Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dwarves as a new race.

Wizhunter
Wizhunter
✭✭
I would love them to bring Dwarves into the game as a new race especially as Dwarves seem to have a lot of history in Tamriel, Plus I think they would be a good race to play. What do you guys think ?

Wiz
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it come with a magk flintlock?
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Unfortunately, with the sole apparent exception being one outlier in Morrowind (who shows up in the game Morrowind), dwarves are no longer officially in existence, due to lore. Sorry about that.

@Alassirana
    SneakyBo, ExSO_Gold, Demure Dragon Dealings
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have them.. the wood elves :D
    Edited by GreenhaloX on September 14, 2018 12:34PM
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not. I can’t imagine them doing anything this lore breaking.
  • Wizhunter
    Wizhunter
    ✭✭
    Does it come with a magk flintlock?

I don't see a problem with them having old style Muskets and stuff infact I think it would add something to the game :)
  • Queenmab
    Queenmab
    ✭✭
    There are lore issues with that idea, I believe. If I look at it independent of that though, I would love to see the Dwemer and get the story of their disappearance (more than just the hints we’ve had in the past).

But the problem is how are all the rando Dwemers now just running around Tamriel when they were thought to be extinct?
  • Wizhunter
    Wizhunter
    ✭✭
    Never thought of the lore, sorry guys. I just thought they might be a nice race to play but nvm.

Wiz
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Absolutely not. I can’t imagine them doing anything this lore breaking.

Unless they can make a pretty penny from it.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome idea. they could maybe use a timeportal or something to a dwarven time and dwarven zone. to maintain Lore :)

Edited by Ilithyania on September 14, 2018 12:38PM
    PC
  • Alowishus
    Alowishus
    ✭✭✭
    If you could make Nords small enough, you would essentially have dwarves...alas, they are just too hearty a people..
    ESO Wishlist: Housing (Thank you!) Jewelrycrafting (Thank you!) Hand-to-hand skill line.
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    Bring in the FALMER!!!!!! Snow elves to the rescue......
  • Alowishus
    Alowishus
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh the Falmer as a playable race with the maomer and the sloads and the daedra...we may have makings of a new pvp system ala horde vs alliance
    ESO Wishlist: Housing (Thank you!) Jewelrycrafting (Thank you!) Hand-to-hand skill line.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwarves are no longer in existance in the lore, but I see nereids in Craglorn and I'd really like to play one of those. There's nothing like a spunky half naked chick floating around. ;)
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HELL YES!! Pwent ftw!!!!
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    The dwemer not being here is what makes this game so awesome. When you get that, you are in Tamriel.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wasn't there one in wrothgar?
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    According to lore, the only dwarf currently alive was actually out of the main 'plane' at the time of the dwemer disappearance. From what I've read, he's most likely in Morrowind somewhere, but the exact location is uncertain right now.

@Alassirana
    SneakyBo, ExSO_Gold, Demure Dragon Dealings
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    wasn't there one in wrothgar?

Spoiler

There's one left. Everyone who's played elder scrolls knows that. And got his damned boots for him.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone went long and tossed him into red mountain. So, No.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They cannot be summoned in any way. That very skilled necromancer mon in fang lair has determined their souls are beyond reach.

She has summoned and commanded the souls of many people, things, including ancient very powerful beings. But no dwemer has ever answered.

Edit: which leads me to think that the solitary dwarf left does not actually count as dwemer anymore, maybe.
    Edited by Cryptical on September 14, 2018 1:27PM
    Xbox NA
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're called Dwemer and dont look like normal fantasy Dwarves.
    Giants called the Dwemer Dwarves because they were so small compared to them.

Dwemer are Elves that lived underground, its not like they're short and thic like commonly known Dwarves.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dwemer are Elves that lived underground, its not like they're short and thic like commonly known Dwarves.

That explains why all those Skyrim shelves were about twenty feet high.
    Edited by pdblake on September 14, 2018 1:33PM
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The great thing about the Dwemer is the mystery. Without the mystery, they're just nerdy elves.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizhunter wrote: »
    I would love them to bring Dwarves into the game as a new race especially as Dwarves seem to have a lot of history in Tamriel, Plus I think they would be a good race to play. What do you guys think ?
    I think...
    327.gif

And that you really should take a quick course in elder scrolls lore... like I put together: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422285/new-player-race-possibilities/p1
    ...the relevant part:
    Dwemer
    The deep elves are long gone in this era (with one exception), and they won't be coming back for as far as anyone knows - even in games set a thousand years later, noone has ever recorded seeing another living dwemer (and they would have, seeing how its one of the great mysteries of tamriel, and anyone who found out could have gotten free drinks from the fame along for life).
    Only way we will see them is in some "flashback" quest, like the nedes or chimer - which is entirely possible. But never as player characters without some serious lore breakage.

• StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm against of them to be playable race, why not to make a story about remote island or secret cave where some of them are still hiding/living? I don't see the violation of lore in such case.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

I can only presume that it's Dwemer, but this is one of the very few statues (maybe only) I've seen of them. It's near the entrance to Arkngthunch-Sturdumz and wearing Dwemer robes and hood/mask and holding a Dwemer shield.

163457krrjdjecjlttjydj.jpg
    Edited by Number_51 on September 14, 2018 1:56PM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no mystery of why the Dwemer disappeared. They disappeared after Cagranack hit the heart of Lorken with the tool of Cagranack during the war with the Chimer(Dark Elves).

The Chimmer were about to breach the strong hold on Red Mountain and in a last desperation attempt to gain more power Cagranack used the tools. All the Dwemer disappeared instantly at the moment that Cagranack hit the heart of Lorken.

Keep in mind the heart of Lorken is the same artifact that the Tribunal used to become living gods. This is also the reason that the Chimmer became the dark elves. Their skin was forever changed after the Tribunal used the heart...
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizhunter wrote: »

Wiz

LOL yes lore breaking it is. but the real reason they don't exist is due to technology being so garbage in 1992 they could not make dwarven models that looked good . I think Zenimax kinda kicks themselves now. we really don't need races we need role and class diversity. Dwemer remenants being everywhere with no dwarves . apparently they are on a different planet from what most theorize
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm against of them to be playable race, why not to make a story about remote island or secret cave where some of them are still hiding/living? I don't see the violation of lore in such case.

It is lore breaking because of what happened to them. The only reason the dwarf in Morrowind is still around is because he was in another plane when Kagrenac used his tools, while the rest collectively vanished. The metaphysics behind where they went and why is fascinating if not too deep and complex to post on these forums. You should never see another Dwemer in game because of what happened to them, and I'm not convinced they would be able to be seen if you were to go back in time as some of the posters here suggested because of what did happen to them.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwarf is always my first choice in any MMO that has that race, but TES doesn't have dwarves in the traditional sense and to introduce them in ESO would be wholly inappropriate.
This discussion has been closed.