Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console needs to be taken down asap (freezes + Updated with message from Zos)

• DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom invisible players is a problem too, both friendly and enemy. I dont know if they're intentionally glitching or what, but we've seen it on both enemy factions and our own where people rotate their whole combo without being visible. You just take damage from an empty space shooting sparkles at you.

And no this wasn't a nb spamming cheese, had sorc running thru his combo on me that I couldn't see
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I have to find out about this invisibility thing. Must be some sort of ungent, ointment, potion or draught. Hmm...
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom invisible players is a problem too, both friendly and enemy. I dont know if they're intentionally glitching or what, but we've seen it on both enemy factions and our own where people rotate their whole combo without being visible. You just take damage from an empty space shooting sparkles at you.

And no this wasn't a nb spamming cheese, had sorc running thru his combo on me that I couldn't see

• dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Now I have to find out about this invisibility thing. Must be some sort of ungent, ointment, potion or draught. Hmm...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/421104/fighting-an-invisible-mag-dk-and-warden-naps4

Video above :smile:

PS4NA
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not only have to restart every 1-15 minat Cyro,i got to listen this faskin intro ear piercing music
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got back into the game after a couple months break and I've noticed the stuttering/freezing as well. I've only being running around morrowind levelling up my magden but it's a noticeable difference from when I levelled my stamden last year at morrowind launch.

I'm on PS4 btw
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »
    Thanks all. :) We appreciate it. Just got a few more details from the team. It sounds like what would help them the most is longer videos along the timestamp(s) of where the issue appears in the video, the character name, and the platform/server.

Are you serious?

Wait, i have a perfect idea, because i'm a real professional programmer.

1.) Buy a PS4 and a xBox (both seem to be your first ones! ;) )
    2.) Install the game
    3.) play the game and just wait

This! Play on Xbox in Vivec!

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Thank you! We have had our internal QA team running on the live console servers to capture the issues reported in this thread, and that's one of them. Seeing videos created by players helps us validate that we're seeing the same things, but we definitely have that one captured and are investigating.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was disconnected in the inner part of the keep, defending it. When I logged back in I must've been invisible because I was killing people but they weren't attacking me, they were running around in disarray trying to find me.

I wasn't glitching, it just happened after I rebooted, after the screen freezing, so it's probably a side-effect of that.
    Edited by Hurtfan on June 22, 2018 8:59PM
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Seems alright for PS4 NA.

The only thing I could do without is the low frame rate.

I'm on PS4 NA and I freeze in every big battle. Only way out is to close app, lose tic, and leave Cyrodiil.
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all due respect, why can't some of the dev team and other ZOS staff who have consoles just play the game from home like normal people and experience this for themselves?
    Very strange, not hard to reproduce at all.

That would make sense. They can’t do it if it makes sense.
    They need all of us Stockholm syndrome consumers to pay for the game AND provide the leg work.

Even though they’ve insisted that they can’t QA consoles for years now and suddenly they have people online doing it.

I can’t post the videos from console or my phone, or I’d have a couple for you though. So, sorry but I can’t “help”.
    Edited by davidj8291 on June 22, 2018 9:16PM
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m curious as to why it took 18 days after everyone reporting the issues to get QA onto the live servers though. :/
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    I’m curious as to why it took 18 days after everyone reporting the issues to get QA onto the live servers though. :/

The world may never know......
    Edited by DrSweetazz on June 22, 2018 9:21PM
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyss1991 wrote: »
    Also was able to slide over to Cyrodiil/Imperial City yesterday in Sotha Sil to cash in my key frags for jewelry to decon..No lag, No issues.

Does fast internet help this issue at all? I get over 200 mbps, I wonder if this has anything to do with me not seeing crucial issues like others?

I have over 200 down as well, and I'm seeing massive lag and freezes. Instead of Sotha Sil - an empty server - head into Vivec and try PVP at Roebeck or some other contested keep. Let me know how it goes.
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the video works. 21 seconds in. Kills-many-with-spears is the character name. Xbox 1 X, NAbserver, Shor campaign, BRK north side by lumber.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/paallterrain148/video/54001330

Yes it worked and that's perfect, thank you!

Later since we probably won't get another response till Monday lol
    Lyss1991 wrote: »
    Also was able to slide over to Cyrodiil/Imperial City yesterday in Sotha Sil to cash in my key frags for jewelry to decon..No lag, No issues.

Does fast internet help this issue at all? I get over 200 mbps, I wonder if this has anything to do with me not seeing crucial issues like others?

I have over 200 down as well, and I'm seeing massive lag and freezes. Instead of Sotha Sil - an empty server - head into Vivec and try PVP at Roebeck or some other contested keep. Let me know how it goes.

I know how it will go they will freeze consistently and get frustrated and quit that's what has happened to me now i'm left trying to find other things to do and it sucks because pvp is the only part of the game i rather enjoy
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Just got a bit more info. To recap another post from this morning, we have seen your reports of an increase in performance issues on console since Summerset and Update 18 went live. We have some improvements coming with the next console update, which is coming next week. We understand the impact of these issues and are expediting the patch.

The alleviated the issues for a couple of days, but now it's back to freezes, extreme lag and an playable game in Cyrodiil. I play games to relax, but this one is making me miserable.
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If their are people that work for zos on the live server right now have them go into vivec on ps4 na and ask players their some questions that's where a big part if the freezing is happening

Thank you! We have had our internal QA team running on the live console servers to capture the issues reported in this thread, and that's one of them. Seeing videos created by players helps us validate that we're seeing the same things, but we definitely have that one captured and are investigating.

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJAjQoNJANY
    This happens to me with NPC mobs all the time in Cyrodiil. I don't think it's players exploiting.
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

This happens to me with NPC mobs all the time in Cyrodiil. I don't think it's players exploiting.

Yea I don't think so either now, someone just posted that had this happen to them after a crash. He said he ran around attacking people and no one would fight back, they would just run run around confused
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yea I don't think so either now, someone just posted that had this happen to them after a crash. He said he ran around attacking people and no one would fight back, they would just run run around confused
    I've not had it happen with players but I've come across keeps and resources since where all the guards are invisible but one or two. /reloadui doesn't fix it either. I bug reported it but no idea if/when it'll be seen.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is this video posted here this is a thread about crap happening on console don't you guys already get enough of the devs attention
    Edited by Jake1576 on June 22, 2018 10:14PM
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »

Now you’re asking difficult questions.
  • HansaBergen
    HansaBergen
    ✭✭✭
    Think they fixed it.. Only 3 freez the last 20min.. Yesterday it was 5! Gg Zeni..
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally can’t go anywhere near a fight in Cyrodiil right now without freezing and having to restart. I’m changing the name of this garbage to PvF - player vs freeze - because I’ve barely had a chance to fight players. Really pathetic.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone just play BG's. Much better experience anyways.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    Everyone just play BG's. Much better experience anyways.

No thanks. The game was marketed as having large-scale AvAvA battles and that's what we should expect.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

As we continue to investigate the reported performance issues (freezing, poor FPS/latency, disconnects) on our console servers, we are looking for video clips (or even livestreams) of what you are experiencing. If you're able to share them in this thread, it would be a huge help to the team.

Thank you, and we appreciate your assistance.

What about PC they are feeling it as well..
  • Recon4thCav
    Recon4thCav
    ✭✭✭
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=YUONxYx0398

A friend's video of him not freezing, but seeing others freeze.
    PS4 NA Vivec
  • Renegade1O
    Renegade1O
    ✭✭
    Hurtfan wrote: »
    I was disconnected in the inner part of the keep, defending it. When I logged back in I must've been invisible because I was killing people but they weren't attacking me, they were running around in disarray trying to find me.

I wasn't glitching, it just happened after I rebooted, after the screen freezing, so it's probably a side-effect of that.

Yes I experienced this exact same thing. I logged back in after a freeze surrounded by enemies so I just attacked and it was like they had no idea where the hell I was. I killed three of them before I'm guessing I appeared on their screens and then they mobbed me.
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vivec is awful on PS4 EU atm.
This discussion has been closed.