The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console needs to be taken down asap (freezes + Updated with message from Zos)

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just got a bit more info. To recap another post from this morning, we have seen your reports of an increase in performance issues on console since Summerset and Update 18 went live. We have some improvements coming with the next console update, which is coming next week. We understand the impact of these issues and are expediting the patch.

Well at least this is been resolved a lot quicker than the dragon bones loading screen issue.

Bite your tongue, i bet it's not resolved.
  • JohnDoggett
    JohnDoggett
    ✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just got a bit more info. To recap another post from this morning, we have seen your reports of an increase in performance issues on console since Summerset and Update 18 went live. We have some improvements coming with the next console update, which is coming next week. We understand the impact of these issues and are expediting the patch.

Well at least this is been resolved a lot quicker than the dragon bones loading screen issue.

Bite your tongue, i bet it's not resolved.

I expect not.
    I actually wonder what their coding looks like, given access. If you can imagine downloading ESO to an htdocs folder or whatever it may be in gaming terms and looking at the contents I bet you couldn't decipher what line entries are live or dead. I bet its a mess.
  • Ranger74z
    Ranger74z
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: I've no idea if Zenimax did something with the servers, or maybe there's just less people on...but...PvE in Summerset works now.

I just randomly went to Alinor to see if it was still hell tonight, and while it does lag a little, it's definitely playable.
    I've actually gotten some Summerset questing done! Wow! :)

I know this doesn't help the PvP people out there, and I haven't been back to the starting area but anyways...just an update.

Xbox NA
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did few hours PvP in PS4 during the weekend. The SERVER PERFORMANCE is %&%€&%&&% horrific. Lost count on how many FREEZES and game restarts forced to do.

Other than that server seemed up and down with normal lag... and hell the PvP was not even full with 1-2 bars each.

A lot of pissed off customers and you can say that by reading zone chats.

DO YOU HAVE AN Q&A TEAM???????????? ... and HOW CAN THIS KIND OF CRAP go UNNOTICED?

Stop feeding them crownstore money.. only way to wake them up.

Also I do feel ZOS owns an apology ... yet again the game is UNPLAYABLE status.

Damn pissed off by this...
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this explains what happen to me the other night and something new as well i placed on here Xbox NA

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/420101/really-zos-really-is-this-a-new-game-feature-now#latest
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Hearts_Wake
    Hearts_Wake
    ✭✭✭
    They should allow us to port to pc. It seems pc has issues a wee bit less frequent and somewhat handled faster (question mark).
    QQ.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, they ARE really pretty screen-savers
    When I bought Summerset I didn’t realize I was just buying a series of Screen Savers....

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, two weeks later and the performance on PS4 Pro is still abysmal.

I mean what's with all these freezes? Never had them before.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up setting my Pro aside and going back to my old 500gb PS4. Too many issues with the Pro. I'm waiting for the 5.
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    So, two weeks later and the performance on PS4 Pro is still abysmal.

I mean what's with all these freezes? Never had them before.

• Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    Hey all,

they have to wait a whole week........dang why not just roll it out later this week >_> dont make them sit and suffer it thats just rediculous

Because the system is owned by Sony and Microsoft, they first need to approve the patch and such!
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there been any kind of update from ZOS?
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know what time the patch to fix the lagging mess/freezes of Cyrodiil is dropping for PS4 this week? I would love to be able to play PVP properly this week.
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have maintenance today...

Six hours after PC’s maintenance is due to end. :( While I’m happy some work is on the way, I figured console would be the priority, given that PC already got their fix...

Silly me.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Never mind, misread. This is why you don’t browse the forums after a night shift. :P Console maintenance is tomorrow.

My point still stands, though. We should have been fixed first. :(
    Edited by Aurielle on June 19, 2018 11:11AM
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS deserves all bad publicity its getting from summerset launch. A shambles of a DLC. Especially for anyone who does anything remotely related to PvP.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope they fix it! I will say we are skeptical due to last year’s loading screens issues.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have they confirmed that the maintenance is related to the issues? i wish they had made one thread for this like @ZOS_GinaBruno had done for the long load screens. they can't even reply correctly at this point.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    have they confirmed that the maintenance is related to the issues? i wish they had made one thread for this like @ZOS_GinaBruno had done for the long load screens. they can't even reply correctly at this point.

I was thinking this too, I can see that there is maintenance but is it defiantly to address the lagging issues or something else? I was thoroughly upset with the DLC especially at the cost for the collectors edition. I expected there would be hiccups on release day but these hiccups are more like earthquakes.
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

I heard people are continuing to freeze! Please fix this ASAP!

• Titaniiumite
    Does anyone know if the fixes for this issue came with the recent 12gb patch? Or is the fix going to be the coming week?
    DC - Every class - 900cp
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't freeze that often or for long on PS4. Average 3 seconds two or three times in four hours of play. Lucky I guess? I feel for those having serious problems. Sucks the fun right out of a game.
  • Queen_Havoc
    Queen_Havoc
    Soul Shriven
    Ps4 NA here. Still having lag and freezing issues. I noticed no difference with the patch.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    12 gig update and still not sorted the freezing :(
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to strip my game down to the minimum otherwise I get dc'd during trials. Skeleton polymorph, no sound, no music, no quest markers, no damage numbers & no quest givers icons...that's the only way it works for me.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    I have to strip my game down to the minimum otherwise I get dc'd during trials. Skeleton polymorph, no sound, no music, no quest markers, no damage numbers & no quest givers icons...that's the only way it works for me.

I seriously am going to turn off everything I can next time I log on. I also just ordered a hard drive for my Xbox one X.

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm way off base here, but shouldn't Community Managers be somewhat invested in managing the community? Communication and all that? @ZOS_GinaBruno is there ever going to be a mention, even in passing, regarding the absolute disaster that Summerset has brought?
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do, just not on things like this. If anything, they would refer you to the issues and solutions forums (or simply move your thread). They are, after all, managing the community, not managing the complaint department. If that was the case, with all the complaining I'm seeing, there wouldn't be time for anything else and then who would flag you for baiting, profanity, bullying or flaming.
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm way off base here, but shouldn't Community Managers be somewhat invested in managing the community? Communication and all that? @ZOS_GinaBruno is there ever going to be a mention, even in passing, regarding the absolute disaster that Summerset has brought?

• Skall66
    Skall66
    ✭✭✭
    They should allow us to port to pc. It seems pc has issues a wee bit less frequent and somewhat handled faster (question mark).

If they do, I bet it will be only through Steam :expressionless:
    Mudcrab magnet
    Xbox EU
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Conclusion after 20min of PvP play on PS4:

- more lag
    - more asynchrony
    - slightly less freezes, but if then with game crash

And last but not least the very new feature:
    Players in PvP just disappear for a few seconds, although they aren't nightblades!

Congratulation ZOS for another fantastic patch!
    PS5|EU
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

Ok. 5h Maintenance, 13GB Patch and still freezes, lags, more asynchronity as before and Gamecrashes to Dashboard. (Xbox One S and Xbox One X)

@all Console players. The best way is, don’t play this game anymore. It’s a big joke what Zos doing with us here, really.

But if we say, we don’t trust Zos anymore cause they are lying to us, we get a warning here or a ban. Are you serious Zos? Or tell us the truth and say; We don’t care about pvp players. So we can searching for a new game for us.

This is unacceptable.
This discussion has been closed.