Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

Dear Zenimax, What are you not telling us about EU servers problem?

amir412
amir412
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the last maintenance me and many of other players experience an insane increased lag, and it doesn't matter what ur geographical location, Some of them are from germany.
People living in Germany has insane ping issues they never had before 29/January.
Don't get me wrong, ESO always had a bad performance issues related to lag but after the last maintenance the game is just not playable.

I have 150-180 ping on PVE land on low populated areas, 150-300 ping on Vivec when Cyrodiil isn't pop locked and im standing at the base doing nothing.
Cant even play the game properly, it was pain with the lag before but its now just absurd.
I'm fine with the game lagging on prime time, but what happend after the maintenance that it feels like the game performance's function on prime time pop even when its not?

@ZOS_GinaBruno Shed some light please,
Its either you reduce EU server's resources, or EU server share the PTS environment?

Edit:
If any of EU players experience this, please share bellow.

Edited by amir412 on February 3, 2019 10:57AM
PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
"..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk what are people talking about. I honestly don't. I've been in Germany for a couple weeks now and my latency is 80-100 from Hamburg.

Before that I was in Czech Republic and it varied between 95-120 from Prague.

Skills fire instantly and there's barely any noticeable delay. Then again I solo and small-scale in PvP.

This was on a crappy hotel wifi too.

:/ I hope your issues get resolved.
    Edited by Nyladreas on February 3, 2019 11:01AM
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laq is very bad but for me it has always been
    Edited by Morgul667 on February 3, 2019 10:59AM
    Options
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's prime time.
    EU server works the worst at prime time.

US is just fine contrary.
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
    Options
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »
    It's prime time.

Actually I had huge problems playing on US when I was in Canada. 200ms on average and lag spikes on daily basis. Very odd.

Could performance vary from user to user? :anguished:
    Options
  • ignorance
    ignorance
    one of my guildmates who lives in germany have higher latency on the EU servers than on the NA servers, personally I have less lag on the NA then on the EU even tho my latency is lower on EU, but loading times are 3 times that of the NA servers, which I dont get, iam no expert but I does seem that something aren't working properly.
    also I do not understand why maintenance seems to make some problems go away and others to start a new.
    Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because its not a problem its a new normal state of the game. wait till a new chapter and you will remember current issues as the old good days.
    Options
  • EC_Rob
    EC_Rob
    ✭✭✭
    ignorance wrote: »
    one of my guildmates who lives in germany have higher latency on the EU servers than on the NA servers, personally I have less lag on the NA then on the EU even tho my latency is lower on EU, but loading times are 3 times that of the NA servers, which I dont get, iam no expert but I does seem that something aren't working properly.
    also I do not understand why maintenance seems to make some problems go away and others to start a new.

I live in The Netherlands and not even 400km away from Frankfurt (where I think the server is located) and I have a better time playing pvp on NA and PTS than I have playing on EU server..... There is something bad going on, and its not a great thing. :(

With regards,
    @EC_Rob
    GM of Nirn Traders (PC-EU)
    GM of Aetherius Trade (PC-EU)
    GM of Sovngarde Traders (PC-EU)

Keep it causal, enjoy your games.
    Kill in good spirit, die in good spirit.

Magicka Templar since 2014. Breton master race forever.
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ignorance wrote: »

Funny, and ure not the only one i've heard that have better exp in NA than EU, while EU is their main server.

Options
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU is fine, perhaps finding another location to play ESO other than a McDonald's?
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have seen a drastic increase in loading times and infinite loading screens when transfering areas or in the guild store
    Options
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am playing from Australia, using VPN. Usually, my ping is between 360-450. Still playable. Rough but playable. Since last maintenance, 500 - 999+ is what I get 40% of the time. Followed by disconnection which requires several attempts to log in before I am successful. Not sure what is going on with EU server but hopefully it will get fixed sooner than later.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
    Options
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite having a 200ms ping in NA servers, the game feels A LOT (and i mean A - L-O-T) more responsive in terms of skills' registering . Which makes me wonder, why not having more or less the same in the respective EU ones, where i can have ~80-120 (sometimes when facing a zerg 150-160 ping) since only in the worst case scenario I am sitting around -50ms less than the American one...

In other words, seems to me to be clearly a matter of hardware on their end and EU servers specifically.
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU is fine, perhaps finding another location to play ESO other than a McDonald's?
    @Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Some people don't wont to migrate other country just so they can play ESO without lag,
    These people does not have these huge problems on any other game on their EU servers.
    So its clearly a problem related to ESO and not client side.

Your comment doesn't even relevant, the topic is about the increase of lag after the last maintenance.
    Edited by amir412 on February 3, 2019 4:50PM

Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    @Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Some people don't wont to migrate other country just so they can play ESO without lag,
    These people does not have these hugh problems on any other game on their EU servers.

Not just the EU servers of other games , but their US and even Korean ones too...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EllieBlue wrote: »
    I am playing from Australia, using VPN. Usually, my ping is between 360-450. Still playable. Rough but playable. Since last maintenance, 500 - 999+ is what I get 40% of the time. Followed by disconnection which requires several attempts to log in before I am successful. Not sure what is going on with EU server but hopefully it will get fixed sooner than later.

So it seems that players that not living near the server got hit the most, interesting.
    KoultouraS wrote: »
    Despite having a 200ms ping in NA servers, the game feels A LOT (and i mean A - L-O-T) more responsive in terms of skills' registering . Which makes me wonder, why not having more or less the same in the respective EU ones, where i can have ~80-120 (sometimes when facing a zerg 150-160 ping) since only in the worst case scenario I am sitting around -50ms less than the American one...

In other words, seems to me to be clearly a matter of hardware on their end and EU servers specifically.

When u say more responsive u talk about PVE or PVP?

Options
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @amir412 I am talking about PvP where the ping problem is actually killing the game and its potential .
    Options
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm having significantly longer loading times than before, and sometimes I get disconnects when switching between characters.
    It's not awful, but it is certainly noticeable.
    Options
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm everybody in my guild experiences this too. That includes people from the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Sweden and England.Since the 28th of January, when the server was down a whole day for patch and maintenance, performance and ping has been complete crap.

Server went down again for emergency maintenance on the 30th.

I think they're either sapping resources from the EU server for the PTS or the EU server is dying and they're not choosing to pay for a better installation.

I and many guildies have cancelled ESO+ because we will not pay a cent for this kind of horrible service.
    Options
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they are busy with adding new pets to the crown store for casuals and rp players. They dont care about servers especially EU.
    Edited by DarkPicture on February 3, 2019 12:14PM
    Options
  • GC0
    GC0
    ✭✭✭
    Well after that maintenance I started getting
    1) more loading screens
    2) slightly more lag everywhere
    3) sometimes skills don't fire properly e.g. when trying to cancel LA+Heroic+Bash too fast.
    4) more bar desyncs (when your weapon goes to the other bar e. g. 2h battle axe being held like a snb weapon while the snb is held like a 2h on the supposed 2h bar)
    5) there's seriously something going on with bars & lag
    Edited by GC0 on February 3, 2019 12:15PM
    PC - EU
    CP 1200+
    Greenkoma - EP Grand Overlord Grade 2 (50) Stamina Templar
    Greencoma - DC Grand Overlord Grade 2 (50) Stamina Dragonknight
    Komahh - EP Colonel Grade 1 (25) Stamina Sorcerer

I swear I'm not a tank :^)
    Options
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also noticed my latency increased a bit since the last maintenance and the game feels slower overall. Opening menus and guild stores is alot slower than before, even inviting players or leaving a group takes a little longer.

Loading screens takes double the time than before for me and I haven't changed or installed anything new on my pc.

Something feels different on the server (for the worse) and I have also cancelled my ESO+ because this company doesn't want to aknowledge these problems and we got no explanation or apology from last week's maintenance mess.
    Options
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    These people does not have these hugh problems on any other game on their EU servers.

Your comment doesn't even relevant, the topic is about the increase of lag after the last maintenance.

It is almost like you think you connect directly to the servers without going through multiple hops of different ISPs that run traffic shaping procedures. Before you say "it was fine before the maintenance" bear in mind on more than one occasion WoW had the same problem with Telia.net just after a patch.

It is still up to ZOS to deal with it if it is this but not everyone in the EU is having the problem, I have a steady 80-100ms to the EU servers even at prime time.
    Options
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    My ping in cyro is 200 - 300. I dont live in another Galaxy but feel so.
    Options
  • SwampDrainerGoat
    SwampDrainerGoat
    ✭✭✭
    When it comes to anything performance/server related......

LRpaI1p.jpg
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »
    It's prime time.

Playing on both EU and US servers from the UK, the only time I've noticed any difference between them recently was last Monday between the two maintenance sessions. That aside, playing overland and delves/dolmens with lots of zoning including to and from various houses, I find both servers' performance rock-solid.

I suspect there's something going on with the network routing, hence some players are affected while most aren't. Those affected need to start a topic with some detailed specs and traceroutes so they can see if there's a common cause. It would also be worth testing add-ons, it's perfectly possible that a particular addon has compatibility issues with whatever was done in this last week's maintenance. Also check your ISP's forums to see if there's any common problem being experienced there. If it was simply the server then every single player would be affected.
    Options
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    yesterday it was like having 3 sec delay to everything. I havent seen cyro like this before.
    People that say they got no problems must be playing over midnight where its only them and 1 more player....
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Bugs Online roadmap:
    2017: Someone declined
    2018: Someone declined + 7 minutes loading screens
    2019: Someone declined + 7 minutes loading screens + unable to queue at this time
    :trollface:
    Edited by mocap on February 3, 2019 7:36PM
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s like, same rotation everyday after work.
    1. Login
    2. Queue for cyro
    3. Play 5 minutes, then you ask yourself what you’re doing with your life, and what you did that you deserve to suffer like that
    4. Go pve land
    5. Queue for BGS
    6. Get into a match with 2 premades and your team has 3 total players, 2 of them using green gear of random stuff they got from Prophet main quest
    7. Die to werewolves dual wields and perma snares
    8. Call it for the day
    9. Try duels
    10. Now you lag on duels, great

10/10 game

Options
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today is one of those days... I yearn the day ESO will get menopause...
    Options
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s like, same rotation everyday after work.
    1. Login
    2. Queue for cyro
    3. Play 5 minutes, then you ask yourself what you’re doing with your life, and what you did that you deserve to suffer like that
    4. Go pve land
    5. Queue for BGS
    6. Get into a match with 2 premades and your team has 3 total players, 2 of them using green gear of random stuff they got from Prophet main quest
    7. Die to werewolves dual wields and perma snares
    8. Call it for the day
    9. Try duels
    10. Now you lag on duels, great

10/10 game

Did laugh way too hard for this. But its funny only because its true. Well.. not that funny, more like sad, but yeah.

All got worse after last maintenance (when pts started too). Big lag, disconnects, all sorts of of issues, nearly unplayable often, even pve areas lag a lot. Opening guild traders is slow. Everything is slow. So say all i know. So you are not alone with this problem.
    Options