Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow vampires to show/hide pale skin or eyes and make body markings/head markings more visible.

• Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocki wrote: »
    Bruccius wrote: »
    @Chilly-McFreeze

War paint, face paint, whatever you want to call it, is fine. One only has to look at Skyrim to see that. But the skin itself, that's what changes. The pale skin is part of vampirism, war paint can mask part of it... Or all of it, if you want to paint your entire body in one color... The same thing with red eyes.

Such a solution is fair, but not a toggle. Because, again, that's lore-breaking, and half of the Elder Scrolls universe is based off of its lore.

You know I've got like 5 different skins to choose from to hide vampirism? That lore is already broken, sorry. That argument might hold some water if vampires actually had to look like vampires right now but they don't, so that argument makes no sense.

Some of those Psijic abilities seem kinda strong, what's the drawback to levelling up Psijic? Maybe we should take more ice damage and be unable to wear hats, or something.

Yes, having to work hard or pay money to disguise yourself is clearly comparable to just being able to toggle something on or off, don't make me laugh.

The Psijics are strong in lore, and don't have drawbacks in lore. Stop with these ridiculous ideas that break the lore.

Oh no, not the lore! The lore must be protected at all costs (unless you spend a few crowns, then it doesn't matter).

:D

Is it part of the lore that vampires can't use body or face markings too?

If you don't care about the franchise, that's your problem, the majority of Elder Scrolls fans, however, do. Having to pay to ''fix'' it, while also lore-breaking, at least makes you put effort into it. Same thing with polymorphs.

Also, if you went a few comments back, I already elaborated on face paint and all that stuff.
  • Simit
    Simit
    ✭✭
    I choose to be a vampire with everything that entails including how i look of which i have no problem with as i choose that path so it was my decision, with that said if i wanted to look "normal" i'd just get cured or as ppl are using the rp excuse well i'd use a appearance outfit which hides the vampire look an makes you look normal.

The tools are in game to look normal it just tough luck if there not to your liking but again with that said if zos decided to add some sort of feature/toggle/skill that can be used to hide the appearance i wouldn't have a problem with it, i wouldn't use it simply because as i said it was my choice on being a vampire an i accept everything that comes with that choice but i wouldn't have a problem with it being implemented
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's lore-friendly to make stage 1 look completely normal - ZOS inserted some new strain of vampirism in Cyrodiil or w/e. That you can't do so is actually lore breaking :D The fading of body paints and the like is also ridiculous. ZOS needs to get their stuff together - there are so many things wrong with their costomes/body markings/etc.

Edit: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Manifesto_Cyrodiil_Vampyrum All ESO vamps meet Lamae Bal during the vamp quest. This is the strain of vampirism y'all got.

If you look back at http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Immortal_Blood , you see

"I told him what I could. There was but one tribe in Cyrodiil, a powerful clan who had ousted all other competitors, much like the Imperials themselves had done. Their true name was unknown, lost in history, but they were experts at concealment. If they kept themselves well-fed, they were indistinguishable from living persons. They were cultured, more civilized than the vampires of the provinces, preferring to feed on victims while they were asleep, unaware."

So, it is definitely lore friendly. @Bruccius yo.
    Edited by Tonturri on June 8, 2018 4:13PM
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

War paint, face paint, whatever you want to call it, is fine. One only has to look at Skyrim to see that. But the skin itself, that's what changes. The pale skin is part of vampirism, war paint can mask part of it... Or all of it, if you want to paint your entire body in one color... The same thing with red eyes.

Such a solution is fair, but not a toggle. Because, again, that's lore-breaking, and half of the Elder Scrolls universe is based off of its lore.

You know I've got like 5 different skins to choose from to hide vampirism? That lore is already broken, sorry. That argument might hold some water if vampires actually had to look like vampires right now but they don't, so that argument makes no sense.

Some of those Psijic abilities seem kinda strong, what's the drawback to levelling up Psijic? Maybe we should take more ice damage and be unable to wear hats, or something.

Yes, having to work hard or pay money to disguise yourself is clearly comparable to just being able to toggle something on or off, don't make me laugh.

The Psijics are strong in lore, and don't have drawbacks in lore. Stop with these ridiculous ideas that break the lore.

Oh no, not the lore! The lore must be protected at all costs (unless you spend a few crowns, then it doesn't matter).

If you don't care about the franchise, that's your problem, the majority of Elder Scrolls fans, however, do. Having to pay to ''fix'' it, while also lore-breaking, at least makes you put effort into it. Same thing with polymorphs.

Also, if you went a few comments back, I already elaborated on face paint and all that stuff.

Well at least you're OK with it being hidden as long as there's effort put into it. Maybe a quest to unlock the ability?
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    I just think it feels utterly wrong that people are vampires if they dislike to be vampires, so get rid of the permanent passives and voila all problems solved, now only those play it that actually want to play an active vampire playstyle (that should get some buffs however to it- currently the true "vampire playstyle" is very underwhelming).

Would just be improvements for all sides. Those that play vampires would be more happy and the others wouldnt miss anything out if they arent vampires.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    It's lore-friendly to make stage 1 look completely normal - ZOS inserted some new strain of vampirism in Cyrodiil or w/e. That you can't do so is actually lore breaking :D The fading of body paints and the like is also ridiculous. ZOS needs to get their stuff together - there are so many things wrong with their costomes/body markings/etc.

Edit: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Manifesto_Cyrodiil_Vampyrum All ESO vamps meet Lamae Bal during the vamp quest. This is the strain of vampirism y'all got.

"I told him what I could. There was but one tribe in Cyrodiil, a powerful clan who had ousted all other competitors, much like the Imperials themselves had done. Their true name was unknown, lost in history, but they were experts at concealment. If they kept themselves well-fed, they were indistinguishable from living persons. They were cultured, more civilized than the vampires of the provinces, preferring to feed on victims while they were asleep, unaware."

Once again, a petty argument. Yes, stage one Cyrodiilic vampires look the same as any other person. Why? Because they aren't real vampires then; they merely got the vampirism disease.

Wait a couple days, and that ''disease'' has developed into a full fledged vampire; complete with the pale skin, distorted face, and red eyes.

Not sure what you were talking about in the first place, as nothing of what you just came up with disproves what I claim... If anything, it only strengthens my point.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

Well at least you're OK with it being hidden as long as there's effort put into it. Maybe a quest to unlock the ability?

A quest would be even better than polymorphs and purchases, as that way there'd be a lore reason attached to it.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

A quest would be even better than polymorphs and purchases, as that way there'd be a lore reason attached to it.

finally something we agree with. A quest involving dealing with clavicus vile to hide our vampirism for a price. Though zos would likely want to cash in on peoples desire to have a mortal skin so that is unlikely
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once again, a petty argument. Yes, stage one Cyrodiilic vampires look the same as any other person. Why? Because they aren't real vampires then; they merely got the vampirism disease.

Wait a couple days, and that ''disease'' has developed into a full fledged vampire; complete with the pale skin, distorted face, and red eyes.

Not sure what you were talking about in the first place, as nothing of what you just came up with disproves what I claim... If anything, it only strengthens my point.

I don't know where you got that stage 1 vampires aren't vampires, but that's horribly incorrect. In-game, you aren't 'stage one' when bitten, you just have a debuff (some latin-y sounding name). You've got nothing backing up this 'aren't real vampires' thing. The disease develops via the quest, where you meet Lamae Bal. After that, you get the stages. This is even shown in the lorebooks I've linked, where the Cyrodiilic vampire is most definitely a vampire, but it isn't shown until the end - the dude even explicitly states that he hasn't fed in some lengthy amount of hours.

Was in relation to someone claiming that vampires looking normal wasn't lore friendly. Might've pinged the wrong person I guess, my bad if that's the case.

Anywho. The stages are feeding related (see in-game and near the end of the Immortal Blood link). Vampires looking normal is 100% lore friendly.
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with an option to turn the vampire appearance off, as long as the vampire skills/passives get nerfed and being a vampire recieves a clearer disadvantage. If you're fine with a nerf to your abilities/passives and some clear disadvantages to being a vampire, then I support you getting the option to not look like a vampire.

If the vampire doesn't get a nerf/ clear disadvantage, then everyone will become a vampire, and a majority of those people will turn the appearence off. Then you have 60-80% of the population running around as a vampire, and none will look any different than the rest of the population nor suffer any specific and unique disadvantages. At that point they can just remove the name 'vampire' and add a skill line called 'superior choice' with the same skills/passives.

Having a strong advantage and equally strong disadvantage is part of the vampire identity, just as LOOKING like a vampire is part of it. If you remove both of those, then you're not a vampire anymore. It's like being a werewolf while looking like a human and not being weak to silver.

A good disadvantage would be to reduce healing recieved (outside of your vampire abilities) by 20-50%, and make it so that you're unable to use healing potions and slot certain abilities on your bar (Fighters Guild, etc).
    Edited by Aluneth on June 8, 2018 9:25PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want them to allow cosmetic add-ons so our vampires can look like this:

fd9777005b872f3c499c2ee3d7f04acd.jpg

Oh, it's so hot, do I have to bat-swarm now?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this is STILL a thing?

Look, it's been.....I don't even know how long it has been. Let's just say a VERY LONG TIME and let it stand at that.

So, it has been a very long time and still no changes to vampire appearance.

Horse dead. Stop beating, please.

As long as vampirism remains mandatory in PvE, there will be people who are unhappy with the appearance.

If vampirism were a purely cosmetic choice, people wouldn't complain about it since they could choose to be or not be a vampire. But when the biggest regen buff in the game is attached to being a vampire, that choice disappears. You have to be a vampire or you're severely gimping yourself. That leads to players becoming vampires who don't want to be vampires.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 8, 2018 10:17PM
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know where you got that stage 1 vampires aren't vampires, but that's horribly incorrect. In-game, you aren't 'stage one' when bitten, you just have a debuff (some latin-y sounding name). You've got nothing backing up this 'aren't real vampires' thing. The disease develops via the quest, where you meet Lamae Bal. After that, you get the stages. This is even shown in the lorebooks I've linked, where the Cyrodiilic vampire is most definitely a vampire, but it isn't shown until the end - the dude even explicitly states that he hasn't fed in some lengthy amount of hours.

Was in relation to someone claiming that vampires looking normal wasn't lore friendly. Might've pinged the wrong person I guess, my bad if that's the case.

Anywho. The stages are feeding related (see in-game and near the end of the Immortal Blood link). Vampires looking normal is 100% lore friendly.

''Most excellent! Here is what you must do. Simply go to sleep here in the sanctuary, at any time, and I will visit you as you slumber. I will wrap you in vampirism's dark embrace. You'll never even know I was there. But when you awaken, we will be of the same blood. Once infected with vampirism, you must wait three days and then sleep once more. Then the Dark Gift will truly take hold. Sleep now, and awake anew!"
    -Vicente Valtieri, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, about becoming a vampire

Getting bitten isn't what makes one a vampire, getting bitten merely gets one the disease.
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭
    From this, I at the very least would like tattoos/warpaint to not be faded. It is incredibly stupid, especially with how amazing some of the designs are.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416462/class-rep-vampire-feedback-thread/p1 to anyone that cares, bombard this thread with requests to add a mortal skin
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416462/class-rep-vampire-feedback-thread/p1 to anyone that cares, bombard this thread with requests to add a mortal skin

Oh! nice. Commented on that, hope they're still looking at that thread, seeing as it was from last month.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hexi wrote: »
    All you have to do is go read the in-game book "Immortal Blood" and all these arguments against it look completely pathetic.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Immortal_Blood

You realize that the only vampires in here that ''prove they can hide it'', are a specific tribe of vampires from Valenwood, right?

Now tell me, when did you find vampires in Valenwood in ESO?

You didn't?

Now your argument looks pathetic.

When you fight Nameons shade there are multiple tribes that have become vampires