The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

HDR broke on xbox since wolfhunter? EDIT: Patch coming early october

• Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't do small patches on console because they don't hire anyone who can build an update system that would allow them to apply a small patch. But I w ould gladly deal with their bloated 100 GB patches just to get my graphics back.
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Oddly just seen this IS the official HDR thread lol. ESO twitter is pointing to it.....

Unreal.

Crazy stuff... just further demonstrates they dont give a damn about console players, just if console players reactions are negative enough to impact ZoS reputation.
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    ...Does the game still look great? Yes.
    No.
    There are far more important things to be making petitions for in game and you choose to discuss HDR?
    When someone buys over $2,000 worth of gear to display this "luxury" post-announcement, and then it's suddenly removed without warning, I think you'll agree that some people have every right to be pretty upset.
    Krayl wrote: »
    ...I literally bought a PS4 pro and a 4k TV to play this game with HDR visuals.
    You're not alone. I did too.

A "Hey. we're sorry and we'll make it right in the next patch" would be almost acceptable. Kicking the can down the road with a vague "Oh well, maybe someday" attitude simply isn't.

Its not that they will even fix it... they said compromise which could mean youll learn to live with it plus a very minor tweak... now buy some crates.
  • ProfoundlyFaded
    ProfoundlyFaded
    Soul Shriven
    I will happily call you a liar at this point. You bought a PS4 Pro and a 4k TV to play the game in 4K. If you just wanted HDR then you would have bought a standard PS4 given they have HDR support.

I guess you haven't been TV shopping lately. 4K is the standard these days for any large TV, so if I am bothering to upgrade the TV why would I not upgrade to a pro, which is also faster performance.

Well, I'd argue the 'why not to upgrade to a pro' would be that the PS5 to alleged to be coming out before 2020 making your 'investment' of the PS4 Pro obsolete within 18-24 months or so.

Ultimately, you would have probably made a better investment by building a new gaming PC that you could update the hardware on than buying a PS4 Pro this late into Console Cycle.
  • blunned
    blunned
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn’t bring myself to play ESO tonight. Overall just really disappointed in the radio silence from ZOS over this issue other than two less than subpar “updates.” I know it’s not the community managers’ faults because I’m sure they are told what they can and can’t say, and I personally think being a community manager for a game with this many problems and a company that is driven by greed must be amazingly hard. I think this (nonexistent) level of communication for console issues will be the norm from here on out and I refuse to give any more money to them.

I had a lot of fun in Tamriel and don’t think my time was wasted. I wasn’t even close to ready to move on yet, but there are way too many signs here to ignore. This simply is a game and a company I do not want to support anymore. If I had PC add-ons to compensate for the baffling UI decisions and glaring flaws in the design this HDR issue would not have been enough to make me leave, but I just don’t trust they know what they’re doing anymore or have any kind of understanding about what’s important to the console player base (breaking HDR and we can now rearrange our characters on the login screen while still having no search function in a guild trader or minimap - it’s baffling and embarrassing). Time to get out. Instead of playing ESO I loaded up Destiny 2 for the first time in 5-6 months and had an absolute blast.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you. I have never been one to talk quitting etc. and to many how the game 'looks' may be a small thing, but without going into my life story too far....

I saw ESO in 4K and HDR at a friends and was wowed. I took 6 months to make the jump to X1X. ESO is my only game as I have very limited play time. I researched the right TV to get to work well for gaming, and ended up needing a new 4K AV receiver to manage everything (including HDR) my whole main room AV setup was pretty much around getting the best ESO experience I could. Some would say thats sad, I dont. I love the game and want the best experience - AND of course I benefit from the AV setup for other content (bar free 4K tho that isnt very much!)

Since installing i've bought items from the Crown store because they look cool. They dont now. For me its two things
    1. no justification given on the decsion for the change
    - were the saturations causing issues? bugs, lag? things we couldnt see
    - did a designer just decide it didnt look right?
    Understanding the reasoning might help us accept it.
    2. communication.
    - I too feel for the community team as its a tough, thankless job. but ZOS as a brand should be handling this better. As currently the priority its given and the comms feels low.

To finish i'll say what we enjoy and whats important to us is personal. I couldnt give two hoots it people exploit a trial. I know its bad, and for those that care its a big deal. And got a sticky. I care about HDR, as do every single person with a 4K console and HDR screen. AND we have a direct financial impact to the change, not just lost 'in game points / kudos'

I wont say i'll quit. However all further spend is on hold untill I know what i'm buying. As right now, graphically i'm being misold.

Sorry if this is all too dramatic for many. But i'm off the back of a stressfull AV install and spent for this.

Lastly, I DO appriciate the PAX conference and Gina's effort to come back to us. but I feel her hands are tied

Edit - tagging @ZOS_RobGarrett for attention (apologies if incorrectly directed)
    Edited by Beardimus on September 6, 2018 7:12AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hear you. I have never been one to talk quitting etc. and to many how the game 'looks' may be a small thing, but without going into my life story too far....

I saw ESO in 4K and HDR at a friends and was wowed. I took 6 months to make the jump to X1X. ESO is my only game as I have very limited play time. I researched the right TV to get to work well for gaming, and ended up needing a new 4K AV receiver to manage everything (including HDR) my whole main room AV setup was pretty much around getting the best ESO experience I could. Some would say thats sad, I dont. I love the game and want the best experience - AND of course I benefit from the AV setup for other content (bar free 4K tho that isnt very much!)

Since installing i've bought items from the Crown store because they look cool. They dont now. For me its two things
    1. no justification given on the decsion for the change
    - were the saturations causing issues? bugs, lag? things we couldnt see
    - did a designer just decide it didnt look right?
    Understanding the reasoning might help us accept it.
    2. communication.
    - I too feel for the community team as its a tough, thankless job. but ZOS as a brand should be handling this better. As currently the priority its given and the comms feels low.

To finish i'll say what we enjoy and whats important to us is personal. I couldnt give two hoots it people exploit a trial. I know its bad, and for those that care its a big deal. And got a sticky. I care about HDR, as do every single person with a 4K console and HDR screen. AND we have a direct financial impact to the change, not just lost 'in game points / kudos'

I wont say i'll quit. However all further spend is on hold untill I know what i'm buying. As right now, graphically i'm being misold.

Sorry if this is all too dramatic for many. But i'm off the back of a stressfull AV install and spent for this.

Lastly, I DO appriciate the PAX conference and Gina's effort to come back to us. but I feel her hands are tied

This is pretty much where I am also.

I have unsubscribed as I only sub month to month on Xbox.

I love this game, but this HDR issue is a deal breaker for me. And the lack of and basically inadequate communication just adds to it.

What I find probably most surprising is some fellow gamers seeming to enjoy us losing the graphical enhancement to the game. Even if an issue doesn’t affect me, I always to try to support my fellow gamers.

I’m just gutted to be honest, I loved this game, pretty much all I played.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed @happyhughes2001 i'm suprised by those saying 'pc master race', 'turn your colour up', 'its not important' etc.

but then on my charactor loading screen seqence thread people love to point out how useless that change is despite the clear joy its brought to many.

Gamers are a tough and fickle crowd. If they backed each other it would be a better scene
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    agreed @happyhughes2001 i'm suprised by those saying 'pc master race', 'turn your colour up', 'its not important' etc.

but then on my charactor loading screen seqence thread people love to point out how useless that change is despite the clear joy its brought to many.

Gamers are a tough and fickle crowd. If they backed each other it would be a better scene

Yeah would be nice if gamers supported each other more. We get enough grief from non gamers, especially the media. You would think that would bring gamers together more.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    They had to investigate in order to understand why hdr wasn't working properly and then all of a sudden "Oh, no worries guys, it was intended!"
    Seriously folks, give up, these guys have no idea what they're doing, we still have bugs from 2, 3 and even 4 years ago, and there are still ppl out there having massive frame drops post summerset launch.
    If you're looking for technical quality, move along, this is not the game for you.
    At best, eso is a mediocre game, technically speaking, at best.
    Either they fire the entire troupe or nothing is going to change.
    Edited by MinarasLaure on September 6, 2018 7:35AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just more proof that they don't test on regular consoles and TV's. Which is a real shame and disgrace.

To me this also falls in the same category of not updating/improving the UI since they don't ever really spend anytime playing on that format. So why should they even care about it or us.

I feel taken for granted that I will just take whatever they give me and be happy about.

Yeah you went to a conference and had fun but what about the majority of us who don't go to your events but rather pay and play your game. I love eso but sometimes you make it hard to do so.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still can’t get over how bad the game looks post update.

Baffles me that they are in no rush to fix it, if they are even going to fix it at all!

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried turning off my HDR and it looked even worse. So I then tried changing the HDR settings - range and colour - and got it looking... not the same, possibly more saturated? At any rate it's no longer washed out.

Suggest people try it.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    The broken HDR on consoles looks so horrible post update.

Communication has been poor and inconsistent.

1. We have had the missing patch notes.

2. Then we had the intended but unintended consequences post.

3. Then we had a post saying it is staying as is. We will try a compromise but no timeframe post.

It makes absolutely no sense that the premium console experience has been visually downgraded to this degree.

The standard Xbox version looks better than the Xbox one x version on my tv post update
  • built2last1967
    built2last1967
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I read you recent post. About how you and ZOS realize the HDR is broken. However, you will leave as it until a possible fix. For me Graphics are the number one reason I play a game. As others, I purchased an Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition) and a new 4K HDR TV. Both are in my game room to play games, specifically ESO. As others, I too cannot play the game since the update. It is horrible looking. It even looks worse than my original ESO on my original XBOX One. I have not played since the update. I have been playing Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed Origins and other 4K HDR Enhanced games.

A lot of people are like "it is just the graphics, get over it". Obviously they do not have a 4K HDR device or graphics just are not that important to them. But for us, it is. My ESO subscription ends on 9/13. If the communication is the same, "we know its broke, we are not going to fix right now" I will be ending my ESO Plus and shelving the game. I have been playing since launch and would continue to play, but graphics are that important. I wasn't looking forward to Assasin's Creed Odyssey, but I have seen the game and its graphics and HDR look phenomenal. Hopefully, you will listen to your gamers and have better news for us before others do the same and you start to lose revenue on ESO.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disappointing to see that comms has not been prominent or forthcoming on this

the game looks dull, dreadful and washed out. its a real shade of its former self

As a senior IT manager in a large corporation, i can tell you its the "touchy-feely things" that annoy a user base much more more than "under the bonnet" functionality.

this incident is a case of the former - and if ZoS have any sence whatsoever , then they would fully address this at the earliest opportunity.

but lets be clear - it certainly is NOT working as intended.

• madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you look at ESO in the store it says "Xbox One X Enhanced" then has a 4k and an HDR icon. They should be forced to take the HDR icon off of any of their products.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you look at ESO in the store it says "Xbox One X Enhanced" then has a 4k and an HDR icon. They should be forced to take the HDR icon off of any of their products.

Exactly. Currently my standard Xbox looks better than Xbox one x post update!
  • ecconova
    ecconova
    ✭✭✭
    Here is my take on this. I was one of the really mad customers. I love this game and admit I have invested a couple hundred bucks into the game because I love player housing. In RL I am an artist and work with color both digitally and traditionally I am know for this. When I saw all my hard work on my housing look so bad I was really disappointed. I created my houses with color and light and mixed them to give an overall painting like quality to my house which I am proud of. This change has ruined all that.

However with that said. I decided to tweak my 4k HDR TV setting a little bit and try to stomach the dull world of Tamriel that was dropped upon us HDR players after the last patch. A few glasses of wine help me do that. What I noticed was a more realistic look to Tamriel. There is a beautiful subtle color to it that I slowly started to appreciate. I believe this is the intended look the developers wanted in their art direction. Based on other Elder Scrolls game especially Skyrim there is a gritty more desaturated look and ZeniMax was trying to keep the look of ESO in that style. What I am seeing now is what the developers intended. However it is not the Tamriel I started with.

I would not want to go back to the over saturated world I was accustom to playing in. But I am also not satisfied with what ZeniMax has done with the HDR and color after last update. That is the conundrum, I see their point but miss what I am use to, especially when it comes to my player houses. I have decided not to quit YET and see how this plays out. That is a big compromise for me because I was one of the angriest players after this change. I will not be buying anymore crowns until I see a fair solution offered by ZeniMax but I will continue to subscribe and play for now.

So what is my solution? First an adjustable HDR slider that works that does not only effect high dynamic range but also color saturation these are two different things HDR is not about color saturation. I am not sure if that is possible but ZeniMaz has genius programmers and maybe they can figure this out. If that is not possible I would like to see the color saturation for HDR users upped by about 30% only. I think that brings back a richness to color that us 4K HDR users are familiar with but not overriding the art style that Zenimax is trying to capture. It was wrong for ZeniMax to just drop this on us but I am seeing a bit more of what their artistic intent was and I get it. So ZeniMax be more transparent and communicate better about this issue. You fundamentally change our experience and we have a right to be mad and want answers. So with caution I am not taking my business elsewhere for now but this needs to be addressed one way or another soon, we as your customers deserve this. Consider about a 30% color boost.

Here is an example of my work if you are interested you can see why color is important to me.
    http://fav.me/dcj9ljm
    http://fav.me/dckhq1o

• happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    ecconova wrote: »
    Here is my take on this. I was one of the really mad customers. I love this game and admit I have invested a couple hundred bucks into the game because I love player housing. In RL I am an artist and work with color both digitally and traditionally I am know for this. When I saw all my hard work on my housing look so bad I was really disappointed. I created my houses with color and light and mixed them to give an overall painting like quality to my house which I am proud of. This change has ruined all that.

However with that said. I decided to tweak my 4k HDR TV setting a little bit and try to stomach the dull world of Tamriel that was dropped upon us HDR players after the last patch. A few glasses of wine help me do that. What I noticed was a more realistic look to Tamriel. There is a beautiful subtle color to it that I slowly started to appreciate. I believe this is the intended look the developers wanted in their art direction. Based on other Elder Scrolls game especially Skyrim there is a gritty more desaturated look and ZeniMax was trying to keep the look of ESO in that style. What I am seeing now is what the developers intended. However it is not the Tamriel I started with.

I would not want to go back to the over saturated world I was accustom to playing in. But I am also not satisfied with what ZeniMax has done with the HDR and color after last update. That is the conundrum, I see their point but miss what I am use to, especially when it comes to my player houses. I have decided not to quit YET and see how this plays out. That is a big compromise for me because I was one of the angriest players after this change. I will not be buying anymore crowns until I see a fair solution offered by ZeniMax but I will continue to subscribe and play for now.

So what is my solution? First an adjustable HDR slider that works that does not only effect high dynamic range but also color saturation these are two different things HDR is not about color saturation. I am not sure if that is possible but ZeniMaz has genius programmers and maybe they can figure this out. If that is not possible I would like to see the color saturation for HDR users upped by about 30% only. I think that brings back a richness to color that us 4K HDR users are familiar with but not overriding the art style that Zenimax is trying to capture. It was wrong for ZeniMax to just drop this on us but I am seeing a bit more of what their artistic intent was and I get it. So ZeniMax be more transparent and communicate better about this issue. You fundamentally change our experience and we have a right to be mad and want answers. So with caution I am not taking my business elsewhere for now but this needs to be addressed one way or another soon, we as your customers deserve this. Consider about a 30% color boost.

Here is an example of my work if you are interested you can see why color is important to me.

The game looks so dull in comparison to pre update.

I didn’t see people complaining about the HDR previously.

I don’t think anything is as intended. They broke it basically.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is my solution? First an adjustable HDR slider that works that does not only effect high dynamic range but also color saturation these are two different things HDR is not about color saturation. I am not sure if that is possible but ZeniMaz has genius programmers and maybe they can figure this out. If that is not possible I would like to see the color saturation for HDR users upped by about 30% only.
    ^ This.

I miss the beautiful sunsets and green grass in Tamriel. After the change, all the sunsets are just light grey. I want some color back please, and providing users with slider control over the in-game color levels would be perfect.

esohdr1.jpg

PS4NA
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they may be out of touch with the gamers. If you look at most of the post it's something is wrong with game. I take no joy in seeing others not enjoy a game we all play. I know some do, and those will be the ones that cheer when the game crashes to the ground.

Most gamers are loyal to each other. We may argue and insult sometimes, but we usually have each others back. If we feel the company has wronged fellow gamers we stand with each other.

Look at EA think what most hated company? There are some who love to go against the grain and love EA. If you look at sells past and present you see its dropped for them. They lost touch with all of us and we all spoke back by not supporting them.

I'm not saying we shouldn't support ESO really love the game. I'm saying it's not acceptable to be treated like this. Gamers are loyal and will fight for a great company who hears us. We may not agree with everything they do, but when they take time to explain why then we kind of say ok.

I feel bad for all of you, and the state of the game. I know those say they feel like they didnt waste time. I think that's us trying to talk ourselves outta the mindset that we invested so much time and energy into this.

Didnt want to make this long post, but hard to accept the fact they seem not to care.
  • blunned
    blunned
    ✭✭✭
    West1389 wrote: »
    I think they may be out of touch with the gamers. If you look at most of the post it's something is wrong with game. I take no joy in seeing others not enjoy a game we all play. I know some do, and those will be the ones that cheer when the game crashes to the ground.

Most gamers are loyal to each other. We may argue and insult sometimes, but we usually have each others back. If we feel the company has wronged fellow gamers we stand with each other.

Look at EA think what most hated company? There are some who love to go against the grain and love EA. If you look at sells past and present you see its dropped for them. They lost touch with all of us and we all spoke back by not supporting them.

I'm not saying we shouldn't support ESO really love the game. I'm saying it's not acceptable to be treated like this. Gamers are loyal and will fight for a great company who hears us. We may not agree with everything they do, but when they take time to explain why then we kind of say ok.

I feel bad for all of you, and the state of the game. I know those say they feel like they didnt waste time. I think that's us trying to talk ourselves outta the mindset that we invested so much time and energy into this.

Didnt want to make this long post, but hard to accept the fact they seem not to care.

First of all, I definitely agree with this post. I think the problem in this situation is that ESO is such a great game that ZOS can and has taken advantage of the players. When something is so fun, you accept or forgive the shortcomings that are present. This ultimately perpetuates the behavior in the company because their bottom line doesn’t hurt from their mistakes and apathy. I am going to be a gamer for a long time yet (I am 30), and in the grand scheme of things it is much more important for me to make a statement with my wallet and hope others do the same.

With my busy work schedule, gaming is one of my only hobbies. “It’s just a game, grow up and get over it” is said a lot in response to “I’m unsubbing” or “I’m quitting” posts, but if your hobby was golf and they decided to turn the golf course brown would you still play on it? If your favorite five iron only worked 70% of the time would you still use it? A hobby is a hobby and when a company doesn’t care about you or your hobby you move on to a different golf course or buy a different brand of clubs. Even if that golf course makes the grass green again and the brand fixes their golf clubs you don’t trust them as a company anymore (especially when time and time again they have demonstrated they just don’t care). Instead of saying “I’m sorry we broke the golf course and your clubs aren’t working,” they say “for a limited time you can have this cool outfit and you can buy a non-combat golf caddy to show off to your friends.” Only in gaming does this sort of mentality work and it shouldn’t anymore.

The dedication of resources to aggressive monetization instead of QoL and game stability/improvements is readily apparent and something I cannot support. It has obviously worked for them or they wouldn’t still be doing it, but I will not be buying any more ZOS products and from reading the posts on this recent fiasco, I really hope people are being honest and truly unsubbing because that’s all ZOS would care about.

Edited by blunned on September 6, 2018 2:50PM
  • ecconova
    ecconova
    ✭✭✭

The game looks so dull in comparison to pre update.

I didn’t see people complaining about the HDR previously.

I don’t think anything is as intended. They broke it basically.

I agree with you except I do think this is what they were trying to achieve. I looked at game as is after patch with both the "new" look and HDR turn off. Even the "new" HDR is so much better then the standard look. So I do not think it was so much broke as tweaked to far and way to far for people who have been playing it the old way. I see some value at in a less saturated Tamriel but they went to far and are very poor in their communication. My post was far from absolving them. I think a proper compromise will make Tamriel more beautiful then ever. So with trepidation I am stay for now to see what will happen. So ZeniMax knows there is not unlimited time on my wait and see clock.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, apologies for the lack of updates. We were out of town for PAX and just got back to the office today.

The current HDR visuals will stay the way they are for now. However, we’re going to look into a compromise on the asset saturation between the old version and the current one that will be implemented in a future update. We don’t want to rush another change, and we’ll give you a heads up when we have a better idea of timing.

Wow I can't believe i missed this.

I have refrained from commenting on this issue because I figured that this one one of the actual serious ones that would get fixed in the next incremental console update and yet here you are, managing to surprise us yet again with the apathy and disdain you show for your console customers. The game looks absolutely horrible compared to what it looked like before the update. Just bring it back to the old version, thats it, nothing else needs to be done just do a rollback. We don't want a compromise we want our old game back we want what you advertised to us. This post literally tells us that we are ****** 6 ways from Sunday for AT LEAST 3 months. You don't want to rush another change? You should be rushing to rollback the initial change! The fact that is not on table is absolutely mind blowing. In your post you say "the current HDR visuals will stay the way they are for now..." but there isn't any HDR visuals. How is that possible? Where is the disconnect here? What am I missing?
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    blunned wrote: »
    West1389 wrote: »

First of all, I definitely agree with this post. I think the problem in this situation is that ESO is such a great game that ZOS can and has taken advantage of the players. When something is so fun, you accept or forgive the shortcomings that are present. This ultimately perpetuates the behavior in the company because their bottom line doesn’t hurt from their mistakes and apathy. I am going to be a gamer for a long time yet (I am 30), and in the grand scheme of things it is much more important for me to make a statement with my wallet and hope others do the same.

With my busy work schedule, gaming is one of my only hobbies. “It’s just a game, grow up and get over it” is said a lot in response to “I’m unsubbing” or “I’m quitting” posts, but if your hobby was golf and they decided to turn the golf course brown would you still play on it? If your favorite five iron only worked 70% of the time would you still use it? A hobby is a hobby and when a company doesn’t care about you or your hobby you move on to a different golf course or buy a different brand of clubs. Even if that golf course makes the grass green again and the brand fixes their golf clubs you don’t trust them as a company anymore (especially when time and time again they have demonstrated they just don’t care). Instead of saying “I’m sorry we broke the golf course and your clubs aren’t working,” they say “for a limited time you can have this cool outfit and you can buy a non-combat golf caddy to show off to your friends.” Only in gaming does this sort of mentality work and it shouldn’t anymore.

The dedication of resources to aggressive monetization instead of QoL and game stability/improvements is readily apparent and something I cannot support. It has obviously worked for them or they wouldn’t still be doing it, but I will not be buying any more ZOS products and from reading the posts on this recent fiasco, I really hope people are being honest and truly unsubbing because that’s all ZOS would care about.

You said it way better than I did. Agree with you 100%, I'm same boat with you 33years old, and this is my hobby as well. I unsubbed think last week wont even play until things start changing.
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The total disregard for people with this issue from Zos is astounding. No concrete info, no emergency maintenance rollback, no official thread etc. I've never seen any other game company flat out ignore problems as big as this before. Its one thing to run on the back of your horse, its another to have the game look worse on €1K+ HDR TV's than it looks in 1080p without HDR and not getting regular updates on when the problem will be fixed and reassurance that it will be
    Edited by Yellow_Monolith on September 6, 2018 4:37PM
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will happily call you a liar at this point. You bought a PS4 Pro and a 4k TV to play the game in 4K. If you just wanted HDR then you would have bought a standard PS4 given they have HDR support.

I guess you haven't been TV shopping lately. 4K is the standard these days for any large TV, so if I am bothering to upgrade the TV why would I not upgrade to a pro, which is also faster performance.

Well, I'd argue the 'why not to upgrade to a pro' would be that the PS5 to alleged to be coming out before 2020 making your 'investment' of the PS4 Pro obsolete within 18-24 months or so.

Ultimately, you would have probably made a better investment by building a new gaming PC that you could update the hardware on than buying a PS4 Pro this late into Console Cycle.

Thanks but I'm not here for "investment" advice from you based on a completely 100% speculative rumor about a console that may or may not come out any time soon lol. Thanks tho bro! I have a gaming PC, I choose to do my gaming on console because that's what the vast majority of my friends use.

Thank you though for the investment advice and considerations for my platform choice, none of which are relevant to the topic at hand what so ever. Nothing you have said has remotely made it "okay" for ZOS to break their game and tell their customers "too bad so sad". While I may have griped about the money I have spent based upon getting the best visuals out of their game, that doesn't justify their needless, senseless change or their lack of information on when it will be fixed.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a few non-constructive comments. Please ensure that the discussion remains civil. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furthermore why are the menu's still in the same state as they were pre-patch(bold and not lacking in color), if you did adjust some things why aren't all the colors affected?

This sounds odd the more you talk, and think about it