Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow vampires to show/hide pale skin or eyes and make body markings/head markings more visible.

iratheshark
iratheshark
✭✭✭
I'm sure this has been posted before, but I'd LOVE to be able to show or hide my pale skin/vampire eyes when I want to, as I don't want to be pale 24/7, and I don't want to lose my vampire powers. This ties with role-playing some, but mostly the vampire powers. I'd also love to actually be able to see my body markings/head markings, its ridiculous how transparent the body paint is, as well as some of the face paints, make them like the makeup at least, PLEASE.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh, you'll anger the anti hide vamprism crowd even though they probably hide their monster sets and arena weapons with outfits/costumes

Edit: To anyone that cares, bombard this thread with comments about allowing us to hide vampirism, or at the very least give us a healthy looking non pale vampire skin
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 13, 2018 3:03AM
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for everyone against this
    Edited by Runschei on June 5, 2018 6:34PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »

"You chose to be a vampire so you should look like one!" they say as they hide their heavy armor with light armor, as they tank with wedding dresses and hide their master axes with swords
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampires can hide those things as well. Apart from what they actually are. My main will always be an Altmer, nothing I can do to hide that. I chose not to be a vampire, same goes for the perambulating fleas.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I recall it wrongly, but the blue head markings from the morrowind main questline was very visible as I got it last year. Tried it out recently, now it's barely visible. Don't know why the heck they changed it. But obviously it's a decision Zeni made rather than a technical no go.
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I recall it wrongly, but the blue head markings from the morrowind main questline was very visible as I got it last year. Tried it out recently, now it's barely visible. Don't know why the heck they changed it. But obviously it's a decision Zeni made rather than a technical no go.

They were visible at one point.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's really no logical reason to fade tattoos on Vampires.
    I suspect its a design flaw, one which would cost Z0$ too much money to resolve.
    Either that or its just not a priority for them, as theyre more focused on cash-grab projects in order to keep this cash-cow spewing profit-milk.

If theres some lore-reason behind it then that would cost them nothing; add a lore-book here or there explaining how the curse of Molag Bal drains everything from a living thing, including whatever external non-flesh markings might have been present.

Either way, Im all for showing tattoos, skins, and marks and such on Vampires.
    Im not for removing their appearance change, since thats one of the hallmarks of being a Vampire.
    Dont like it? Dont be one.
    Its bad enough that we're all twlight-esque day-walkers as it is.
    Its like no one ever saw the original film: Nosferatu.
    That guy was the original first Vampire ever presented on film, and he was an ugly mofo.
    ESO's vampires look quite glorious by comparison.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    There's really no logical reason to fade tattoos on Vampires.
    I suspect its a design flaw, one which would cost Z0$ too much money to resolve.
    Either that or its just not a priority for them, as theyre more focused on cash-grab projects in order to keep this cash-cow spewing profit-milk.

If theres some lore-reason behind it then that would cost them nothing; add a lore-book here or there explaining how the curse of Molag Bal drains everything from a living thing, including whatever external non-flesh markings might have been present.

Either way, Im all for showing tattoos, skins, and marks and such on Vampires.
    Im not for removing their appearance change, since thats one of the hallmarks of being a Vampire.
    Dont like it? Dont be one.
    Its bad enough that we're all twlight-esque day-walkers as it is.
    Its like no one ever saw the original film: Nosferatu.
    That guy was the original first Vampire ever presented on film, and he was an ugly mofo.
    ESO's vampires look quite glorious by comparison.

Slap on some of that horrible bright lipstick and you'll see that thing overlays the vampire skin, but not warpaint lol
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually end up putting a mask over their heads to hide that ugliness or I use a skin.

I absolutely agree that all tattoos and other face/body markings should show up in full color, not washed out the way they are. Some of those things cost real money; people should be able to use them on their vampires.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go again...

No and even more.

Those who are turned into blood suckers and mindless beasts should have removed access to Fighters Guild skill line as long as they are in that state as having access to it is travesty for that guild.

But it won't happen ever...
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Shhh, you'll anger the anti hide vamprism crowd even though they probably hide their monster sets and arena weapons with outfits/costumes

"You chose to be a vampire so you should look like one!" they say as they hide their heavy armor with light armor, as they tank with wedding dresses and hide their master axes with swords
    But we who are not blood suckers are normal mer, men, cats and lizards, and hiding armor has nothing with it.
    Vampirism is desease and pale skin is manifestation of it.
    If you don't like it than don't be a blood sucker.
    Edited by exiars10 on June 5, 2018 7:49PM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, they're so mad.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, they're so mad.
    Hmm? Who's "they"?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love when they argue that you can hide armour/weapons with magic but can't hide vampirism with magic. :lol: We even have a quest where a random low level mage makes Raz look like Queen Ayrenn, but we can't hide vampirism.

My head hurts when I try to understand the anti-hide vampirism crowd's argument. To understand them requires one to suspend all logic.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 5, 2018 8:12PM
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, they're so mad.
    Hmm? Who's "they"?

I'm not going to name names.

I love when they argue that you can hide armour/weapons with magic but can't hide vampirism with magic. :lol: We even have a quest where a random low level mage makes Raz look like Queen Ayrenn, but we can't hide vampirism.

My head hurts when I try to understand the anti-hide vampirism crowd's argument. To understand them requires one to suspend all logic.

Yeah.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »
    Here we go again...

No and even more.

Those who are turned into blood suckers and mindless beasts should have removed access to Fighters Guild skill line as long as they are in that state as having access to it is travesty for that guild.

But we who are not blood suckers are normal mer, men, cats and lizards, and hiding armor has nothing with it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5688699
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the paleness at stage one/two. Just wish I could be stage 4 without looking completely disgusting.
    Totally agree that makeup and tattoos should be visible though.

Artists and Theives...
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess it could be looked at as "having your cake and eating it too"?

I've no strong feelings either way but I can see the argument.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again...

No and even more.

if you are going to be a hypocrite dont take advantage of your armor's stats and hide it at the same time.
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go again...

No and even more.

if you are going to be a hypocrite dont take advantage of your armor's stats and hide it at the same time.

Thank you.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    So, blood suckers want to have all privileges of being deseased and undead because
    1) we all know there is almost zero drawbacks being blood sucker in PvE,
    2) they even have access to Fighters Guild skill line which members are dedicated to exterminate them (there are even quests about it) because play as you want,

and yet, they don't want to look like undead abomination (pale skin) when they turned themselves into it.

You want your OP passives with zero drawbacks? How do you call it in English - entitlement, right?
    Here we go again...

No and even more.

I don't hyde anything in Cyrodiil (if you targeted PvP) as I have crafted set in Altmer style plus set in Dominion style and I proudly wear it as hard core AD player.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭
    So, blood suckers want to have all privileges of being deseased and undead because
    1) we all know there is almost zero drawbacks being blood sucker in PvE,
    2) they even have access to Fighters Guild skill line which members are dedicated to exterminate them (there are even quests about it) because play as you want,

and yet, they don't want to look like undead abomination (pale skin) when they turned themselves into it.

You want your OP passives with zero drawbacks? How do you call it in English - entitlement, right?
    Here we go again...

No and even more.

I don't hyde anything in Cyrodiil (if you targeted PvP) as I have crafted set in Altmer style plus set in Dominion style and I proudly wear it as hard core AD player.

There is no difference between being able to hide the vampirism, and hiding every bit of skin with armor. Either way you hide it. I don't see why you get so mad about it.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh, you'll anger the anti hide vamprism crowd
    64b.png
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on June 5, 2018 11:41PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can people stop making these annoying thread please?

If you dont want the vampirism skin, cure yourself lol its so simple
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Its not. I like the vampire skills, but the skin gets old quickly.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Vampirism is so strong it's effectively mandatory in PvE.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure this has been posted before...

I think ...i've seen this topic before...

• degarmo_ESO
    degarmo_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No real reason that affects the game at all to not allow them to hide it. If you can hide armor, you should be able to hide Vampirism. It would be a fun thing if you started to change if you weren't well fed, but that's not going to happen.

Just add a toggle, no one gets hurt. It's allowing people to play the way they want. It'll be fine. We'll all make it. Except those who die stressing over it, but I think those folks were probably not long for the world anyway.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a quest for you to unlock a memento that hides vampirism, call it masquerade, you have to help a vampire to kill some hunters in the area, in exchange you get the masquerade memento that when used allows you to appear like your pathetic mortal self , It's more like a magic hand wave across your face then an actual memento..

The hunters are like the silverhand, killing vampires out of sport.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want my vampire to look like one of these vampires.

IW8d6iA.jpg

XwKT6fO.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • AndyTGD
    AndyTGD
    ✭✭✭

LOL