The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

massive deterioration of gameplay quality on PC/EU-server since maintenance (JAN/28)

• Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mates come here and decide about this thread and problem with EU SERVER make zos see

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459831/pc-eu-quality-poll-only-for-eu-players#latest
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil and BGs have been unplayable for me since the latest patch and before that Cyrodiil was border-lining unplayable.
    I dont understand, 1080Ti + 7700k installed on an ssd its not even funny anymore, I barely touch PVE anymore trials are a gamble if you even get past the load screen and if you do its just constant disconnects and lag to unplayable levels.
    Dungeon queue is often 30-40 minutes + if you dont get the infinite "declined invite" bug, the "instance is full" bug, an infinite load screen as you enter and so on.
    PvP is just beyond broken you press the key and nothing happens the resource goes but you never cast, you bar swap and nothing happens then 3 seconds later you swap bars several times in a row, other abilities go off seconds after you cast them and some just dont cast at all even after several presses of the key.
    My ESO+ sub ran out today and tbh I'm not renewing for the first time in years. The game actually gets WORSE over time, there are bugs from YEARS ago now that don't even get acknowledged, no dev comments, no forum activity or whatever and they decide out of nowhere to nerf classes randomly, mess with races, add MORE F***ING RESKINS to the god damn cash store.
    I am honestly on the edge right now of just quitting, which makes me so sad, I've had so much fun on this game and it just gets ruined over and over again by the pure incompetence of the ZO$ team.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think things will get better. I dont think they know how to do a lot of things. It's taken them 5 years to do stuff that the mod creaters did in a month. They rely on other people to fix the game for them.

The game was fun and had soooooooo much potential but these people are not able to fix anything. Well unless the crown store that runs excellent, never a problem.
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's friday and the EU servers are 100% borked again. There is no need to list all the things that don't work because it would be longer than the list of things actually working. I'm getting tired of your crap, ZOS.
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel for people on the EU server. I have one EU character and I never played him too much, but damn, even when I was logging in for my daily writs it became unbearable. The main question Zo$ will want to know, can you access the crown store ok?
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and whoever has something to say at this company:

For a first hand impression: Take your EU characters to Sotha campaign now and experience how awful the servers are. It's not even funny anymore. I'm swinging my weapons in the air, not hitting anything right in front of me. Breaking free is a loop of animations with NOT A SINGLE effect for 5 seconds. I press skills, see the animation, hear the sound, but they do NOTHING AT ALL. Can you please feed your damn hamsters for once?
    Edited by DJfriede on February 24, 2019 8:07AM
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played all week as been away with no Internet. But tried tonight and PC-EU is still unplayable for me, just a horrid experience. I have not subbed since Morrowind and I did not pre-purchase Elswyr, but for those who have, the issues seem significant enough to get refunds on ESO+ and content, according to this leaflet writtenby the UK government: https://www.businesscompanion.info/sites/default/files/CRA-Digital-Content-Guidance-for-Business-Sep-2015.pdf

They define when digital content is defective:

"The quality of the digital content will always include its state and condition. Other aspects of quality that may be relevant to determining whether the digital content is satisfactory include, but are not limited to:
    - fitness for all the purposes for which the type of digital content in question is usually supplied
    - freedom from minor defects
    - durability (for example, the lifespan of the digital content)"

'Freedom from minor defects', we are still waiting for ESO to be free from major defects, and it's clearly not fit for the purpose such content is usually supplied, i.e. playing online.

Remember, these laws are the same EU-wide.
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now that we got over the euphoria over two new dungeons: PC EU is still a mess and the lag is at least as apparent as it has been before.
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GAME IS *** UNPLAYABLE ON PC/EU SOTHA, FIX YOUR *** GAME ZOS!!!
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Gazelle
    Gazelle
    Since update 21 I am noticing that I sometimes have a huge lag spike such that I have to quit the game. I never had this before this update. Is this in the same line as what you are all talking about in this topic? So it is "normal" ?
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's about time that we leave this game be, guys, it is just never going to happen.
    Maybe it's time to move on to something else.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Put a load of salt down & let the slug decompose

Buy a new hamster in it's place...

60ms to 400ms and back is not a stable server and therea no signs that is is anywhere else on-route
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the performance has increased for some of us.
    Master Debater
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General update six weeks after the 'patch of horrors':
    * Throughout February, general performance has been relatively stable, although less reliable than before 01/28. In general, you see more disconnects when ppl port into dungeons, and group dungeons have a higher tendency to bug out.
    * Cyrodiil is a permanently deteriorated state compared to before 01/28 - ping is on average 50-100 higher than before patch, skills often freeze or gray out (sometime the whole skillbar, sometimes only part of it)
    * I never had disconnects during big battles before 01/28, now I have them - rarely but painfully
    * Several guildies are suffering much worse, reporting unplayable lag and considering leaving the game permanently.
    * Everybody of my ESO friends has reduced PVP activity due to the miserable performance. My PVP guild is suffering badly from so many PVPers giving up on the game.

PVP-update after wrathstone patch:
    First weekend in Cyro, and I have never seen anything as terrible as this. I have been PVPing a bit during the week when the server rarely was full, and the game seemed less reliable and responsive than before. Especially the number of random loading screens while moving anywhere in Cyrodiil seems to have trippled. Today (Saturday) server-hell totally broke loose:
    * Even with low ping, skills are non-responsive 30% of the time, even when only running solo and fighting small groups.
    * Skillbars totally or partially grey out in the middle of a fight, making it impossible to do anything apart from light attacking, dodge rolling and dying. (Sometimes but not always, this bug can be fixed by performing an block-interrupt in empty air.)
    * Sorc-pets have a 15% chance of immortality because the server assigns them no hitbox
    * Siege targeting areas are not displayed in 30% of all cases. Combined with the utterly broken damage of all fire and cold fire sieges, this makes attacking any outpost or keep pure horror. You set up a siege, something red or blue impacts all a sudden beside you (no red warning circle beforehand) and you drop dead. When the ballista bolt is blue, not even the healing and purging of a full group can rescue you, because there is a lovely new exploit that increases the damage of coldharbor ballistas to 44k damage PER TICK (despite battle spirit)
    * DK leap is doing double damage far beyond the hitbox - you can stand 5 meters beside the impact of the jump and still be hit with twice as much damage as before the patch
    * Potions have a 70% chance of actually NOT activating during a fight. You will get the audio ping signalling that you drank a potion, but nothing will happen and the potion will not be consumed. This is an old (and regularily reported) bug, but now its even more frequently happening than before.

... I'm pretty sure this is not all that should or could be reported on the sorry state of the game, but it's a good place to start for any dev who still cares about ESO.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First weekend in Cyro, and I have never seen anything as terrible as this. I have been PVPing a bit during the week when the server rarely was full, and the game seemed less reliable and responsive than before. Especially the number of random loading screens while moving anywhere in Cyrodiil seems to have trippled. Today (Saturday) server-hell totally broke loose:
    * Even with low ping, skills are non-responsive 30% of the time, even when only running solo and fighting small groups.
    * Skillbars totally or partially grey out in the middle of a fight, making it impossible to do anything apart from light attacking, dodge rolling and dying. (Sometimes but not always, this bug can be fixed by performing an block-interrupt in empty air.)
    * Sorc-pets have a 15% chance of immortality because the server assigns them no hitbox
    * Siege targeting areas are not displayed in 30% of all cases. Combined with the utterly broken damage of all fire and cold fire sieges, this makes attacking any outpost or keep pure horror. You set up a siege, something red or blue impacts all a sudden beside you (no red warning circle beforehand) and you drop dead. When the ballista bolt is blue, not even the healing and purging of a full group can rescue you, because there is a lovely new exploit that increases the damage of coldharbor ballistas to 44k damage PER TICK (despite battle spirit)
    * DK leap is doing double damage far beyond the hitbox - you can stand 5 meters beside the impact of the jump and still be hit with twice as much damage as before the patch
    * Potions have a 70% chance of actually NOT activating during a fight. You will get the audio ping signalling that you drank a potion, but nothing will happen and the potion will not be consumed. This is an old (and regularily reported) bug, but now its even more frequently happening than before.

... I'm pretty sure this is not all that should or could be reported on the sorry state of the game, but it's a good place to start for any dev who still cares about ESO.

Basically all of this. Additionally I've noticed my ultimates (primarily dawnbreaker) disappearing into the void. I press the button and it's just gone, along with all my accumulated ultimate.
    Edited by Alucardo on March 2, 2019 6:01PM
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank god I thought that It was just me...
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mentioned in another thread, I left a very good trade guild this morning, and uninstalled so I was not tempted to login.

Reasons were just poor performance this year, recent bar swap bug, also was doing a geyser in summerset last night, halfway through the game froze then instant wipe for me, revived froze then wiped again, happened 3 times in a row, ping went from 56 up to 450 + so decided its not the most relaxing time to be playing, maybe later.
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Throughout February, general performance has been relatively stable, although less reliable than before 01/28. In general, you see more disconnects when ppl port into dungeons, and group dungeons have a higher tendency to bug out.
    * Cyrodiil is a permanently deteriorated state compared to before 01/28 - ping is on average 50-100 higher than before patch, skills often freeze or gray out (sometime the whole skillbar, sometimes only part of it)
    * I never had disconnects during big battles before 01/28, now I have them - rarely but painfully
    * Several guildies are suffering much worse, reporting unplayable lag and considering leaving the game permanently.
    * Everybody of my ESO friends has reduced PVP activity due to the miserable performance. My PVP guild is suffering badly from so many PVPers giving up on the game.

I can confirm all of it.

Also I wanna stress the point mentioned above: I myself and several other members of my PvP guild have significantly reduced their PvP time. It's just no fun anymore when you fight against the server and not other players. The talk about leaving the game has become more serious in my guilds.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make fake promises about performance fixes. Check.

Purposedly announcing fixes for at the end of the year, abusing the trust of loyal customers to sell all expansions during this calendar. Check.

Community management yells: „Dragoons, Nicromancers, AWZUM!“ But otherwise totally neglects responsibility of its position. Check.

Live streams where the devs crutch on their own balance breaking mechanics, but subliminally complain about the said. Check.

Profanity during live stream and trailers to look more humane, instead of the profit robots they are. Check.

Offensively neglect European/Oceanic quality of service. Check.
  • Squeaky_Clean
    Squeaky_Clean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, unfortunately the same problems after that dooms-day maintenance on Jan. 29th still exit.

I didn't renew my sub (ESO+) last week, decided to play significantly less until problems are fixed.
  • Shady_Knights
    Shady_Knights
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on NA and having huge drops in performance since this patch. Four PC's at my house with ESO on them, all four impacted.

Is it my ISP, is it my network? Nope it is not. There's nothing wrong with the network. This is server side issues. I can logon at off peak times okay, but during peak getting 999+ ping, in any areas where other players are. I can fight a world boss, but if a large group of players come, ping goes up to 999+ and I get kicked.

Adding items into guild bank takes 15+ seconds if it works at all.

This is all response time back from the server. This was not an issue until the Jan 28 patch and it's persisting still.

FYI - I've played off and on since BETA.

Understand a lot of people aren't getting these issues. My guess is that higher ping connections are the ones that are suffering from these bottlenecks.
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itsfine.png
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Grollok76
    Grollok76
    ✭✭✭✭

If you still think such a person exists, you haven't been paying attention ;)

• DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU is dead, crushed by lag. Skills are not working, endless loadscreens. Guess it's just the normal server state which ZOS has accepted. #secondclasscustomers
    Edited by DJfriede on March 31, 2019 7:18PM
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    Took me three hours to complete Auridon Jester daily today - I kept getting 'server connection timed out' and other similar stuff.

Followed by 3 to 5 minutes loading screens(with some of infinite ones thrown in the mix, where I had to restart the game client).

Log in, walk ten steps towards objective, freeze, get kicked out to login screen. Log in, load, walk a bit more towards objective. Rinse-repeat. Oh, and also wait forever on NPCs to load.

If they cannot feed their hamsters, can they at least make NPCs load before other players? Waiting for 10+ minutes on quest-giver or banker to load while all the players, their mounts and their pets load around the NPC you need is no fun at all.

All while my connection was 100% stable, and I could watch Netflix and youtube with no stuttering and post on forums during all the loading times.
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    And here we go again. 20 min loading into Alinor, and the second I finally got in game, I got kicked out for inactivity. Apparently loading screen times count into the timer.

And now it's been 10 mins for another login attempt.

Nothing to do but being salty on forums.

Couple of hours ago the game was just unstable and kept logging me out, but loading was within 'new tolerable', aka 3 to 5 minutes.

But then, same time as yesterday, the game just won't load.
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily reminder: PC EU is still ***. Massive skill delay in Cyro. Kills out of nowhere. Skills not going off.
    Edited by DJfriede on April 2, 2019 8:21PM
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left Cyrodiil yesterday totally frustrated after 1vs1ing another player for more than 10 minutes and never being able to activate more than two skills in a row. Couldnt even count the number of times the guy was in execute range and my execute decided that it was not operational for the next 20 seconds.

Cyrodiil is in a ridiculous state ever since the server downgrade at Jan/28, fighting is just RNG because the server reacts completely randomly to input - or not ast all. NPCs rubberband around ressources like mad wizards on flying carpets, gates dont open at 0% health, walls dont close at 100% health, skills are non-responsive for several seconds a time. This is completely bs.

Two days ago we lost a ram which was rolling through the gate at 0% health but we couldnt follow becaue the gate remained closed. It took 2 more MINUTES of sieging to open the gate for players instead of just the equipment. Hilarious.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guild Store - "could not request", is now far more common than a page of results
    Guild Bank - "waiting for previous request", for 4 mins, is now the norm
    log out to change character - bye bye, server no longer connected to the internet (an yes it's the server not the client or it's route)

and general skills not firing until you've mashed the button 10 or 20 times, is no longer uncommon.
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any issue since they patch the problem month ago.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]