep them up. If they fixed that one aspect I think pets would be more viable over all. The lack of control over pets is really the problem.
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused, since wardens have bird of prey, wouldn't Slimecraw not be that good as BoP already gives minor berserk? Just wondering...
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused, since wardens have bird of prey, wouldn't Slimecraw not be that good as BoP already gives minor berserk? Just wondering...

If you don’t have room on your bars for BoP (you will notice it is nowhere on my bars), then Slimecraw is your only option for that buff. I’d much rather have the extra magicka and crit from Inner Light/Slimecraw than a brief burst of expedition and a damage buff that I have to micromanage.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

If you don’t have room on your bars for BoP (you will notice it is nowhere on my bars), then Slimecraw is your only option for that buff. I’d much rather have the extra magicka and crit from Inner Light/Slimecraw than a brief burst of expedition and a damage buff that I have to micromanage.

I can't load the video what's your bar?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't load the video what's your bar?

I didn’t post a video... From the previous page:
    @Zardayne what build are you runnings? What's your bar? Magden is in a very strong spot in PvP atm

I've tried many different ones. Some of the latest sets I've ran were bright throat/necro with bloodspawn , necro/spinners/bloodspawn, and pariah/necro with skoria.

I'm at work but my skill bar looks something like:

Bar 1-Harness Mag, cliff racer (sometimes lightning clench), fissure, fetcher infection (sometimes crystal slab here), Bird of prey ULT- Northern storm
    Bar 2- Trellis, mutagen, Either fetcher infection or winters revenge, blue betty, ice fortress ULT- Life giver or meteor

CP similar to Alcast's pvp magwarden setup.

I've mixed in inner light on my main bar on occasion but I try to load up as many animals on my main bar for increased damage. With some builds I've been over 50k mag. I went back to running 5 spinners and that seemed to help a bit with hitting harder but I still was no overwhelming force.

I feel kind of like a one trick pony waiting on northern/perma. Even then I'm not dropping them like flies. My tool tip on cliff racer shows around 10.5 to 12k now but unless I hit a newb in green armor out there I'm hitting around 3200-4k ish a hit. Sure occasionally I'll see a 4500 but normally it's lower from what I have seen. Ultimately I feel the problem is just the slow cast speed of cliff racers and the delayed shalks. When I play my stamplar and Magdk I don't have this delayed fighting and I always feel I did well. This weekend I played mostly in Cyrodiil and damn NBs were tearing my ass apart. I mean by the time I fired off fissure and got a racer off he had already hit me 3 times for some big time shots (6K plus according to my deathcap) and this was from multiple one on one encounters. Before any of my damage has really hit I'm already backpeddling and in full defensive mode trying to recover. The slow-mo just seems to be a hindrance in a lot of encounters. I do decent against other ranged spellcasters/archers but that's only due to crystal slab/shield. Anyway it's just frustrating having to slot northern and a full animals bar just to try and hit respectable DPS when other classes can spam the same ability or two over and over FTW. IMO of course...

Consider giving my old setup a try:

5 War Maiden
    5 BTB/Necro
    2 Slimecraw

Front Bar: Fetchers, Shalks, Cliff Racer, Flame Reach, Inner Light, Northern Storm/Soul Assault

Back Bar: Leeching Vines, Crystal Shield, Harness Magicka, Ice Fortress, Betty, Life Giver

General rotation was Shalks, Fetcher (double cast), Reach, Racer spam. Shalks hits when they’re knocked back, and the combo of that plus racer spam is pretty potent 1v1. I switch back to that build whenever I get bored of playing my frost support build in BGs, and usually finish with the best K/D ratio and the highest score. Just transmute one ring to Bloodthirsty to resolve the execute damage issue. You don’t need the extra magicka if you’re running BTB (or Necro), Inner Light, and Northern Storm on your front bar.

• alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Aurielle wouldn't you get more overall damage increase if you ran lighting on your front bar for high shulk DPS.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aurielle wouldn't you get more overall damage increase if you ran lighting on your front bar for high shulk DPS.

Since Shalks is very reliant on positioning, I find it better overall to have more single target damage (Reach, Racers/Ele Weapon, Fetchers), especially when playing against a good opponent who has CC immunity and knows how to anticipate a Shalks burst rotation. Also, Shock Reach doesn’t have a knockback effect.
  • zTrok
    zTrok
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, has anyone tested on PTS if the bear is scaling with the 5pc bonus of Necropotence? It's working with petsorcs again and resulting in huge DPS gains over live

know that you said this a while ago, but bear being an ult scales with spell/weapon damage, whatever's higher
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

All I was saying is I looked at Alcast's CP setup on the build. I was hoping maybe I was missing something in my build that would help in increase my damage or offer me a bit more protection.

I will second after some testing of my own Crystallized slab is sub par compared to the other morph, especially when it's all about building up for permafrost.
    @Zardayne

So our bars are pretty much the same. I dropped northern storm for the other Morph because you really don't need a stun and the 8% damage reduction when you jump into a group to nuke them is amazing.

One thing I have learned is that the Beatles are your spam not the bird. The only time you use the bird is when the Beatles are priming to go off and that additional damage is really needed. I also dropped the stun and replaced it with fetcher. The stun is nice but more then likely your fight a DK which is just going to reflect that stun back at you. They can't reflect the DoT. The dot also acts like a excute. By the time I have hit them with Beatles twice and 3 birds while they are standing in WoE they are dead.

If you play on NA I could definitely help you out. Now I'm not saying I'm the best pvper but I could probably get you and the warden functional.

Please keep in mind I only do BGs and IC so this may not work for you. I don't like play horse simmulator

Oh in Cyrodiil I only spam the birds when there's a ranged standoff. Once we close in, I go to spamming shalks. Unfortunately a lot changes in 3 seconds in mass battle so by the time they fire off you might not even have a target in line of fire.

Yesterdaaaaaay,
    All my targets seemed so far away,
    Now it seems they're here to stay
    In my face
    Oh how I long for yesterday

Suddenly
    The target is not where he used to be ...
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on March 5, 2019 5:37PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    They can't buff MagDen without making them even more monstrous in PvP...

Sure they can. Buff their DoTs. Give them non-CC utility.

Winter's Revenge is pretty blah in PvE. So it's an obvious candidate for a buff.

Sure but other skills are also blah. SCR and Swarm are also candidates. but we also need more skills to play with. and winter's embrace has the room. we have no group utility or synergy.

My point was that a long-running, narrow-radius ground-based DoT is exactly the kind of skill that is powerful in PvE but not PvP, so buffing it for PvE purposes wouldn't affect PvP balance.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

@Zardayne

Yesterdaaaaaay,
    All my targets seemed so far away,
    Now it seems they're here to stay
    In my face
    Oh how I long for yesterday

Suddenly
    The target is not where he used to be ...

This is why I use ice staff WoE.
  • WardenOfTheExalted
    WardenOfTheExalted
    ✭✭✭
    well changing frost staff passive to do something usefull DPS wise, would be a start.

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

If frost would do like 8% more critdmg, or something like this, would make a big change in PVE.

Furthermore they should introduce "Tanking Staffs" and give them the Frost Passives destros have now, and some other nice passives and skills.

would atleast help forst DMG in PVE...maybe rework the Chilled status Effect aswell, making a change in PVP snares etc.

yes yes yes… FROST SHOULD NOT BE TANKING PERIOD. I'll take crit over tanking!
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    well changing frost staff passive to do something usefull DPS wise, would be a start.

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

If frost would do like 8% more critdmg, or something like this, would make a big change in PVE.

Furthermore they should introduce "Tanking Staffs" and give them the Frost Passives destros have now, and some other nice passives and skills.

would atleast help forst DMG in PVE...maybe rework the Chilled status Effect aswell, making a change in PVP snares etc.

I think the utilities from frost staff are really nice.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they could change frost dmg into stacks because fire is biggest dmg ST with dot, shock is AOE dmg and increasing dmg by 8%, frost could be a stacking thing e.g. when u stack 5 times status effect - chilled u unleash a bonus huge dmg which is also a frost dmg, Jaina from wow or hots was working like that, when target got frost dmg and the next frost dmg hit him as double dmg.
    Edited by DarkPicture on March 6, 2019 12:55AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Many people would. This idea is so popular im going to use it in a survey im developing to see what rework ideas for the frost staff that the frost discord should focus on. If people want tanking(ideas are penetration and armour reduction) or dps (crit)
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Many people would. This idea is so popular im going to use it in a survey im developing to see what rework ideas for the frost staff that the frost discord should focus on. If people want tanking(ideas are penetration and armour reduction) or dps (crit)

If they kept frost staff exactly as it is now and removed the taunt and add a tanking staff with a line designed for it. Id be all for it also
    Browart wrote: »
    I think they could change frost dmg into stacks because fire is biggest dmg ST with dot, shock is AOE dmg and increasing dmg by 8%, frost could be a stacking thing e.g. when u stack 5 times status effect - chilled u unleash a bonus huge dmg which is also a frost dmg, Jaina from wow or hots was working like that, when target got frost dmg and the next frost dmg hit him as double dmg.

This idea is very interesting. 5 stacks of chilled enables frost explosion. Actually I'd you did this and the crit damage, and made the chilled effect bosses then this would be great. Better idea. Do the crit damage and then make so that when chilled stacks x amount of time causes increase in damage. This would help PvP and pve.
    Edited by alexj4596b14_ESO on March 6, 2019 1:30AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

If they kept frost staff exactly as it is now and removed the taunt and add a tanking staff with a line designed for it. Id be all for it also

This idea is very interesting. 5 stacks of chilled enables frost explosion.

This sounds very similar to our Crystallized Slab rework called Crystallized Swords.

Take a look:

Crystallized Swords:

Embrace Atmora's Power giving you and nearby allies minor courage for 15 seconds. While active, Applying chilled on an enemy summons an ice sword around you. This can occur once every 3 seconds. You can have up to 3 swords at a time.

At any time after 1 sword is summoned, you can fire the swords to bombard an enemy. The first sword deals 230 frost damage. The second sword deals 330 frost damage. The final sword deals 410 frost damage and up to +150% more damage to targets below 50% health.

(Placeholder numbers.)
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on March 6, 2019 1:32AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

This sounds very similar to our Crystallized Slab rework called Crystallized Swords.

But if they turned this into a passive and made that ability into something else it opens up more room for something interesting to happen with the worthless abilities.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

But if they turned this into a passive and made that ability into something else it opens up more room for something interesting to happen with the worthless abilities.

Seems too interesting for the weapon passives. More of a warden thing. On class.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on March 6, 2019 1:37AM
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Take a look:

Crystallized Swords:

Embrace Atmora's Power giving you and nearby allies minor courage for 15 seconds. While active, Applying chilled on an enemy summons an ice sword around you. This can occur once every 3 seconds. You can have up to 3 swords at a time.

At any time after 1 sword is summoned, you can fire the swords to bombard an enemy. The first sword deals 230 frost damage. The second sword deals 330 frost damage. The final sword deals 410 frost damage and up to +150% more damage to targets below 50% health.

(Placeholder numbers.)

Make these swords like the betty, on a timer so we don't have to keep them slotted on both bars.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Seems too interesting for the weapon passives. More of a warden thing. On class.

Yah that's what i mean for the 5 stacks of chilled is for the warden and the 10% crit damage for frost staff passivss.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Take a look:

Crystallized Swords:

(Placeholder numbers.)

Make these swords like the betty, on a timer so we don't have to keep them slotted on both bars.

Yes they act like NBs grim focus. Keeps the swords untill skill runs out or you fire them.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Take a look:

Crystallized Swords:

(Placeholder numbers.)

Yes they act like NBs grim focus. Keeps the swords untill skill runs out or you fire them.

What about the the sheild Morph? It's pretty lack luster and is definitely a net loss defensive wise and nearly useless utilities wise.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Take a look:

Crystallized Swords:

(Placeholder numbers.)

What about the the sheild Morph? It's pretty lack luster and is definitely a net loss defensive wise and nearly useless utilities wise.

It changes crystallized slab. Not shimmering shield. It then becomes a choice between what you want. More damage or more defence. Crystallized Slab isn't worth it at all so reworking it is very beneficial for the class.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Take a look:

Crystallized Swords:

(Placeholder numbers.)

It changes crystallized slab. Not shimmering shield. It then becomes a choice between what you want. More damage or more defence. Crystallized Slab isn't worth it at all so reworking it is very beneficial for the class.

Figured you wise we'll fix both morphs while your working on the skill.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Yah that's what i mean for the 5 stacks of chilled is for the warden and the 10% crit damage for frost staff passivss.

That could work for sure and i like it a lot. We can use your ideas in the frost discord. We always need more people to discuss. The link is in my signature just below. Anyone who likes frost is welcome.

Edit: including a temporary link here.

https://discord.gg/99rUew
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on March 6, 2019 2:11AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Take a look:

Crystallized Swords:

(Placeholder numbers.)

Sorry, could you explain this again? Im a little confused.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Take a look:

Crystallized Swords:

(Placeholder numbers.)

Both morphs of this skill are a net less overall. The defsensive morphs for this skill needs improvement. We also need to keep in mind that no one wants to play a class that has 3+ cool downs to deal in a rotation. The NB class is horrible for that.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

Take a look:

Crystallized Swords:

(Placeholder numbers.)

Both morphs of this skill are a net less overall. The defsensive morphs for this skill needs improvement. We also need to keep in mind that no one wants to play a class that has 3+ cool downs to deal in a rotation. The NB class is horrible for that.

I don't think a suggested buff duration would be near as bad as people would think if it had the correct duration. It could have a longer duration if it would prove to be a problem with the suggested one.

Shimmering shield is a great morph as major heroism is insane ultimate generation. But Crystallized slab nowhere near competes with that as its damage is extremely low and situational. I think shimmering shield is fine and even perhaps a little too strong.