Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dwarves as a new race.

• AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a single player Elder Scrolls game set in the past exploring the Dwemer in more detail. One of the most interesting races and they're mostly extinct... :P

I think it would suit a single player setting more than ESO.
    Edited by AlienSlof on September 14, 2018 2:16PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're called Dwemer and dont look like normal fantasy Dwarves.
    Giants called the Dwemer Dwarves because they were so small compared to them.

Dwemer are Elves that lived underground, its not like they're short and thic like commonly known Dwarves.

http://eldorf.tripod.com/Morrowind/eldorf069.html only in game model of a dwarf you will find. a lot of Zenimax's lore was written after the orignal games. though there were tons of it in game via books we are dealing with revisonist history based on fitiing the game that already existed. TES Arena was an accident. it was originaly just a small game that was arena based combat. it became an open world RPG by mistake lol
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well there are no Dwarfs (Dwemer) on Tamriel anymore....

There are other continents on Nirn and other planes of existence as well...

....we will have to wait and see. :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is the matter of Arniel Gane.
    Xbox NA
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will never happen. Dwarves are all extinct, except for one Yagrum Bagarn. If they were going to bring him back they would have done so in Morrowind. He is most likely in another realm or wandering Tamriel looking for the other dwarves still.
    Edited by AuraNebula on September 14, 2018 3:42PM
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s possible they never left, have been there all along, and that we interact with them often.

The heart was used to grant divinity. It might have done so to the dwemer. If only there were a countless number of divine beings floating around...

From the lore, dwemer care not one whit for the inconveniences of others, and make heavy demands such as taking the eyes and very faculties of the snow elves, turning their elf brothers into Falmer. How very daedric of an attitude.

And since time works differently for the Daedra, they easily might not be stuck in linear time.

They could have been turned into the daedric princes, Demi princes, etc.
    Edited by Cryptical on September 14, 2018 4:36PM
    Xbox NA
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    It’s possible they never left, have been there all along, and that we interact with them often.

The heart was used to grant divinity. It might have done so to the dwemer. If only there were a countless number of divine beings floating around...

From the lore, dwemer care not one whit for the inconveniences of others, and make heavy demands such as taking the eyes and very faculties of the snow elves, turning their elf brothers into Falmer. How very daedric of an attitude.

And since time works differently for the Daedra, they easily might not be stuck in linear time.

The Dwarves also had very high opinions of themselves. If they did succeed in becoming immortal after Kragnarec struck the heart of Lorkhan, I can't imagine them not flaunting the fact that they have become a daedric entity.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too lore breaking but not impossible since these guys can make up something to make it possible. Albeit, I don’t see it happening in eso before the single player game.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dwemer ("dwarves") are the worst thing to ever happen to the Elder Scrolls universe. Hopefully no future ES titles will expand upon them and ESO will stop making dwemer content.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    The dwemer ("dwarves") are the worst thing to ever happen to the Elder Scrolls universe. Hopefully no future ES titles will expand upon them and ESO will stop making dwemer content.

They never really made all that much Dwemer content in the first place.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • ictopbasli
    ictopbasli
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares lore? We need more contents. If playing with Dwemer race is against you, then don't play with them. Simple is that.
    Edited by ictopbasli on September 14, 2018 5:09PM
    Thalmor rules!
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

Why do you say that? They are a huge part of the lore, and I find it very fascinating. There is not much dwemer content except for the old ruins left behind.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to play a Lilmothiit, a Falmer, a Maormer and a Reachman.

Don't forget to bring different vampire bloods, werebears and werelions as well.

#stupiddemand #tosgetrekt
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ictopbasli wrote: »
    Who cares lore? We need more contents. If playing with Dwemer race is against you, then don't play with them. Simple is that.

No.

There are other things they could expand upon besides breaking the single biggest mystery in the Elder Scrolls universe.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ictopbasli wrote: »

No.

There are other things they could expand upon besides breaking the single biggest mystery in the Elder Scrolls universe.

I would attribute that to what happens when all of the towers fall, considering that now ZOS has acknowledged towers as official lore in the Psijic quests
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They combined their souls to become the metal skin of the Numidium, and wanted other races to follow in their footsteps to become the limitless spirits everyone is a fragment of.
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    I’d like ZOS to introduce a race who could have abilities based on ice ... damage / protection and healing ... everything based on ice :) it could be the introduction of the snow elves who could control the icy abilities ... or the Maomer who could manipulate the abilities based on water :) longing forward to properly create the God of the ice ( wintry powers ) and a type of Poseidon :)
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They combined their souls to become the metal skin of the Numidium, and wanted other races to follow in their footsteps to become the limitless spirits everyone is a fragment of.

That's not fact but just a theory. A well thought out one, but we do not know that is exactly what happened to them.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizhunter wrote: »
    I would love them to bring Dwarves into the game as a new race especially as Dwarves seem to have a lot of history in Tamriel, Plus I think they would be a good race to play. What do you guys think ?

Wiz

As cool as it would be to add dwemer to the list of playable races, lore wise it wouldn't work. There are more viable races on Nirn that could be added like the Moamer, the races of Akavir, and other beast mer races.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not fact but just a theory. A well thought out one, but we do not know that is exactly what happened to them.

Of course but it's the best theory we have, also was "confirmed" by Kirkbride if you put any stock into what he says. He wrote that lore but they could always change it I guess. I hope they don't because I really like that explaination
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it come with a magk flintlock?

And Dwemer Power Armor and Arm Cannons, you can never forget those.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course but it's the best theory we have, also was "confirmed" by Kirkbride if you put any stock into what he says. He wrote that lore but they could always change it I guess. I hope they don't because I really like that explaination

Uuntil it's in game it is not cannon. I dislike that most people just use it as cannon. Even if Krikbride confirmed it. I also don't like that explanation as it is pretty disappointing that the numidium is eventually destroyed and therefore the dwemer. It's just not that satisfying imo.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see Wizhunter disappearing from his job and waking up in a brightly lit - yet comfortably appointed - British-style library deep beneath ZOS headquarters.

Sitting across from him, monocle perched and pipe in hand is Lawrence Schick. His rumbling bass tones announce, "So, Wiz. I understand you're under the impression that the Dwemer can just 'pop up' anywhere willy-nilly in the Elder Scrolls timeline. Care to comment?"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They cannot be summoned in any way. That very skilled necromancer mon in fang lair has determined their souls are beyond reach.

She has summoned and commanded the souls of many people, things, including ancient very powerful beings. But no dwemer has ever answered.

Edit: which leads me to think that the solitary dwarf left does not actually count as dwemer anymore, maybe.
    Since he is alive he can not be summoned by an necromancer.
    Now daedra can be summoned while alive but he is no daedra.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Wizhunter disappearing from his job and waking up in a brightly lit - yet comfortably appointed - British-style library deep beneath ZOS headquarters.

Sitting across from him, monocle perched and pipe in hand is Lawrence Schick. His rumbling bass tones announce, "So, Wiz. I understand you're under the impression that the Dwemer can just 'pop up' anywhere willy-nilly in the Elder Scrolls timeline. Care to comment?"

Anyone else ever wonder whether or not Lawrence Schick would make one hell of a DM for DnD?

I mean hell he LOOKs like a wizard
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    Anyone else ever wonder whether or not Lawrence Schick would make one hell of a DM for DnD?

I mean hell he LOOKs like a wizard
    If he ever finds himself unemployed, I'm going to do my best to hire him as my personal bed-time story reader...

<3o:)<3
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uuntil it's in game it is not cannon. I dislike that most people just use it as cannon. Even if Krikbride confirmed it. I also don't like that explanation as it is pretty disappointing that the numidium is eventually destroyed and therefore the dwemer. It's just not that satisfying imo.
    Just because it isn't in game now doesn't mean it won't be, lots of evidence in game towards that theory. They will probably never outright say it anyway. Also the Numidium is basically a god, destroying it is not the same as destroying the average Dwemer construct. Anything with the power to cause dragon breaks upon activation is not something that can be destroyed in such a mundane fashion. Also I agree I don't think we should take everything Kirkbride says as cannon *cough* KINMUNE *cough* but he still does influence the elder scrolls universe somewhat no matter if I or you like it or not. At this point it's going to have to come down to agree to disagree
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just because it isn't in game now doesn't mean it won't be, lots of evidence in game towards that theory. They will probably never outright say it anyway. Also the Numidium is basically a god, destroying it is not the same as destroying the average Dwemer construct. Anything with the power to cause dragon breaks upon activation is not something that can be destroyed in such a mundane fashion. Also I agree I don't think we should take everything Kirkbride says as cannon *cough* KINMUNE *cough* but he still does influence the elder scrolls universe somewhat no matter if I or you like it or not. At this point it's going to have to come down to agree to disagree

Things Kirkbride has written have become canon though so that's not also something to entirely discount.

E.g., towers
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    The only way they would be a playable race is if they appear in a future game, set not only after the events of ESO, but Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

So, what I am trying to say is, you will need to accept that they will never be coming to ESO for lore reasons.

Also, side note, their disappearance is one of my favorite bits of background lore through the whole series.
    Edited by Ir0nB34r on September 14, 2018 6:49PM
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • WhipSmartMcoy
    WhipSmartMcoy
    ✭✭✭
    The Dwarves erased themselves from existence during the battle of red mountain in the first era. So we're well beyond that at this point, and since TES games all take place past ESO's current timeline, it would make no sense at all to suddenly bring them back.
    Tiber Septim (Talos) rose to power during the second era though, so I'm personally still waiting for some DLC about Hjaltii Early-Beard 😉
This discussion has been closed.