The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Reps] Meeting Notes - July 20

• templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please, please, please for the love of God don’t let the Burning light change be stamplars “sustain buff”.

I have waited far too long to see something so lackluster and pidgeonholing be the “answer”

Just add in minor stamina steal to repentance. Done.

Also, please undo the damage nerf on solar barrage, even if it means bringing back the cast time. Would be a huge buff for magplar PvE dps and we might actually end up bringing something solid to endgame groups if it pans out.
    Edited by templesus on July 25, 2018 9:17PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Making crystal blast into a stun is a great idea. However, I don’t think that the base ability should lose any damage. Frags has lost enough damage over the years as is, and is already in such a dismal state compared to the one comparable skill in Merciless Reaolve/Assassins Will. Let me remind you that that Will does significantly more damage, is more controlled and can be saved/held on to, and comes on a skill that gives you minor force and a sustain buff. Talk about overloaded. Meanwhile, frags literally only does damage.

Fair, the assasins wil proc is brutal, probably one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game, but nighblades don't have curse and endless fury to combo with. If we are going to draw paralelism about the classes offensive combos, just looking at 1 skill is not the way to go. That being said, i wouln't be agaisnt a nerf of the assasins will proc damage.
    Edited by ManDraKE on July 25, 2018 9:18PM
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put the stun back on Crystal Frags. Have the accountability to admit when you've made a mistake, and the integrity to do something about it. Removing the damage from Rune Cage without compensating Mag Sorcs just rewinds the class to it's pre-Summerset status.

Telling your community to wait until Update 20 to address issues you've known about for months is straight up obnoxious and disrespectful to your player base, doubly so to those that provide that feedback.

@ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

I could not agree more. The same thing happened with Nightblades and the Agony skill.

Regarding Rune Cage and the proposal to make it dodgable... how about no? Correct me if I’m wrong but when you first introduced it predicated on the frag nerf, your selling point was it working against dodge roll. This feature made the ability much more attractive than the obvious Reach replacement all Sorc’s we’re forced to use for on demand CC.

Right now on any stam class I can roll dodge for extended periods against groups of players. Rune Cage currently is an excellent counter to this play style almost all stam medium armor players do.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • simeion
    simeion
    ✭✭✭
    DK feedback.

DK powerlash needs to be changed. While I agree it needed to be dodgable, the amount of time and magic cost to setup and not being rewarded with a powerlash hitting is sort of disappointing. The powerlash proc needs to change. Maybe give it a % chance to proc on a target that has the burning status effect on them.

Also why does spiked armor do magic damage while the target hit with the spray shows a burning animation. It makes no since to me unless the tooltip is wrong.

Mountains Blessing Passive makes no since to give Minor Brutality to a skill line with no stamina based skills. Some options are to rework Molten Armaments, or move the passive.

Flames of Oblivion needs to change to allow StamDKs to get better use of it in the CP tree. Over haul the skill to do poison damage if the tool tip is higher. Templars do this with Burning Light and Sorcs do this with Implosion.

Cauterize. I would change from a 5 second heal to a 2-3 second heal to make it feel more like a HoT. Don't increase total amount heal just adjust how often.

Molten Armaments can be change into a execute increasing light/heavy attack damage while target. This change will have to be watched not to make werewolves to strong and not to insure DK rotation is still used in execute portions of fights. You could turn this into a team/raid buff for DKs if you dont make it to strong but still. Another option is to take the 10% off engulfing flames and put it here, if that is done make DKs engulfing flames do AoE Major breech.

Dragon Leap. (This is my favorite ulti in the game....it is so fun to watch.) It misses to much. I know it is a ground based AoE but this does not make since. The Animation shows wings, have it target and lock onto 1 person and do burst damage to that target. Let the damage around the target get less the farther away from the initial target is. This should be more like meteor and meteor should be more like leap. After all how does a falling object for the sky follow a target. I would like to see the leap range standardized among the morphs. Take flight does more damage and is cheaper that is enough for a morph.

Eternal Mountain passive needs to add flat value to Earthen Heart abilities instead of %. Prime example of this is the Magma Armor are 11.8 seconds why not make it an even 12.

Greens Dragons Blood. I know there is arguments about having this skill stamina based. I am more that willing to listen to any of them and i would admit there are even concerns I have about changing this. In my opinion every class needs to be able to heal it self with class abilities at a low level. StamDKs and even other classes(minus a warden) have issues healing at low level. There are other suggestions like moving vigor as the first skill in the assault skill tree. It is hard playing a StamDK in PvP and you cant heal.

The idea of a stam whip. I personally have flipped back and forth on this issue and on multiple occasion. I first started out as sure why not have a stam whip. Then I watched an ESO live and Wrobel gave his reason why not. I changed my mind because of his answer. Due to server performance and StamDKs feeling forced into wrecking blow, I am back on the Stam/Poison Whip. I would change Molten Whip to Poison whip and remove the bonus spell damage from the old morph and give it to base. The new poison whip would change the spell damage to weapons damage on this morph.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno where we can address feedback to alliance war skill lines?
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    The lack of mention of niche playstyles like DK Healing or Nightblade/Templar/Sorc Tanking is disturbing.
    I really dont hope thats how the community gets represented.

the devs are well aware of that and were informed about that, that only dk tanks are welcome due to engulfing flames and besides warden no other class is able to tank competitively.
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I think the original change to incap was fine. This new change doesn't really do much as it doesn't change the manner in which incap was employed - it changes the frequency.

There were two issues with incap.

Heavy + Incap could outright nuke players into execute at little to no cost to the nightblade. Previous PTS change solved that issue by making the nightblade unable to replicate current live method of bursting an opponent by either a) making the NB get to dangerously low health b) adding a CC to the combo.

The other part was frequency. Frequency is largely a dueling or 1v1 issue which, while important, should not be weighted anywhere nearly as much as open world NB.

All this new change does is alleviate issue number two. I propose simply reverting it back to the original PTS design. A halfway decent player isn't going to die to a NB burst whom opens with an Incap first.

the change to incap only stunning, when your health is lower than your enemy's actually didnt change ganking at all, since there were easy ways to engage with less than 100% health. nightblades have passives increasing their max health by slotting specific class skills. you just had to slot such a skill on the bar, where incap is, so that when you switch to incap bar, your health is not 100% for a short duration. another possibility is to cast balance from mage guild skill line, which trades health for magicka. cast it and you can engage with less health than your enemy. also most stamina abilities stun when used in cloak or from stealth, so stunning the enemy is no issue at all. the new incap form at least reduces the frequency.

Is incap ganking really a problematic thing though? I haven't seen too many threads or posts complaining about incaps from stealth in a long, long time. There aren't many incap gankers left and the few that I've seen are very selective on who & when they engage. Also if I'm going to be incap ganked then Praise Jesus to the NB who decides to OPEN with incap as their first skill.

From a dueling perspective I think this new iteration is okay and on the mark but it's still missing the mark when it comes to open world or outnumbered fights where the new change will not matter at all.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Below you'll find the topics we discussed with the Class Reps during our meeting last Friday, with the notes compiled by the Reps themselves. The main goal was to have them present the biggest pain points and concerns currently on the PTS in regards to combat balance (note this meeting occurred before PTS v4.1.2). This is not a list of everything that will be changing, and may not include every piece of feedback that was received. We also want to stress that some items may be addressed during this current PTS cycle, while others may be held until Update 20.

Nightblades
    • Dominates ranged PvE DPS. Lots of off-healing, great sustain, strong numbers. Reps EMPHATICALLY emphasized the preferred resolution to this is *not* to nerf NB, rather to make it so the other classes feel just as strong and provide unique benefits to groups that can’t be acquired elsewhere via gear or such.
      • Melee mageblade still needs work. Need to address Concealed, Assassin’s Blade, melee tools to avoid inadvertently buffing destro

Right now stamina seems to be just getting ignored and buried under the obvious bias for magicka that seems to be happening.

MAGICKA Nightblades dominate ranged PvE DPS NOT stamina. Stamina nightblades or anything stamina are NOT welcome in any trial that requires only ranged DPS. In fact stamina anything (except tanks) are not preferred in any end game content because magicka is easy mode with their built in shields and ability to off heal.

Do any of the so called class reps play stamina nightblade? There seems to be an absolute preference and BIAS toward magicka.
    There seems to be no mention whatsoever of the issues those of us that play stamina nightblade have. Mainly the fact taht stamina nightblades are not welcome in certain vet trials, VAS being the glaring one. This is not acceptable!!!! It is not acceptable that I have to change my spec to magicka to be able to just get Vet AS or any other content completed.

Is this going to be discussed or are stam nightblades (all stam DPS honestly) going to be swept under the rug when it comes to end game PvE DPS????

You can take a stamina in vAS or Cloudrest too (we usually have a stamplar with us in vAS) but true, stamina spots are Limited to 2-3 and the skill cap is higher than magicka.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Sinolai wrote: »
    Below you'll find the topics we discussed with the Class Reps during our meeting last Friday, with the notes compiled by the Reps themselves. The main goal was to have them present the biggest pain points and concerns currently on the PTS in regards to combat balance (note this meeting occurred before PTS v4.1.2). This is not a list of everything that will be changing, and may not include every piece of feedback that was received. We also want to stress that some items may be addressed during this current PTS cycle, while others may be held until Update 20.

Nightblades
    • Dominates ranged PvE DPS. Lots of off-healing, great sustain, strong numbers. Reps EMPHATICALLY emphasized the preferred resolution to this is *not* to nerf NB, rather to make it so the other classes feel just as strong and provide unique benefits to groups that can’t be acquired elsewhere via gear or such.
      • Melee mageblade still needs work. Need to address Concealed, Assassin’s Blade, melee tools to avoid inadvertently buffing destro

Right now stamina seems to be just getting ignored and buried under the obvious bias for magicka that seems to be happening.

MAGICKA Nightblades dominate ranged PvE DPS NOT stamina. Stamina nightblades or anything stamina are NOT welcome in any trial that requires only ranged DPS. In fact stamina anything (except tanks) are not preferred in any end game content because magicka is easy mode with their built in shields and ability to off heal.

Do any of the so called class reps play stamina nightblade? There seems to be an absolute preference and BIAS toward magicka.
    There seems to be no mention whatsoever of the issues those of us that play stamina nightblade have. Mainly the fact taht stamina nightblades are not welcome in certain vet trials, VAS being the glaring one. This is not acceptable!!!! It is not acceptable that I have to change my spec to magicka to be able to just get Vet AS or any other content completed.

Is this going to be discussed or are stam nightblades (all stam DPS honestly) going to be swept under the rug when it comes to end game PvE DPS????

You can take a stamina in vAS or Cloudrest too (we usually have a stamplar with us in vAS) but true, stamina spots are Limited to 2-3 and the skill cap is higher than magicka.

Did any of you read the sentence about unique class utility that the community wants? So that you can't simply stack one class because you miss out on too many unique buffs/debuffs, so that it is detrimental to simply stack all the same damage dealers. I prefer playing stamina/melee in trials myself, and that part definitely wasn't left out.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than a blanket nerf to engulfing flames wouldn't it be better to provide the same utility to other classes for different damage sources?

Ie Sorc's have a debuff that provide increased shock damage

Warden's have a debuff that provide increased physical damage

NB's have a debuff that provide increased poison damage

Templar's have a debuff that provide increased frost damage (jokes!)
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Having a trial or dungeon mechanics favor being in melee would be a welcome change

Variety is the key here not favoritism and bias toward one spec.
    ALL trials should be designed for a mixed group of DPS characters.

They should not favor either magicka or stamina

And Stamina needs to be changed to allow for some group utility and high ranged damage so that they can adapt to the situation at hand and not be pigeon holed into one role or another. Likewise magicka should be able to do melee damage if needed or they so choose.

BOTH magicka and stamina characters should be able to complete ANY and EVERY trial, dungeon or whatever in the game!!!

There's no content I can't complete on my stamina dps. I think the point they're getting at is a LOT of recent content has FAVORED ranged magic classes. This doesn't mean it can't be done on stam malee but its just a lot more forgiving on ranged magic. So yeah, it would be nice for some mechanics that flipped the META and were more forgiving to the malee over the ranged.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of mention of niche playstyles like DK Healing or Nightblade/Templar/Sorc Tanking is disturbing.

Templar tanks were mentioned under 'Stamplar sustain' - didn't spot anything else though.

Some of the classes that are underrepresented in group finder seem to be under represented in these notes too. This really needs addressing as there is a reason they are underplayed. (not viable/not fun/something else etc). How will these class-role combos ever get reviewed if they are not being represented?

Also it's been 18 months since these class role combos were removed from ESO from changes the PTS feedback at the time warned about. Should it take this long to even be looked at? Surely the vet dungeon completion stats will show how many of each class-role combo are actually completing these things. That should be used as a huge red warning flag some roles of some classes are in a really bad place.

@Liofa please tell us there is more missing from NB (and Sorc) tanking.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nightblades

If you read the parts I bolded (ranged, off-healing) and still think this Nightblade paragraph is about Stamblade, I don't know what to say.
    aeowulf wrote: »

Liofa please tell us there is more missing from NB (and Sorc) tanking.

Sorry, not this meeting. They were already in the first meeting notes though so we did make sure they know ^^
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »

Nightblades

If you read the parts I bolded (ranged, off-healing) and still think this Nightblade paragraph is about Stamblade, I don't know what to say.
    aeowulf wrote: »

Liofa please tell us there is more missing from NB (and Sorc) tanking.

Sorry, not this meeting. They were already in the first meeting notes though so we did make sure they know ^^

No I dont think its about stamblade. But that is my point.

The discussions seem to only revolve around Magblade and appear to be completely biased to mag blade. Stamblade isnt even part of the discussion as per the notes from both meetings.
    This leads one to believe that the "pain points" for stam blades for PvE are being utterly ignored and purposely forgotten about.
    Edited by Katahdin on July 26, 2018 12:55AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

• Having a trial or dungeon mechanics favor being in melee would be a welcome change

And Stamina needs to be changed to allow for some group utility and high ranged damage so that they can adapt to the situation at hand and not be pigeon holed into one role or another. Likewise magicka should be able to do melee damage if needed or they so choose.

BOTH magicka and stamina characters should be able to complete ANY and EVERY trial, dungeon or whatever in the game!!!

There's no content I can't complete on my stamina dps. I think the point they're getting at is a LOT of recent content has FAVORED ranged magic classes. This doesn't mean it can't be done on stam malee but its just a lot more forgiving on ranged magic. So yeah, it would be nice for some mechanics that flipped the META and were more forgiving to the malee over the ranged.

Yea people keep saying "you can complete any content with stam DPS" but the fact remains that stam players are being told to go magicka or go home. There is something wrong with that, it should not be that way and it needs to be fixed.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We talked about quite a far between reps. We account for this in notes when mentioning healers and tanks want more group utitly.

Also here invite to https://discord.gg/TfjSbu9

Healer's discord

Here is issue about Tank's discord https://discord.gg/JzF44bU

We don't want anyone to feel like they are feeling left out.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late to the party... well rather late then never: I enjoy reading the thought changes to stamplars and I really hope the message of that ugly design-choice buffs only come with nerfs and some nerfs on top of that is going to be a thing of the past... soon. ;)

I am very happy to see "stamina" and "stamplar" mentioned in one (non-whinny -or-complaining) sentence as well! These two really need to match up soon, imo.

TY reps, I think I am not the only one really appriciating your work! <3
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

Having to wait update 20 is not cool though
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always time to flesh out my old post a bit more.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden healer are mostly happy
    What the ***?

Healing mechanics of the warden are godawful. Clunky, slow, boring, have a lot of bugs. Fungal Growth still doesn't heal if target is on uneven terrain. Not to mention about double casting Budding Seeds. And Nature's Embrace - what kind of joke is that? I mean, yeah, every healer wants to be endangared by moving to the target that recently been hit by something.

Warden healer has no identity. Templar is mostly a burst healer, despite having the biggest amount of healing over time effects. Nightblade is dd\healer hybrid, mostly hot healer. DK and sorc...well, these guys also could use some work on their healing kit.
    So the warden...well, unless it's clunky and bugged identity, he has no identity. Same applies to damage skills. Once again, slow, clunky, boring.

And btw, healing overall is still unrewarding in terms of mechanics.
    Edited by Anhedonie on July 26, 2018 12:23PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Making crystal blast into a stun is a great idea. However, I don’t think that the base ability should lose any damage. Frags has lost enough damage over the years as is, and is already in such a dismal state compared to the one comparable skill in Merciless Reaolve/Assassins Will. Let me remind you that that Will does significantly more damage, is more controlled and can be saved/held on to, and comes on a skill that gives you minor force and a sustain buff. Talk about overloaded. Meanwhile, frags literally only does damage.

Fair, the assasins wil proc is brutal, probably one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game, but nighblades don't have curse and endless fury to combo with. If we are going to draw paralelism about the classes offensive combos, just looking at 1 skill is not the way to go. That being said, i wouln't be agaisnt a nerf of the assasins will proc damage.
    Relentless focus is the morph that gives the sustain buff, is The stam morph and bow proc deals less respective tooltip damage than the mag morph. Merciless resolve, the mag morph, is just increased damage (the source of those hard hitting bow procs) and a snare.
    Edited by JobooAGS on July 26, 2018 12:30PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Warden healer are mostly happy
    What the ***?

Healing mechanics of the warden are godawful. Clunky, slow, boring, have a lot of bugs. Fungal Growth still doesn't heal if target is on uneven terrain. Not to mention about double casting Budding Seeds. And Nature's Embrace - what kind of joke is that? I mean, yeah, every healer wants to be endangared by moving to the target that recently been hit by something.

Warden healer has no identity. Templar is mostly a burst healer, despite having the biggest amount of healing over time effects. Nightblade is dd\healer hybrid, mostly hot healer. DK and sorc...well, these guys also could use some work on their healing kit.
    So the warden...well, unless it's clunky and bugged identity, he has no identity. Same applies to damage skills. Once again, slow, clunky, boring.

And btw, healing overall is still unrewarding in terms of mechanics.

For PvE I would still choose a magplar over a magwarden, but in PvP I´d take a magwarden 24/7.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea people keep saying "you can complete any content with stam DPS" but the fact remains that stam players are being told to go magicka or go home. There is something wrong with that, it should not be that way and it needs to be fixed.

Maybe it's because both are true.

I saw a video from Mechanically Challenged where their entire DPS team was Nightblades - both stam and magicka -and they just missed burning the Maw boss by third platform. They love Stam NBs: bring as many as they can.

Your group/guild apparently runs differently: chasing an old meta and deciding their group comp based on what they heard works well, rather than experimenting and seeing for themselves what works best. No amount of Rep feedback is going to solve your group's issue. We can't help close-mindedness of the part of players.

I'd say a huge portion of the player base googles builds and strategies rather than actually testing and playing things to see for themselves. Unfortunately that is as true for a new player who just downloaded the game as it is for raid leads who g-kick their members for not running the approved Mundas stone.
    Edited by Joy_Division on July 27, 2018 4:53AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it might be time to reconsider the idea of stam whip(doesn't really have to be a whip), with some additional passives to support non SnB playstyles for stamDK, considering that ''stand your ground'' thing is dead for a long while now, and wrecking blow is basically not an option due to lag and the fast nature of game making a melee spammable with cast time, pretty much not viable to use.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 27, 2018 9:24AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's because both are true.

I saw a video from Mechanically Challenged where their entire DPS team was Nightblades - both stam and magicka -and they just missed burning the Maw boss by third platform. They love Stam NBs: bring as many as they can.

Your group/guild apparently runs differently: chasing an old meta and deciding their group comp based on what they heard works well, rather than experimenting and seeing for themselves what works best. No amount of Rep feedback is going to solve your group's issue. We can't help close-mindedness of the part of players.

I'd say a huge portion of the player base googles builds and strategies rather than actually testing and playing things to see for themselves. Unfortunately that is as true for a new player who just downloaded the game as it is for raid leads who g-kick their members for not running the approved Mundas stone.

Thank you for this response @Joy_Division

It has been very discouraging and frustrating.
    Perhaps you are right: maybe I need to find a more open minded guild.

If there is such a group willing to give this Khajiit a new home and challenges, this one would love to talk to you.

PcNA. @Katahdin
    Edited by Katahdin on July 27, 2018 3:18PM
  • iDeadly_CTSV
    iDeadly_CTSV
    ✭✭
    So what about buffing frags to the point of the nightblades bow and make frags return Magic sort of like mag blades siphoning. This would really help mag sorc sustain in PVE and make it more competitive to Mag Blades.
    Edited by iDeadly_CTSV on July 27, 2018 5:09PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerers: See above with Rune Cage
    • Sorcs want frag to stun. What about a new Crystal Blast proc which ccs but doesn’t deal bonus damage? Could reduce the damage of the base ability and increase the damage of Crystal Frag’s proc to avoid the “high damage ability having a stun” issue
      [...]
    • One example was Crystal Frags need to be brought up to level of Assassin’s Will

Awesome !
    Edited by Apherius on July 27, 2018 5:41PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerers: See above with Rune Cage
    • The PvE problem of being in raid just to provide Liquid Lightning synergy while being carried by inefficient gear was communicated.

What about Off balance on frag PROC ?
    Edited by Apherius on July 27, 2018 6:27PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I love the open communication that’s taking place!

I would like to thank ZOS, class reps, & the community for make stuff happen & working toward proper progression!

@class reps, (there should be a way to tag you guys)
    Have you guys talked about or looked into dps rotations, number of abilities in each classes rotation, amount of damage expected, & associated cost?
    It would be really interesting to see where the outliers are. Especially when thinking does class xyz have anything to compensate or, how do these rotation stats compare in a “real-world Cyrodiil pvp setting”; such as “oh I’m not doing a full pve rotation because I need defensive skills on my bar, etc...
    I think there should be some commonality between builds like making the assumption that everyone would have 2 heals/shields, 1-2 buffs, 1-2 dots & a spammable.

As an example, someone mentioned comparing the damage of sorc’s frag to assassin’s will. But I can’t “hard cast” will, so while I could maybe understand increasing the damage of a proc’d frag but what’s the uptime on that like?
    Is it more or less often then having to do 4-5 light attacks to proc will?

On a side note...
    My attacking gets messed up on my magblade due to the/my inability to ani-cancel the auto-animation of merciless resolve skill after the bow proc has been released. I shoot the bow & then I have to wait for the animation to finish restarting/reapplying the skill before I can continue fighting.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the " Balorgh set could bring back bombing " made me laugh.
    Edited by Apherius on July 27, 2018 8:28PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »

As an example, someone mentioned comparing the damage of sorc’s frag to assassin’s will. But I can’t “hard cast” will, so while I could maybe understand increasing the damage of a proc’d frag but what’s the uptime on that like?
    Is it more or less often then having to do 4-5 light attacks to proc will?

- Nobody hard cast frag in pve, same thing in PVP ( except overload sorcerer, and this is the only case), don't pay attention to that.
    Crystal frag should work differently if you chose to hardcast it, keep the proc X sec or use it when it proc. but it's another issue.

- Crystal frag proc cost 1.4K ( each time it proc ) magicka, while merciless cost 2430 magicka every 20 sec, important point.

- Crystal frag is more telegraphed than spectral bow = easier to avoid, both are reflectable.

- 35% chance to get a crystal frag is pretty random, someone playing magNB and magSorc often could give us an idea about the crystal proc uptime compared to spectral bow ( or a theory crafter ).

- While spectral bow give minor berserk, crystal frag proc could ( have X% chance to ) apply off-balance on the boss, They would bring something interesting in trial ( the liquid lightning synergy for alkosh and minor prophecy are not enough )

They really need to pay attention to that, we don't need something overperforming, currently we fell like it is a potatoe.
    Edited by Apherius on July 27, 2018 9:54PM