The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

massive deterioration of gameplay quality on PC/EU-server since maintenance (JAN/28)

• visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    no offense @Tandor but your post makes it sound like we´re about 10 people hysterically complaining - just this evening I talked to several other guild leaders who were telling me about experiencing the exact same problems all week and especially this weekend...
    not to mention the general decrease in performance overall...
    I get (as someone stated in another thread) that this issue can be subjective in relation to what a player is used to and what he calls "good perfomance" but still there is a problem and it has to be acknowledged sooner than later!

I'm quite sure that Tandor didn't want to say that. However it's true that many players are affected, but not all - so it may be not a problem with the server, but a problem with the route to the server. If we can't reach the server properly, the performance will be abysmal - but those who have a better route will feel nothing.

Thanks, that's precisely the point.

I'm certainly not saying it's only about 10 people hysterically complaining, but there are only a couple of threads with one or two pages each, and if the server had a major issue then there would be many more threads and many more pages to them because everyone would be affected - as indeed I was the other day when the server had to come down again. That doesn't mean the problem isn't server-side, but it makes it very possible that it's a network routing issue and those affected could usefully provide more information with traceroutes and information on where they're playing and through which ISP etc.

@Tandor 100% disagreement. Your argument because "there are just some threads 1 or 2 pages long" this could not be a serious issue affecting everybody is dead wrong. The better argument is that most ppl dont go to to the forums to complain because they either are not the forum-goes at all or feel that ZOS is ignoring them anyways. The fact that ZOS has not stated ANYTHING on the numerous threads about the broken PC/EU-server proves them 100% right.

I was PVPing in Cyro last night with my PVP guild. We had members from India, UK, Sweden, Spain, central Europe in our group. Very international, very different routes to the EU-server. ALL complained that their skills would not fire, skill bar would not swap, CCs would not brake. Setting up a camp near a keep or outpost during fights proved a struggle of an entirely new quality. It took 10+ seconds for it to activate on the map - usually burning at the time already and being under attack. We wiped 30+ enemy players from Aleswell farm to Aleswell keep, all having disconnected, not moving at all. Its an global problem concerning everybody on PC/EU. If you want to know how bad it is, look at the population bars for Vivec, the biggest PVP campaign. On Sunday, even at primetime it was not poplocked on all 3 factions. A frist since ESO launch in 2014. Ppl stop playing PVP because it is so utterly broken.

Options
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont worry, when a lot of people stop playing the isue will correct itself!
    Options
  • the_other_Alice
    the_other_Alice
    ✭✭✭
    @tandor
    that leaves me with one question - why do you feel the need in this particular thread to state twice that for you everything just works fine? The OP did not start a poll but a thread about the failing of perfomance and mechanics and is longing for answers from ZOS (and so am I)... If your performance (again maybe subjective,maybe lucky, maybe technical) is to your satisfaction why not stay out of this?
    As for the lack of 50 pages of complaints, well people tend to open their own threads over and over so the minimum of players who actually write about these issues scatter them into the winds most of the time instead of sticking to one...others have just given up due to the lack of clear communication...and again that still does not make the problems go away.
    ""I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE. "
    (Terry Pratchett)
    “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
    ( Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass)

"I don't think..."
    "Then you shouldn't talk", said the Hatter.”

(Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland)
    - Gildenleitung Not like the Otters -
    Options
  • lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Main issue is login - character swap and zone change loading screens (for me)

character screen can take so long that it actually times out at the server

Exactly this, switching characters takes ages now...and then says connection is lost or something similar...
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I did vSP with guildies. We got wiped once on first boss because the servers didn't register that we were behind a pillar.
    Then the whole trash before the secind boss didn't spawn (three gargoyles and imps).
    Lastly we could not finish Zaan because the shield didn't shield us. When we got to the shield we would gain then lose the protection of it in intervals of around 0.5 seconds.

RIP PC EU servers
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tandor
    that leaves me with one question - why do you feel the need in this particular thread to state twice that for you everything just works fine? The OP did not start a poll but a thread about the failing of perfomance and mechanics and is longing for answers from ZOS (and so am I)... If your performance (again maybe subjective,maybe lucky, maybe technical) is to your satisfaction why not stay out of this?
    As for the lack of 50 pages of complaints, well people tend to open their own threads over and over so the minimum of players who actually write about these issues scatter them into the winds most of the time instead of sticking to one...others have just given up due to the lack of clear communication...and again that still does not make the problems go away.

Actually, I referred in a couple of posts here to the fact that I had performance issues during the period between the two sets of maintenance last week.

Clearly there are some longstanding issues that do need attention from ZOS including performance in Cyrodiil. However, with things like character swap and zone change loading screens (which were my issues last week) the picture isn't so clear, and very few players are reporting them now compared to last week after the initial maintenance. That suggests to me that ZOS have already done something to address those issues in the second maintenance last week but that it didn't help everyone. It would therefore be worth those players still having the issues giving some detailed information about their circumstances including traceroutes. It may or may not help identify a common cause, but even if it doesn't do so it would at least indicate to ZOS that the problem is wholly at their end still and lead them to investigate further.

Options
  • ohaphazardo
    ohaphazardo
    ✭✭✭
    Plus one.
    Regularly getting 999+ ping making it very, very tedious to do simple things like talk to an NPC for a quest etc.
    Options
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem I can see with removing ESO+.

Catch 22 situation they need the funds to get the go ahead to upgrade servers etc.

If those funds are reduced the powers that control the purse strings will say no to a possible server upgrade.

Not saying anybodies decision on how to react to this is wrong but just pointing out that the desired effect may not be the outcome one expects. It could actually have the opposite effect.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
    Options
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    My experiences with PC EU are the same as for most people in this thread.

Cyrodiil VIVEC is not fun to play. Attacks not or too late registering. Loading screens out of nowhere. Textures on the ground not loading. Stuck in combat so I have to walk loooong distances. Random disconnects. Or just plain server-side lag where everything slows down especially in big fights with lots of players on the screen.

Yesterday I was skyshard hunting in Craglorn and me and some in my guild experienced long loading screens upon entering delves or group delves. Some even lasted for 10 minutes before letting me in. Some even never came through and I had to restart the game. This happened also in Murkmire zone and Vvardenfell.

I hope ZOS will acknowledge these issues and start up a line of communication about it.
    PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.
    Options
  • Topso
    Topso
    ✭✭
    I don't get why you @Tandor come in a thread with people being frustrated out of their mind (I haven't been able to play for a week from the lagg) just to say "well I don't see many posts complaining" if you don't have a problem why are you here? To brag about not having issues?

Currently I have been stuck trying to log in to a character for 4 mins. I don't care if you aren't having issues, I AM. All my friends playing are having the same issues, just because they don't post on the forums doesn't mean they dont exists. Might be hard for you to understand as you seem to live on the forums.
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topso wrote: »
    I don't get why you @Tandor come in a thread with people being frustrated out of their mind (I haven't been able to play for a week from the lagg) just to say "well I don't see many posts complaining" if you don't have a problem why are you here? To brag about not having issues?

Currently I have been stuck trying to log in to a character for 4 mins. I don't care if you aren't having issues, I AM. All my friends playing are having the same issues, just because they don't post on the forums doesn't mean they dont exists. Might be hard for you to understand as you seem to live on the forums.

You seem to misunderstand: the server problem affects many players, but not all of them - so it can't be purely a server problem. It can be a connection problem between the server and the players, which means there are routes which are not affected. Even if many players report it, there must be something common to those who have problems, and something common to those who haven't. For example right now I don't have this issue, but I had something like that before (in ESO and in WoW too), so I'm sure that the problem exists, and it's not entirely ZOS' fault - rather a problem between ISPs.
    Edited by Ydrisselle on February 4, 2019 12:28PM
    Options
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a server problem because guess what? Its fine when less people are online (off peaks).

So yeah, technically those who play off peaks are not affected by these server issues.

I loaded into delve with 6 other players after 20 minutes. Game has extreme issues opening new instances and that affects everyone, just like lag (and everything else) in Cyrodiil.

As i said, when a lot of people quit playing, issues will correct themselves!
    Edited by MikaHR on February 4, 2019 1:02PM
    Options
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone in my five guilds (pvp, pve and trading) are complaining about the same issues. Everyone in Vivec zone chat is complaining about the same issues. Noone reports anymore on the forums because ZOS doesn't even give a reaction.

It's seven days now and nothing is fixed or changed.

Edited by CiNNeR on February 4, 2019 8:49PM
    Options
  • Paganini
    Paganini
    ✭✭✭
    Vivec PC EU unplayable.. the whole evening..
    Options
  • chetter_hummin
    chetter_hummin
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha PC EU yesterday was alsmot not playable. Skills didn t fire, light atack weaves were a joke, weapon swap was a lottery and even roll dodge had delay. And all this happened in a 2v2 encounter, I dont even want to imagine a XvX clash.
    I dont know what is happening but OP is right.
    Options
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had another discussion about it. got buried.
    Options
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    i had another discussion about it. got buried.

That's really sad. We all love the game and like to play it but the fun is getting knocked out this way. Why ZOS is not reacting or even removing complaints I don't know.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i even linked zos people in it mind you. other than few replies from people here in the forums, it died
    Edited by zvavi on February 4, 2019 9:52PM
    Options
  • Topso
    Topso
    ✭✭
    Bump, just got lag after about 10 mins of playtime in an PvE zone (Not primetime) and then disconnected while talking to an NPC. Me and my friend spent money on Eso + and haven't been able to play since maintenance last week. I recommended this game to him and now feel like *** for it being this horrible lagfest. I would really appreciate if we atleast got an statement from Eso regarding this.
    Options
  • LeinadOrarogep
    LeinadOrarogep
    ✭✭✭
    What if we tried reaching out to the press and bloggers?
    Now the ESO argument is hot due to Elsweyr, and some might be interested in making an article along the lines of "Is 2019 the year of ESO's rise to greatness or of its downfall"?
    Things are really that bad that videos of the issues should be easy to obtain, gather in an nice YouTube Playlist and the send with some explanation to the major sites, by addressing the people that usually cover MMO's.
    Options
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's almost zero chance now that they'll acknowledge the issues with PC / EU. That time has come and gone. If you check out the Community Manager & Designer replies to threads in 2018 you'll see that it takes on average 2-4 months for a reply to come through (Unless it's a Crown Store/Crown Crate issue).

And on 50% of those threads it's Gina saying "Thanks guys we'll get this into next week's patch".
    Then a bunch of user replies saying either "When is this getting implemented" or "This is still broken".

giphy.gif
    Edited by Kilnerdyne on February 5, 2019 3:05PM
    Options
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have now completely stopped playing the game, it's just a horrid experience. At one point last night, I was in Rift just trying to give someone a WW bite, and lag was 999+.

ZOS do not care about the player experience, this is the final evidence of that, if it were needed.

I am so glad I did not pre-purchase Elswyr, but I would suggest anyone in the EU who has, does have very good grounds for a refund due to non-performance of digital content, which is something no-EULA can get around. Thankfully the EU has the best consumer protection laws in the world, for those stuck on a subscription, now is the time to use them.

e.g., for those in the UK (which enacts the EU wide directives on consumer protection, so is just one instantiation of those EU-wide directives):

"The Consumer Rights Act defines digital content as ‘data which are produced and supplied in digital form’.

This means you have rights in relation to anything you download or stream, including apps, ebooks, films, games or music.

Digital content must be:

Of satisfactory quality
    Fit for a particular purpose
    As described by the seller.

If your digital content does not meet these criteria and develops a fault, you have the right to have your digital product repaired or replaced [or refunded]."
    Edited by FlyingSwan on February 5, 2019 6:14PM
    Options
  • heribertus
    heribertus
    ✭✭
    As long as the Crownstore works ZOS doesn't see a problem.
    Options
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    And again.. 5 out of 10 group delves in Craglorn I can't get in. All these stupid loading screens! Can someone please fix this. It is really annoying.

Yes.. PC EU
    PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even just get in the game. After character select i have a 10+ minutes loading screen of Glenumbra and i gave up.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • mermaid
    mermaid
    ✭✭
    10 minute log in screens to solo dungeons and delves and 1000+ pings EU server
    Options
  • Mercanis
    Mercanis
    ✭✭
    Echoing lots of concerns again here. Longest wait was to get to my house, but other than that, all my load screens are waayyyyy longer than they were pre-maintenance. It also crashes about every hour. Sometimes twice in a row.
    Edited by Mercanis on February 5, 2019 7:37PM
    Options
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily update, just so ZOS doesn't think the servers are alright: The servers are still ***.
    Options