Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Race PvE DPS Difference Tests for both Stamina and Magicka, Results and Graphical Breakdown

susmitds
susmitds
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455092/raid-buffed-dps-comparison-of-each-race-by-class-tests-graphs-interpretation-and-final-score#latest - Check this out for raid buffed DPS instead of solo buffed DPS.

Greetings,

Over the last ten hours, I tested every DD race in the game. Below, I noted the test procedure and the results.
Aim

To test every race and find their DD situation and their overall feel for the role.
Procedure

Nightblade based self-buffed DPS tests against Robust Skeleton (6M HP) is repeated 5 times, taking the Average as the result. DPS may vary in real fights.
Gear and Food/Drinks

Magicka - Spell Strategist, Mother's Sorrow, Valkyn Skoria
Stamina - Relenquen, Advancing Yokeda, Kraagh

Altmer, Dunmer (mag), Khajiit (mag), Argonian - Max HP/Max Mag/Mag Recovery Drink
Breton - Max HP/Max Mag Food
Mundus - Lover all cases

Orc/Khajiit/Dunmer - Max HP/Max Stam/Stam Recovery Drink
Redguard/Bosmer - Max HP/Max Stam Food
Imperial - Max Stam/Stam Recovery Food

Armor Enchants - Health Enchants are used to get 17k HP, then stacked the remaining into primary damage resource.
Weapon Traits and Enchants (Mag) - Infused Fire Staff with Shock Enchant and Infused vMA Lightning Staff with Berserker Enchant
Weapon Traits and Enchants (Stam) - Nirnhoned Axe Main Hand/Sharpened Dagger Off Hand - Double DoT poisons and Infused vMA Bow with Berserker Enchant
Jewelry Traits and Enchants - 2 Bloodthirsty + 1 Infused all Weapon/Spell Damage
Results

Htq0KpS.png

Magicka DPS - Overall races are very close with a difference lesser than 1.5k between top and bottom. The races are ranked below.
  1. Breton(x4emazdcfbgn.png) - Their insane sustain is capable of infinitely sustaining most rotation even with blue food, making them a serious contender for the best DPS.
  2. Altmer(radafdt16i2q.png) - Overall, they are the most well-rounded magicka DPS dealer this time around. Though Breton beats them in self-buffed DPS by a very small margin, in groups with sustain support, they can easily come out on top.
  3. Khajiit(9o80wp2q2v8c.png) - They are going to become very capable mages this patch onwards, though sustain is a major PITA. In well-coordinated raids with perfect Warhorns and constant sustain support, they should be able to easily challenge pure magicka races.
  4. Dunmer(8w4glnr9w0kf.png) - They are very capable mages, even though they are not the best anymore. As long as sustain challenges are overcome, they will do fine in any content.
  5. Argonian(2id02dsuay1w.png) - In spite of not being a true DD race, they perform fairly well as a DPS unit enough earn a place in any vet content.

2BZ7AfU.png

Stamina DPS - Stamina DPS as a whole, took a hit with the DW nerf both in terms of damage and sustain from Absorb Stamina Enchant (106.7 stamina recovery loss equivalent). All races are fairly close to each other.
  1. Orc(abweer8k7aiq.png) - Orc comes out as the top PvE stamina race with their new weapon damage buff becoming probably the best stamina passive in the game. Their recovery passive buff is twice as high the loss from the DW changes, meaning it cancels out the loss and gives them more stamina return even after that.
  2. Bosmer(1axq02h93kan.png) - Much suprising, Bosmer is the next strongest stamina DD race this time, virtually tying with Orc for the top spot. Their sustain as well as overall resources has undergone an insane buff cancelling out the sustain loss from DW changes and still having additional stamina reserves.
  3. Redguard(svwsf8mxorrr.png) - They are still the stamina powerhouses they always were. Using weapon spammables, they can easily reclaim top spot. Their sustain buff also cancels out the sustain loss from DW changes.
  4. Dunmer(dir24u50zj34.png) - They are boasting the highest raw damage stamina race in the game, but their sustain is virtually non-existant. In proper groups, they have the potential to take the top DPS spot.
  5. Khajiit(bwrvvumqk2ek.png) - Stat-wise, they are virtually at the same spot in PvE as live. However, they are hit the hardest with the DW changes, as their sustain is the only one that did not get buffed and hence does not cancel out the sustain loss. Additionally, their crit passive was the only one that affected enchants and hence, enchant nerf indirectly affected them the most. Still, they are good DPS and depending on group sustain support and Warhorn frequency, they can do great in vet content.
  6. Imperial(te2g8t5hvbdj.png) - They have huge stamina reserve to play with (more than any other races) but once it runs out, they have no means to refill it. DW sustain changes hit them pretty hard as well, dropping their overall DPS.
Conclusion

The races are all fairly close to each other in the DPS regard, meaning ZOS has been successful in their overall goal. However, there is a certain disparity between the races for a DD role apart from their DPS, that it is pretty significant. The lower the natural sustain of a race, the more unforgivable it's rotation becomes. In simple terms, races like Breton, Bosmer, Redguard can afford to make mistakes and recover without any significant loss of DPS. On the other hand for an Imperial, Khajiit or Dunmer, a slight slip up can mean running out faster than intended and going on a heavy attack rota causing a huge DPS hit.

Also, this is a purely solo-buffed DPS test. In groups, DPS might vary somewhat more, group buffs tend to introduce more standard deviation. Depending on the rate at which the group buffs are being used, i.e. Warhorn Frequency and Orbs/Shard efficiency, the ranking are changed. In a perfect group, where nobody suffers from sustain issues and Major Force up-time is maximum, Khajiit will get a better ranking, possibly number one for magicka beating Altmer by a small margin, Dunmer and Breton following a bit after that. On the stamina side however, it is even closer, with all raw damage races, Orc, Khajiit and Dunmer staying very close, followed by Bosmer and Redguard. The DPS races are still however very close, infact. The thing that is happening here is that the better group, the lesser the chance of mistakes and if sustain issues are cancelled out by support, the raw damage races can go all out. It is very similar to the situation between Redguard and Khajiit on Live, where Khajiit has the theoritical better DPS but Redguard is far more forgiving. This changes depending on whether the said class has critical damage or not. Nightblades and Templars favor Khajiit the most, where as other classes makes Orc/Altmer/Dunmer shine out a bit more.
Edited by susmitds on January 23, 2019 10:34PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated with results.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why use different foods for racial testing?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was very sceptical when I saw the proposed changes but this data and my own testing has convinced me the changes are good and I"ll stop complaining.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Imperial at the bottom?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, can you do this for more classes?

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything seems quite close. I'll do some stamplar testing later on with changes to traits and poison usage to see what I get compared to double infused and nirn/infused.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The differences here are so small. That is a nice thing, really. Also you could probably have dunmer and KHajiit move up by giving them blue food and stormfist.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    More tanky I assumes. A bit like Aronian for magic
    Still diference is less than 1K or 1.8%
    Also remember its an error margin here of 300 or something.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Magic being ahead of stam is an issue considering we have two mini trials where stam are not welcome for 99% of it.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tested stamina races and I haven't tested Argonians.
    The rest however is roughly what I got as well.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc players unite woot woot!
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't test Nord eh?
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, those numbers are impressively close.

As others have said I would love to see data for some of the other classes.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff. I have really had enough of the chicken littles on this forum and it is nice to see really data on the subject, thank you.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 22, 2019 1:04PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    @nsmurfer
    To bring their overall potency close to each other. If I used the same food for everybody, the differences would have been more.
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    @Tholian1
    To be fair, it is a very tanky race to make up for it and still it is good enough to qualify for DPS.
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    The differences here are so small. That is a nice thing, really. Also you could probably have dunmer and KHajiit move up by giving them blue food and stormfist.
    @Azyle1
    In real fights where movement, healing and repositioning is necessary you will need the extra stam regen or it becomes very risky. Heavy attacking is not fun as it stands.
    Wow, can you do this for more classes?
    @vesselwiththepestle
    Other classes, will be fairly similar, as I used Shrouded daggers as a spammable. Dunmer and Orc will be slightly better for Stamplar for the extra Weapon Damage. Khajiit will be a bit worse for many class except Templar. Sorc and DK might have lower DPS for the low sustain races like Dunmer, Khajiit and Imperial.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Didn't test Nord eh?

Should be close to Imperial IMO. The extra ultimate is useful for DPS as well.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    @nsmurfer
    To bring their overall potency close to each other. If I used the same food for everybody, the differences would have been more.

Ok, that makes sense now that i think about it.
  • Elhan
    Elhan
    ✭✭✭
    very interesting, did u have to heavy attack to sustain these fight? and if yes with every race?
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for giving us some real data. I'm disappointed in the stamina numbers for khajiit. #buffkhajiit
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    Thank you for giving us some real data. I'm disappointed in the stamina numbers for khajiit. #buffkhajiit

All the numbers are so close that it doesn't really matter for stam.. however....

The issue is stam is just straight nerfed now. Prepare for nothing but mag because people will say stam is too weak.
    Edited by Azyle1 on January 22, 2019 1:34PM
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina dealing less damage with harder, more hazardous playstyle? GG ZoS
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All the numbers are so close that it doesn't really matter for stam.. however....

The issue is stam is just straight nerfed now. Prepare for nothing but mag because people will say stam is too weak.

The weakest Stamina is within 2k of the strongest Magicka. Honestly, I don't know how much closer you can get.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

The weakest Stamina is within 2k of the strongest Magicka. Honestly, I don't know how much closer you can get.
    Because people like to think if it is weaker, it is holding a group back.

Also why does Magicka get:

1 - range
    2- good shields
    3 - more dps

????
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This may not be race but OP rotation,

OP not mentioning any build details etc. Can post video.

In raids situation will be entirely different.

We need to wait for membets like @Masel to post some results.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 22, 2019 1:59PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liko gets noticeably higher parses on Khajiit than Altmer/Breton. I'm guessing yours were solo parses?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-HGXW_B7EE

The balance between Breton and Altmer seems great. But Khajiit appear to be a bit overtuned.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 22, 2019 2:05PM
  • royo
    royo
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblades are 10k+ higher than magblades on live. People need to calm down with the stam is going to be dead narrative. Stamblades have broken 95k single target in raids. Take a deep breath. Stam is still king and it isn't even close.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We do not even know what adjustments OP did in response to one-hand enchant change.

My guess is that nirn main + precise (or sharpened) off hand might come very strong, and also forgetting the enchants and putting alchemical double dot poisons.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 22, 2019 2:15PM
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liko gets noticeably higher parses on Khajiit than Altmer/Breton. I'm guessing yours were solo parses?

The balance between Breton and Altmer seems great. But Khajiit appear to be a bit overtuned.

Again, that's not a comparison of any sort. Just a Khajiit Magblade DPS test, not even self-buffed. Under the same conditions, there are higher Breton DPS tests possible.

You need to test multiple times to get an accurate picture. that's exactly what's being done here. Also Op made it clear time and time that it's self buffed.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, that's not a comparison of any sort. Just a Khajiit Magblade DPS test, not even self-buffed. Under the same conditions, there are higher Breton DPS tests possible.

You need to test multiple times to get an accurate picture. that's exactly what's being done here. Also Op made it clear time and time that it's self buffed.

Read the video description please, it talks about the comparison and links videos of each race parsing.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..