Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Don't Nerf curse eater

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    And you pay for that with one of you two 5-piece set bonuses. You sacrifice half your 5-piece bonuses for something that will help you very little as soon as you are attacked by more than one enemy. Its only useful in duels, and then only against builds that only apply a few debuffs. Face a low slash build that applies maim+snare every second, along with siphoner and possibly 2x DOT poison, and suddenly removing one debuff per second isn't all that hot. I should know, i once replaced extended ritual with ritual of retribution on my stamplar and quickly dropped it like hot potato once i realized 2-effect cleanse is almost nothing in everyday cyrodiil(as opposed to staged duels).

Yeah but templar purge has to be actively used whereas this set does it automatically for the duration of a single mutagen/RR.

What i was telling you is that from my experience as a templar playing in cyrodiil(NOT dueling), two removed effects is too weak, even if removed once every second and not once every two seconds. You will simply be swamped with so many status effect during typical cyrodiil gameplay that two effects removed become insignificant, you won't remove what needs removed, and next second its all back. You simply need to run the 5-effect purge for the effect to become noticeable. Therefore, under these conditions, a set that removes 2 effects every 2 seconds, even if by itself, is not nearly as good as people make it out to be. (And remember it is not "free", you paid for it by sacrificing some other 5-piece bonus).

This is ridiculous in a 1v1 for anyone and shuts down builds that don't have access to a large amount of applicable effects.

That's basically the same thing i said in the post you were replying to: "Its only useful in duels, and then only against builds that only apply a few debuffs."

Really? I don't know about you, but it means that I can have auto-protection against stun and defile and not have to cast extended ritual/ritual of retribution on my templars constantly....

...That means I will literally be invincible on a breech ...

Try the following.

Respec from extended ritual to ritual of retribution.
    Limit yourself to only casting it once per 2 seconds.
    Go stand on a breach.

See how well you do. I already know.

1, You will have 15 debuffs on you in a heartbeat.
    2, You will remove two, leaving 13 on you.
    3, You wait 2 seconds, and now have 28 debuffs on you.
    4, You remove two, leaving 26 on you.
    5, You die.

Thats how useful this "broken set" will be on anyone thinking they can don it and stand on a "breech".

I already do use retribution on live, try again. I also stand on the breech right now and don't die. So you're not educating me on anything. Like I said, let it go live and exactly what I said just now will be the case. Apparently you know nothing.

Also stop looking at it in a vacuum as if I couldnt simply heal the damage incoming, because I can.
    Edited by Kadoin on January 24, 2019 8:43AM
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you pay for that with one of you two 5-piece set bonuses. You sacrifice half your 5-piece bonuses for something that will help you very little as soon as you are attacked by more than one enemy. Its only useful in duels, and then only against builds that only apply a few debuffs. Face a low slash build that applies maim+snare every second, along with siphoner and possibly 2x DOT poison, and suddenly removing one debuff per second isn't all that hot. I should know, i once replaced extended ritual with ritual of retribution on my stamplar and quickly dropped it like hot potato once i realized 2-effect cleanse is almost nothing in everyday cyrodiil(as opposed to staged duels).

Yeah but templar purge has to be actively used whereas this set does it automatically for the duration of a single mutagen/RR.

What i was telling you is that from my experience as a templar playing in cyrodiil(NOT dueling), two removed effects is too weak, even if removed once every second and not once every two seconds. You will simply be swamped with so many status effect during typical cyrodiil gameplay that two effects removed become insignificant, you won't remove what needs removed, and next second its all back. You simply need to run the 5-effect purge for the effect to become noticeable. Therefore, under these conditions, a set that removes 2 effects every 2 seconds, even if by itself, is not nearly as good as people make it out to be. (And remember it is not "free", you paid for it by sacrificing some other 5-piece bonus).

This is ridiculous in a 1v1 for anyone and shuts down builds that don't have access to a large amount of applicable effects.

That's basically the same thing i said in the post you were replying to: "Its only useful in duels, and then only against builds that only apply a few debuffs."

Really? I don't know about you, but it means that I can have auto-protection against stun and defile and not have to cast extended ritual/ritual of retribution on my templars constantly....

Try the following.

Go stand on a breach.

5, You die.

Thats how useful this "broken set" will be on anyone thinking they can don it and stand on a "breech".

I already do use retribution on live, try again. I also stand on the breech right now and don't die.

Is that because of the 2(out of 15) effect you cleansed, or because you are a templar with the full kit?
    Also stop looking at it in a vacuum as if I couldnt simply heal the damage incoming, because I can.

Glad we cleared that up.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Try the following.

Go stand on a breach.

5, You die.

I already do use retribution on live, try again. I also stand on the breech right now and don't die.

Is that because of the 2(out of 15) effect you cleansed, or because you are a templar with the full kit?

Glad we cleared that up.

Glad you think using faulty logic somehow makes you right. I'm not going to even take you to class and dismiss it because you cannot even argue properly against what I said.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try the following.

Go stand on a breach.

5, You die.

Glad we cleared that up.

Glad you think using faulty logic somehow makes you right. I'm not going to even take you to class and dismiss it because you cannot even argue properly against what I said.

Properly?

You claim that a set cleansing 2 effects every 2 seconds in an environment that bombards you with dozens of effects every second will somehow make you invincible, and then go on that you will be able to do this thanks to outhealing the damage(which the set does not do).

Hows that for a proper argument?
    Edited by Sharee on January 24, 2019 9:09AM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Try the following.

Go stand on a breach.

5, You die.

Using absolute extreme scenarios doesnt help ur argument. Even if it were cleansing 5 debuffs it wouldn't help when u have 30 debuffs on you.

If you had a 30k burst heal and 50 people focused you, u would still die before you even press a button. That doesn't make a 30k burst heal useless. It would still be the best self heal in the game.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Try the following.

Go stand on a breach.

5, You die.

Using absolute extreme scenarios doesnt help ur argument. Even if it were cleansing 5 debuffs it wouldn't help when u have 30 debuffs on you.

If you had a 30k burst heal and 50 people focused you, u would still die before you even press a button. That doesn't make a 30k burst heal useless. It would still be the best self heal in the game.

It was not me who brought up the extreme scenario tho. I was simply replying to a guy who claimed having 2 effects cleansed every 2 seconds somehow enables him to be invincible standing on a breach.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try the following.

Go stand on a breach.

5, You die.

Under a breech is a different animal. You wont last long even using extended ritual every 2 seconds.

Point is 2 free removal every 2 seconds is too much when you can proactively heal with a HOT. Even with ER; this set will come out ahead considering ER cost 4k magicka AND you have to spend an extra second to use it before your burst heal if in trouble. With the set, you can just stay aggressive while you have a HOT ticking. Actually as a templar myself; I could probably just keep sweeps going and get 2 without even having to pre cast a HOT. Add that to how it is detrimental to some classes who need a specific buff and would just reapply after ER as a templar is going to lose if they just keep going to ER every other ability as it's more expensive, and this set has some real problems. You probably wouldn't replace ER entirely but the set is too automatic to pass up

They need to change it to something like how some abilities only proc of direct damage and not DOTs. It being tied to just any healing is probably the issue.
    Options
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I’m a known user of broken sets? GTFoutta here. LoL

Ya’ll just proving my point. If ZoS introduces anything new that’s, in anyway, better than currently established Metas, then come cry for nerfs on the forums (and insult anyone who disagrees with you.)

^ yep

I don't know how anyone can think insulting someone makes your statement more profound

Stating a fact isn't an insult. Last patch he was using Viper, Sloads, Skoria, and 3 swift. He represents everything that is wrong with pvp in this game.

The fact that you don't understand the impact this set would have in the game, makes it obvious that you were never fit to be a class rep in the 1st place. You don't even understand how game you play works.

I can confirm this. He hopped on the Glyphgate abuse train the instant Murkmire landed, and is still exploiting the Draining Shot bug.

On-topic: This iteration of Curse Eater is completely absurd and the numerous video clips of it in action are testament to that. The meta has been shifting the the direction of slotting mindless sets that do the fighting for you for several patches in a row now, to the great detriment of PvP, and Curse Eater is only going to solidify that. Earthgore was bad enough, and now bad players won't even need to press their break-free key anymore. Hilarious...
    Edited by TheYKcid on January 24, 2019 12:32PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Under a breech is a different animal. You wont last long even using extended ritual every 2 seconds.

Tell that to the guy who says curse eater will make him invincible under breach.
    Point is 2 free removal every 2 seconds is too much when you can proactively heal with a HOT.

Considering it is very possible to apply more than 2 effects every 2 seconds, how do you figure its "too much"? What is too much and what is not? What metric are you using to come to that conclusion? Because if you make that claim out of thin air, you could say "its too much" just about anything, and it becomes entirely subjective what "too much" means.

Now, i will agree with you there *are* certain matchups, 1v1 matchups to be specific, where this set would make the life of your opponent very difficult. OTOH, there also are matchups where this is not true, and as soon as you get more than 1 opponent on you, the set's ability to cleanse will be quickly overwhelmed.

So. Shall we start balancing this game based on how screwed certain 1v1 matchups will be? Because if so, Blessed meridia is way ahead of curse eater in the queue for nerfs.

Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, someone from itemization team has already acknowledged that the set is too good and they will adjust it. At this point it is no longer a question of "if" it will be changed and only "how" it will be changed.
    Options
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try the following.

Go stand on a breach.

5, You die.

Who is standing in the middle of a breech? If you do that while it’s being sieged then yes, you should die. The problem is this set outside this one scenario because like I said, being stupid doesn’t justify this set being balanced.
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    I mean, someone from itemization team has already acknowledged that the set is too good and they will adjust it. At this point it is no longer a question of "if" it will be changed and only "how" it will be changed.

Link pls :)?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Link pls :)?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5757601#Comment_5757601
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Try the following.

Go stand on a breach.

5, You die.

It was not me who brought up the extreme scenario tho. I was simply replying to a guy who claimed having 2 effects cleansed every 2 seconds somehow enables him to be invincible standing on a breach.

While he did say that and he was wrong my point is about ur overall opinion on the set not being that good which is absolutely false. Just because the set isnt going to cleanse everything it doesnt mean that its not that good. If anything, the prevalent of debuffs in the game is actually why the set is extremely overperforming. The set literally cc breaks for you. That alone is extremely overperforming and would be enough of a reason to slot it on both stamina and magicka builds even if it did nothing else.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 24, 2019 4:54PM
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I’m a known user of broken sets? GTFoutta here. LoL

Ya’ll just proving my point. If ZoS introduces anything new that’s, in anyway, better than currently established Metas, then come cry for nerfs on the forums (and insult anyone who disagrees with you.)

^ yep

I don't know how anyone can think insulting someone makes your statement more profound

Stating a fact isn't an insult. Last patch he was using Viper, Sloads, Skoria, and 3 swift. He represents everything that is wrong with pvp in this game.

The fact that you don't understand the impact this set would have in the game, makes it obvious that you were never fit to be a class rep in the 1st place. You don't even understand how game you play works.

I can confirm this. He hopped on the Glyphgate abuse train the instant Murkmire landed, and is still exploiting the Draining Shot bug.

Yup. I use enchants. Yup. I use the bow stun. And yup, I’ve been using enchants since before glyph gate and I’ve been using the bow skill since before they extended the range on it. In fact, I didn’t even log in during that week long glyph gate fiasco.

And here are some things that will continue to occur:

- I will still use enchants

- I will still use the bow stun after it’s “fixed”

- You will still be the guy I have on ignore for insulting my mother after I beat you in a BG match.
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "When you cast a restoration staff ability, remove 3 negative effects from yourself and a nearby ally and restore 450 magicka. This effect can occur every 6 seconds."

Effect on cast results in requiring player input and makes it ineffective vs CC.

Resto staff ability makes the set a steep commitment for non healers.

3 effects for you and an ally is a fair trade for committing to a 5 pc. It helps the healer while improving their ability to support others.

Increased magicka to remain equal to 150 mp2 with a 6 second cd. The magicka regen is now only for the user instead of the recipient of the purge.

Just a random thought.
    Edited by exeeter702 on January 24, 2019 5:53PM
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    I say nerf it to the ground so the PvP'ers will have something else to whine about. I don't want to see 10 posts a day about how powerful this set is...

As to the OP, Sorry, it probably seemed like a good idea to the developer at the time.

PvP'ers will whine about anything and everything anyway. Every update there is a "THE SKY IS FALLING OMG" scenario. sometimes warranted (Soldier of Anguish) and sometimes not.

I'll always remember someone in my guild, a big PvP'er when they introduced Vicious Death telling me they had to nerf it as there would be "zergs of vamp sorcs using it with Proxy Det and Devouring Swarm"..... safe to say that in that patch i found a grand total of 4 sorcs trying that setup, and most died before the det went off.

So all we do is provide evidence one way or the other for the sets in question and hope it's all sorted either way.

You might want to check your memory.

Vicious death was pure bs when it came out, and it still isn't a healthy set to this day.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 24, 2019 6:35PM
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say nerf it to the ground so the PvP'ers will have something else to whine about. I don't want to see 10 posts a day about how powerful this set is...

As to the OP, Sorry, it probably seemed like a good idea to the developer at the time.

PvP'ers will whine about anything and everything anyway. Every update there is a "THE SKY IS FALLING OMG" scenario. sometimes warranted (Soldier of Anguish) and sometimes not.

I'll always remember someone in my guild, a big PvP'er when they introduced Vicious Death telling me they had to nerf it as there would be "zergs of vamp sorcs using it with Proxy Det and Devouring Swarm"..... safe to say that in that patch i found a grand total of 4 sorcs trying that setup, and most died before the det went off.

So all we do is provide evidence one way or the other for the sets in question and hope it's all sorted either way.

Vicious death was pure bs when it came out, and it still isn't a healthy set to this day.

VD was bad because within the same patch zos gave everyone proxy det after being warned. But no, people on the forum encouraged it with things like “Now everyone is on the same playing field” and “You’re just complaining because you’ll no longer have the advantage “. That patch alone was one of the worst patches and if anything it showed how bias the community can be when it comes to what they view as “op”. Plus, exposed how people only “care” about progression when it aligns with how they play or what they already have gained.

As a result hardly anyone uses proxy det or VD.

Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't remember Vicious Death ever being a problem tbh. It did was it was supposed to do as well as could be expected.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

VD was bad because within the same patch zos gave everyone proxy det after being warned. But no, people on the forum encouraged it with things like “Now everyone is on the same playing field” and “You’re just complaining because you’ll no longer have the advantage “. That patch alone was one of the worst patches and if anything it showed how bias the community can be when it comes to what they view as “op”. Plus, exposed how people only “care” about progression when it aligns with how they play or what they already have gained.

As a result hardly anyone uses proxy det or VD.

People still use it but only to bomb.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As much as magicka needs help I don't think this is the way to do it
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet everyone defending this set bought a *** ton of golden curse eater jewelry :p
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    I don't remember Vicious Death ever being a problem tbh. It did was it was supposed to do as well as could be expected.

It still is a problem. I do not want to run with new players looking to learn the ropes because if they dont have enough crit resist or health, or just fail to survive an attack; it ends in me getting blown up as well. We should be encouraged to take lesser experience players under our wings and this set discourages that.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It still is a problem. I do not want to run with new players looking to learn the ropes because if they dont have enough crit resist or health, or just fail to survive an attack; it ends in me getting blown up as well. We should be encouraged to take lesser experience players under our wings and this set discourages that.

It's a very small radius and it's purpose, regardless of how good it is at fulfilling that, is to discourage stacking up. If you die to it because you stood that close to your allies, it's just doing it's job. It is very possible to play with new players and not get blown up by VD, it just isn't very competitive for large scale pvp. Which would be the actual problem VD is an attempt to address in the first place.

Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In terms of small scale it wasnt a problem. The issue was that the people that it was meant to be used against used it too. So you get into a 3v12 and one of you went down that could’ve been a wipe.

Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In terms of small scale it wasnt a problem. The issue was that the people that it was meant to be used against used it too. So you get into a 3v12 and one of you went down that could’ve been a wipe.

I mean, if one goes down in 3v12 it probably is a wipe. :p
    But I get what you're trying to say. Well, I remember some complaining about zergballs using it as well, but my group literally never had such a problem. There were people saying you had to stack up to take a flag iirc, but even there you have more than enough space to keep 5+ m distance from others.

Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the video of it preventing Rune Cage. Yes clearly that is broken and hard CC needs to be an exception to this set.

That will be fixed. Now it's just a matter of how they change the timers, which will get changed for sure.

2 effects every 2 seconds is terrible in duels, especially against some classes. Of course the game doesn't get balanced from duels alone.

It should not require a Restoration staff though, that's silly.

It should not only apply to allies nor only apply to the user.

It should not stack meaning there needs to be two cooldowns - the activation of the skill itself and an individual cooldown for the players it applies to.

I don't want the set broken and I don't want it useless so please take all of this into consideration. While I still feel my words will get lost, they are here nonetheless.
    Edited by brandonv516 on January 24, 2019 8:15PM
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a very small radius and it's purpose, regardless of how good it is at fulfilling that, is to discourage stacking up. If you die to it because you stood that close to your allies, it's just doing it's job. It is very possible to play with new players and not get blown up by VD, it just isn't very competitive for large scale pvp. Which would be the actual problem VD is an attempt to address in the first place.

Yet stacking up is happening and they are using it while all it takes is a passerby with pour survivability.
    Options
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the video of it preventing Rune Cage. Yes clearly that is broken and hard CC needs to be an exception to this set.

That will be fixed. Now it's just a matter of how they change the timers, which will get changed for sure.

2 effects every 2 seconds is terrible in duels, especially against some classes. Of course the game doesn't get balanced from duels alone.

It should not require a Restoration staff though, that's silly.

It should not only apply to allies nor only apply to the user.

It should not stack meaning there needs to be two cooldowns - the activation of the skill itself and an individual cooldown for the players it applies to.

I don't want the set broken and I don't want it useless so please take all of this into consideration. While I still feel my words will get lost, they are here nonetheless.

Agree!
    I think it would be great if the set remains as a set which could be used by everyone, no matter are you solo player or a group player, no matter which weapons you use. Now when developer already mentioned that the set will be tweaked, it's now just question of time and waiting to read the next PTS patch notes during remaining PTS test weeks. :)
    Options
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 thread lock.

While reading the tooltip for this set makes it sound OP, I agree that we need more accurate and controlled testing scenarios than what a few of you have attempted to provide as "evidence", that can actually prove whether or not it is OP.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
    Options