The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

massive deterioration of gameplay quality on PC/EU-server since maintenance (JAN/28)

• visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    two more updates from tonights Cyrodiil (PC/EU, the malfunctioning server)

* NPCs behave erratically on occasion, obviously the server cannot handle the calculations about their position properly anymore, melee damage and stuns are often activated from a 15+ meters distance; often its impossible ot target them - even the NPCS as ressource flags which dont move at all
    * had a phantastic case where for 15 seconds none of my skills acitvated at all, including a potion (in the middle of a high intensity fight), by pure miracle I survived and after 15 seconds all activated skills fired all at once, including the potion - have never seen such a burst of streak/shield/damage/healing/killing
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. It really takes the fun out of the game at the moment. Don't know what happend but the performance is clearly a lot worse than before monday.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha pc eu atm, just standing in the middle of nowhere and I have 150 ms. And of course there is no chance of landing a skill succesfully in a fight. An enemy dk leaped me earlier, I got away and a few seconds later I got the cc and dmg from the leap. It's worse than what I see from console players.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An enemy dk leaped me earlier, I got away and a few seconds later I got the cc and dmg from the leap. It's worse than what I see from console players.

Oh, yes I've seen that a lot tonight, also happens with meteors. Impact comes, you block, roll dodge to the side after the hit - and then comes the real invisible impact and you take full damage. Negates also seem to silence you for 3-5 more seconds after running out.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The strangest thing is that even though game reports having for example 170ms ping, it feels like 1000ms. Players are literally teleporting from place to place, skills are unusable, light attacks are unusable. The game is unplayable.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try playing on a Mac - the client crashes every 30 minutes.

I love the game, but quality control are two words that ZOS have never heard of.

But then none of their team ever play on the EU servers
  • ynimma
    ynimma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I can only agree with all this - it's quite disheartening how ZOS literally ignores the EU playerbase and leaves us with "not fit for purpose" server qualities.
    Even in PVE the lag spikes are terrible, there's a heap of desync in some aspects of the game, I can't even enter to my house instance in less than 5 minutes, Cyro is a stuttering movie with random effects and happenings in which I have not much control over.
    All this topped up with the memory leak issues some graphical features causing I really am thinking that the game engine as well as ZOS's willingness to improve basic and fundamental issues has come to an end.

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the maintenance i suffer from high ping aswell, reached to a point that i cannot play neither pvp or pve, heck its even lagging in duels.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please say something about this.
    Edited by amir412 on February 2, 2019 11:06AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in at ~8pm cet yesterday and went to Sotha PC/EU
    300 ping at the gates. Went to the first fight 500+ ping. Couldn't use ANY skills not even light attacks worked.
    Logged back off after like 15 minutes. 100% unplayable not gonna waste my time trying to play in that lag :unamused:
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    they dont give a flying *** - play the game or dont. they dont care
    I need TP for my ***!
  • Topso
    Topso
    ✭✭
    Can we get any feedback on what they are going to do about it? Its unplayable for me since patch. Can we get some response?!
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Just took five minutes loading screen to get into a delve. My husband took about ten minutes to get in a random dungeon. Structures are blurred all over the place. Had to abandom a daily in Murkmire because it didn't work. Etc etc.

Can ZOS at least tell us they are looking into it or something?
  • the_other_Alice
    the_other_Alice
    ✭✭✭
    downward spiral of the weekend happened again - massive lags - horrible pings - unable to queue notifications en masse - groupfinder buggy as hell once more (more than usual - 3 times it sent some group members to the battleground and left others standing at the pve zone) - several disconnects this evening - chat lags - etc you name it
    Edited by the_other_Alice on February 3, 2019 6:55PM
    ""I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE. "
    (Terry Pratchett)
    “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
    ( Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass)

"I don't think..."
    "Then you shouldn't talk", said the Hatter.”

(Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland)
    - Gildenleitung Not like the Otters -
  • Mercanis
    Mercanis
    ✭✭
    I'm glad it's not just me. The load screens and crashes are no fun :(
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's strange how this is only affecting some players, as server issues will generally affect everyone. Take delves, for example, some are reporting long loading times, as indeed I had during the lull between the two maintenance sessions on Monday, but since then I've done several delves without any problem - and others have been there too and either entered or exited at the same time without difficulty. In fact, the period on Monday is pretty well the only time I've had overland/delve performance issues in 5 years, and since then PC EU has been running normally for me.
  • the_other_Alice
    the_other_Alice
    ✭✭✭
    no offense @Tandor but your post makes it sound like we´re about 10 people hysterically complaining - just this evening I talked to several other guild leaders who were telling me about experiencing the exact same problems all week and especially this weekend...
    not to mention the general decrease in performance overall...
    I get (as someone stated in another thread) that this issue can be subjective in relation to what a player is used to and what he calls "good perfomance" but still there is a problem and it has to be acknowledged sooner than later!
    ""I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    (Terry Pratchett)
    “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

"I don't think..."

• Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no offense @Tandor but your post makes it sound like we´re about 10 people hysterically complaining - just this evening I talked to several other guild leaders who were telling me about experiencing the exact same problems all week and especially this weekend...

Unfortunately the strategy when companies are faced with negative press is: Downplay, Deny, Ignore. We're in the 'it only affects 1% of the population' stage at the moment, moving on soon to 'what issues' and then 'ESO? never heard of it'.

• KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope that this is caused by the fact they are slowly migrating the IC and stuff into the new servers they promised, and that this needs somehow a trial and failure procedure. That eventually might also influence Pvp EU servers.
    I just hope...
  • the_other_Alice
    the_other_Alice
    ✭✭✭
    sadly true @Kilnerdyne but additionally I´m really tired of players jumping from thread to thread to tell everybody everything´s just fine, while the rest of us is trying to tell ZOS that besides the overall still existent love for this game more and more players get frustrated and dissapointed...
    (Terry Pratchett)

"I don't think..."

• Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I saw this because I thought it was just me.

Performance seems bad, while some loading screens never end. Though part of me refuses to close the game just to see if it will at some point load.
  • Devlin69
    Devlin69
    ✭✭✭
    The problems for me are bugged queue system for dungeons AND bg also penalties for bugged BG is extreamly annoying for something that is out of my control.

It's like not letting me play what I am paying for and giving me a slap in the face for good measure.

Had enough boycotting paying for ANYTHING until its fixed.
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    +1
    it has always been bad , but this is on completely new level.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    terrannova wrote: »
    +1
    it has always been bad , but this is on completely new level.

Aye it's ridiculous.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Things been slow on PS4 EU today also - and we had mammoth maintenance last time. So don’t know if it is the EU servers as a whole?
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadly true @Kilnerdyne but additionally I´m really tired of players jumping from thread to thread to tell everybody everything´s just fine, while the rest of us is trying to tell ZOS that besides the overall still existent love for this game more and more players get frustrated and dissapointed...

It's hard to work out who is most annoying; the white knights who flit about, passively aggressively patronising people who have issues, 'well *I* am OK so it must be you', or the ZOS forum drones, whose sole communication with the player-base consists of typing, "we removed a few posts against our forum rules", while the game dies in a ditch.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get (as someone stated in another thread) that this issue can be subjective in relation to what a player is used to and what he calls "good perfomance" but still there is a problem and it has to be acknowledged sooner than later!

I'm quite sure that Tandor didn't want to say that. However it's true that many players are affected, but not all - so it may be not a problem with the server, but a problem with the route to the server. If we can't reach the server properly, the performance will be abysmal - but those who have a better route will feel nothing.
  • Squeaky_Clean
    Squeaky_Clean
    ✭✭✭✭
    The additional maintenance of the EU PC servers on Tuesday after the very lengthy maintenance on Monday didn't really help that much .. in Cyrodiil (Vivec EU-PC) it has become really, really bad in terms of playability, in particular:
    • Forward Camps show up on the map much later than to be expected. They only show up at least around 10-15 seconds after they have been setup.
    • Fully repaired doors in keeps are shown still as open.
    • Can't barswap if there's more than couple of enemies around.
    • Can't use AoE Skills (e.g. Blockade of Elements) if there's more than couple of enemies around.
    • Can't use skills if there's more than couple of enemies around.
    • Took me three tries to setup a simple oil on the ground.
    • Constantly in combat, even though I haven't seen an enemy for minutes.
    Fix the EU servers, for god sake!! The last software maintenance (whatever it was) has made the EU server performance significantly worse.
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm everything above.

Performance is still at an all time low in every regard: Skill delay (or not firing at all), light attacks not connecting, not being able to break free, desync of visual and actual affects (worse than before), doors not shwoing up as destroyed, immovability pots being broken (you still get stunned right after activation) etc...

And again: It is not the usual crap performance, it actually got worse after the maintenance.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

I'm quite sure that Tandor didn't want to say that. However it's true that many players are affected, but not all - so it may be not a problem with the server, but a problem with the route to the server. If we can't reach the server properly, the performance will be abysmal - but those who have a better route will feel nothing.

Thanks, that's precisely the point.

I'm certainly not saying it's only about 10 people hysterically complaining, but there are only a couple of threads with one or two pages each, and if the server had a major issue then there would be many more threads and many more pages to them because everyone would be affected - as indeed I was the other day when the server had to come down again. That doesn't mean the problem isn't server-side, but it makes it very possible that it's a network routing issue and those affected could usefully provide more information with traceroutes and information on where they're playing and through which ISP etc.
  • Devlin69
    Devlin69
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Thanks, that's precisely the point.

I'm certainly not saying it's only about 10 people hysterically complaining, but there are only a couple of threads with one or two pages each, and if the server had a major issue then there would be many more threads and many more pages to them because everyone would be affected - as indeed I was the other day when the server had to come down again. That doesn't mean the problem isn't server-side, but it makes it very possible that it's a network routing issue and those affected could usefully provide more information with traceroutes and information on where they're playing and through which ISP etc.

My performance is fine out of Cyrodiil but as soon as I go there the lag starts. This indicates to me that it's the server for that area.

Also My main issue is with the queuing system. It's just insane that a system that is supposed to connect you to content is so broken that it ends up excluding you from that content.

I mean it's stopping people from entering ALL BG and ALL dungeons! The only way you can get to a dungeon is walk there with a full group and play this way and exclude yourself from the daily reward for doing that content.

And the BG.... There is no other access