The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Don't Nerf curse eater

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
With all the threads curse eater is OP. I wanted one to say it will be great set for healers in pvp and pve. So if changes must be made please consider application that this set has on healers.
Edited by Tasear on January 22, 2019 3:28PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about PvE but healers don't need any help in PvP.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lmao healers?

The problem is any normal DPS will be purging themselves every 2 seconds in PVP
    The issue here isnt healers lol
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ This, and I don't even PvP to see that this set is just a teeeeeeny bit OP. PvE? /shrug. PvP? Yeah, nah.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the set stays as is, I will 100% be running it on my magblade and getting rid of cloak completely. Just one cast of mutagen, or spamming swallow soul is enough to keep you purged pretty much indefinitely. 2 seconds is a small cooldown. Plus it looks like it is also giving CC immunity.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand your logic @Tasear. If Olorime had major protection on top of Major courage, you would say don’t nerf it because it’s a healer set?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You´re way too narrowminded in terms of it´s application.

Yes it would be good on a healer - you know where it´s better? When everyone in your grp uses it because that makes the grp virtually immune to any hostily effects including CC.

You don´t seem to be particularly experienced with pvp making such a statement without considering any implications this would inevitably have.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all of the people defending this set I just want to say please nerf it.

It's going to have a devastating affect on PVP. You are not supposed to be able to shut down nightblade defiles, Sorc curse, and DK dots every other second.

If you do the math, it's too powerful. Purge is an incredibly expensive skill in the alliance war line, and it's what makes Templars an amazing class.

Only the short sighted and selfish want to make purging a cheap set bonus. And they will never stop defending this broken garbage.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Yes it would be good on a healer - you know where it´s better? When everyone in your grp uses it because that makes the grp virtually immune to any hostily effects including CC.

You don´t seem to be particularly experienced with pvp making such a statement without considering any implications this would inevitably have.

Fair enough but the application for healers is what I am concerned with if this set does it get adjustments.

It does need changes but it is my hopes that this set still available have application. I saw solider aguiush turn useless and I hoping this doesn't follow sane route.

You guys are concerned about DPS application but my concern is that healer application won't be considered if this set gets changed. This role hardly ever gets interesting sets and this is one. Sure change it but keep this in mind.
    Edited by Tasear on January 22, 2019 3:25PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll use this set on my StamSorc and StamBlade. Great set.

Also, don’t nerf the Bosmer speed buff.

Real talk.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on January 22, 2019 3:23PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    If the set stays as is, I will 100% be running it on my magblade and getting rid of cloak completely. Just one cast of mutagen, or spamming swallow soul is enough to keep you purged pretty much indefinitely. 2 seconds is a small cooldown. Plus it looks like it is also giving CC immunity.

But it will make cloak even better. There goes that mark.

I'd be even tempted to run it on my templar. It doesnt purge as much but Ill have a HOT running anyway and wont have to spend magicka or opportunity cost for it.
    Edited by technohic on January 22, 2019 3:31PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Back on this yes it needs changes but this is healthy counter for some things in game. It's not like there isn't a skill just like this in Templar toolkit, but even better.

My stance is set should exist, but others just want it downright deleted. Here about this make it like spc proc trigger?
    Edited by Tasear on January 22, 2019 3:32PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I’ll use this set on my StamSorc and StamBlade. Great set.

Also, don’t nerf the Bosmer speed buff.

Real talk.

It also makes everyone immune to your stamsorc snipe and nightblade incap.

No more defiles. You will never kill anyone.

Is it really worth wearing it to destroy stamblade, DK, and Sorc? Purge is what makes Templar so balanced and effective fighting other classes, now everyone gets it?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaL snipe?! What am I, a n00b?!

:trollface:
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with this set is, that it is more effective, when less players are involved. On a solo player it is the most efficient, meanwhile in a group, where the purges will be divided between the whole group, the set gets weak.
    Currently the set isnt even really strong as a healer set, since the effects are split and therefore one individual rarely sees any benefit, meanwhile the solo player sees constant effects.

To really make this set any better for healers, but less strong for the solo player, the cooldown needs to be increased and bound to each individual instead of intern. An example would be 2 negative effects all 5 seconds cleansed for every healing target. In that case, the solo player isnt OP anymore through constant purging, since the set only cleanses 2 effects all 5 seconds. But a healer would see great use of it, since he can cleanse 2 negat5ve effects all 5 seconds on every friendly player.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

But it will make cloak even better. There goes that mark.

I'd be even tempted to run it on my templar. It doesnt purge as much but Ill have a HOT running anyway and wont have to spend magicka or opportunity cost for it.

That is fair. More likely, cloak will go to back bar and another dot will end up front. But, at the same time, that healing morph of cloak could be useful with a set like this.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can this set cleanse sorc's curse or fury?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on January 22, 2019 3:43PM
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    this set is damn OP for PVP, it will be game breaking if not nerfed
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NoThInG ever gets nerfed cause of Pee Vee Pee.

They honestly just need to separate the balance at this point. Since this IS a PvP set though it should be balanced around PvP even though I don't like that.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    The problem with this set is, that it is more effective, when less players are involved. On a solo player it is the most efficient, meanwhile in a group, where the purges will be divided between the whole group, the set gets weak.
    Currently the set isnt even really strong as a healer set, since the effects are split and therefore one individual rarely sees any benefit, meanwhile the solo player sees constant effects.

To really make this set any better for healers, but less strong for the solo player, the cooldown needs to be increased and bound to each individual instead of intern. An example would be 2 negative effects all 5 seconds cleansed for every healing target. In that case, the solo player isnt OP anymore through constant purging, since the set only cleanses 2 effects all 5 seconds. But a healer would see great use of it, since he can cleanse 2 negat5ve effects all 5 seconds on every friendly player.

That could work. I just see that this set belongs as a support tool for healers. This is something healers or support role should be doing.

Make the set better for group and less so for solo and it should balance the situation.
    Edited by Tasear on January 22, 2019 3:47PM
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And again. Everyone screaming it's OP without actually testing it.

So here's your challenge, same as the other thread for PvP, write down your burst combo and your enchants/poisons. Then let us count the number of debuffs/snares/dots and let us see where we stand. And be honest.
    If you come back telling me you run a hardening enchant and a mag drain with no siphoner cp etc then everyone here will know you're lying or not in a position to advise on PvP.

And to the magblade going to stop running cloak for this set please do. Makes you an easy target when you realise most specs can apply around 8 negative effects in a second 😂.

We're talking skill procs, ground dots, snares, poisons and status effects. If it takes 4 players procs to purge you for a second and the effects can just reapply them then unless we're 1v4 then eventually they'll proc on another and you'll get melted.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OneKhajiitCrimeWave

NoCP: Curse, Force Pulse, Frags proc, Fury, with a Shock Enchant on an infused staff. So, how many debuffs is that? 3 at most split over 4 GCD.
    Edited by Feanor on January 22, 2019 3:56PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

See bold. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing how it tests, but I'm VERY skeptical because this sounds like a dream scenario for ball groups.
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pls don't nerf curse eater. *Start buying all of them and ready to re-sell them all* :trollface:
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it, this is a 1vXers dream set.

big big set for magblades and wardens.

Im all for anything thats strongest on an individual. Dont nerf this set, tired of players crutching on cheese debuffs. Run swords, hit harder, l2p with lower sustain. Im tired of dying to debuffs, roots and snares.
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • Scarpion
    Scarpion
    ✭✭✭
    What Derra said. It is a direct counter to half the classes in the game currently, to the point those classes will have 0 kill pressure on a target or group of targets using this set.

An example is sorc, most sorcs dropped endless fury since it was nerfed so a typical rotation is: light attack (shock enchant instead of weapon damage enchant for most sorcs) curse, light attack reach, light attack reach, light attack frags. If using elemental drain, then swap the first reach for elemental drain. That is 2 debuffs, 3 if concussion procs, curse and elemental drain. Curse takes 3.5 seconds to explode? Curse eater gets rid of it in 2 seconds, and then when reapplied gets rid of it again in 2 seconds. It will never explode. Curse is the fundamental skill a sorc plays around when fighting.

Same thing for power of the light/purifying light for plars. Dks dots will be taken off easily too. This game is full of meta players, nothing wrong with that, but if it goes to live as is, the set will become meta and every mag spec will run it and there is no reason not to, you counter half the classes in the game currently with 1 set, just have to worry about the other half.
    SDk & MSorc.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Just make this set a viable set for healers and make it difficult to stack with multiple players.

There are multiple options. Pick your fave or suggest another.
    1. Introduce an ally based CD (5-10 seconds while adjusting the number of effects purged).
    2. Make it on active healing only
    3. Make it only purge major/minor debuffs
    4. Make it only work on allies with X% health remaining (75%?)
    5. Make the set give the full effect of efficient purge (remove 2 debuffs, shorten debuff duration by 6 seconds) but make it have a longer CD
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curse is 1, force pulse usually procs 1 but can proc 3, if you weave a light attack in that's a shock proc which can be concussion and off balance. Then fury applies another. So there is the potential for 6 in your combo.
    But there's additional options you could use, such as degen and poisons on one bar for example.

Additionally in the other thread i noted that mag sorcs had the best case against this set due to it likely cleansing off curse and is exacerbated 1v1+. When the numbers on both sides increase by any amount that issue becomes less.

Again i'd say this is not a massive change to the set that's needed but a change to sorcs. A lot of sorc burst relies around a single element/skill and it leaves a rigid setup.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want it to be a healer set?

Make it work only on other players and not yourself - healer set

To make it not OP, up the cool down (here is where math would be important i.e. does 4 sec cool down gut it or balance it?)

As is, way too good
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Scarpion
    Scarpion
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQ0KP91NW8

Who needs cc break when a set does it for you

All I need to say about this set
    SDk & MSorc.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarpion wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQ0KP91NW8

Who needs cc break when a set does it for you

All I need to say about this set

LOL. Negative effect really seems to be a very broad term.