The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I was debating taking my stamplar back magicka but then did my stamsorc first. Just slapped together shackle and necrop and in Cyrodiil I have a 10 k shield, 10k heal, streak, effectively an unprgeable dot from matriarch, a resource management tool that also hss a 10k heal on it, and z better execute and burst. Dont even get me started on what it looks like slapping my stamplar gear on my NB.

ER is pretty much our only thing

I feel like stamplar just doesnt fit the current meta, we dont have the inherent tankiness of wardens and DKs, and we dont have the mobility of sorcs and nightblades.

That being said if you run with a pocket healer stamplar can still be great, it just hurts that pretty much anything i can do on my stamplar, i can do better on a different class.

Really hoping they will address our self-healing or the issue with jabs damage being reduces by major evasion.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    I was debating taking my stamplar back magicka but then did my stamsorc first. Just slapped together shackle and necrop and in Cyrodiil I have a 10 k shield, 10k heal, streak, effectively an unprgeable dot from matriarch, a resource management tool that also hss a 10k heal on it, and z better execute and burst. Dont even get me started on what it looks like slapping my stamplar gear on my NB.

I feel like stamplar just doesnt fit the current meta, we dont have the inherent tankiness of wardens and DKs, and we dont have the mobility of sorcs and nightblades.

That being said if you run with a pocket healer stamplar can still be great, it just hurts that pretty much anything i can do on my stamplar, i can do better on a different class.

Really hoping they will address our self-healing or the issue with jabs damage being reduces by major evasion.

They won't. Dk has that identity now and with wings reduced to DMG mitigation, the healing is really all they have left. Templar has no overall identity, even had healbot is being taken over by other classes lol.

Only place Templar shines, is ability to switch between melee/range while using AOE/direct and instant cast /dots. Stamplar also left out of this, unless you go bow but you are then basically copying what magplar gets in it's kits. Bow/DW would be interesting to try, if only to copy this design intent from magplar and see how it goes. But without htd, my guess it's bad to try anyway lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

They won't. Dk has that identity now and with wings reduced to DMG mitigation, the healing is really all they have left. Templar has no overall identity, even had healbot is being taken over by other classes lol.

Only place Templar shines, is ability to switch between melee/range while using AOE/direct and instant cast /dots. Stamplar also left out of this, unless you go bow but you are then basically copying what magplar gets in it's kits. Bow/DW would be interesting to try, if only to copy this design intent from magplar and see how it goes. But without htd, my guess it's bad to try anyway lol.

Mind you stam dks are getting cauterise for some juicy healing and magdks will hit insanely hard next patch.

Magplar i think is in a pretty good spot considering all the changes, dark flare and total dark nerfs aside, toppling is going to be great, the extra range on cresent sweep also a big buff.

But i look at stamplar, and compared to the rest of the stam classes its just lacking, in almost everyting.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem with bow DW on stamplar is now you have no rally and not for exchange of FM but to then rely on the crappy shuffle and medium armor. You probably would then want to go blood craze, and the bow stun that heals after expiration. Not bad, but that's pretty much stamplar at best. Not bad. Not good either.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/2c-zQEnwV8o
    Might change stuff around, maybe try to get BSW over war maiden or run trans backbar with will power fire front. Lag sucks my rotation bad lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem with bow DW on stamplar is now you have no rally and not for exchange of FM but to then rely on the crappy shuffle and medium armor. You probably would then want to go blood craze, and the bow stun that heals after expiration. Not bad, but that's pretty much stamplar at best. Not bad. Not good either.

Yea forgot about rally. Bow/2h since we can get speed from dodge roll. Only issue is you don't have aoe self buffs which can come from quick cloak.

Stamplar needs an identity lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might change stuff around, maybe try to get BSW over war maiden or run trans backbar with will power fire front. Lag sucks my rotation bad lol.

That lag right there is why my crew and i play pve a week, have all unsubbed, and have not bought the expansion. Literally on the verge of quitting.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea forgot about rally. Bow/2h since we can get speed from dodge roll. Only issue is you don't have aoe self buffs which can come from quick cloak.

Stamplar needs an identity lol.

Yeah, I went back to 2h bow. Especially since I run steed and swift, I can kite around. And using temporal guard as a bit of a more elusive playstyle kind of ripping of some of Jacks ghost build spirit yet built for a mere mortal.

I've had some fun with dual wield and diving in, but with empowering sweeps losing protection, and steel potato getting nerfed, time to give that up.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EtTuBrutus I find removing debuffs from allies pretty helpful.

And tbh @Minno I really didn't see much performance issues in that video.

Not like the desyncs bug the hell outta me.

But you guys are on PC and the pace is probably much faster than console - no one turns a camera quickly on console (as example)

How's the BG performance on PC?

I've been making some clips

Currently:
    Innerlight (so I can use detect + spell power mag pots) spear shards, toppling, htd, sweeps
    RAT, Rune, Extended, annulment, ally ward

The addition of shards was quite the boon and really looking forward to it getting buffed
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht it is, that's why i asked if it was for group play. You're going to have to cover some additional bases if you're planning on that purge and regen to be for just you. It certainly won't be in group play.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on May 18, 2019 4:15PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

That lag right there is why my crew and i play pve a week, have all unsubbed, and have not bought the expansion. Literally on the verge of quitting.

Yea 2 s delay on casts and the animation hitting. But better than jabs because I can go right into something else while purfying light bursts.

@Waffennacht check when I press a button and count when the animation fires. Looking at a vid is different from actually playing and 200 ping is better than Aussie 400 lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht it is, that's why i asked if it was for group play. You're going to have to cover some additional bases if you're planning on that purge and regen to be for just you. It certainly won't be in group play.

I get what you're saying! A part of why I like running it on Templar (don't absolutely need the purge for the self

@Minno oh I see what you're talking about.

I feel console is a bit more fair; we all suffer the same, like one console isn't gonna out perform another as far as I know.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm liking curse eater @Waffennacht . Good idea lol.

I'm a huge fan now. If it's this solid now imagine how OP the first idea was.

@EtTuBrutus glad I made the tweaks I did, have more killing power and already see the improvement.

Yup. Turns a 3800 htd into a 3200 cast off you can get the 600 mag while removing 3 debuffs. The 600 mag is about 150 effective Regen.

Went rangplar with mine, no jabs. I'm imperial so take this with a grain of salt, but I'm at 36k mag, 27k health, 14k Stam running bloody Mara drink.

War maiden, grothdarr, curse eater. Fire staff/resto:
    1) solar barrage, purfying light, vamps bane as my spamable, toppling charge, ele drain. Croissant sweep
    2) RAT, rune, purge, htd, total dark. Life giver.

Might swap the way maiden out, but it buffs everything but VB and next patch toppling will be better than jabs. Wish there was an AOE monster set in magic that isn't bad nerienith lol.

Ticks off valuable pain points:
    - embraces AOE/melee/ranged community self described Templar identity.
    - gcd ignoring dots/AOE help keep you offensive on backbar if needed
    - mobile healing ult
    - huge debuff removal
    - single target with AOE so things like major evaison are not as bad. Even next patch with DK ripping into our VB ranged, we can at least pressure with melee aoe and we can fight against Templars running purges sauce most of our AOE is self cast.

I'll grab some vids for you all.

You're getting a lot closer to my build now lol. (listed here). From what I posted before I've switched from mist to RAT, and the only skill slot difference is degen vs barrage and crushing shock vs toppling charge. The gear is completely different though but I like the usage of Curse Eater, it's a good option even for magplars.

Is Vamps Bane still going to be useful as a spammable in Elsweyr with the changes?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I'm liking curse eater @Waffennacht . Good idea lol.

I'm a huge fan now. If it's this solid now imagine how OP the first idea was.

@EtTuBrutus glad I made the tweaks I did, have more killing power and already see the improvement.

Yup. Turns a 3800 htd into a 3200 cast off you can get the 600 mag while removing 3 debuffs. The 600 mag is about 150 effective Regen.

Went rangplar with mine, no jabs. I'm imperial so take this with a grain of salt, but I'm at 36k mag, 27k health, 14k Stam running bloody Mara drink.

War maiden, grothdarr, curse eater. Fire staff/resto:
    1) solar barrage, purfying light, vamps bane as my spamable, toppling charge, ele drain. Croissant sweep
    2) RAT, rune, purge, htd, total dark. Life giver.

Might swap the way maiden out, but it buffs everything but VB and next patch toppling will be better than jabs. Wish there was an AOE monster set in magic that isn't bad nerienith lol.

Ticks off valuable pain points:
    - embraces AOE/melee/ranged community self described Templar identity.
    - gcd ignoring dots/AOE help keep you offensive on backbar if needed
    - mobile healing ult
    - huge debuff removal
    - single target with AOE so things like major evaison are not as bad. Even next patch with DK ripping into our VB ranged, we can at least pressure with melee aoe and we can fight against Templars running purges sauce most of our AOE is self cast.

I'll grab some vids for you all.

You're getting a lot closer to my build now lol. (listed here). From what I posted before I've switched from mist to RAT, and the only skill slot difference is degen vs barrage and crushing shock vs toppling charge. The gear is completely different though but I like the usage of Curse Eater, it's a good option even for magplars.

Is Vamps Bane still going to be useful as a spammable in Elsweyr with the changes?

Yes because it ticks while you are on defense.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use two different builds.
    One is ranged with Pirate Skeleton+Desert Rose+Mark Of the Pariah+Master Fire Staff with Drain, Purifying Light, Flame Reach, Beam, Vampire Bane/Radiant Magelight, Soul Assault front and HOTD, Degeneration, Extended Ritual, Channeled Focus, Mist, Spell Wall on back.Have to check Transmutation inplace of Pariah.

Second is melee with Pirate Skeleton+Desert Rose+Rattlecage with Drain, Purifying Light, Jabs, Toppling Charge, Vampire Bane/Radiant Magelight, Bat Swarm front and HOTD, Total Dark/Heroic Slash, Extended Ritual, Channeled Focus, Mist and Spell Wall.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you guys are on PC and the pace is probably much faster than console - no one turns a camera quickly on console (as example)

@Waffennacht you should really invest in an elite controller for xbox. You can turn up the speed on the right and left sticks to be almost as fast as PC.

Also, since I have not seen it posted: 2 Pirate skelly/Aurorans Thunder/Overwhelming Surge , 5/1/1 light, all arcane jewelry,2 recov one damage has been pretty good. Only issue is getting either duel wield or lightning staff for either set but hey, NBs hate it and that was my point.
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on May 18, 2019 7:51PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

@Waffennacht you should really invest in an elite controller for xbox. You can turn up the speed on the right and left sticks to be almost as fast as PC.

Also, since I have not seen it posted: 2 Pirate skelly/Aurorans Thunder/Overwhelming Surge , 5/1/1 light, all arcane jewelry,2 recov one damage has been pretty good. Only issue is getting either duel wield or lightning staff for either set but hey, NBs hate it and that was my point.

That does no one turns a camera on console mean? That's a pvp player's bread and butter for awareness. Turn your sensitivity up broski.

Im surprised so many people run PS over BS. Ive always found the protection amazing but getting off your back foot is harder.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

That does no one turns a camera on console mean? That's a pvp player's bread and butter for awareness. Turn your sensitivity up broski.

Im surprised so many people run PS over BS. Ive always found the protection amazing but getting off your back foot is harder.

It was posted while ago and general consensus was "it's nice but uptime leaves you wanting more". At least for aurodans.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mind you stam dks are getting cauterise for some juicy healing and magdks will hit insanely hard next patch.

Magplar i think is in a pretty good spot considering all the changes, dark flare and total dark nerfs aside, toppling is going to be great, the extra range on cresent sweep also a big buff.

But i look at stamplar, and compared to the rest of the stam classes its just lacking, in almost everyting.

With TD getting nerfed that hurts my defense bad. I need to be able to stop those devastating knockdowns to be able to go on offense.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With TD getting nerfed that hurts my defense bad. I need to be able to stop those devastating knockdowns to be able to go on offense.

It still had the same defensive capabilities
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think im gonna try the sorc approach next patch too with the max mag set. Utilize shields for melee play, and with only around 40k mag and 24k hp i'll be able to utilize the bastion cp in cyro at least for a juicy shield
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on May 19, 2019 11:16AM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It got nerfed. It's not as strong. It was already not deterring everyone from spamming knockdowns at me. It's going to be even less of a deterrent now.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It got nerfed. It's not as strong. It was already not deterring everyone from spamming knockdowns at me. It's going to be even less of a deterrent now.

The damage isn't as strong. The heal is the same.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on May 19, 2019 11:42AM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's still a problem.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's still a problem.

500 dmg is a gonna make our break it's defensive capabilities for you?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's still a problem.

I mean the healing still needs to be buffed to account for the 0.75 cooldown. And the DMG nerf makes no sense because it was buffed to account for that same cooldown.

They have a problem with this spell but we have no idea what they are thinking.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's still a problem.

I mean the healing still needs to be buffed to account for the 0.75 cooldown. And the DMG nerf makes no sense because it was buffed to account for that same cooldown.

I think the spell is odd. It's grossly too strong vs noobs and in lag. It does just enough vs decent players but doesn't function as a true cc so it's applicaton requires insight on other classes/ players more so than all other ccs. It's awful in group play. But it definitely did too much dmg and healing simultaneously imo.

Against good players it can do 7k dmg and healing in 2 procs off 1 gcd. That's a HUGE swing. I think it's in line now. Opinion of course, but it's certainly not useless.

It'll never be as good as toppling with no min range for offense. Even if it wasn't nerfed.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's still a problem.

I think the spell is odd. It's grossly too strong vs noobs and in lag. It does just enough vs decent players but doesn't function as a true cc so it's applicaton requires insight on other classes/ players more so than all other ccs. It's awful in group play. But it definitely did too much dmg and healing simultaneously imo.

Against good players it can do 7k dmg and healing in 2 procs off 1 gcd. That's a HUGE swing. I think it's in line now. Opinion of course, but it's certainly not useless.

It'll never be as good as toppling with no min range for offense. Even if it wasn't nerfed.

I can see that, and accept it. But with that cooldown on proc and in the past had DMG boosted and not healing, means I'm not sure how to accept it. It needs an effect outside the cc imho then it's good.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's still a problem.

I can see that, and accept it. But with that cooldown on proc and in the past had DMG boosted and not healing, means I'm not sure how to accept it. It needs an effect outside the cc imho then it's good.

Unstable should also take a second off the timer before explosion for each attack while the bubbles on you.

Total dark should root.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's still a problem.

Unstable should also take a second off the timer before explosion for each attack while the bubbles on you.

Total dark should root.

Agreed.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual