Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

-->[Unnecessary Health on Dungeon Bosses]<--

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    I can understand on trial bosses or high-level stuff, but I always wondered why a starter level boss had 400-500K in health. Honestly, spamming dps until they're down is boring and NOBODY can be that powerful if they're a person.

I can understand high stats on maybe some giant monster, but a friggin Necromancer?

If you're getting bored in a 20 second boss fight... yeah, I don't know, I really don't. Trial bosses usually have somewhere around 26 to 52 million health. So, that might be a bit out of your reach.

And that explains why I don't do Trials!

Confidentially, it usually takes me closer to a minute or two since I do most thing solo. :)
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand on trial bosses or high-level stuff, but I always wondered why a starter level boss had 400-500K in health. Honestly, spamming dps until they're down is boring and NOBODY can be that powerful if they're a person.

I can understand high stats on maybe some giant monster, but a friggin Necromancer?

If you're getting bored in a 20 second boss fight... yeah, I don't know, I really don't. Trial bosses usually have somewhere around 26 to 52 million health. So, that might be a bit out of your reach.

Confidentially, it usually takes me closer to a minute or two since I do most thing solo. :)

That puts your DPS at about 8.3k, which... it's not stellar. As much as I don't want to sound like I'm saying, "lolz u suck," that is something you probably want to work on. Technically 8k can clear content, but you'll have a much better time in game if you can get that up to around 15-20k.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That puts your DPS at about 8.3k, which... it's not stellar. As much as I don't want to sound like I'm saying, "lolz u suck," that is something you probably want to work on. Technically 8k can clear content, but you'll have a much better time in game if you can get that up to around 15-20k.

Yep. At about 15k DPS I started tearing through regularly questing content like tissue paper and random normal dungeons became a lot easier. Then I figured out a build that can get 20k DPS, and yeah...much, much easier. There's a reason people with over 15k DPS complain that questing content is too easy in this game.
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, not stellar DPS, I'll admit that. Only on my MagSorc can I get to 30K or so.
    Options
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭

It isn't that fun to spam 5 buttons for 15 mins on one boss
    The health is way to high for 4 man group of newbs

If only they gave us some way to reduce the health of the actual boss, preferably a way to somehow to take its health all the way to 0 basically to remove all of its health. Then I think, maybe this wouldn't be an issue. If they also added something to our damage that just kicks up a notch when it is at 25%-50% that might be really helpful and those bosses that heal themselves, well that is just straight up bs poor game design.
    Edited by Malacthulhu on July 17, 2018 5:20PM
    Xbox One Na
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. At about 15k DPS I started tearing through regularly questing content like tissue paper and random normal dungeons became a lot easier. Then I figured out a build that can get 20k DPS, and yeah...much, much easier. There's a reason people with over 15k DPS complain that questing content is too easy in this game.

@DenMoria, I don't want you to take any of this as attacking you. This is something you can learn, and, while the process of getting there isn't easy, it is something you probably want to do. Especially if Dungeon content is something that appeals to you.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, not stellar DPS, I'll admit that. Only on my MagSorc can I get to 30K or so.

So, wait, what're you getting 8k on? 30k is more than enough to clear everything in the game, if you're doing that, single target.
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, wait, what're you getting 8k on? 30k is more than enough to clear everything in the game, if you're doing that, single target.

My Sorc is fine. Don't ever have an issue with her (unless I do something stupid, of course). It's mostly my melee's, but I'm pretty new to them. I'll get there. I've gotten a lot of awesome advice from so many folks here that I have no doubt that, once I get some more practice in and learn my rotation and gear up, I'll be fine.
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Id say give a look at some of the vindictus bosses for ideas like one boss irukul would start fight charging after you in a rampaging stampede players had to smash through ice walls and out run irukul and make it to the boss arena before the next phase began.

Another idea would be add giant multi part bosses like flesh atro the size of a mountain and we have to dodge 5 ton arms of death wail on them as they land and avoid other attacks til we reach a head or activaye a synergy that like fires ballista grappling bolts into his head that drag him within damage range.

But bosses like st olms is just moronic boss hp tank like dmg negation mechanocs small window of damage opportunity is boring i cringe at final bosses for this. Also can we get an end put to tiny human sized enemies with ninja light armor skills being able to take on 4-12 people beating them like a whack amole for 20 mins... its ridiculous to see enemies have stupid health and resiliance when they wear robes and ninja clothes bow if boss was a humanoid tank that blocks and fights like a tank sure go for it but 5.7mil hp robe users... bruh
    Options
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason it is taking you 15 minutes is because you're only using 5 buttons. A quick google search should tell you how to increase your damage output.
    Options
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭

Why mmorpg genre is dying, in a nutshell.

This is not an ESO specific issue. All MMORPGs I've played since wow had this very same issue.

I'm more a fan of spamming buttons than sweating with blocks and break free and interrupts. I hate rock/paper/scissors mechanics, especially when they're far too common on even the weakest enemies and not even done as good as other examples I have seen.

I game to relax with optional challenges, not be annoyed by piranhas.

A good PvE experience should do a lot more than just asking you to mash some buttons in the correct order. That is just repetetive and anti-fun.

Fun is relative, which is why games like Farmville and Solitaire and "Bubble Witch Saga" and many more are so popular. Sometimes we just want relatively mindless games with great graphics.
    I like to mod godmode on Skyrim, for example. You think that makes the game boring? Well, I don't think that because I play to feel strong, which is mostly opposite of my real world stature, and to look as cool as possible with many customization options.

I'm in ESO for the high-fantasy theme and graphics, not any sort of challenge. I constantly wish for cheats, sanctioned by the developers of course such as if they would give me an "easy mode" solo option for everything. This makes me also hate when cosmetics that would make me(my character) look cool are locked behind the "hardest mode".

I really do not find it fun when my character is stuck not able to do absolutely every action I have either because of running out of resources or silence, stun or needing to interrupt or dodge. I like stealth and positioning and strategy, but I do not like "twitch twitch" reaction games that play like the dreaded Battletoads Tubro Tunnel #CarpalTunnelForLife

One person's "fun challenging content" is many more people's "annoying and frustrating barrier to fun", which both are technically a barrier but one enjoys "banging his head against the barrier".

I think you''re in the wrong genre if you want cheats. Not going to happen in any MMORPG.
    Options
  • NeetoCheeto1
    NeetoCheeto1
    ✭✭
    Odnoc wrote: »
    The reason it is taking you 15 minutes is because you're only using 5 buttons. A quick google search should tell you how to increase your damage output.

On controller?
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest bosses should be a climactic point - at least the main ones. They aren’t. Good old Doshia, we‘ll always remember you.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On controller?

Increasing your damage output has nothing to do with how many buttons you push. Controller/keyboard, we all use 5 buttons, plus ultimate and weapon swap.

Increasing your damage output has everything to do with you using an effective rotation of damaging DOTs, single target skills, and self-buffs. If you don't know a good rotation for your class, its quite easy to look one up (and if needed, adapt it for a leveling character.) Most rotations use all 10 abilities, plus ultimates, except for exceptions like pet sorcs that double bar some abilities.

So there no point in complaining about only pushing 5 buttons. That's literally how the game is made. The problem lies in if you are making full use of those 5 (6) buttons to perform an effective DPS rotation or not.

(I mean, my stam sorc's rotation is 5, 2, 3, 4, weapon swap, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, weapon swap, with light attacks, ultimate thrown in, and the #1 skill is a self heal if needed. It sounds really boring if I break it down to the numbers like that. Its much more exciting to say "I buff myself with Crit Surge to heal myself, then fire a hail of arrows, hurl Caltrops, and land a poisoned arrow on the foe, before I leap into the fray deeply slashing the enemy and hurling daggers until I need to fire my arrows again. Oh and all the while, I'm surrounded by the fury of hurricane force winds." Any rotation is boring if you break it down to the bare numbers, but I love the way my Stam Sorc fights so the rotation is fun even though I'm hitting the same 5 buttons in the same order.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 18, 2018 3:50PM
    Options
  • NeetoCheeto1
    NeetoCheeto1
    ✭✭
    Hi love giving dudes mouth hugs
    your stats are terrible, you have no idea how the game actually plays and you are level 18, not even close to level 50 and much less cp 160, the level were gear stops leveling. do overland quests till you hit those numbers. maybe actually learn how to play the game @NeetoCheeto1, before asking for nerfs.

HWLorxB.jpg

Edited by NeetoCheeto1 on July 20, 2018 12:47AM
    Options
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right Click and press Open in a New tab to view
    If there is easy way to upload pics please let me know ty :)

kFpf7T
    kE2NMo
    gmbtST
    nrLL7T
    cORGgo
    nO37nT
    ms091o
    c20gE8
    dVxTu8
    fhUK1o
    jc81E8
    eGdCMo
    ffLgE8

Like this?
    Screenshot_20180714_203853.png
    I did that by doing what you said then right clicking your picture in the source link and clicking "open image in new tab" and copying that address bar "https://preview.ibb.co/dnHp1o/Screenshot_20180714_203853.png&quot; with "img /img" tags.
    This forum is tricky, but it works best with direct links to images without the extra background page elements.

Edit:
    I suppose I could have gotten the correct address by also clicking "copy image address" instead of "open image in new tab".

how are you running undaunted dungeons with a level 18?
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »

kFpf7T
    kE2NMo
    gmbtST
    nrLL7T
    cORGgo
    nO37nT
    ms091o
    c20gE8
    dVxTu8
    fhUK1o
    jc81E8
    eGdCMo
    ffLgE8

Like this?
    I did that by doing what you said then right clicking your picture in the source link and clicking "open image in new tab" and copying that address bar "https://preview.ibb.co/dnHp1o/Screenshot_20180714_203853.png&quot; with "img /img" tags.
    This forum is tricky, but it works best with direct links to images without the extra background page elements.

Edit:
    I suppose I could have gotten the correct address by also clicking "copy image address" instead of "open image in new tab".

Normal Dungeons start progressively unlocking at level 10.
    Options
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    my 2sents:

If you dps, stack on one stat only (magicka or stamina) and design your build using armor sets (5/5 combos are easily available, crafted or dropped), and eventually 2 piece monster sets (head and shoulder). Traits, mundus, enchants, armor sets, passives, all matters. Play a lot.
    Options
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭

kFpf7T
    kE2NMo
    gmbtST
    nrLL7T
    cORGgo
    nO37nT
    ms091o
    c20gE8
    dVxTu8
    fhUK1o
    jc81E8
    eGdCMo
    ffLgE8

Like this?

Edit:

I thought that the undaunted pledges were unlocked at level 45... Anyways, this is the way you learn... Good luck and all!
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

kFpf7T
    kE2NMo
    gmbtST
    nrLL7T
    cORGgo
    nO37nT
    ms091o
    c20gE8
    dVxTu8
    fhUK1o
    jc81E8
    eGdCMo
    ffLgE8

Like this?

Edit:

I thought that the undaunted pledges were unlocked at level 45... Anyways, this is the way you learn... Good luck and all!

Undaunted Pledges do unlock at level 45, but you can start running the dungeons using Group Finder as early as Level 10 once the dungeons start unlocking as you level.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why mmorpg genre is dying, in a nutshell.

This is not an ESO specific issue. All MMORPGs I've played since wow had this very same issue.

I'm more a fan of spamming buttons than sweating with blocks and break free and interrupts. I hate rock/paper/scissors mechanics, especially when they're far too common on even the weakest enemies and not even done as good as other examples I have seen.

I game to relax with optional challenges, not be annoyed by piranhas.

A good PvE experience should do a lot more than just asking you to mash some buttons in the correct order. That is just repetetive and anti-fun.

Fun is relative, which is why games like Farmville and Solitaire and "Bubble Witch Saga" and many more are so popular. Sometimes we just want relatively mindless games with great graphics.
    I like to mod godmode on Skyrim, for example. You think that makes the game boring? Well, I don't think that because I play to feel strong, which is mostly opposite of my real world stature, and to look as cool as possible with many customization options.

I'm in ESO for the high-fantasy theme and graphics, not any sort of challenge. I constantly wish for cheats, sanctioned by the developers of course such as if they would give me an "easy mode" solo option for everything. This makes me also hate when cosmetics that would make me(my character) look cool are locked behind the "hardest mode".

I really do not find it fun when my character is stuck not able to do absolutely every action I have either because of running out of resources or silence, stun or needing to interrupt or dodge. I like stealth and positioning and strategy, but I do not like "twitch twitch" reaction games that play like the dreaded Battletoads Tubro Tunnel #CarpalTunnelForLife

One person's "fun challenging content" is many more people's "annoying and frustrating barrier to fun", which both are technically a barrier but one enjoys "banging his head against the barrier".

I think you''re in the wrong genre if you want cheats. Not going to happen in any MMORPG.

I'm not too sure about that. We had, essentially, cheats with endgame power in City of Heroes and then there was the difficulty options that made things anywhere you wanted from very easy to challenging.
    I would also design a game to allow cheats, in PVE or consensual PVP, if I had my way, maybe someday. It actually would work really well so long as it doesn't infringe on another's gameplay directly, because e-peen deflation in PVE is desirable and would still be balanced in PVP. In fact, that could be an easier way to make PVE work without screwing with PVP balance.
    Options
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didaco wrote: »
    I think the problem lies in the genre itself.

Mechanics are what are used in this genre to make fights more engaging... The more health they have, the more mechanics you do.
    I wonder what will happen when mmorpg developers will finally realize how a proper AI would impact the gameplay in a positive way.

Like, I don't know, having a boss capable of recognizing AoE dots and, instead of stepping in it like a child in a pond, it circles them...

Or a boss that recognises your attacks and actively dodges them....
    That would be pretty cool.

Give the boss a melee attack like the regular hits from vet scale ogre, a ranged hit like the ogre regular snowball, a ground bang that area knocks down like the skellies in fang, and a small chance at using silver leash.

Program the boss to path out of and around player damage, to block channeled skills, and to have freedom to choose its own targets (means no taunts).

Give that boss a mere 1 million health and I think I would rather face vZaan while missing one dps again.

Also, I think they have been inserting the nuts and bolts to support the boss shifting strategies. There’s the firepot spider that changes into the dancing spider. There’s other odd mob behaviors that seem to hint at the mob flipping modes. I need to take a much closer look at those reef vipers, sometimes they choose to stun m lock you and sometimes they just attack.

Xbox NA
    Options
  • Pulque
    Pulque
    ✭✭✭
    Things are changing. In the last dungeon dlc, they put heavy emphasis on interactions with environment. Wall of ghost in fang lair and four-element status in scalecaller make the fight very mechanisms heavy. Along with mechanics, DPS burn became less effective because they set up stage transition when you can’t just stand still and burn the boss. Boss health is around 6M for the latest dungeons I believe, maybe a bit more for the bone dragon. That’s the same as 6M dummy.

In the upcoming wolfhunter, more environmental elements add to the fight. In moon hunter keep, you have to seek saplings on mazes and keep yourself away from unkillable stranglers. You can’t just stand still and burn everything done, can’t be a mindless keyboard smasher, you have to interrupt one shot mechanics and clear pairs of mobs. In the other dungeon, you have to sneak! Hide and seek, don’t get caught or you’ll fall from sky. They are definitely not as easy as these non-dlc, but you as player, if you are seeking non-button-smashing experience, go into these latest dungeons. Old dungeons are for very casual lay-back people.
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the first instinct of every person to ask for an easier time?
    Nobody wants to work on themselves anymore.

Facebook-b071e8.png
    Edited by Dubhliam on July 20, 2018 10:24AM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    your stats are terrible, you have no idea how the game actually plays and you are level 18, not even close to level 50 and much less cp 160, the level were gear stops leveling. do overland quests till you hit those numbers. maybe actually learn how to play the game @NeetoCheeto1, before asking for nerfs.

HWLorxB.jpg

Still really bad. You just need to stay out of dungeons and play the overland questing stuff. I never set foot in a dungeon till I hit like vr6 on my first toon, which is like cp 250 these days. Just play the game and stay away from group stuff till you get to level 50, cp 160 at least.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 20, 2018 10:44AM
    Options
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

The health is way to high for 4 man group of newbs

You can use barswap and ultimate to use 12 buttons :blush:

Or even move out of stupid sometimes, extending this to 16 or even 17 buttons with dodgeroll :wink:
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
    Options
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HWLorxB.jpg

Still really bad. You just need to stay out of dungeons and play the overland questing stuff. I never set foot in a dungeon till I hit like vr6 on my first toon, which is like cp 250 these days. Just play the game and stay away from group stuff till you get to level 50, cp 160 at least.

No don’t do that.

Get in dungeons and learn. Concentrate on the mechanics that are happening. Get good at getting out of the red quickly. Get dodging down. Learn to use AOE on packs.

Get to a cathedral in your factions capital and reset your attributes, put them all in one stat. The one you use for your damage abilities. Use your other pool for utilities, as they don’t need to scale.

People should learn how to dungeon while levelling, telling them to stay out just makes this worse. You get better by experimenting and trying.

People you group with will be far more accepting of you learning if your not max level. If you wait till level 50 cp 160, then you have to do all your learning while being judged far more harshly.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HWLorxB.jpg

There are so many problems with your stats.

Are you a tank? If not, why is your health almost 30k, and why are you splitting your resources? If you’re a damage dealer, you need to reset your attribute points and dump all of your points into your primary resource. If your character is going to be a mage/staff wielder, put all your points in magicka. If you’re using melee weapons (2H/DW) and bows, put all your points in stamina. If you have health glyphs on your armour, replace them with glyphs for your primary stat. You do not need that much health if you’re not a tank.

Why do you have critical resistance? Outside of PVP, no enemy is going to hit you with critical damage. If you have crit resistance because you want to PVP, a measly 243 crit resist will do nothing for you. I suspect one of your armour pieces is impenetrable? If it’s part of your set, leave it, but if it’s just a random piece of gear, get rid of it. Impenetrable armour is completely useless in PVE.

Honestly, you’ll enjoy group content in the game so much more if you can find someone who can craft you some appropriate gear, and once you’re at least level 45. You’ll have so few skill points at your disposal at level 22, and you’ll barely have advanced any of your skill/weapon lines. Even with scaling, you’ll be hitting like a wet noodle without decent crafted/dropped gear sets.

Options
  • NeetoCheeto1
    NeetoCheeto1
    ✭✭

Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Was ist mouth hug :)

Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Was ist mouth hug :)

Why little neeto, when one man really loves another, he shows it by taking the other man's mighty spear and using his own lips to lube and scrub said spear clean. Doing this is very satisfying for both parties.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 21, 2018 3:54AM
    Options