Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

What annoys you most in group Dungeons?

• TwilightAngel_89
    Fake Tanks
    I joined a random dungeon last week got grouped with mag sorc who set his role as tank but had no taunt 😐 I was the healer and the bosses were attacking me, my job to heal not tank lol
    Options
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Low DPS
    I don't mind a fake tank in a normal dungeon. A lot of them are soloable. Vet dungeon is another story though.
    I never have issues with healers tbh.
    Low DPS sucks
    I don't mind the speedrun guy cause I'm not their to read every piece of lore and talk to every npc. Usually on a pledge and just want it done.

What I DO mind that can affect all of these is not listening. If someone says "I have the quest", then don't spawn out at the end right away. If someone says "I don't know the mechanics", then slow down and help. That's why low dps is the hardest in my opinion because they usually don't know that they're dps is bad. Which means bring up potential improvements gets awkward. Just listening to your team solves most of these IMO.
    Options
  • BeefyMrTips
    BeefyMrTips
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sassy Healers
    Lol sassy healers because dem healers be actin sassy sometimes :D:D:D:D
    Mr. was my Father's name, just the tips is fine.
    Options
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    Low DPS
    So Vet Banished Cells 2 pledge over the weekend. Super easy dungeon right? Nah, not in pugs. Guys, if you are dpsing with a ice staff you're wrong, if you are dpsing without AOEs or DoTs you're going to have a bad time. Also, heavy attacking EVERYTHING doesn't work as good as you think it does.

I usually do pug dungeons at least 15 minutes. I give everyone else that time because I know what I'm doing and my characters are equipped and ready for PvE. That's a benefit I give of non-DLC dungeons.

DLC vet dungeons. If I see a two hander, or an ice staff that's not a tank...I'm out. If I don't see heals being attempted within 2 mins of fighting by a "healer" I'm out. I'm not in a dungeon to help your PvP character get through content.
    Options
  • Hrolfkel
    Hrolfkel
    ✭✭
    Low DPS
    I hate when I'm on my tank or healer and pulling 60% plus of the dps
    Options
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who have no competence in their role and who queue for DLC dungeons.
    Tanks who will cast Immovable, drop Circle of Protection, then stand still for 10 seconds, gapclose to lowest threat trash mob and heavy attack it until a 2H guy uppercuts them.
    Healers who will heavyattack mobs and only start to heal when someone runs out of resources casting their own shields or selfheals.
    DDs who will backpedal towards the beginning of the dungeon after engaing every single trash fight, and will show no signs of understanding what on earth is interrupt.
    Options
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    I mostly queue as a (real) tank. I can endure fake healers but what REALLY gets me is the guy running ahead of me. Yeah maybe you don't need a real tank but stop ruining my job (and ultimately my fun) please!

I often quit the dungeon when this happens, it makes it unbearable for me.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That guy that posts his DPS after every fight and especially after AOE pulls
    ayu_fever wrote: »
    i dont deal with fake tanks, sine i am the tank 9 of 10 times.
    if i dont tank, i am the healer.
    i let the fake tank or speed runner die and refuse to res him.

what i do hate is fake dps.
    a CP11 spamming only bow light attacks has no place in veteran bloodroot forge.
    i vote to kick everytime or i bail.

i am really not elitist, but i dont have 4 hours to do 1 dungeon that should take 30 minutes.
    my time is worth more than that investment of frustration that WILL fail anyway.

While agree, this scenario can't happen since you have to be CP160 anymore to enter Bloodroot forge.
    Options
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tanks
    As a healer, the fake tank is the worse for me, especially because the enemies love to jump on the healer. Even when I am going as DPS, I end up doing all three jobs when the fake tank shows up. Last time I ran with one, the guy admitted to be a fake tank by saying "XD" when accused. We kicked him and he called us a*holes. Well, he was the main a*hole first. We kicked him in the last boss :P we could do the previous bosses with(out) him.
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot the "sight seeing" person. They are the polar opposite of the speed runner. They have to read every book, look in ever container, touch every pixel even when they have done the dungeon hundreds of times.
    Options
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    Definitely speedrunners. They ruin the dungeon for everyone. Can't believe low dps is leading. There are only a handful of dlc vet dungeons that even have a dps check. These must be the speedrunners looking to zip thru everything as quickly as possible, regardless of how difficult the dungeon actually is.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
    Options
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The speedrun guy
    Gotta go with the speedrun guy here. I don't queue for dungeons to watch other people play.

Fake tank is a close 2nd though...
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    Fake tanks, and fake healers. But I see mostly fake tanks in my experience.

I had a dungeon recently where the guy was "guys I am a fake tank, but if we can't do it i will just leave" that attitude stinks imo because he is basically admitting without shame that he was too lazy to queue up like everyone else and if it does not work he is perfectly happy to leave and make his team wait AGAIN for a tank.

Had a non-vet run which usually is not a thing, but the adds were all over the healer (AI was having a really good day, apparently) and so I ask in chat "hey, is your taunt not working" and get endless grief about how no one ever needs a "real tank" in normal mode and how I'm [insert many personal and profane insults] for asking.

The others in the group initially didn't really care, but eventually the guy/gal was just so annoying in group chat that "vote to kick" solved it.

Replacement was a really interesting NB tank with some kind of odd build - did the job well, tho.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options