The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hey Developers, any chance we can get reskins/recolors of the defunct Loyalty Program Pets?

B0SSzombie
B0SSzombie
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm specifically referring to the "High Hrothgar Wraith" and "Loyal Dwarven Sphere" Pets.

K7q1hDA.jpgag4oBmO.jpg

I'm not saying to re-release them. No, they were a special limited time deal for essentially the "Early Adopters" of the game. They deserve to remain exclusive.

However.

The majority of Pets (and Mounts) in the game have received reskins or texture swaps and been released as other pets, so why not these two, considering how old they are? The kind of different appearance that makes it very clear that they are NOT the Loyalty Pets, but rather an alternative. And you know what? You guys have a neat Daily Reward system going on that follows a similar mentality! Why not use that to put this kind of stuff out?

I even made you some examples!

For the High Hrothgar Wraith, why not use a texture that already exists in the game? Sort of. There's a visual effect (Bug? Glitch? Not sure) that sometimes occurs with Wraiths to give them a much more "Solid" and skeletal appearance. I'll even give you an example name and description!
1EzkyPw.png
"Skeletal Sea Wraith"
[An incredibly rare type of Ice Wraith resembling bones that can only be found along the edge of the Sea of Ghosts. Common superstition blames the consumption of sailors lost at sea as the cause for it's appearance.]

And if that's not different enough, I'll give you a more drastic palette difference:
LykBhvd.png
"Red Wrath Wraith"
[What has caused this Ice Wraith to take on such a red color? Possibly some kind of unusual chemical reaction in it's body? Or perhaps it was simply dyed crimson from ample bloodshed. Who can say?]

And as for the Loyal Dwarven Sphere, that one was even easier. There's already a few alternate palettes that are in the game that could suit a reskin! The easiest idea would be the energized effect that Spheres take on when an energized Dwarven Spider charges them!
plosGdh.png
(I had to use a picture of a Dwarven Arquebus as an example because I couldn't find a clear shot of a Sphere, but the idea is the same and the only real physical difference is the right arm anyway)

Another option is to use the texture of the "Rusty Sphere" that appears during the "Sphere Assembly" quest in Stros M'Kai. It's a patchwork of worn bronze and faded silver, and it would certainly stand out from the standard "flavor."
mSwQl1l.png

And in what is arguably one of the worst kept secrets in the community, there has been data-mining of recent patches that revealed a pair of very distinct upcoming Dwarven Spiders, with a black and yellow palette. Give a sphere this kind of coloration and it would look INCREDIBLE.
2S8fg9E.png

But if that's not enough, here's another easy idea that's DRAMATICALLY different in appearance from the normal Dwarven Sphere:
6GoDQRM.png
"Striking Silver Sphere"
[A silver-plated Dwarven Sphere makes for a very impressive traveling companion. Just be sure to carry tarnish remover and a polishing kit with you!]

Regardless, you guys clearly know how to be creative with your cosmetic content, so feel free to go ham on a creation. Just re-release these guys in some capacity, okay?
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love an Ice Wraith and Dwarven Sphere pet!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I WANT THE DWEMER SPHERE! My friends don't like it but only equip it to mock me, a dwemer fanatic.
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 25, 2018 5:19PM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    I'm not saying to re-release them. No, they were a special limited time deal for essentially the "Early Adopters" of the game. They deserve to remain exclusive.

No they don't, IMO, and I say that as a player since early access who has them. About time they came around again.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they don't, IMO, and I say that as a player since early access who has them. About time they came around again.

They deserve to remain exclusive in those colors, but recolors everyone should have access to. I say that as a person without the loyalty items
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm...I'm torn on this. Part of the exclusivity is that they are very unique models. But, if the recolor was NOTICEABLY unique, then maybe. I get that people want them, but they symbolize something to the folks that earned them.

What I'd rather see, is these becoming available again, as is, as part of a resurrected Loyalty Program. We do have the daily log-in rewards, but, hey, that's just for logging into the game. I still think there should be a loyalty program attached to ESO+ - it would help to get people to stay subbed, rather than just to dump their crafting mats into the craft bag every few months or completing a new DLC.

@B0SSzombie, I really enjoyed your flavor text! But, you forgot to include for some of the sphere alternatives. :)
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 25, 2018 9:57PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should not be released again, just like the Stripped Senche-Tiger mount should not be released again. They are unique. People can get reskinned versions and be happy with that.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Hmm...I'm torn on this. Part of the exclusivity is that they are very unique models. But, if the recolor was NOTICEABLY unique, then maybe. I get that people want them, but they symbolize something to the folks that earned them.

What I'd rather see, is these becoming available again, as is, as part of a resurrected Loyalty Program. We do have the daily log-in rewards, but, hey, that's just for logging into the game. I still think there should be a loyalty program attached to ESO+ - it would help to get people to stay subbed, rather than just to dump their crafting mats into the craft bag every few months or completing a new DLC.

@B0SSzombie, I really enjoyed your flavor text! But, you forgot to include for some of the sphere alternatives. :)

I think people should have the exclusitivity of the striped mount for being here early. If people want a tiger they have the option of getting a reskin. I want the dwemer sphere pet but I don't want it in that color as it is reserved for loyalty players. I do want a reskin of the sphere tho
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already reskinned Beta Monkey, they might as well do the others...
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

+1 this. I see no reason to prevent players who started playing after the loyalty program was shut down from having access to its rewards, and the simplest, fairest way to do that would be to reinstate it. My preference would be to also add on more checkpoints with additional rewards for the people who have been here and subbed since the beginning, and continue adding on more so there's never a reason to go 'I got the last loyalty reward, guess I can unsub now!'
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think making recolored/reskinned versions available would be absolutely fine.

However, the originals should stay exclusive, particularly the tiger senche mount. Sorry but that is how I feel about it.

They do have a special meaning to those of us that earned them. Whenever I see someone else with it I know that is another person that was here at the very beginning when things were really rough. People complain its buggy now, its nothing compared to what it was like at launch and for a while after launch. We stuck with it and continued to support the game while other people stopped their sub and left.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I think making recolored/reskinned versions available would be absolutely fine.

However, the originals should stay exclusive, particularly the tiger senche mount. Sorry but that is how I feel about it.

They do have a special meaning to those of us that earned them. Whenever I see someone else with it I know that is another person that was here at the very beginning when things were really rough. People complain its buggy now, its nothing compared to what it was like at launch and for a while after launch. We stuck with it and continued to support the game while other people stopped their sub and left.

That's pretty much my mentality.

They're essentially more "Early Adopter Rewards" than "Loyalty Rewards," along with a handful of things like the Monkey from the Beta.

The people that earned them deserve to have them stay exclusive, as a form of bragging rights and proof of accomplishment.

However, the designs should be re-used so that people who didn't choose or have the opportunity to play early on have some form of them that they can enjoy.

Hence why I suggest using dramatically different visual designs to distinguish them from the originals. Something new that doesn't diminish the old.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on July 26, 2018 5:22AM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is a great idea. If you love the game and have been subbed for the requisite amount of time it should not matter if you started in 2014 or 2017.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would want the "energized" dwarven sphere to go with the "energized" dwarven spider we got with Morrowind. Preferably with new animations as well, like the new dwarven spider has gotten new animations too.

It's a pity we have not seen new versions of these models for the people who would want them, the team isn't afraid to release 3 recolours and reskins of everything else.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a great idea. If you love the game and have been subbed for the requisite amount of time it should not matter if you started in 2014 or 2017.

100% agree :) I am not one of people who want to have something which almost nobody else has. If I see someone with same mount/pet as I have, I find it cute and will try to pose together if I'm in the good mood and have time :smiley: All players should have opportunity to get a cosmetic item they like. If somebody really wants the tiger mount, just let them subscribe for required time.

rzpY5Vf.jpg

I also support any cosmetics - not just loyalty rewards - to be always available. We would have so many choices!
    While I personally don't want any of those original loyalty rewards, but I would be interested in white version of tiger mount :)

PYKMafl.jpg

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As having the same thing with better colors would make the original less valuable, I don't think this is a good idea.

If you could make the pets or whatever objectively more "meh" though, like a rusty dwarven sphere that doesn't open up, or an ice wraith that didn't hover but instead crawled along the ground... I mean, they would need to be CLEARLY differenciated to the original loyalty rewards, not just a reskin.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    If you could make the pets or whatever objectively more "meh" though, like a rusty dwarven sphere that doesn't open up, or an ice wraith that didn't hover but instead crawled along the ground... I mean, they would need to be CLEARLY differenciated to the original loyalty rewards, not just a reskin.

Really ?! REALLY ?

"So, you started playing after I did ? Here, have this ugly."

OH MY GOD GUYS ARE YOU SERIOUS ?!

picard-facepalm.jpg
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »

Really ?! REALLY ?

"So, you started playing after I did ? Here, have this ugly."

OH MY GOD GUYS ARE YOU SERIOUS ?!

picard-facepalm.jpg

I mean, all y'all new players COULD ask for something cool and unique and different instead of trying to get the same stuff that we have. Like, let's be honest, wouldn't it be way cooler to have like a dragon or a gryphon mount?

"Well yeah, but then we wouldn't be lessening the value of the original players' loyalty rewards."

If you want the same stuff, sorry, but I do not think you should have it.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucky you're not in charge, eh.

Actually we shouldn't get the same stuff as the old loyalty rewards, we should get something better.

Like better and more modern reskins of the old rewards, and with cool new animations.

You can keep the old trash, see how 'special' you feel then.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

Actually we shouldn't get the same stuff as the old loyalty rewards, we should get something better.

Like better and more modern reskins of the old rewards, and with cool new animations.

If ZOS treated their loyal members like you would, they would be in trouble. That is to say they wouldn't have any loyal players. You treat your players like trash and you don't get to keep those players, eh?
    Edited by Marginis on August 11, 2018 2:07PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If ZOS treated their loyal members like you would, they would be in trouble. That is to say they wouldn't have any loyal players. You treat your players like trash and you don't get to keep those players, eh?

At least I don't wake up at night, bathed in my own cold sweat from having the horrible nightmare that someone else might get the same toys at me, some time.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least I don't wake up at night, bathed in my own cold sweat from having the horrible nightmare that someone else might get the same toys at me, some time.

If we were talking about giving away, for example, the craft bag for free, I wouldn't see a problem with that. Non-ESO+ subscribers get the craft bag, and ESO+ subscribers can stop subbing and save $15 a month. But what you're saying is that you want the same things as players who had to do something special for them, without having to put in the effort.

You could have supported the game from the very beginning. You could have played when there were all the bugged and broken quests. You could have played before there was player housing, before you could steal stuff, before there were a million motifs, before the outfit system - or hell, the dye system even - existed. You could have gotten the game on PC on only the faith that it would come out on console and be alright. You could have stayed subbed from the start, even though you hardly had time to play, and you barely had the money to cover it.

But you didn't. I did. So no, you shouldn't get the same stuff as me for doing none of the work.
    Edited by Marginis on August 11, 2018 2:21PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If we were talking about giving away, for example, the craft bag for free, I wouldn't see a problem with that. Non-ESO+ subscribers get the craft bag, and ESO+ subscribers can stop subbing and save $15 a month. But what you're saying is that you want the same things as players who had to do something special for them, without having to put in the effort.

You could have supported the game from the very beginning. You could have played when there were all the bugged and broken quests. You could have played before there was player housing, before you could steal stuff, before there were a million motifs, before the outfit system - or hell, the dye system even - existed. You could have gotten the game on PC on only the faith that it would come out on console and be alright. You could have stayed subbed from the start, even though you hardly had time to play, and you barely had the money to cover it.

But you didn't. I did. So no, you shouldn't get the same stuff as me for doing none of the work.

Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put an big enough pricetag on it, this will sure count as loyality ....
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea that "The new thing shouldn't look nicer than the old one" is sort of a flawed one.

The value for the old item doesn't come from it's appearance, but rather, what it stands for.

That's not specific to ESO, but rather a general thing in our society. Otherwise people wouldn't spend so much time and effort restoring and repairing old things, like Cars from 60 years ago. An old '50's Chevy doesn't look better than a modern Tesla, but people understand "Wow that is an old thing, whoever it belongs to must really be serious about how much they like cars!" when they see it.

Anyone who saw the original Gold/Brass Dwarven Sphere would think "Oh, that's the pet they got for playing this game back in it's early days!" Whereas a newer version would just elicit the same kind of reaction as someone who bought a limited time Crown Store recolor.

A good comparison would be the Small Dragon Bone Construct pet people obtained via the Dragon Bones Collector's Bundle versus the Unholy Glow Bone Dragon which was a recolor that was available in the Crown Store for a limited time. It's very easy to spot the difference, and I know what entailed in getting either one.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BOSSzombie THANK YOU ! Well put ! I'm 150% out of patience with this attitude right now to write this kind of well put, well explained, calm and to the point comment, so I can only thank you for taking the time to do it. Much applause.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea that "The new thing shouldn't look nicer than the old one" is sort of a flawed one.

The value for the old item doesn't come from it's appearance, but rather, what it stands for.

That's not specific to ESO, but rather a general thing in our society. Otherwise people wouldn't spend so much time and effort restoring and repairing old things, like Cars from 60 years ago. An old '50's Chevy doesn't look better than a modern Tesla, but people understand "Wow that is an old thing, whoever it belongs to must really be serious about how much they like cars!" when they see it.

Anyone who saw the original Gold/Brass Dwarven Sphere would think "Oh, that's the pet they got for playing this game back in it's early days!" Whereas a newer version would just elicit the same kind of reaction as someone who bought a limited time Crown Store recolor.

A good comparison would be the Small Dragon Bone Construct pet people obtained via the Dragon Bones Collector's Bundle versus the Unholy Glow Bone Dragon which was a recolor that was available in the Crown Store for a limited time. It's very easy to spot the difference, and I know what entailed in getting either one.

While generally I agree, not all players spot or realize that difference. So when your goal is to show off your achievements, this dilutes them. Yes, it doesn't eliminate the specialness, but it does lessen it.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While generally I agree, not all players spot or realize that difference. So when your goal is to show off your achievements, this dilutes them. Yes, it doesn't eliminate the specialness, but it does lessen it.

But in that case, the prestige of an elusive pet matters even less.

If someone isn't familiar with the Dwarven Sphere pet, or exclusive pets in general, every pet is the same to them, and therefore the exclusivity is lost on them completely.

"Oh, they have one of those robot balls following them. Neat."

That level of player won't even be able to tell the difference between the Pet and the Summon from the Engine Guardian Set.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on August 11, 2018 4:58PM
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounts and pets are purely an extension of my characters' personalities and outfits. I don't care who does and doesn't have the tiger mount (or the other junk, whatever); my access to it doesn't mean I'm part of some exclusive "Kool Kidz" club - it means that, by chance, I heard about the game and had the means to pay for a subscription before some other person did. That's not an achievement. It's not anything to brag about or be proud of, or hold over anyone else's head to show how great I am.

If anything, the people who subscribe despite being able to play perfectly well for free are the ones who deserve the loyalty rewards. They're the ones going the extra mile to support the game, no matter how many extra perks enticed them to do it. And I've always thought that loyalty/log-on rewards should include what's already been given, and add additional tiers as time goes on; a reward isn't a reward, if people are punished by being locked out of it. It's a game. Everyone should be able to earn every thing, as long as they eventually get around to completing the requirement for it.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone isn't familiar with the Dwarven Sphere pet, or exclusive pets in general, every pet is the same to them, and therefore the exclusivity is lost on them completely.

That level of player won't even be able to tell the difference between the Pet and the Summon from the Engine Guardian Set.

Like I said, it's a matter of nuance.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said, it's a matter of nuance.

You can't just write off a point someone makes with "It's a matter of nuance."

It's not.

This whole forum is a matter of nuance. It's all opinions. That's what a forum IS.

You CAN say something like "We can agree to disagree," but what you did is the equivalent of holding your hands over your ears and shouting "LALALALALA."