Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Dwarves as a new race.

• CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think new races are totally fine, as long as they're races that are currently relevant and might make sense for where we are at in the ESO timeline. As of right now, the only playable race I could see added that would make some sense is the Maormer.

Now the entire crown store thing, I don't really get. I think these cosmetic mounts and pets should not have to follow the lore i any way shape or form. They are not lore friendly and they shouldn't be required to be. They should make our mounts, pets, and costumes as bad*** as possible, whether or not it follows the lore, because these are things that don't actually affect the in-game timeline. Adding a race, however, obviously does.

Edited by CyberSkooma on September 17, 2018 4:58PM
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Falmer would make sense too.

In Skyrim, only two of them are alive, but a larger number existed till a few centuries before the dragons returned.

Since ESO takes place about 1000 years earlier, this would make sense.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    I can see Wizhunter disappearing from his job and waking up in a brightly lit - yet comfortably appointed - British-style library deep beneath ZOS headquarters.

Sitting across from him, monocle perched and pipe in hand is Lawrence Schick. His rumbling bass tones announce, "So, Wiz. I understand you're under the impression that the Dwemer can just 'pop up' anywhere willy-nilly in the Elder Scrolls timeline. Care to comment?"

Anyone else ever wonder whether or not Lawrence Schick would make one hell of a DM for DnD?

I mean hell he LOOKs like a wizard

As said, not only did he work for TSR, he worked with Gary Gygax in designing the original D&D Box Set and also wrote modules for TSR.
    a1tpwz.jpg

As far as Dwemer Playable races....No. Too lore breaking.
    Guns in ESO.. BIG NO!! Stop trying to make ESO like the cartoony WoW. We don't want WoW.
    Falmer/Snow Elves~ No. They are already the mindless creatures we saw in Skyrim at this time period.

As far as ESO lore, Matt Fior said in a recent interview that ZoS and Bethesda are in communication daily to insure that Lore stays canon..
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Dwarves erased themselves from existence during the battle of red mountain in the first era. So we're well beyond that at this point, and since TES games all take place past ESO's current timeline, it would make no sense at all to suddenly bring them back.
    Tiber Septim (Talos) rose to power during the second era though, so I'm personally still waiting for some DLC about Hjaltii Early-Beard 😉

Except that Tiber won't be born for another 300 years from the time line of ESO, so no, we probably wont see him in any ESO DLC's.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Wizhunter
    Wizhunter
    ✭✭
    I just thought that the Dwarves would be a good race to play, I never give much thought to lore really. It would be a nice change from zombies. Almost every game I have played has zombies in it and I hate them, they just ruin games imho, unless it's a game about the evil dead or haunted houses they should be kept out of games. I used to play Red Dead Redemption and they even brought zombies into that. They are always hinting at Warhammer so thought that Dwarves would be acceptable in ESO, it was just an idea, They were my favourite race in Warcraft so would of liked to see them in this game. What is the Link between the total war franchise and ESO ?.
    I do like the Total War games and have played them since Time Commander was on the telly back in the day :)

Wiz
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lore
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Alarde
    Alarde
    ✭✭✭
    I like the dwarves in the off-game set as they always have been. For me, thats where the charm of the race comes from. To think that we could have a race like them on the other hand would add so much lore, answers and new mechanics that i don't think its even viable.

If the dwarvens would still exist, Nirn would drastically change forever in a way that most people wouldnt like, but all of them would have to accept.
  • Wizhunter
    Wizhunter
    ✭✭
    Do they add Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies to make the game more attractive to the younger players ?.

Wiz
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizhunter wrote: »
    Do they add Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies to make the game more attractive to the younger players ?.

Wiz

Uhhhh they implement them into the lore because they're cool
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizhunter wrote: »

Wiz

Those have all been a part of the setting for over 20 years...
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queenmab wrote: »
    There are lore issues with that idea, I believe. If I look at it independent of that though, I would love to see the Dwemer and get the story of their disappearance (more than just the hints we’ve had in the past).

But the problem is how are all the rando Dwemers now just running around Tamriel when they were thought to be extinct?

Maybe a skill line and some weapons as part of a back story to tell, maybe sotha sil could rig up some steam powered 3D projector in a long abandoned dwemer town , create a museum where we can bring artifacts.

Make it very steam.punk as sotha sil will have replicated the items or skills in some way ...

Also make them clunky and not work to help sell the idea and not have ZoS look stupid for making another broken skill line
  • GeneraLandon
    Hmmmm. What happened to the dwemer m
    Edited by GeneraLandon on December 2, 2020 8:49AM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unholy necromancy.... didn't you read the date on the thread???
  • GeneraLandon

Sure did. But theres always a lurker around to respond :smile:
    Edited by GeneraLandon on December 2, 2020 9:17AM
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of asking in the forum what happened to the race, a question which is impossble to answer briefly, try a Google for "elder scrolls dwarwes", and you will get this very informative link as the first hit:
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Dwemer
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sure did. But theres always a lurker around to respond :smile:

Since we are asked by the devs to not necro threads, just make a new one and ask next time :smile:
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would absolutely LOVE to play a Dwemer.
    One of the things I dislike about ESO vs most other MMO's is that there are no "small" races to play (and lets be real, Bosmer are forgettable).
    I love playing Goblins and Gnomes in wow. Asura in Guild Wars 2, Hobbit for my brief time in LOTR, Chua in Wildstar etc.

That being said.
    WcpIUga.png
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don’t need to officially add one (and break the lore), players can just go and create one on their own.

50588134148_851f02ab88_k.jpg

50588134278_b2a9041669_k.jpg
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.