The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overload

bpmachete
bpmachete
✭✭✭
Are you really going to make both morphs of Overload not have the extra bar? The bar also loses 50% damage but now you can use weapon abilities? Can you make it so that you can use weapon abilities on your overload bar instead and let them keep their utility bar? (since no one cared about the idea about giving all classes a utility bar with block cast one of the class ultimates...)
Edited by bpmachete on October 15, 2018 7:23PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Power overload morph is useless, they should merge both morphs into one ( O-HA would stay useless sadly :/ ) and make power overload give an additional 3rd bar.
    Edited by Apherius on October 15, 2018 7:33PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the problem, you won't have time for a 3rd bar anymore anyways.

It's all down to weaving heavy attacks with shield casts now.
    huh.gif
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    Stam sorc needs it too.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´m looking at the overload change from a different perspective:

ZOS could never really work on underused/niche sorc abilities that were previously stored on overload bar because if they became as good as the counterparts of other classes being able to access more barslots would be downright op.

I hope they´re in the process of reworking problematic mechanics and skills of the class to create something more variable and fun in the end - even though losing overload at the beginning of this process might seem counterintuitive at first. It´s a needed step to work on core class design issues imo.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I hope they´re in the process of reworking problematic mechanics and skills of the class to create something more variable and fun in the end

C3P0, what are the odds for this to happen?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

ZOS could never really work on underused/niche sorc abilities that were previously stored on overload bar because if they became as good as the counterparts of other classes being able to access more barslots would be downright op.

I hope they´re in the process of reworking problematic mechanics and skills of the class to create something more variable and fun in the end - even though losing overload at the beginning of this process might seem counterintuitive at first. It´s a needed step to work on core class design issues imo.

Same here.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said as much in the last class rep meeting according to the transcript. My guess is that this is just to calm down the masses though. They couldn’t give a timeframe although the class reps specifically asked. I’m not hopeful.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to your logic, the destruction of the Frags core mechanic back then was a good idea, too, because it prepared for work on core class skills like Runecage.

Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oooh. Now there's a way of looking at it.

I think you very optimistic dude but that could well have legs.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

According to your logic, the destruction of the Frags core mechanic back then was a good idea, too, because it prepared for work on core class skills like Runecage.

No, he didn't day that. Grabs was a crap idea as was the cage buff > nerf x 5 fiasco.

His point is the skills are medicore but we did have access to a load of then on 3rd bar. If boundless, mines, conversion were all mega buffed then it would have been too much. Now they know we probably have one or other as no space they can boost em up.

I'm not holding my breath. But it could work out
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somebody proposed Undaunted ultimate that would have the third bar function of overload. That's a pretty good idea IMO.
    You have to sacrifice an ultimate slot in order to have third bar, and it's not a class-locked feature.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 16, 2018 9:08AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody proposed Undaunted ultimate that would have the third bar function of overload. That's a pretty good idea IMO.
    You have to sacrifice an ultimate slot in order to have third bar, and it's not a class-locked feature.

Awesome idea. Let’s give a unique class feature to everyone, whether they need it or not. Homogenization doesn’t lead to classes being more fun.

Can we move Cloak to the Mages Guild, Breath of Life to the Psijic Guild, Battle Roar to the Fighters Guild and Shimmering Shield to the Undaunted Skill Lines then too?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Awesome idea. Let’s give a unique class feature to everyone, whether they need it or not. Homogenization doesn’t lead to classes being more fun.

Can we move Cloak to the Mages Guild, Breath of Life to the Psijic Guild, Battle Roar to the Fighters Guild and Shimmering Shield to the Undaunted Skill Lines then too?

It has been removed. Not so unique anymore, eh? :trollface:
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are forgetting one important thing. As of next Monday, third bar isn't a class unique feature, it's a non-existent feature. So decide if you'd rather keep it for everyone or remove it all along.

And yes. I'd rather move Cloak to the Mages Guild than to remove it from the game.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 16, 2018 9:28AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

It has been removed. Not so unique anymore, eh? :trollface:

Yes, it has been removed, and that was an absolutely bad decision. Moving a skill to another skill line would also require removing it from the original one. Duplicates are not in the game.

• Heymexa
    Heymexa
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Now this is just a useless ultimate ability. The damage is low to use.
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    This became a thing where everyone is a bit confused. First they took of the extra ultimate out of the overload (this can be justified in a way because for example overload and Balorgh don't work together so Overload was a utility Bar in a way)... then they just straight take the bar away.

They say it's so it feels organic and can weave attacks with the weapon, but you could simply make the weapon abilities work on the overload bar, and have the weaves work with the weapon abilities.

For magsorcs you reduce 50% of the damage making it hit so much less and with Stam Sorc you erase any use at all for it, the light attacks already didn't hit very hard.

So here we are about to go live and they have two morphs that give no choices but only say, sorry we took away 5 abilities from you, just slot an ultimate and play like everyone else. Negate tank for PvP, things like that make it so much more limited.

If they go through with it as it seems they will, we should figure out how to get a utility bar back, maybe for like what I said https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/436143/dont-remove-overload-third-bar-spread-it-to-all-right-thread-page#latest with certain class ultimates, or maybe just an undaunted Ultimate, the utility box or whatever.

Zos please hear us on this, with the introduction of the Psijic line and other good skills, even sorcs pets problem, we need to have a bar even if it means having one less ultimate in essence.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I hope they´re in the process of reworking problematic mechanics and skills of the class to create something more variable and fun in the end

C3P0, what are the odds for this to happen?

200.gif

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

You are forgetting one important thing. As of next Monday, third bar isn't a class unique feature, it's a non-existent feature. So decide if you'd rather keep it for everyone or remove it all along.

And yes. I'd rather move Cloak to the Mages Guild than to remove it from the game.

If anything changed that way, Cloak should go to Legerdemain - non-DLC skill line accessible to all and lore friendly. But at this point, we just need spellcrafting already haha
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is the Tooltip on Overload in the new patch? My current tool tip is 22k I think? I can get it up to 23k buffed. So you're saying I can throw Curse + Reach + OL LA + Frags + OL LA + Execute? Is the weaving clean? In the new patch my tooltip will be around 10-11k?
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tooltipp is around 10k.

Your Rotation is a MagDK's wet dream though.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Tooltipp is around 10k.

Your Rotation is a MagDK's wet dream though.

It's easy to dodge your own projectiles or Annulment through them for magicka regen.