Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow vampires to show/hide pale skin or eyes and make body markings/head markings more visible.

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the argument about the tank in a dress. All you have to look at is how much health they have and it's a dead giveaway they're a tank. Very obvious.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruccius wrote: »
    Runschei wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    Vampires have been a huge part of Elderscrolls Lore. This is My main issue when people constantly lobby for this cosmetic change. If you dont like the lore of being a Vampire in ESO then cleanse it. Stop trying to make Zos rework defined lore because you dont like how you look.

you call lore yet fail to state that vampries can hide their vamprism

Not really, not one person in the Elder Scrolls franchise has been able to ''mask'' their vampirism with anything other than withdrawing from the public...

Verandis Ravenwatch....?

And please, do, by all means, tell me where it is stated people don't know he's a vampire? Remember Count Hassildor? He's a vampire, and a count, but he had to withdraw from the public because of it. When was the last time Verandis went outside during a nice sunny day?

He can hide his appearance. People know he's a vampire because of word of mouth.

And you can walk in the sun as a vampire in this game.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be a vampire, deal with the consequences. You knew what would happen when you became it, so don't complain.

"You chose to be a vampire so you should look like one!" they say as they hide their heavy armor with light armor, as they tank with wedding dresses and hide their master axes with swords. What do you have to say?

Where exactly did I say that I agree with the heavy and light armor cosmetics?

Don't sound overconfident, cosmo. If you want to have the advantages of being a vampire, then don't complain if your character gets ugly, it's been that way in every TES game, and it should remain as such.

This is false. The ability to modify your appearance with magic is well established in TES lore.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires have been a huge part of Elderscrolls Lore. This is My main issue when people constantly lobby for this cosmetic change. If you dont like the lore of being a Vampire in ESO then cleanse it. Stop trying to make Zos rework defined lore because you dont like how you look.

Not really, not one person in the Elder Scrolls franchise has been able to ''mask'' their vampirism with anything other than withdrawing from the public...

Verandis Ravenwatch....?

And please, do, by all means, tell me where it is stated people don't know he's a vampire? Remember Count Hassildor? He's a vampire, and a count, but he had to withdraw from the public because of it. When was the last time Verandis went outside during a nice sunny day?

He can hide his appearance. People know he's a vampire because of word of mouth.

Citations please. The fact that the latter is possible is at least logical, considering the days pass too slowly for proper vampirism gameplay.

''The ability to modify your appearance''
    Oh please, don't make me laugh. Unless you want to go and pay a visit to the face sculptor of the Fourth Era, don't even come up with this.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Verandis Ravenwatch....?

Citations please. The fact that the latter is possible is at least logical, considering the days pass too slowly for proper vampirism gameplay.

Oh please, don't make me laugh. Unless you want to go and pay a visit to the face sculptor of the Fourth Era, don't even come up with this.

Verandis Ravenwatch....?

Verandis is able to completely hide his vampirism with magic.

There are multiple quests in this game where you or an NPC take on someone else's appearance with magic. Raz even gets turned into Queen Ayrenn.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be a vampire, deal with the consequences. You knew what would happen when you became it, so don't complain.

"You chose to be a vampire so you should look like one!" they say as they hide their heavy armor with light armor, as they tank with wedding dresses and hide their master axes with swords. What do you have to say?

Where exactly did I say that I agree with the heavy and light armor cosmetics?

Don't sound overconfident, cosmo. If you want to have the advantages of being a vampire, then don't complain if your character gets ugly, it's been that way in every TES game, and it should remain as such.

listen cosmo, and I know you meant to call me idiot but didn't want to be flagged but since you call me cosmo I shall now refer to you as such...

b4rchdfpsivu.png

Checkmate
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 6, 2018 9:51PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the argument about the tank in a dress. All you have to look at is how much health they have and it's a dead giveaway they're a tank. Very obvious.

Its ridiculous that a tank can even wear a wedding dress and still get the perks of heavy armor but vampirism being hidden is still a stretch? Sounds like double standards
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 6, 2018 9:52PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the best solution is just to allow cosmetic addons like they had in skyrim so people can look however they want to themselves and people can choose to see that or not with their choice of addons. Then people can be ware-unicorns, or sparkle-vampires or Asian elves with extra curves or whatever some genius dreamed up for skyrim and replicated here. let modders make textures for gear sets that they want to see. This would be good for the game, then zos can monetize better game play and more content. This will be good for me as i will be able to play as i did in skyrim, naked, hairy, and male and always fully aroused. I'd call this a win-win.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its ridiculous that a tank can even wear a wedding dress and still get the perks of heavy armor but vampirism being hidden is still a stretch? Sounds like double standards

The tanks stats are just that, stats. The dress is cosmetic. Vampirism is not just cosmetic, it changes your stats. You're comparing an apple to a celery stick. Very different things. It's not the same thing and you keep repeating this over and over but it isn't sound logic to compare two completely different things. It doesn't make it right the more you cling to it as an argument.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

Cosmo, weren't you the one complaining about how vampirism makes one's character ugly? Pretty sure it wasn't me. This whole threat exists because vampiric players say ''hur dur vampirism makes my character ugly, dur''....

Fyi, the name ''cosmo'' is a reference to the fact that you seem to be very attached to the ''importantness of cosmetics'', as you instantly assumed that, for some reason, I cared for armor cosmetics.

@MLGProPlayer

Is that so? Then why-oh-why are his eyes still glowing red? And you want to act as if this magic would be such a common thing that ''everyone'' would know of? Same thing with the potion, you think anyone is capable of crafting that?
    Edited by Bruccius on June 6, 2018 10:03PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The tanks stats are just that, stats. The dress is cosmetic. Vampirism is not just cosmetic, it changes your stats. You're comparing an apple to a celery stick. Very different things. It's not the same thing and you keep repeating this over and over but it isn't sound logic to compare two completely different things. It doesn't make it right the more you cling to it as an argument.

Tank gear changes your stats.

Vampirism changes your stats.

You can hide tank gear.

You can't hide vampirism.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5nix6f7jq35s.png
    m7yp5asv7aj5.png
    d2uui2hayq3d.png

Light medium and heavy armor are not just stats and can be hidden with costumes/outfits
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 6, 2018 10:31PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

Cosmo, weren't you the one complaining about how vampirism makes one's character ugly? Pretty sure it wasn't me. This whole threat exists because vampiric players say ''hur dur vampirism makes my character ugly, dur''....

Fyi, the name ''cosmo'' is a reference to the fact that you seem to be very attached to the ''importantness of cosmetics'', as you instantly assumed that, for some reason, I cared for armor cosmetics.

@MLGProPlayer

Is that so? Then why-oh-why are his eyes still glowing red? And you want to act as if this magic would be such a common thing that ''everyone'' would know of? Same thing with the potion, you think anyone is capable of crafting that?

Red eyes? Where?

ON-npc-Count_Verandis_Ravenwatch.jpg

And yes, any competent mage can craft these potions/cast these spells. Random mages give them to you for quests all the time.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 6, 2018 10:06PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

@MLGProPlayer

Red eyes? Where?

hahahaha checkmate
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    Vampires being able to hide their vampirism causes zeros issues to the game that I can see. Give people the option if they want it. Hell, make it an in game toggle "Hide Vampire appearance" that only effects the local client, so you can turn it off, but others would still be able to see you as a vampire if they wanted. I mean, if you wear a mask or a full helm, it's hidden anyway.

Personally though, I keep my vampire at stage 4 and hide helmet, I like to embrace it :smiley:
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... Dracula has no problem whatsoever walking in sunlight.
    No, Bram Stokers Dracula never had problems walking out in sunlight.
    However, if you remember the narration by Sir Anthony Hopkins portrayal of Abraham Van Helsing, he said:
    "Contrary to some beliefs, the vampire, like any other night creature, can move about by day - though it is not his natural time, and his powers are weak." Source.
    So in that depiction, Dracula could withstand the day.

But if you want to get technical, there are far more variations of Vampire Fiction where Sunlight was deadly, than those where it is not.
    Even in the various legends, those vampires who actually could withstand the day were either incredibly old, incredibly powerful, or both, and it was always an excessively taxing ordeal.
    Edited by OmniDo on June 7, 2018 1:37AM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

While we can understand that members of the community may have valid points they wish to make, please do keep in mind that we do have rules that are to be followed. Violation of the rules can only be problematic. And nobody wants that. So let's keep all posts civil and constructive from here on.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 7, 2018 1:11AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no real gameplay disadvantages to vampirism besides being ugly as sin. Live with it or wear a skin. :tongue:
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    efster wrote: »
    There are no real gameplay disadvantages to vampirism besides being ugly as sin. Live with it or wear a skin. :tongue:

That's the problem.

You have to forgo visual progression (a key component of MMOs) because there are no gameplay drawbacks to a gameplay benefit. That's poor game design.

Either create more punishing gameplay disadvantages or allow us to hide vampirism. Right now, you're expected to be a vampire in PvE if you want an optimally performing character. That's how strong vampirism is. If you don't want to look like a syphilitic troll, you are gimping yourself substantially.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well said
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭

None of the skins look that good, also, as I mentioned, it is partially a role-play thing.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try swallowing a dawnbreaker in pvp.

Now maybe you did not give a frick frack about the appearance of your character, but this is an RPG after all, people highly care about their appearance. If appearance did not mean anything to anyone we would not have had the outfit station, the old dye station, costumes, skins, all the different crafting styles or anything. Letting people have the opportunity to style their characters as they want does not affect anyone else. Yes I can hide my vampirism skin with one of the skins already ingame, but for you that obviously do not care, is it any different if I look like my original character or if I look like a salami?
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lazrael wrote: »
    I don't mind the paleness at stage one/two. Just wish I could be stage 4 without looking completely disgusting.
    Totally agree that makeup and tattoos should be visible though.

Yeah this is the issue. At stage one my breton sorc is really pretty, has flawless skin, red ruby lips and clear eyes. I hate the black veins and and eyes that come with stage 4. Looks like you been on a binge for a week. I want a toggle like Swtor to hide dark side corruption. :)
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    Can any of the people going "just suck it up" explain why it is wrong to want to have vampire skills without wasting all the effort we put into character creation? "Just wear a skin that hides your character's real looks even more than vampirism" doesn't really explain why in your opinion it would not be ok for vampires in this game to have the option to look normal?

It wouldn't make it any harder to spot a vampire in PvP. The comsmetics can still be hidden by skins, polymorphs, and disguises (while the buff is still right there on your buff tracker).

It would make it possible for vampires to wear the face they spent time and effort on in character creation and their nice armor at the same time.

So again, you who just tell us vain vampires to get cured or wear a skin - why is it you don't think we should be able to use normal face & armor as well as the current options of normal face & disguise or normal armor & skin? Is there something particularly bad about vampires wearing their armor and their face from character creation that's worse than vampires using skins or disguises?
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's ONE skill in the entire game that might one-shot you in PVP, and that's a drawback to vampirism gameplay-wise? Please.

Until there are actual gameplay drawbacks to vampirism, a pure RP drawback will just have to do. If the devs actually make it so vampire isn't BiS for every single endgame PVE build, I personally will get right on the "let vampires hide vampirism" bandwagon. Until then, no, I don't think vamps should have their cake and eat it too. :tongue:
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's ONE skill in the entire game that might one-shot you in PVP, and that's a drawback to vampirism gameplay-wise? Please.

Until there are actual gameplay drawbacks to vampirism, a pure RP drawback will just have to do. If the devs actually make it so vampire isn't BiS for every single endgame PVE build, I personally will get right on the "let vampires hide vampirism" bandwagon. Until then, no, I don't think vamps should have their cake and eat it too. :tongue:

Dawnbreaker was an example. More vulnerability towards fire damage, lower health recovery and having fighters guild abilities deal significantly more damage towards you are the downsides. Some may say the increased fire damage is barely noticeable, but try running and vTrial in stage 4 and see how much your healer loves you, especially vAS.
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭

Tank gear changes your stats.

Vampirism changes your stats.

You can hide tank gear.

You can't hide vampirism.

Why do people keep saying you can't hide vampirism? I have multiple vampires and you can't tell the difference between them and my non-vampires because I use skins on all of them. The game already lets you hide vampirism, it's not like you're forced to look like a vampire now as there are plenty of skins that cover it up so there's no good reason to not let us use the default skin. Other than spite because "vamps r OP!!", it seems.

The issue here isn't whether or not we should be able to hide vampirism, WE ALREADY CAN. The issue is whether or not we can use the default skin and the fact that vampirism is good for certain builds is a weak argument against it. Maybe there should be some visual negative for levelling up Undaunted too. :D
    Edited by Rocki on June 7, 2018 8:21AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Something tells me you don’t do pvp very often.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker was an example. More vulnerability towards fire damage, lower health recovery and having fighters guild abilities deal significantly more damage towards you are the downsides. Some may say the increased fire damage is barely noticeable, but try running and vTrial in stage 4 and see how much your healer loves you, especially vAS.

There are ways to mitigate the fire damage (Red ele CP all but negates it, except in extreme cases like vAS) and you can port out quickly to feed or drink a Mara. Or are vamps in score-pushing trials being routinely told to go cure their vampirism before running vAS? (Serious question, if the answer is "yes" then I'll stand corrected, but I've personally never heard of this happening before, but I have heard of vamps popping Maras in vHOF). Endgame tanks are encouraged to go vampire; if the health recovery was drastically lower healing received at all times then we would be talking about a real drawback.

FG abilities aren't going to hurt you in PVE, which is what I'm talking about (I specifically referred to endgame PVE builds). While we're on the subject, it's also lorebreaking that vamp and ww players even have access to that skill line at all.
    Something tells me you don’t do pvp very often.
    You're right, I don't; I'm only AR29 after 4 years, but the vamps have really not been dropping like flies since they halved all damage in Cyrodiil. And PC NA Vivec for one is full of vampires. If there were such overwhelming drawbacks to vamp, that would just not be the case. The benefits outweigh the drawbacks hugely in PVP and in PVE the drawbacks are almost nonexistent. I have always thought that was broken, and I have yet to hear a convincing argument otherwise.

Anyway, if vampire only conveyed its benefits and drawbacks after a transform, like WW, this all would be moot. That's what should happen, IMO. You can transform into a vampire lord like a Volkihar vampire from Skyrim and be mega OP but also mega vulnerable to certain things, but when you're not transformed via your ultimate, you're just a regular person with regular skin who doesn't look diseased. Easy. It's beyond me why the devs didn't go that route in the first place.
    Edited by efster on June 7, 2018 8:44AM
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

@MLGProPlayer

Red eyes? Where?

And yes, any competent mage can craft these potions/cast these spells. Random mages give them to you for quests all the time.

And those are only temporarily, not permanent, unlike what the OP suggests.