Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

July 6 - Update on Recent Issues (Stability, Steam, Motifs, Daily Rewards)

• mooslacker
    mooslacker
    ✭✭
    Nothing is actually fixed on live. I've still experienced everything that was mentioned in patch notes, and it's actually getting worse and worse literally every day.
    Also I'm experiencing performance degrading over time in every kind of instanced content, and it really looks to be only in instances. This feels like the described threading leak. After a time in the instance it's literally a slideshow of being able to do something for 1-2 seconds, then freezing for a fraction of a second, repeating until combat is over. CPU and GPU never get to 70 degrees even in this heat with all the cooling in place and fan curves raised, so I'll leave that possibility out of the equation. Somehow when I tab to Windows, I see that all the cores have been utilized for 100%.
    Some of the guild members have mentioned the same, and most of them are running nVidia graphics.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA, yesterday worked so well, today I can't even log in. Reset everything, the little circle just keeps spinning.

Evidently lots of folks having trouble.
    Edited by Sandman929 on July 20, 2018 12:20AM
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA - Definitely more issues tonight than last. No freezes, but heavy lag and a weird stutter thing. Had about a 5 minute load screen at one point. Parts of text chat not working. Sometimes I couldn’t move left or right. Keep structures still glitch and periodically go invisible just before a crash. Something is still not right at all.
  • LifeIsAGrave
    LifeIsAGrave
    ✭✭✭
    Right after I updated, tried to log in. FOR OVER 3 GD HOURS. Same thing today 2 hours so far. I can't even get to the character select. I either timeout or ESO says I don't have Xbox Live. I cleared my cash, deleted my saves, reset my router/modem. Nothing is working and I'm missing my daily rewards. Not cool. Not cool at all. BTW your supposed fixes did nothing - the game still freezes in BG, Cyrodiil and in PVE randomly - also outfits seem to equip themselves whenever they want when traveling or logging in - or switching to Soul Shriven weapons for no reason at all.
    CHARACTER PROGRESS
    https://www.twitch.tv/lifeisagrave
    Xbox One GT: Life Is A Grave - 714,167GS /157/157 ESO XBOX Achievements
    Xbox EU: CP2485:
    S'riracha F'lah - DK DD/T/H- GMC - GO - EP (47,005 Ach. Pts./8,959Hrs)
    Coral Galedriel - Ward DD/T/H - PVP14 - 9Trait - (45,245 Ach. Pts./768Hrs)
    Tythos Andromo - Cro DD/T/H - PVP12 - 9Trait - (45,385 Ach. Pts./766Hrs)
    Divine Hammer - Temp DD/T/H PVP13 - 9Trait - (44,560 Ach. Pts./457Hrs)
    Gwydion Fidgen - Sorc -DD/T/H - PVP17 - 9Trait - (45,380 Ach. Pts./1,448Hrs)
    Astronomical Space Cat - NB DD/T/H - PVP10 - All 50s - (44,725Ach. Pts./267Hrs)
    Daily Random Normal/Transmute Farmers:
    Violet Fissure - Sorc XP/H - PVP17 - All 50s - EP (44,660 Ach. Pts./341Hrs)
    Azure Pearl - Sorc XP/H - PVP15 - All 50s - EP (44,910 Ach. Pts./530Hrs)
    Rhot'n G'orc - Cro XP/H - PVP9 - All 50's - EP (44,160 Ach. Pts./121Hrs)
    Aether Sands - Necro XP/H - PVP3 - All 50s - EP (43,940 Ach. Pts./71Hrs)
    Eridium Flux - Temp XP/H - PVP7 - All 0s - EP (44,110 Ach. Pts./81Hrs)
    No Small Feat (Tiny T.) - Ward XP/H - PVP 13 - All 50s - EP (44,335 Ach. Pts./292Hrs)
    Viridian Frost - H. Ward XP/H - PVP11 - All 50s - EP (44,620 Ach. Pts./443Hrs)
    Chorrol Radpants - DK XP/H - PVP11 - All 50s - EP (44,220 Ach. Pts./732Hrs)
    T'torielle - LVL20 - DK DD - PVP 0 - All 50s - EP (43,780 Ach. Pts./5 Hrs)
    Xbox NA: CP1239:
    S'riracha F'lah - LVL50 DK DD/T/H- All50s - PVP 2 - EP (19,665 Ach. Pts./300Hrs)
    And I Dig It - LVL50 Sorc - XP/H - PVP 14 - All50s - EP (19,345. Ach. Pts./227Hrs)
    Carpathian Ridge - LVL50 Temp - XP/H PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,185 Ach. Pts./63Hrs)
    Tythos Andromo - LVL 36 Cro XP/H - PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,065 Ach. Pts./1.5Hrs)
    Coral Galedriel - LVL48 Ward XP/H - PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,065 Ach. Pts./1Hr)
    Astronomical Space Cat - LVL38 NB XP/H - PVP 3 - No Craft - EP (18,065Ach. Pts./1Hr)
    PC:EU Server/ESO ID @LifeIsAGrave - CP281
    Dark Aether - Sorc - PVP3 - Craft All 50's - AD (157 Hrs)
    PSN/ESO ID @Zo177b13 - No Chars-tbd
    UPDATE: 26 Nov, 2022
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Working well here. Went into Cyrodiil after patch and it was running as smooth as silk - actually the best I've ever experienced it - no crashing, no freezing, abilities all working properly, it was a joy to play, although the population was lowish.

Also went in later when it was pop locked, and still working fine - a bit laggy in some of the larger fights, but that's another issue. Played for a few hours purposely running in to big fights.

For me, the patch seems to have fixed everything that is was intended to fix - good job Zeni.

Xbox1 X NA.

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 5-7pm MST Xbox NA was pretty rough. Every load screen was minutes long. Then the game crashed and everything was fine for me after that. Crazy times.

Possibly a Live problem. The rest of the night was smooth, no crashes.
    Edited by Sandman929 on July 20, 2018 3:40AM
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been busy with some Cyrodiil time PS4 EU. It seems that freezes are less now however still some of them happening.

The thing that is back is USUALLY LONG LOADINGSCREENS! It can take few minutes to respawn into tent and such. That basically means that you are death and also some login issues back if bigger fights happening.

It seems a bit better now but sad thing is that this game could compete with fortnites and such games IF the servers etc would be up to the task. Sad really....
    Edited by Miswar on July 20, 2018 7:53AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Been busy with some Cyrodiil time PS4 EU. It seems that freezes are less now however still some of them happening.

The thing that is back is USUALLY LONG LOADINGSCREENS! It can take few minutes to respawn into tent and such. That basically means that you are death and also some login issues back if bigger fights happening.

It seems a bit better now but sad thing is that this game could compete with fortnites and such games IF the servers etc would be up to the task. Sad really....

For long load screens on PS4 NA, one thing we’ve found that works is to completely close down the application and start it up again the first time you get the “unusually long” loading message. That usually fixes it; if you don’t close the app and restart, you continue to get long load screens. Give that a try if it happens to you again — it may work.

But yeah, freezing is not fixed completely. The good thing, though, is that the two times I froze yesterday, I became unfrozen in 2-5 seconds. The rest of the game session was fine. We were (gasp!) actually able to take and defend keeps without anyone having to relog and miss out on AP, and we were even able to have a massive 20+ min three-way alliance fight at Bleakers.

It’s such a relief to have the freezing mostly gone.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mooslacker wrote: »
    Nothing is actually fixed on live. I've still experienced everything that was mentioned in patch notes, and it's actually getting worse and worse literally every day.
    Also I'm experiencing performance degrading over time in every kind of instanced content, and it really looks to be only in instances. This feels like the described threading leak. After a time in the instance it's literally a slideshow of being able to do something for 1-2 seconds, then freezing for a fraction of a second, repeating until combat is over. CPU and GPU never get to 70 degrees even in this heat with all the cooling in place and fan curves raised, so I'll leave that possibility out of the equation. Somehow when I tab to Windows, I see that all the cores have been utilized for 100%.
    Some of the guild members have mentioned the same, and most of them are running nVidia graphics.

PC EU, 1060Nvidia GPU, CPU i7, 16gb ram, W10. Everything updated, defragmented, cleaned.
    I also deleted shadercache & usersettings files for ESO after the update and the game built them new.

With ESO I currently have 0 (zero) problems and I do mostly PVP and questing. Actually the game overall feels faster and more prompt.

The problem some are still experiencing probably affect some people in certain circumstances.
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    Ran around Vivec on Xbox last night for ~3 hours, and did not experience any freezing, but had 3 hard crashes and numerous 5+ minute long loading screens.

I had to queue for Cyrodiil, and when I finally made it in, I experienced a loading screen for what I think was almost 10 minutes (I went and did something else, so am not 100% sure on the time). This seemed to be a common problem with at least 10 other people in the group I was in (we formed prior to loading into Cyrodiil and each individually queued).

The crashes were nothing new, but these loading screens were excessively long, even by ESO standards.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks so much for all the information, everyone. As the issues called out in the original post are now resolved, we're going to close this thread to avoid any confusion about current or new issues. We're continuing to work on any remaining crashes and other performance-related issues. If you're continuing to run into problems with stability after the most recent patch, please create a new thread or add to an existing/recent one. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.