The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console needs to be taken down asap (freezes + Updated with message from Zos)

• Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tera is a nice game, we play that now since ZOS doesnt care about performance issues. My wife cant do trials on pc due to freezing and i havent had so many console restarts in my life. But hey my wife thought it could be on our end and took her stuff to a friends house and tried playing there. Guess what... Yup freezing while trying to do trials.

I tried Tera at console launch and it was fun but really really laggy but my biggest issue with Tera is that mounts are character bound and not account bound. I might give Tera another shot at some point if Zos cannot fix ESO.
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kromegas wrote: »
    Last night in Cyrodiil I froze 6 times in 30 minutes. Only got to play for 8 minutes as I waited to reload by character. This is INSANE and REDICULOUS. No, it’s not my set up: running an X with SSD, wired connection 75mbps, 7ms ping. Before Summerset from January through May, I only froze a TOTAL of 2 times..........

Sounds like what happened to me last night on Xbox EU. I got home from work, logged in and took my low level Stamsorc to pvp. I was at bleekers and put down an oil pot, used it once and then froze. In the next 8 minutes or so this exact same thing happened 4 more times. I lost a total of 5 oil pots because my game kept freezing. I am pretty thick headed but even I realized this was no longer going to work so I just went and found something else to do.
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »
    kromegas wrote: »
    Last night in Cyrodiil I froze 6 times in 30 minutes. Only got to play for 8 minutes as I waited to reload by character. This is INSANE and REDICULOUS. No, it’s not my set up: running an X with SSD, wired connection 75mbps, 7ms ping. Before Summerset from January through May, I only froze a TOTAL of 2 times..........

Sounds like what happened to me last night on Xbox EU. I got home from work, logged in and took my low level Stamsorc to pvp. I was at bleekers and put down an oil pot, used it once and then froze. In the next 8 minutes or so this exact same thing happened 4 more times. I lost a total of 5 oil pots because my game kept freezing. I am pretty thick headed but even I realized this was no longer going to work so I just went and found something else to do.

Xbox NA... I avoid Bleakers, Alessia and Faregyl like the plague. Always get screen freeze, even when not many other players around.
    Livin' the dream...
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tera is a nice game, we play that now since ZOS doesnt care about performance issues. My wife cant do trials on pc due to freezing and i havent had so many console restarts in my life. But hey my wife thought it could be on our end and took her stuff to a friends house and tried playing there. Guess what... Yup freezing while trying to do trials.

I tried Tera at console launch and it was fun but really really laggy but my biggest issue with Tera is that mounts are character bound and not account bound. I might give Tera another shot at some point if Zos cannot fix ESO.

If Tera is really laggy you can manually switch to a different channel/instance. Usually helps take the lag away
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭

I have a level 65 in Tera, might go back to that after the current campaign ends in Vivec, which I think is in 2 days.
    Livin' the dream...
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how quickly this got buried.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

It’s okay. The crown store will be getting an emergency fix on Monday.
    Meanwhile, PvP has to wait for the incremental.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on June 28, 2018 8:42PM
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/CWO3RXTvDdU
    Had this bug a lot recently, hope it helps. Always around 5-10pm uk time
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by MCBIZZLE300 on June 29, 2018 7:12AM
  • KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭
    Even lagged while leveling up a werewolf,couldn't even do light or heavy attacks properly
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post needs to stay on the first page.
  • JohnDoggett
    JohnDoggett
    ✭✭
    To all those that are losing Alliance points when perma freezing before taking keeps or outposts.

If you get the perma freeze with looping audio noise, requiring complete close and re-launch of game it may be worth while leaving the perma freeze on screen for a couple of minutes. The reason is that when you perma freeze and cannot play your character is actually still there in the game. Assuming your fellow mates actually win the keep you should get the AP.
    If you close game immediately you probably won't, however if your mates lose the keep you will be a sitting duck for the enemy and will be on the floor dead when spawned back in on re-launch.

As of last night, 28.06.18 was the worst playing experience I have ever had in the history of the game period! I have video captured it and will try to YouTube link for Gina and clan. The stuttering in general with the inevitable perma freeze is all there. It was so bad I had trouble actually orienting the camera with regard to aiming, and trying to work out what skill I was using, or had already used but not seen it, and then just plain dead from seeing nothing hit me.
    To be honest it was all a pointless exercise and the only bonus from it was a few miserable AP.

I will send link later.

• Recon4thCav
    Recon4thCav
    ✭✭✭
    Go to the pinned post to report your issues...
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever they did yesterday to try to patch did not work..same painintheassshit over and over and over.
    Edited by Jammer480 on June 29, 2018 12:21PM
    Livin' the dream...
  • JohnDoggett
    JohnDoggett
    ✭✭
    To all those that are losing Alliance points when perma freezing before taking keeps or outposts.

If you get the perma freeze with looping audio noise, requiring complete close and re-launch of game it may be worth while leaving the perma freeze on screen for a couple of minutes. The reason is that when you perma freeze and cannot play your character is actually still there in the game. Assuming your fellow mates actually win the keep you should get the AP.
    If you close game immediately you probably won't, however if your mates lose the keep you will be a sitting duck for the enemy and will be on the floor dead when spawned back in on re-launch.

As of last night, 28.06.18 was the worst playing experience I have ever had in the history of the game period! I have video captured it and will try to YouTube link for Gina and clan. The stuttering in general with the inevitable perma freeze is all there. It was so bad I had trouble actually orienting the camera with regard to aiming, and trying to work out what skill I was using, or had already used but not seen it, and then just plain dead from seeing nothing hit me.
    To be honest it was all a pointless exercise and the only bonus from it was a few miserable AP.

I will send link later.

Here is the link to what I think sums up the current problem. Most of the time I double hit skills because bar won't swap. This one was from last night 28.06.18. I agree with Jammer480 whatever they did last night made it worse????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AirkFfA-1g0
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcb123 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/CWO3RXTvDdU
    Had this bug a lot recently, hope it helps. Always around 5-10pm uk time
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

lol saw a player doing that on PS4 NA last night...I assumed it was an idiot with a modded controller running around just rapid spamming attacks...I killed him for his heresy...lol
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump, which I know is futile...

So, can anyone suggest a different game? I've been playing this game for 2 years straight (after taking a year off), and been playing only this game.

Any suggestions welcome because PvP is horrible right now.
    Edited by Hurtfan on June 29, 2018 3:10PM
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you done the remaster of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen yet? It doesn't have a PvP component, but it does have a social component and the insane difficulty is a hoot, especially the DLC and post game.
    Hurtfan wrote: »

So, can anyone suggest a different game? I've been playing this game for 2 years straight (after taking a year off), and been playing only this game.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not for everyone but I've been enjoying TERA on the Xbox. It being free is a nice bonus.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Have you done the remaster of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen yet? It doesn't have a PvP component, but it does have a social component and the insane difficulty is a hoot, especially the DLC and post game.

I love Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, didn't know there was a remaster. Excellent suggestion, and done.
    For the Pact!
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

It's not for everyone but I've been enjoying TERA on the Xbox. It being free is a nice bonus.

Don't have an Xbone but hearing good things about this game.
    For the Pact!
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freezing is still happening in EU server on PS4. It was really bad tonight in Cyrodiil so I have wrote in a support ticket. Are we going to have to wait a month for a fix?
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• OGNZ3
    OGNZ3
    ✭✭✭
    I think at least 3 weeks
    Xbox One - EU
    Nephilims PvE Guild
    AR 50

PC - EU
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol invisible AD zerg sieging Bleakers right now on PS4NA. We can't see them they keep appearing then disappearing cause of the glitching.

Disgusting.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread as the conversation has gotten off track, for the latest updates on this topic please check out this thread: Update for Crashes/Freezing on Console
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.