Allow vampires to show/hide pale skin or eyes and make body markings/head markings more visible.

• SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    pZ9SbTF.jpg

I'd say shes okayish :p

But I think hiding the skin is one thing, and hiding the armor is another.
    To each their own I suppose
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, they're so mad.
    Hmm? Who's "they"?

A very vocal minority of militant RPers who want to force everyone to play according to their narrow interpretation of the lore.

Because video games are serious business, apparently...
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭
    SnowFury wrote: »
    pZ9SbTF.jpg

I'd say shes okayish :p

But I think hiding the skin is one thing, and hiding the armor is another.
    To each their own I suppose

She looks nice! I know its not always bad looking, its just after a while, I like to mix things up and its hard with a skin you can't get rid of, and body markings and head markings that barely show for some reason.
  • AndyTGD
    AndyTGD
    ✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    Lol, they're so mad.
    Hmm? Who's "they"?

A very vocal minority of militant RPers who want to force everyone to play according to their narrow interpretation of the lore.

Well, to be fair it is an mmoRPG and Elder Scrolls is kinda renowned for its immersion into the lore of the world. To have Vampires running around contradicting that lore or Orcs battling in bright orange wedding dresses kinda ruins the experience for other players. But yeah, it can be taken too far.
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I"m telling you right now its not going to happen. The most they will do is fix the body marks.

Its a curse, If you want the buffs you have to deal with the downsides of it.

They could have made it like they have in the past elder scrolls and have towns folk run in terror and have guards attack you on sight. Or how about having your health drain when you are out in day light.

If you ask me, they have already catered enough to the vampires. Suck it up. (no pun intended)
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, they're so mad.
    Hmm? Who's "they"?

People who have nothing need to cling on to something in their life so it feels purposeful. Even if its the lore of a fictional fantasy world sadly.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I"m telling you right now its not going to happen. The most they will do is fix the body marks.

They could have made it like they have in the past elder scrolls and have towns folk run in terror and have guards attack you on sight. Or how about having your health drain when you are out in day light.

If you ask me, they have already catered enough to the vampires. Suck it up. (no pun intended)
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Runschei wrote: »
    I'm waiting for everyone against this

"You chose to be a vampire so you should look like one!" they say as they hide their heavy armor with light armor, as they tank with wedding dresses and hide their master axes with swords

• iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭

Runschei wrote: »
    I'm waiting for everyone against this

"You chose to be a vampire so you should look like one!" they say as they hide their heavy armor with light armor, as they tank with wedding dresses and hide their master axes with swords

Lol. Nice one.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »
    Lol, they're so mad.
    Hmm? Who's "they"?

People who have nothing need to cling on to something in their life so it feels purposeful. Even if its the lore of a fictional fantasy world sadly.

And yet their interpretation of that lore is completely wrong too.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 6, 2018 2:19AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »
    Lol, they're so mad.
    Hmm? Who's "they"?

Right? Like they can't understand that in-game dialogue and lore hints at vampires able to hide among humans
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vampirism already has meaningful downsides, though: More Fire damage and more damage from Dawnbreaker. I understand that those drawbacks might not be quite severe enough to compensate for the strength of the tree, but let gameplay advantages come with gameplay disadvantages. There is no reason to punish a gameplay advantage with a cosmetic restriction, and it makes even less sense to do that in a game with such a massively monetized cosmetic system.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halloween update that overhauls vampire, werewolf, mage's guild, and fighter's guild classes and adds the necromancer skill line... Anyone?
  • Shgon_Dunstan
    Shgon_Dunstan
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    Its bad enough that we're all twlight-esque day-walkers as it is.
    Its like no one ever saw the original film: Nosferatu.
    That guy was the original first Vampire ever presented on film, and he was an ugly mofo.
    ESO's vampires look quite glorious by comparison.

... Dracula has no problem whatsoever walking in sunlight.
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how the vampire looks. I usually just end up covering my vampire anyway because... the sun. LOL

Tats are very much faded and I can't seem to add anything stylish on it because any color gets vampirized as well. It should only be on the skin and not on the ink you place on the skin.
  • Shgon_Dunstan
    Shgon_Dunstan
    ✭✭✭
    The messed up tats are really annoying, and downright nonsensical. I mean... Why is being undead fading a tattoo a vampire got after becoming a vampire? They're "undead" not "dead".

The skin tone... Meh, I can live with it. A bit of makeup, and a lot of bloody marys for when I want to socialize with NPCs... Pointless, but I just like looking more presentable when doing so.
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'd be happy with just fixing the body marks.
    It's just silly that tattoos and other body painting fade away with vampirism.

And it's not a technical problem, as the Buoyant Armiger face tattoo worked like that for almost a year, until they "fixed" it in Dragon Bones.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to turn off kids and nuggets playing ESO. How about an option in Social?
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • HEXENWOLF
    HEXENWOLF
    ✭✭✭
    Why they haven't added this to the crown store is anyone's guess. They'd make a small fortune.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Blackmarrow Necromancer skin which hides vampirism pretty well.
    The only thing that bothers me is that Blackmarrow Necromancer skin has pre-defined skin color which suppresses your original skin color unlike Amber Plasm skin which keeps your original skin color.

Don't expect quality of life improvements anytime soon.
    Hide vampirism, single skill line reset and many others has been asked for but none seems to appear any time soon.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on June 6, 2018 7:20AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Zeni won't get my money for any fancy tattoos or warpaints as long as their legit in-game choices makes those items a waste for me. Should be reason enough to at least fix the mark-issue.

Sundamage? Don't forget that you're playing a MMO not a single player RPG where you can simply press a wait-button. Or do you really want to lock out a huge part of the player base during most of the day?

Of course, reason often falls short before self-righteousness.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on June 6, 2018 8:28AM
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    i almost cried today when that quest in summerset that you put on an outfit for somehow hid my vanpirism and i saw my beautiful golden high elf skin for the first time since i made my warden a year ago.
    if they sold a costume like that in the crown store id def buy it.
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    Forget that. I want to be able to hide all vampires so i dont have to look at them.. That or just make all vampires burst into flames in daylight. Or at least all stage 3+ should be attacked on site by guards.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

You vamps out there who are not feeding, you gonna get fuggly, you vamps out there in cyrodiil who need that dark stalker. you got to look fuggly. You vamps out there who would like to wear tattoos and be able to see them... yeah I agree to that.

"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day another wasted thread. If you want to be a parasite you should look like one. People these days want all the perks without the drawbacks.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    Another day another wasted thread. If you want to be a parasite you should look like one. People these days want all the perks without the drawbacks.

Get your facts right pls.

You are told that it is a part of the downsides when choosing to become a vampire, which it clearly is NOT. More vulnerability towards fire damage, lower health recovery and having fighters guild abilities deal significantly more damage towards you (yeah try swallowing a dawnbreaker or silver leash) are the downsides. These downsides even apply to you on stage 1, where you do not have ANY benefits what so ever. You are basically human yet you appear as a vampire and you have the downsides.
  • The_4O4
    The_4O4
    ✭✭✭
    No.
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    The_4O4 wrote: »
    No.

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These threads are so funny....mainly because I could care les what any of my toons look like since they are hidden under armor anyway. I use the costume on exactly one toon just because I wanted to try it out...so not worth it. How much time do you people spend staring at your toon anyway? I would rather spend the time fishing...and I detest fishing.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires have been a huge part of Elderscrolls Lore. This is My main issue when people constantly lobby for this cosmetic change. If you dont like the lore of being a Vampire in ESO then cleanse it. Stop trying to make Zos rework defined lore because you dont like how you look.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.