Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow vampires to show/hide pale skin or eyes and make body markings/head markings more visible.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    Vampires have been a huge part of Elderscrolls Lore. This is My main issue when people constantly lobby for this cosmetic change. If you dont like the lore of being a Vampire in ESO then cleanse it. Stop trying to make Zos rework defined lore because you dont like how you look.

you call lore yet fail to state that vampries can hide their vamprism
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Vampires have been a huge part of Elderscrolls Lore. This is My main issue when people constantly lobby for this cosmetic change. If you dont like the lore of being a Vampire in ESO then cleanse it. Stop trying to make Zos rework defined lore because you dont like how you look.

You can disagree all you want. I stand firm that if you want to hide vampirism then wear a disguise. These threads are weekly with zero response from Zos. I wonder why?
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can disagree all you want. I stand firm that if you want to hide vampirism then wear a disguise. These threads are weekly with zero response from Zos. I wonder why?

I love when people tell me to just put on a helmet, a skin, a costume or wear one of the disguises you get from quests. I am sorry but I did not spend anything less than 10 minutes in character creation screen for any of my characters only to hide my work under some helmet. Nor do I want to look like a character from tron, a fire atronach or a salami. Wearing one of the disguises obtainable from quests even removes all the cosmetics you have added to your character AFTER character creation screen. This can be tattoos, makeup, jewelry, awesome dwemer goggles etc. from the crown store. Obviously I did not spend x amount of minutes creating every single one of my characters only to have makeup and tattoos fade away by becoming a vampire either. Clearly ZOS has no problem in making cosmetics like those overwrite the vamp skin as the bright red lipstick is really visible.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are going to state lore yet have an argument from a gameplay perspective then don't make an argument at all
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »

I love when people tell me to just put on a helmet, a skin, a costume or wear one of the disguises you get from quests. I am sorry but I did not spend anything less than 10 minutes in character creation screen for any of my characters only to hide my work under some helmet. Nor do I want to look like a character from tron, a fire atronach or a salami. Wearing one of the disguises obtainable from quests even removes all the cosmetics you have added to your character AFTER character creation screen. This can be tattoos, makeup, jewelry, awesome dwemer goggles etc. from the crown store. Obviously I did not spend x amount of minutes creating every single one of my characters only to have makeup and tattoos fade away by becoming a vampire either. Clearly ZOS has no problem in making cosmetics like those overwrite the vamp skin as the bright red lipstick is really visible.

I can agree with the makeup and tattoos fading part. That doesnt make sense to me either. But the red eyes and pale skin and the degredation of appearance from not eating just makes perfect sense for a Vampire that is in this Universe or any other for that matter. Embrace the curse lol.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be a vampire, deal with the consequences. You knew what would happen when you became it, so don't complain.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruccius wrote: »
    If you want to be a vampire, deal with the consequences. You knew what would happen when you became it, so don't complain.

"You chose to be a vampire so you should look like one!" they say as they hide their heavy armor with light armor, as they tank with wedding dresses and hide their master axes with swords. What do you have to say?
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 6, 2018 6:00PM
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really, not one person in the Elder Scrolls franchise has been able to ''mask'' their vampirism with anything other than withdrawing from the public...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really, not one person in the Elder Scrolls franchise has been able to ''mask'' their vampirism with anything other than withdrawing from the public...

you clearly havnt played oblivion nor skyrim. Oblivion vampires can appear mortal thanks to clavicus vile and in skyrim vampires can appear mortal with the only drawback being they still have red eyes (which look arguably awesome)
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 6, 2018 6:06PM
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Verandis Ravenwatch....?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    These threads are so funny....mainly because I could care les what any of my toons look like since they are hidden under armor anyway. I use the costume on exactly one toon just because I wanted to try it out...so not worth it. How much time do you people spend staring at your toon anyway? I would rather spend the time fishing...and I detest fishing.

Character customization is one of the biggest draws of playing an MMO. Most people want their characters to look awesome.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 6, 2018 6:24PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's well established in TES lore that you can use magic to mask your appearance. There is even a vampire NPC in this game who masks his appearance. There is another quest where a mage makes Raz look like queen Ayrenn. Magic is real in the TES universe, in case you didn't know.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 6, 2018 6:28PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people don't want to be vampires. It's so strong in PvE though that it's mandatory if you want to min-max.

You shouldn't be forced to forgo character customization just so you can have the strongest character. Either vampirism shouldn't be so strong, or it should be hidable. Gameplay advantages shouldn't have cosmetic "drawbacks". That's just bad MMO game design.

There is a reason why we have transmutation and costumes. It's so we can wear the strongest gear while still looking awesome. It's so ZOS can continue to sell us cosmetics because we want to look awesome. Character customization is a core aspect of the MMO experience.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 6, 2018 6:36PM
  • Shgon_Dunstan
    Shgon_Dunstan
    ✭✭✭

NPC vampires do it all the freaking time. At most they're stuck with the red eyes, and not even always that. It is how TES vampires go out to have a bite in the first place.
    Edited by Shgon_Dunstan on June 6, 2018 6:40PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There are weekly threads about bugs, lags and shortcommings with zero response from Zos. Wonder why?

And you can disagree all you want as well but if I spend real money on a friggin face paint, tattoo or whatever just so that said item gets nearly obsolete as soon as I made a legit in-game choice, one that is even pushed by the defs by linking archievements to it, or by spending real money on a crown store bite , I'm gonna get a little pissed. Especially if you see that those ugly lipsticks do work and quest rewards did work in the past !

At the very least they should make those stuff work properly!
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    A simple "no".
    I hate all those "give us, we need, change this, nerf that" threads of all you greedy people. Play this game like it is or choose other games.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »
    A simple "no".
    I hate all those "give us, we need, change this, nerf that" threads of all you greedy people. Play this game like it is or choose other games.

Funny how you escalate a simple request for hiding vampirism to us being greedy
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A simple "no".

We pay for this game and its features. Asking for service isn't being "greedy".
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh, you'll anger the anti hide vamprism crowd even though they probably hide their monster sets and arena weapons with outfits/costumes

You can hide your vampirism with costumes and outfits as well so what the *** is your problem
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh, you'll anger the anti hide vamprism crowd even though they probably hide their monster sets and arena weapons with outfits/costumes

You can hide your vampirism with costumes and outfits as well so what the *** is your problem

Well you can't have tattoos as a vampire because..well.. vampires hate tattoos ?
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you can't...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, costumes and outfits dont hide the vamprism skin, and if you suggest skins then our problem is that we don't want to look like flashlights!!!!!!!!!! we want to look like vampires with mortal skin and red eyes or just mortals.
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 6, 2018 7:35PM
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen if I have to deal with big orc tanks in pink dresses then I should be able to hide vampirism!
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    Well i think its considered one of the drawbacks for choosing vampirism, i think it surely could get rid of it for cosmetic reasons but then even less would be against being vampire, i think you should devote into playing your character you like, benefits for vampire but then you're a vampire, i would fully agree being able to customize and play the character you want so make it like werewolf- only when you slot vampire on your Skillbar (sacrifice one ultimate slot) you get the benefits and also only then the drawbacks.

Easy solution, would also make the decision from the players to who wants to play vampire and who not, solving all problems. Currently its just a "we take the benefits out of it but just for gameplay sake", thats wrong and should be corrected.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A simple "no".

Funny how you escalate a simple request for hiding vampirism to us being greedy

Very greedy that I want to use stuff on my char that I paid for.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God people want the great passives that vampire give but can't handle the downside of this , well cure your self
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God people want the great passives that vampire give but can't handle the downside of this , well cure your self

Cosmetics shouldn't be a downside to gameplay benefits.

And vampirism isn't a choice in PvE. It's mandatory if you min-max.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 6, 2018 9:16PM
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »

Verandis Ravenwatch....?

And please, do, by all means, tell me where it is stated people don't know he's a vampire? Remember Count Hassildor? He's a vampire, and a count, but he had to withdraw from the public because of it. When was the last time Verandis went outside during a nice sunny day?
    Edited by Bruccius on June 6, 2018 9:16PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cosmetics shouldn't be a downside to gameplay benefits.

And vampirism isn't a choice in PvE. It's mandatory if you min-max.

So what your saying is that I shouldn't have to turn into a werewolf but still get the skills
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"You chose to be a vampire so you should look like one!" they say as they hide their heavy armor with light armor, as they tank with wedding dresses and hide their master axes with swords. What do you have to say?

Where exactly did I say that I agree with the heavy and light armor cosmetics?

Don't sound overconfident, cosmo. If you want to have the advantages of being a vampire, then don't complain if your character gets ugly, it's been that way in every TES game, and it should remain as such.