The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Calling out Sorcerer haters

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a complaint message.

CP 400+

Red guard stamina warden
    2H/bow
    Bone pirate 5/5
    Shackle breaker 5/5
    Blood spawn 2/2
    36k stam
    14k mag
    20k Health
    3.7k weapon dmg with back bar enchant proc’d
    2.6k stam recovery
    2.2k critical resist
    30%chance Crit without weapon Crit potion that I do run.
    24k resist with bloodspawn proc’d.

I usually don’t run CP campaigns due to the lag. But I decided to go to Shor because vivec was ungodly laggy. First guy I run into by sej is a solo sorc. I engage him and kinda play it stupid.. went full dps mode and never got past his shields. Got caught in a rune cage and got blown up from full health. So I Rez, message him asking for another 1v1, and told him I’m kinda new and trying to learn and that I wanted to fight again. He was cool with it. This time around I played more passively, trying to fake burst combos hoping to get him complacent. Got one good critical rush/sub/DB combo on him, wasn’t enough.. got him to about 40% he reapplied the shields, rune caged me and I died before I could even break free.

So I asked him what he thought I could do differently and that he was a tough match up for me. (I hold my own most of the time for being new) and he told me it’s just really tough right now with rune cage not being dodgeable or blockable, and that was about it. And it made sense. If it wasn’t for the rune cages, I could have probably reset a few times at least. And won? Probably not just due to him being a good player and me being new.(I don’t even know what spells look like coming from a sorc)

Then shortly after I am running back to another fight and I get overload+light attacked for 21.9k off my mount? I didn’t understand that one bit. Even though I don’t have a crap ton of resist I felt like that is a bit high one spell, I mean I have to time a combo just right to pull those numbers off. Not complaining.. just what I experienced in my short lived time in Shor :expressionless:

Long story short, if it matters coming from a new player I feel rune cage is the only thing over performing and maybe the overload thing but not sure exactly how it works.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated

Shimmering shield eats most of what sorc can throw at it. Thank you for the well thought out post.

Also skalks/dizzying/db wombo combo will nuke most sorcs
    Edited by usmguy1234 on June 21, 2018 7:47PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    NO CLASS should have unblockable, undodgeable skills or skill with no counterplay,

I play a Magblade with Torugspact, wizzards riposte and Valkyn mostly
    or
    Stamblade with shadowwalker, Hundingsrage+1 kena, 1 Velidreths.

Many releases back dodgeroll got a huge nerf/cost increase,
    How did we get back to the dodgeroll meta AGAIN.

I would rather have old crystal frags back TBH.

Nope. Nope to this idea.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate sorcs I hate fighting them. It's just annoying it's basically they turtle up and try to one shot me. I'm not going to die like that. they are too worried about staying alive to confirm kills.