Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow vampires to show/hide pale skin or eyes and make body markings/head markings more visible.

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »
    A simple "no".
    I hate all those "give us, we need, change this, nerf that" threads of all you greedy people. Play this game like it is or choose other games.

Welp, guess that's it folks. Might as well close the forums because TarNokk is tired of hearing feedback or suggestions and we should all just go "play this game like it is".
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bruccius wrote: »
    @Aliyavana

Cosmo, weren't you the one complaining about how vampirism makes one's character ugly? Pretty sure it wasn't me. This whole threat exists because vampiric players say ''hur dur vampirism makes my character ugly, dur''....

Fyi, the name ''cosmo'' is a reference to the fact that you seem to be very attached to the ''importantness of cosmetics'', as you instantly assumed that, for some reason, I cared for armor cosmetics.

@MLGProPlayer

Is that so? Then why-oh-why are his eyes still glowing red? And you want to act as if this magic would be such a common thing that ''everyone'' would know of? Same thing with the potion, you think anyone is capable of crafting that?

Red eyes? Where?

ON-npc-Count_Verandis_Ravenwatch.jpg

And yes, any competent mage can craft these potions/cast these spells. Random mages give them to you for quests all the time.

And those are only temporarily, not permanent, unlike what the OP suggests.

The OP is suggesting a way to hide it...it wouldn't be any more permanent than toggling a costume or skin from your collection menu.

Which, if you can currently hide it with a skin or ploymorph, why would it be such a huge deal to also be able to hide it with a 'normal' skin?

That is such a weird, illogical position to cling to given everything in game that contradicts it.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Stage 1 - zero 'vampire skin' layer, stage 2 - as stage 1 today, etc. That would be perfect for me, as it may finally bring some sense to the feeding.
    What is much more important for me - why elvish eyes become human eyes with small iris? This is a real problem.

I like some pale tattoos (pale Vivec's tattoo is perfect for my 'snow elf', also the golden lipstick become not so aggressive. However, I wish I could make a vampire with golden tattoos).
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    efster wrote: »
    There are no real gameplay disadvantages to vampirism besides being ugly as sin. Live with it or wear a skin. :tongue:

That's the problem.

You have to forgo visual progression (a key component of MMOs) because there are no gameplay drawbacks to a gameplay benefit. That's poor game design.

Either create more punishing gameplay disadvantages or allow us to hide vampirism. Right now, you're expected to be a vampire in PvE if you want an optimally performing character. That's how strong vampirism is. If you don't want to look like a syphilitic troll, you are gimping yourself substantially.

When vamps took 50% more fire damage across the board, it wasn't a very popular choice for PVE builds, as lots of things in trials at that time did fire damage and had a tendency to 1 shot most dps builds. Trial leaders usually preferred that players were not vampires. Also, vampire was still very strong in PVP at the time for various reasons including larger AOE ranges, and 2 good bat-swarms that were very effective at damage and healing or mitigation.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    @Aliyavana

Cosmo, weren't you the one complaining about how vampirism makes one's character ugly? Pretty sure it wasn't me. This whole threat exists because vampiric players say ''hur dur vampirism makes my character ugly, dur''....

Fyi, the name ''cosmo'' is a reference to the fact that you seem to be very attached to the ''importantness of cosmetics'', as you instantly assumed that, for some reason, I cared for armor cosmetics.

@MLGProPlayer

Is that so? Then why-oh-why are his eyes still glowing red? And you want to act as if this magic would be such a common thing that ''everyone'' would know of? Same thing with the potion, you think anyone is capable of crafting that?

Red eyes? Where?

And yes, any competent mage can craft these potions/cast these spells. Random mages give them to you for quests all the time.

The OP is suggesting a way to hide it...it wouldn't be any more permanent than toggling a costume or skin from your collection menu.

Which, if you can currently hide it with a skin or ploymorph, why would it be such a huge deal to also be able to hide it with a 'normal' skin?

That is such a weird, illogical position to cling to given everything in game that contradicts it.

Polymorphs and skins, yes, those are definetely the same thing as a toggle!

At least you have to work for those, or pay for them. Stop giving vampires only benefits, and no disadvanages, there's nothing of the sort in any other TES game, there's always negativity.

The sun damage is already as good as gone, there's pretty much no negatives to being a vampire, let one such thing remain, for the sake of the lore.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

@MLGProPlayer

Red eyes? Where?

At least you have to work for those, or pay for them. Stop giving vampires only benefits, and no disadvanages, there's nothing of the sort in any other TES game, there's always negativity.

The sun damage is already as good as gone, there's pretty much no negatives to being a vampire, let one such thing remain, for the sake of the lore.

@Bruccius

Which sun damage? :D

And mind that we also payed and worked for face paints - yet they don't really work on vamps (anymore). Your opinion on that?
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why so intolerant of vampires? If they lose their powers while they are looking good, why should you care? It makes
    total sense that a vampire would be able to sometimes hide their hideousness. Otherwise, potential meals would see
    them coming a mile away and the poor vamp would starve.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

@MLGProPlayer

Red eyes? Where?

Directly from UESP:
    "Health recovery is also reduced by 25% at each stage (up to 75% slower at stage 4) and your weakness to flame damage is increased. With the passive skill Unnatural Resistance, the health recovery penalties through stages 2/3/4 are reduced to 0%/-25%/-50% respectively."

So 50% reduction in health recovery and 25% vulnerability to fire is considered "no disadvantage". Mmkay then.

The more you argue, the more flimsy your excuses are. Seems like you just don't like vampires (which okay, cool your preference) and think your preferences should apply to everyone.
    Edited by heaven13 on June 7, 2018 9:42PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

@MLGProPlayer

Red eyes? Where?

Directly from UESP:
    "Health recovery is also reduced by 25% at each stage (up to 75% slower at stage 4) and your weakness to flame damage is increased. With the passive skill Unnatural Resistance, the health recovery penalties through stages 2/3/4 are reduced to 0%/-25%/-50% respectively."

So 50% reduction in healing received and 25% vulnerability to fire is considered "no disadvantage". Mmkay then.

The more you argue, the more flimsy your excuses are. Seems like you just don't like vampires (which okay, cool your preference) and think your preferences should apply to everyone.

FYI, health recovery isn't the same as healing.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

@MLGProPlayer

Red eyes? Where?

Directly from UESP:

So 50% reduction in healing received and 25% vulnerability to fire is considered "no disadvantage". Mmkay then.

FYI, health recovery isn't the same as healing.

Ah, yeah. My bad.
    Edit: fixed my above post. Thanks @AhPook_Is_Here
    Edited by heaven13 on June 7, 2018 9:43PM
    PC/NA

Meet my characters :
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

@MLGProPlayer

Red eyes? Where?

Directly from UESP:

So 50% reduction in health recovery and 25% vulnerability to fire is considered "no disadvantage". Mmkay then.

''Hur dur, he doesn't want them to hide their skin, so he must hate vampires, dur''. I can't even begin to point out how wrong you are. But as a long-term fan of the franchise, I'd rather have ESO being lore-friendly than continue to grow its reputation of breaking lore.

Also, health recovery, as if that's something people normally make such great use of? What happened to potions and healers? That's not reduced, now is it? Nope, only the default health recovery is, and that is really only used after combat. Don't complain about this very minor detail that is practically irrelevant in combat anyway.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ How is allowing vampires the power to mask their vampirism against lore? I'm really curious.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

War paint, face paint, whatever you want to call it, is fine. One only has to look at Skyrim to see that. But the skin itself, that's what changes. The pale skin is part of vampirism, war paint can mask part of it... Or all of it, if you want to paint your entire body in one color... The same thing with red eyes.

Such a solution is fair, but not a toggle. Because, again, that's lore-breaking, and half of the Elder Scrolls universe is based off of its lore.

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Until they do i wont use it.. No way i'm making my characters look like some crap for some bonuses.. Not in this or any other life would i look that dumb..

Even by lore Vampires can hide what they really look like.. Hence how dangerous they were..
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 8, 2018 12:13AM
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends what type of vampire. If they say the vampires that we become actually look like dead things then that's that.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you have to do is go read the in-game book "Immortal Blood" and all these arguments against it look completely pathetic.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Immortal_Blood
    Edited by Hexi on June 8, 2018 1:45AM
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldnt be hard to create a spell that you can earn as a master vampire that lets you obscure your vampirism, or otherwise accomplish what Verandis did, with the caveat that it automatically drops upon entering combat.
    Oh and, it also requires a skill slot.
    All the self-conscious players can have their vampires dally about in town or wherever, but once they enter combat, their true appearance is revealed.

Wouldnt that be a reasonable compromise?
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this thread has convinced me of is that vampires should definitely lose their FG skill tree.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    Wouldnt be hard to create a spell that you can earn as a master vampire that lets you obscure your vampirism, or otherwise accomplish what Verandis did, with the caveat that it automatically drops upon entering combat.
    All the self-conscious players can have their vampires dally about in town or wherever, but once they enter combat, their true appearance is revealed.

Absolutely reasonable! Let's DO this!

PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Shgon_Dunstan
    Shgon_Dunstan
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »

... If you just trying to be dead set on it pointlessly "costing" the player something, then it would likely be better to just have something like the Double Bloody Mara do it for a few hours. Combat or no combat.

Consistently having to supply themselves with the ingredients for a gold recipe food/drink would end up costing a player a lot more then just a skill slot on their back bar.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I misread .... person above has a good point. I thought by "spell" it was like an achievement you earn to be able to hide vamp out of combat, not something to take up a precious slot. So instead of spell, how about Master Vampire Achievement or Vampire Lord Achievement or something of that nature?
    PC/ NA
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampires don't need spells they can look natural or menacing at will.. They always have in nearly all vampire myths.. The only few that don't were the Asian, Australian and African Vampires were more like beasts than the standard European variants..
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexi wrote: »
    All you have to do is go read the in-game book "Immortal Blood" and all these arguments against it look completely pathetic.

Awesome find. There are tons of examples in the games of NPCs concealing their true appearances. Now we have a lore book too.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 8, 2018 7:27AM
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

War paint, face paint, whatever you want to call it, is fine. One only has to look at Skyrim to see that. But the skin itself, that's what changes. The pale skin is part of vampirism, war paint can mask part of it... Or all of it, if you want to paint your entire body in one color... The same thing with red eyes.

Such a solution is fair, but not a toggle. Because, again, that's lore-breaking, and half of the Elder Scrolls universe is based off of its lore.

You know I've got like 5 different skins to choose from to hide vampirism? That lore is already broken, sorry. That argument might hold some water if vampires actually had to look like vampires right now but they don't, so that argument makes no sense.

Some of those Psijic abilities seem kinda strong, what's the drawback to levelling up Psijic? Maybe we should take more ice damage and be unable to wear hats, or something.
    Edited by Rocki on June 8, 2018 10:00AM
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexi wrote: »

You realize that the only vampires in here that ''prove they can hide it'', are a specific tribe of vampires from Valenwood, right?

Now tell me, when did you find vampires in Valenwood in ESO?

You didn't?

Now your argument looks pathetic.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocki wrote: »
    @Chilly-McFreeze

You know I've got like 5 different skins to choose from to hide vampirism? That lore is already broken, sorry. That argument might hold some water if vampires actually had to look like vampires right now but they don't, so that argument makes no sense.

Some of those Psijic abilities seem kinda strong, what's the drawback to levelling up Psijic? Maybe we should take more ice damage and be unable to wear hats, or something.

Yes, having to work hard or pay money to disguise yourself is clearly comparable to just being able to toggle something on or off, don't make me laugh.

The Psijics are strong in lore, and don't have drawbacks in lore. Stop with these ridiculous ideas that break the lore.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this is STILL a thing?

Look, it's been.....I don't even know how long it has been. Let's just say a VERY LONG TIME and let it stand at that.

So, it has been a very long time and still no changes to vampire appearance.

Horse dead. Stop beating, please.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this is STILL a thing?

Look, it's been.....I don't even know how long it has been. Let's just say a VERY LONG TIME and let it stand at that.

So, it has been a very long time and still no changes to vampire appearance.

Horse dead. Stop beating, please.

Same could be said about 2h/staff = 2 set piece discussion. But okay, if Grand Master MercyKilling tells us, we obay. Wouldn't be too much to ask not to participate here if you're sick of it.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate this conversation. Vampirism is a curse. If you want to be cursed, there is consequences. Period.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    Rocki wrote: »
    @Chilly-McFreeze

Yes, having to work hard or pay money to disguise yourself is clearly comparable to just being able to toggle something on or off, don't make me laugh.

The Psijics are strong in lore, and don't have drawbacks in lore. Stop with these ridiculous ideas that break the lore.

Oh no, not the lore! The lore must be protected at all costs (unless you spend a few crowns, then it doesn't matter).

:D

Is it part of the lore that vampires can't use body or face markings too?
    Edited by Rocki on June 8, 2018 3:19PM