The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

HDR broke on xbox since wolfhunter? EDIT: Patch coming early october

• woodap
    woodap
    ✭✭✭
    UNACCEPTABLE ZOS. Bye bye ESO.
  • ecconova
    ecconova
    ✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

I totally agree with this comment. I bought a lot of stuff with crowns based on their HDR look a lot of lights for their color. I love housing and people have commented dozen and dozens of times how beautiful my houses are. The lights no longer have color and all the hours of work are wasted. We deserve some sort of refund since the items I bought are not the same as what I purchased anymore. I know my time and subscription fees can not be refunded that is the consequence of playing an mmo but changing the items you bought is unacceptable and we should be given a refund on crown purchases. I will be contacting Microsoft/ZeniMax/Bethesda today I know they will deny a refund but I am not going quietly and since ZeniMax/Bethesda basically ripped off the HDR 4K players by this decision.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on September 5, 2018 2:09PM
  • NeffyEnn
    NeffyEnn
    Soul Shriven
    That's incredibly disappointing. I'd much rather have it reverted to what it was before the update than have a compromise with whatever we have now. The game looked gorgeous before, sure a few things may have been a bit too saturated in color but it was worth it to see Tamriel in such a bright and vibrant way. Now everything just looks dull.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeffyEnn wrote: »
    That's incredibly disappointing. I'd much rather have it reverted to what it was before the update than have a compromise with whatever we have now. The game looked gorgeous before, sure a few things may have been a bit too saturated in color but it was worth it to see Tamriel in such a bright and vibrant way. Now everything just looks dull.

I totally agree with this. I’m so disappointed. I love this game but this is a deal breaker for me.
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for update. I think a compromise is needed as the colours (IMO) were far too over saturated pre patch on HDR and frankly cartoonish! But now it’s dark especially Valenwood etc. Some of the other HDR effects e.g on the water still look great, but overshadowed by the sheer darkness of everything.

While a compromise is welcome it really needs to be implemented fast.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    crjs1 wrote: »
    Thanks for update. I think a compromise is needed as the colours (IMO) were far too over saturated pre patch on HDR and frankly cartoonish! But now it’s dark especially Valenwood etc. Some of the other HDR effects e.g on the water still look great, but overshadowed by the sheer darkness of everything.

While a compromise is welcome it really needs to be implemented fast.

The game is completely dull now, hardly any colour. The difference between pre and post update is huge.

The game looks horrible compared to pre update.

And then we had the non communication, then the unintended consequences post and now it is we will look for a compromise! Whenever that may be!

It’s just an amateur show all round!!!!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current HDR visuals will stay the way they are for now.
    What HDR visuals? They're gone. What is the purpose of the "HDR Brightness" slider exactly? Because on my setup, it acts like a placebo - it seems to do nothing. I'd love to know what the heck that slider is supposed to do.

Post-update, the load screens are still colorful, but then the zone loads and it's a flat, dull world where all colors are extremely muted. Good grief people, my copy of Skyrim SE looks better and more colorful than this game and it's not even HDR.

Gina, you're not at fault but please pass our frustrations along to the decision-makers. I'm also frustrated that every time a DLC is released, consolers get broken content and the ESO team is always out of town, too busy "touring and promoting" to act quickly on issues.

Like others, I dropped upwards of $2K on a PS4Pro and HDR TV primarily to enjoy this game in all it's colorful glory. Why on earth would ZOS take that away? HDR made the game vivid and vibrant. Now it all looks very dull indeed.
    PS4NA
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the forum mods et al will relay our sentiment, I trust Gina and team.

But I think we so need to be heard that this is a big deal for many of us.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking there will be an upcoming smaller patch to address the LFG issue? could they include the fix with that or is this patch just for PC users?
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • Greyman665
    Greyman665
    Soul Shriven
    Now that my eyes have adjusted a bit... QLED TV - set Contrast Enhancer to HIGH and Color to 70. Looks quite good, actually.
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greyman665 wrote: »
    Now that my eyes have adjusted a bit... QLED TV - set Contrast Enhancer to HIGH and Color to 70. Looks quite good, actually.

And how do your other HDR games look with those settings? You shouldn't have to adjust your picture when switching between games. It looked great the way it was. Now it looks like they coated everything in dust. Feels like I should wash my screen.

• ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few nonconstructive and bashing comments. This is a reminder to keep comments constructive and civil. While we understand your frustration at the current situation, please avoid posting anything that would jeopardize your own forum account. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Wildescar
    Wildescar
    ✭✭
    I am cancelling my ESO subscription until it is fixed. ESO on my Xbox One X with my 4K TV looks worse than my husbands Xbox S with regular TV. I loved the amazing colours especially in Summerset. I spent over an hour trying to fix this not realising it wasn't my console causing the issue. Very disappointed.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the people in this thread that are kissing butt are funny as hell lol zos could fix this if they chose to quick but aren't and yet their are people that seem okay with being lied to and playing the game in it's current condition if it was PC the game would be fixed fast but since it's console oh screw those people they can wait :smiley: lol
    Edited by Jake1576 on September 5, 2018 10:18PM
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few nonconstructive and bashing comments. This is a reminder to keep comments constructive and civil. While we understand your frustration at the current situation, please avoid posting anything that would jeopardize your own forum account. Thank you for your understanding.

The responsive to some of the unwanted comments was a lot quicker than the response to the broken HDR!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JahneeO wrote: »
    I'd like to see this comparison at the same time of day
    Well, last night I got lucky. Here ya go...
    esoat-b.jpg

esoat-c.jpg

Now granted, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I prefer vegetation and lighting that pops a little. We lost that with the update, and it's such a shame. The least they could have done is made the HDR Brightness slider function to allow us to choose our own intensity level. Instead, we were given a grey mess with no options. You can't increase the color on the TV without over-saturating maps, HUD and loadscreens. The transition from load screen to world feels like going from full color to sepia now.

PS4NA
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the colour pops anymore. It’s a very dull world. Such a downgrade from ore update. Hard to hide disappointment.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, apologies for the lack of updates. We were out of town for PAX and just got back to the office today.

The current HDR visuals will stay the way they are for now. However, we’re going to look into a compromise on the asset saturation between the old version and the current one that will be implemented in a future update. We don’t want to rush another change, and we’ll give you a heads up when we have a better idea of timing.

What HDR visuals? There are now hdr visuals atm. Even the slider you have at the menus is useless... it doesnt do anything so you can as well as remove that. This is sad, you removed/broke something and you think that it is fine for the customers...
    Edited by shack80 on September 5, 2018 3:56PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don’t want to rush another change, and we’ll give you a heads up when we have a better idea of timing.

That’s a very diplomatic way of saying you have no idea how to fix it. I don’t have a console, but I feel for the people who got expensive hardware just so they could enjoy this.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    And to still ad on this... I bought a new tv and new xbox to get the most out from the game I love and then you remove the reason(s) for why I made these investments. For ZOS the 2000€ might not be that big money but for me it is. Then you come to tell us that well, we are going to keep it like this and might make some changes in the future... really pathetic and you are surprised if some ppl are making some rude comments here... i would also love to but uuuu how am I afraid to lose my forum account... cant sleep at nights...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by shack80 on September 5, 2018 4:10PM
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    When the game first came out you didn't have HDR. HDR is a luxury (and tbh not a great one as I find the vanilla colour palette to be quite pleasing as is).

Asking for a refund because an "enhancement" that wasnt part of the base game is a bit drastic.

Can you still log in and play? Yes. Does the game still look great? Yes.

There are far more important things to be making petitions for in game and you choose to discuss HDR?

Don't get me wrong, an "enhancement' break isn't a great thing to happen but as it doesn't actually affect the game or your ability to play.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I cant wrap my head around is you claimed you turned HDR off, why? Just why, I never heard one complaint about the visual state of eso.

With that said, I don't think we should have to wait for a fix on something we never asked for.

Seems like a very incompetent decision.

I will say thanks for the update on this matter and hope to see it fixed sooner rather than later.
    Edited by GDOFWR420 on September 5, 2018 4:40PM
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, apologies for the lack of updates. We were out of town for PAX and just got back to the office today.

The current HDR visuals will stay the way they are for now. However, we’re going to look into a compromise on the asset saturation between the old version and the current one that will be implemented in a future update. We don’t want to rush another change, and we’ll give you a heads up when we have a better idea of timing.

This is completely unacceptable. I literally bought a PS4 pro and a 4k TV to play this game with HDR visuals.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please address how you can claim this is an HDR "Fix" when the HDR slider in the game DOES NOT DO ANYTHING? That is the very definition of "broken". This is a completely BOGUS explanation - somewhere in the chain of your process, there is total and utter incompetence and if you're being asked to defend it, then I am sorry that you are stuck having to be the messenger here - but I feel completely screwed over by your company and it's completely unnecessary ninja "fix".

Completely ruining the visual experience and taking away HDR over a few assets is totally unacceptable. I demand a better explanation.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Does the game still look great? Yes.
    No.
    There are far more important things to be making petitions for in game and you choose to discuss HDR?
    When someone buys over $2,000 worth of gear to display this "luxury" post-announcement, and then it's suddenly removed without warning, I think you'll agree that some people have every right to be pretty upset.
    Krayl wrote: »
    ...I literally bought a PS4 pro and a 4k TV to play this game with HDR visuals.
    You're not alone. I did too.

A "Hey. we're sorry and we'll make it right in the next patch" would be almost acceptable. Kicking the can down the road with a vague "Oh well, maybe someday" attitude simply isn't.

PS4NA
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the game first came out you didn't have HDR. HDR is a luxury (and tbh not a great one as I find the vanilla colour palette to be quite pleasing as is)

the color palette is ruined now for those of us who run HDR tvs. It looks like hot garbage. Hot black and white garbage. it's not a "luxury", t he game claims to support HDR and it does not. False advertising.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    When the game first came out you didn't have HDR. HDR is a luxury (and tbh not a great one as I find the vanilla colour palette to be quite pleasing as is).

Asking for a refund because an "enhancement" that wasnt part of the base game is a bit drastic.

Don't get me wrong, an "enhancement' break isn't a great thing to happen but as it doesn't actually affect the game or your ability to play.

I kind of agree and disagree. If I wouldnt have invested on new hardware I wouldnt be here complaining, but I did and thats why I am really disapointed.

I know that also other games added hdr later after the release and there is single one that I know which would have disabled it.

I also would understand if this would help with the bar swapping, lag and other issues but it doesnt so with these reasons I dont aprove this at all.

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we have an update? I tried logging in last night to play. I tried but could not. I just quickly refilled my guild sell slots and got the hell out. It is so UGLY! Come on guys. Fix it. You know what my plan is. I am giving it a few more days. And I am not playing until it is fixed. I am about to buy Destiny Forsaken. And once I do, I will get hooked and ESO will be a memory. Does ZOS really want to lose their HDR/4K base? I know once I start another game, the previous game I was playing becomes unused and dusty. You guys need to think about the players you are about to lose. I will not/have not play/ed until fixed. And I will cancel my ESO + very soon if not fixed.

You have a window here. At the very least you could provide your customers and update. Even if it is just we are working on it.

Getting hooked on destiny? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHSHSHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Good luck with that.
    My lord people go so ballistic over forums “I will cancel my eso plus and not play anymore!!” Okay
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭

People bought xbox one x/PS4 pro and 4K hdr TVs for this “enhancement”!!!!

The game doesn’t look great, it looks worse than a standard Xbox now because of the broken hdr!

You see a lot of your fellow gamers disappointment and you seem to enjoy it.

Thanks for the support.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly just seen this IS the official HDR thread lol. ESO twitter is pointing to it.....

Unreal.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders