The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Virgin Media - Constant disconnects, possible super hub issue?

Mait3rz
Mait3rz
✭✭
Hello me and a few of my friends have picked up ESO again recently. Unfortunately all of us are experiencing frequent disconnects(every 30 minutes or so). All of us are with virgin media. I have tried port forwarding the recommended ports. disabling firewall/anti-virus and setting a static I.p.

After searching around the internet this seems to be an on-going problem with Virgin Media customers who are using any model of the Superhub router.

So I have 2 questions, any other virgin media customers experiencing this currently, and have you managed to resolve the issue?

A solution that seems to work that I’m planning on trying if I don’t find another solution. Setting the Superhub to modem mode and using another router, can anyone give any recommendations for one that plays nicely with ESO?

Thanks
  • Casowen
    Casowen
    ✭✭✭
    have you done a repair?
  • Mait3rz
    Mait3rz
    ✭✭
    Yeah I’m 90% sure it’s the superhub.
  • TopKicks
    TopKicks
    Ugh, I'm having Virgin installed soon, be nice to know how you sorted this.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on virgin but I think it's the game not the router
  • stargazer69
    stargazer69
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the SH3, and it's terrible. I now run it in modem mode with an Asus RT-AC3200. I get the odd day when it seems to disconnect more often, but it's usually pretty stable for PS4/EU and can go weeks without any problems (a reboot of everything now and again usually helps generally with performance).
  • Mait3rz
    Mait3rz
    ✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    I'm on virgin but I think it's the game not the router

Maybe but it does seem to run perfectly fine for some people. I did a speed test from my phone earlier when I was disconnected ( when you’re still in game but nothing responds ) speed test failed to connect to a server.

So I believe virgin is partly to blame for at least some of these disconnects.
  • Mait3rz
    Mait3rz
    ✭✭
    I've got the SH3, and it's terrible. I now run it in modem mode with an Asus RT-AC3200. I get the odd day when it seems to disconnect more often, but it's usually pretty stable for PS4/EU and can go weeks without any problems (a reboot of everything now and again usually helps generally with performance).

I did a full factory reset on the router earlier, had 1 d/c so far.

Also contacted ESO support.... I won’t even comment on how badly that went, they didn’t even acknowledge my connection issue. Instead we’ve sent 10 messages back and forth talking about my graphics card....

• stargazer69
    stargazer69
    ✭✭✭
    Mait3rz wrote: »

I did a full factory reset on the router earlier, had 1 d/c so far.

Also contacted ESO support.... I won’t even comment on how badly that went, they didn’t even acknowledge my connection issue. Instead we’ve sent 10 messages back and forth talking about my graphics card....
    As I'm on a 'known' hardware platform (PS4 Pro - only change can be the hard drive), those sorts of diversions can't work. Having said that, they can always blame the PSN (which does have meltdowns now and again).

I've had VM since 2010 (started off as 50Mb), and the supplied hardware has been getting worse over the years. I held onto the 50Mb black 'lozenge' for as long as I could (last year), even though my line supported 200Mb, as it was totally solid. The 'SuperHubs' are rubbish, but the network itself is fine - just don't use their DNS, which is equally bad as their supplied gear, use google DNS or (the one i use) OpenDNS instead.
  • Mait3rz
    Mait3rz
    ✭✭
    I’m using Google’s DNS currently, il keep this post updated to see if it resolves my issue, or at least improves the situation.
    Edited by Mait3rz on March 27, 2018 11:45AM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ALWAYS use google/open dns, found it improves performance massively. Keep updates with whether it helps as I'm moving to Virgin on Friday :worried:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • stargazer69
    stargazer69
    ✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    I ALWAYS use google/open dns, found it improves performance massively. Keep updates with whether it helps as I'm moving to Virgin on Friday :worried:

Good luck, I've been trying to move house for 3 weeks but india keeps on saying 'no'. They want 3 years proof of residence at my old address (why? I've moved out) but won't take my VM ebills as proof, it has to be a paper bill and I don't have any).

When VM are good, they're very, very good; but when they're bad, they're horrid.
  • Tezz001
    Tezz001
    ✭✭
    Deleted what I wrote as I felt it may have been irrelevant. Apologies to the OP for accidentally hijacking your post.
    Edited by Tezz001 on June 3, 2018 2:50PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The old superhub I had constantly disconnected - everything, not just this game, wired and wireless.. Ended up using it in modem-only mode with my old router. Got the next generation of superhub now and its fine.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is Google DNS and how do you use it ?
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Random crashing? Oh yes. When I enter a dungeon, it's a 50/50 chance. If I haven't crashed then, I crash when it's done (a pain in the backside if you need to hand in quests or loot the boss.) It has gotten so bad that I feel the need to forewarn any poor sod who ends up playing with me in a dungeon, just in case I randomly disconnect and end up getting booted out for it.

5 times I have called Virgin and mailed ESO, both insist it isn't them.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not your network...Its ZoS's poor coding, server functionality, and inability to address actual game issues instead of pushing out new re-skinned mounts and broken content...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on June 30, 2018 4:09PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."