Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

What annoys you most in group Dungeons?

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    I don't mind the speedrun guy when everyone is on the same page. I actually prefer to run this way. However, the guy that insists on speed running when 1 or 2 guys are new and learning really gets to me. I play to the speed of the party if I can. I adjust to go slower if I need to and I'll race to keep up if the rest of the group is doing that. If a guy pulls a pile of mobs that he knows the newbies can't handle then whines when nobody is at the boss to help him, then eventually rages out on the group, that's a lack of understanding of the group. And yes, it works both ways. If someone is purposefully going way too slow and stopping to smell every rose on the way, looting every sack of flour and container and the other 3 just want an average speed run, then he should adjust and keep up.
    Options
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tanks
    Fake tank. Specially cause I heal and most of the time have to run for my life..
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    But.. they're not speedrunning sololy the newer Wolf and Summerset DLC.. ha ha
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    Puzzlenuts wrote: »
    Fake tanks especially for vet. Get tired of running for my life in a boss fight. The speedy run ahead guys I just let them go ahead to die. No reason to try and keep up.

Yeah.. I have 5 tank toons and mostly like to bring those into dungeons and Undaunted run because 4 of my tanks are hybrid dd; I can tank/taunt, take the bosses' damage and AoE all the while dishing damages of my own toon. It is like having a 3rd or half extra dd/dpser. Particulaly, for vet dungeons, it isn't all bad if all 4 are higher or good dd/dpser and can sustain in self-heal. This actually helps because they are 4 x dd versus 2 in traditional group. We tend to roll through vets a lot quicker; granted each can self-heal or rez the dead quick enough. It's still all about teamwork, whether you have a real tank or not.
    Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What annoys me the most is when I drop a destro ulti and somebody drags everything out of it. This happens at world bosses too. Sometimes to the point that the boss resets. Ugh
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tanks
    Fake tanks.

All I ask is that you slot a taunt and hold aggro so my healer doesn't have to heal, buff, DPS, AND tank for you.

If I wanted to tank, I would have queued on my tank.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    Speed runner. I just drop the group if they take off and wont come back.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fake Tanks
    Fake tanks are highly annoying, but the speed run folks are runner-up, lol.
    Options
  • Jinchuu
    Jinchuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tanks
    Voted for fake tank though bad dps is right up there with them, sort of surprised there isn't an option of people too stupid to vote yes to kick players who obviously deserve the boot.
    Unless you are willing to be a mindless sycophant and/or coddle others due to their insecurities prepare to be harrased by the Orwellian enforcers on these forums. You should also try to refrain from using any words more complex than those used by a small child due to the fact that said enforcers have made it clear that their vocabulary pool is aenemic.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can deal with most of the common annoyances, it can be frustrating at time but I just roll with it.

The exception being one you have one of the common annoyances mixed with a jerk (either the annoyance or someone annoyed by them) and you end up with comments, whispers etc. which make you wonder WTF happened to the gaming community.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low DPS
    Fake tanks are bad but Low DPS is the difference of beating a dungeon in reasonable time, it taking hours or not being able to beat the dungeon at all this is such a dps centric game

Fake tanks can be a problem if they don't slot inner fire
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Low DPS
    IMO, there are far more dungeons where having bad DPS makes them slow/painful than there are dungeons where having a bad tank makes them painful... I'm not sure what healers are there for most of the time :)

This is coming from someone who spends 99% of their dungeon time in random veteran dungeon queue PUGs.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
    Options
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the light attack spam guy and the leaves the very second the boss dies guy.

I've learned to work around fake tanks and half-assed healers but I will not put up with light attack spam. I usually give a shout in group and a whisper but if it keeps up, I'll ask to vote kick in any relatively difficult dungeon (vet dlc/vet "II" dungeons/vet hm dungeons past Spindle/Banished/Darkshade/Elden Root). Those folks are just looking for a free ride.

the other easy stuff? Whatever. I'm just there for the keys anyway.
    Edited by boombazookajd on September 17, 2018 1:36PM
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    The speed run guy who complains that you're a fake tank because you aren't running ahead of him, to prep the next boss.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    Speedrun guy, but also when you're trying to do the quest in a normal dungeon, and the group refuses to stay to let you finish the quest. If it's a normal dungeon, be considerate and let people finish the quest.
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tanks
    To be honest, it depends on what dungeon/difficulty I'm doing. So far though the most common annoyance for me has been Fake Tanks. Close second being low DPS. Third being that Speedrun Guy.
    Edited by Numerikuu on September 17, 2018 2:09PM
    Options
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tanks
    There was no option for "other" so I voted for what annoys me 2nd most.

What annoys me first most is that ZoS decided to switch the Normal and Vet dungeon selections around and now I keep selecting normal instead of vet dungeons and then can't queue for 15 minutes due to my own stupidity.

It's my own problem I know but my brain can't seem to stop thinking the first list is the vet list like it used to be.
    My internet is invalid
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Low DPS
    honestly i would have to say that as a dps, low dps in the most annoying thing in the group finder, then after that, fake tank, and the speedrun guy is also pretty annoying.

Never found a sassy healer.
    Options
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low DPS
    Off the list low DPS especially when my meter is saying 60%+ and I'm only pulling 25k-30k and someone comments about the low group DPS. It makes me want to link my DPS meter and be like "well it ain't me".
    As for the other ones;
    fake tank as long as they're staying alive and keeping agro or nuking everything I can stand having a fake tank, I would rather have 3 good DPS and a healer than *** dps and a real tank.
    Sassy healers, if they're a good healer they can be as much of an ass hole as they want but if they're *** I'm going to give it back to them and call them out on it.
    Speedrun guy, as far as I'm concerned if someone wants to speed run and has the DPS to back it up its free loot and I love them for it, I do hate the idiots with *** tier DPS that constantly comments on bad healer, bad tank, bad dps.
    DPS meter linker, honestly dont meet these much myself in WOW it was very common, I suppose in ESO it only tracks your own DPS and group DPS so its harder to not look like a ***.
    Edited by iiYuki on September 17, 2018 2:23PM
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Low DPS
    Low dps and it's not even close. Speedrun guy has good dps and makes the dungeon go more quickly. Fake tank guy also hopefully has good dps and maybe even slotted inner fire thus making the dungeon go even more quickly. Low DPS guy is the only one that consistently wastes the time of others every time he or she queues into a dungeon. They are the worst. Forever and always.
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tanks
    hydrocynus wrote: »
    There was no option for "other" so I voted for what annoys me 2nd most.

What annoys me first most is that ZoS decided to switch the Normal and Vet dungeon selections around and now I keep selecting normal instead of vet dungeons and then can't queue for 15 minutes due to my own stupidity.

It's my own problem I know but my brain can't seem to stop thinking the first list is the vet list like it used to be.

Oof, this. Nothing like queing for over 10-15mins only to realize you joined up for normal...then having to wait an extra 15 for the damn timer to reset.
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like how they have quests in them. Nobody wants to patiently wait while I do quests. I have many quests left undone in dungeons.
    Options
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    That speedrun guy... I'm new and have quest in every dungeon almost. I don't care about the quest story, and I'm clicking through dialog as fast as I can. I just want the skill point. I can often share the quest, so I know I'm not the only one that needs it.

Sometimes I can't interact with the NPC to finish current quest step until some group-NPC dialog has finished. They won't wait for that. They'll go through a door and agro mobs making it so I can't even go through the door until they're done.

These are the guys that take bizarre shortcuts and act like everyone should know them. These guys can survive ridiculous fall damage with these shortcuts.

If I do manage to get to the end and meet all quest conditions, they are promptly exiting the dungeon as quickly as possible. It's a race to turn it in before being booted out. And I can forget about slotting a couple of different skills to level up before I turn in.

I experienced this last night on a normal dungeon. We aren't even talking about vet here. I tried to keep up and rush so as not to put the two speedrunners out, but it just resulted in me being stuck fighting mobs they skipped (putting me further behind), dying from fall damage as I follow them over a cliff to keep up, etc. And just loved the keeping the group in agro so I couldn't use a door to get to the next area. Leaving me and another player behind as we tried to do the quest. Both these guys at CP 780, really should not even have been in the normal dungeon PUG queue.

Especially considering they continued this after multiple requests to wait and making it clear from the start several times we had quest. Not sure if they were idiots or jerks. Probably both since they kept dying at bosses leaving their DPSs behind. And I'm doing 40% to 50% of group DPS consistently... Yeah, I waited until pretty high CP level to start doing dungeons.

I found myself pretty miffed for the first time last night about having over-experienced players doing their pledges on the normal queue. I never thought I'd feel that way, but these two really irritated me. When this has happened in the past, at least they stop and wait if you ask them. Found myself wondering why they were not in vet mode.

/rant
    Options
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sassy Healers
    Whiners, complainers, aggressive blamers, impatient people who don't help, and people who don't take kind advice from others far more experienced. I remember when I was a lowbie DD, so many whiny mostly healers always berating me, asking dps, complaining whenever anyone died or didnt catch on to vet mechanics in 1 or 2 tries. Nowadays if I'm running a dungeon, I stay patient and give simple advice if someone is performing bottom tier poorly. Otherwise if I can carry, I stay quiet and do so. There are still a few vet dungeons that my PvE friends have been cool enough to mostly carry me through and try teaching me the mechanics. If more people tried being humble, everything would go a lot smoother.
    Options
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    That bow player that spams one skill from way over there, so very irritating.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

Options
  • Jinchuu
    Jinchuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tanks
    Jameliel wrote: »
    Whiners, complainers, aggressive blamers, impatient people who don't help, and people who don't take kind advice from others far more experienced. I remember when I was a lowbie DD, so many whiny mostly healers always berating me, asking dps, complaining whenever anyone died or didnt catch on to vet mechanics in 1 or 2 tries. Nowadays if I'm running a dungeon, I stay patient and give simple advice if someone is performing bottom tier poorly. Otherwise if I can carry, I stay quiet and do so. There are still a few vet dungeons that my PvE friends have been cool enough to mostly carry me through and try teaching me the mechanics. If more people tried being humble, everything would go a lot smoother.

So you don't know the mechanics and have to be carried through yet think that others are the problem...
    Unless you are willing to be a mindless sycophant and/or coddle others due to their insecurities prepare to be harrased by the Orwellian enforcers on these forums. You should also try to refrain from using any words more complex than those used by a small child due to the fact that said enforcers have made it clear that their vocabulary pool is aenemic.
    Options
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    I am a tank, so I never deal with fake tanks. I do deal with PvP DPS players a lot and those are really irritating. They're either glass cannons that blame me and the healer when they get killed by every random target mechanic or tanks that don't taunt or deal damage. Fake healers are usually DPS players with a small amount of heals. If everyone is decent at the game, I can just slot my trees on my Warden and we're fine in any normal dungeon. Low DPS players are usually just inexperienced and I'm glad to help them out.

Speedrunners, though... Those take the cake. Only when speedrunners are present will I get told off for actually playing a serious tank. I can't tell you how many fights I've had.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
    Options
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    Low DPS
    Pugging vet BC2 hard mode. At boss 10% health as tank I start gathering daedroths on spawn platform. I get to 8 of them before boss dies. Ugh.
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That guy that posts his DPS after every fight and especially after AOE pulls
    That guy that posts a very good DPS after every fight and especially after AOE pulls and say " Rhaa, I got lag " or " Lel, i'm naked " or " Oh, PVP champion point "

we find this same kind of person in duel, you fight and beat the guy ... and he is like " Good fight but I had lag " or " Could not bar switch but wp "
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    All good choices, but as a tank, speed runners almost always run ahead of me and cause the mobs to aggro out of the pattern I'm used to pulling them from. If they're far enough ahead and they've done it repeatedly, sometimes I'll stay back with the healer and just let the swarm kill them. Petty, but oh well.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options