The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console needs to be taken down asap (freezes + Updated with message from Zos)

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Hey guys just got a message from ZoS.

ZOS_AlexTardif 8:55AM
    Hello! Saw your thread about console performance with stuttering/freezes, and just wanted to give you a heads up that fixes are on the way. You can see the posts I made in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414161/multi-core-performance-update-improvement-or-deterioration

The fixes went live to PC during their incremental this week, and they'll be in the console incremental once it gets through certification, it just wasn't caught in time for certification for the console launch. Thanks so much for your patience in the meantime! We understand how frustrating the freezes/stutters are.

The incremental this week seems to have done more harm than good. I'm getting invisible floors and walls all over the place and crashes in a lot of PvE end game content.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Yzalirk wrote: »
    I have not experienced any major gameplay issues on PS4 NA. Weird.

Go into pvp and I bet you it will be a different story lol

yep, I did some PvEing yesterday soloing a few normal dungeons and didn't have any issues. Played PvP afterwards and it's a mess comparatively speaking.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dcuo / daybreak releases fixes for their games a day later when something is broken on ps4 and xbox so the fact it takes zos so long to release a fix for things on consoles must be their own fault not sony and Microsoft
    Edited by Jake1576 on June 8, 2018 3:19PM
  • SlowMetabolism
    SlowMetabolism
    ✭✭✭
    Played last night in Vivec (XB/NA) with full bars and the lag and freezes werent even as bad as they were 20 minutes ago when there was a total of 1 bar blue and 1 bar yellow. Evidently something else is causing the lag other than sheer numbers in PvP. Played for 30 minutes and experienced 3 total game freezes and constant choppyness. Didnt have a single complete game crashing freeze at all last night although the 1-2 second freezes were still rampant. What a joke.
    Day one Xbox player
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they just need to close off Cyrodiil until this is resolved :trollface:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's happening in all zones, but worst in Summerset zone. It's kind of scary to play right now because every time the game freezes, all I can hope is that it unfreezes instead of crashing, which already happened to me once, but only because I haven't had much time to play of late.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news when and if ever they are going to sort this out?

Its bad on consoles and if PC incremental that was refered to was a bust than.... well here we again with week after week waiting.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be fixed weeks/months from now lol
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Any news when and if ever they are going to sort this out?

Its bad on consoles and if PC incremental that was refered to was a bust than.... well here we again with week after week waiting.
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    It will be fixed weeks/months from now lol

This ^
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They say they have a fix for consoles Stutter and will be implemented next week with Maintenance...so we shall see
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok.. but if that was the "fix" they implemented on PC which did not fix anything than we are screwed.

It seems even streamers are avoiding Cyrodil on PC because it's sill a mess.

Searched but found nothing official from ZoS regarding this mess again.
  • SignalJumper
    4th day in row of Summerset lagging and freezing. ZOS, you can see the game is broken. Please advise your paying customers what is being done to resolve this.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    The incremental this week seems to have done more harm than good. I'm getting invisible floors and walls all over the place and crashes in a lot of PvE end game content.

It's not limited to end game content. Just running around a zone and it crashes a lot. Whatever 'fix' they applied it makes the game very unstable.
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ssg-slow/video/52931183

This is pvp atm. Freezes, lags, dashboard kicks. 2-3 times in a hour.

@ZOS_GinaBruno you know, microsoft allows now patches with priority certification? There is no need for waiting 2 weeks or more.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game is nearing unplayable :(
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken content year after year. They shouldn't have jobs.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    By now I'm sure the developers are aware of it and looking to find the cause, but as there's millions if not billions of lines of code to go over and compare to how each one interacts with the rest, it'll be awhile until there's a fix. This happens after every update. When Morrowind came out, Vivec City crashed almost instantly. It still does some, but not as bad as at launch.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    Yzalirk wrote: »
    I have not experienced any major gameplay issues on PS4 NA. Weird.

Me too, game seems smoother than before patch tbh.
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    Grungebr - Altmer magicka templar
    Eölbr - Dunmer magicka necro
    Drizztbr - Khajiit stamina nb
    "In my thoughts and in my dreams, they're always in my mind
    These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men, and elves
    Come close your eyes, you can see them too...
    "

• RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have they released an official statement? if this freezing problem lasts as long as the load screen problem (3ish weeks?) they are going to keep losing old players. All of the content has this problem, pvp is almost impossible to play. This game is getting older and while I'm a loyal daily player others are getting really fed up with the lack of server care. These problems should be fixed way sooner. Or at least acknowledge the problem to their players....act like they care.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    Have they released an official statement? if this freezing problem lasts as long as the load screen problem (3ish weeks?) they are going to keep losing old players. All of the content has this problem, pvp is almost impossible to play. This game is getting older and while I'm a loyal daily player others are getting really fed up with the lack of server care. These problems should be fixed way sooner. Or at least acknowledge the problem to their players....act like they care.

Yep, those are valid points. Question is, what other mmo will they play? None are as good as ESO right now...
    Tried TERA and come back so fast... MMO market is so bad right now :/
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    Grungebr - Altmer magicka templar
    Eölbr - Dunmer magicka necro
    Drizztbr - Khajiit stamina nb
    "In my thoughts and in my dreams, they're always in my mind
    These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men, and elves
    Come close your eyes, you can see them too...
    "

• Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    By now I'm sure the developers are aware of it and looking to find the cause, but as there's millions if not billions of lines of code to go over and compare to how each one interacts with the rest, it'll be awhile until there's a fix. This happens after every update. When Morrowind came out, Vivec City crashed almost instantly. It still does some, but not as bad as at launch.

They don’t find the right line of code since years...

• Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they can really fix these freezes, it seems to be a performance increase, but it would just be like avoid the worst case.
    Performance would be bad as always!

And you all know the first rule of ZOS:
    Fixing one problem just to create five more!

PS5|EU
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crashed again. Absolute joke.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Froze 3-4 times while in Shadowfen.
    Hard froze 6+ times in pvp
    Made the mistake of trying Hel Ra... everyone but the healer froze. Good times.

This is getting really annoying. I want to play this game, but having to reset my game or being instakilled by lag? Not fun.
    Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on June 9, 2018 1:48PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While Summerset is gorgeous and whatnot, I’m amazed ZOS published an update in this state. I’m currently grinding weapon lines on my Warden and Templar in Auridon via dolmens, and it’s barely playable. When my game isn’t freezing up for 4-8 seconds at a time, it’s a slideshow. Every so often I’ll get a stretch of ~30 FPS until the freezing/slideshow starts up again. The issue does not seem to be tied to player congestion, and is happening all over the map.

We really need a console PTS...
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    This is why I didn't Pre-Order, more and more games are being released broken because they don't need to release a working game because so many are willing to give their money so quickly. Now if everyone would wait until the game releases to see if it works or not and don't buy it until it works this kind of crap wont happen anymore.

I log in and see the game is not working just like with all their other expansions and simply closed app and moved on to a game this is working. ESO is working as it should be I might buy it then but I wont be paying them to fix what should be already working.

All those who pre-ordered... you are all chumps.

Or expected it and wanted to not be super far behind all our peers
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Sun7dance wrote: »
    This was my life in PvP PS4 NA last night, except some freezes were unrecoverable (Had to force-close app and restart)

I've been playing ESO since launch, but the lack of adequate testing on console prior to release of new updates is really getting old. How do they not catch this internally? Why is it not acknowledged? It's just so disappointing. So many lost opportunities with this game.

Lol that's the same thing i think of when people get banned for stuff that could of been found in under a half an hour of testing. Talking about you vas exploit.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im still waiting for my data cap to refill but fix this before i even waste the money on summerset...
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    If frame drops weren't an issue, the game has also managed to reintroduce eternal loading screens in BGS and broken queuing systems. Awesome.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP is completely unplayable. I just went in for the first time since patch (since I knew about the lag freeze) and I literally couldn't do anything. freezing nonstop along with two "hard freezes" that never ended and I had to close app. New content is great an all but this needs to be fixed.... I haven't seen them even acknowledge the problem yet.

This game by far has the best combat and pvp but they are literally killing with these unplayable updates. 3 weeks for the load screen problem now this. Can we get a console pts? They should log in on the game right now and just experience it

I really hate to complain because I adore this game but... jesus...
This discussion has been closed.