The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Werewolf Feedback Thread

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imho the biggest flaw of ww, if I were to point 3.. or hell, only 1, biggest WW flaw, that would be:

1. Lack of Snare removal / immunity. Without it there is no way to use WW as devs described it:
    GNLm4lE.png
    "A fast paced thread that is a terrifying foe on the battlefield."

It is not fast. There is no way to play fast and move fast. You have to constantly spam CC-break in order to move at all...

If I were to point 2nd biggest flaw it would be:
    2. Lack of negative effects removal. Without this, every dot or de-buff is basically either a death-sentence for you or means that you have no sustain / recover or dmg. Sure, you can out-heal the dmg, but it will burn through your resources, meaning that you basically have no sustain. As for the de-buffs (reducing dmg/crit/resistance) - there is nothing you can do.

If I were to point 3rd biggest flaw it would be:
    3. Healing. WW healing is almost non-existent, since you have to build for magincka sustain on a stamina build. Basically - you have to hybridize - to have either larger magicka pool or magicka recovery. Also the heal is way to expensive for what it does.

"We're also aware of some Werewolf abilities feeling "bare" in nature"

Devs themselves have said it. WW skills should have more effects on them.

I can see a solution:
    Hircine's Bounty - magicka burst heal
    1 Morph - adds negative effect removal.
    2 Morph - converts to stamina ability, and heal is converted to dot-heal (basically vigor for ww).

Pounce (they even mentioned it is bare lol):
    This is the perfect "candidate" for a skill granting snare removal / immunity buff. I don't know if it should be added to base morph or the one of 2 morphs - but either way it would be unique, because in order to remove snare - you would have to play aggressive. You would have to deal dmg with this skill (it needs a target) for the snare removal to work. So risk - reward would still be there.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert

Seams like players are echoing the same feedback over and over.

<turn on sad emotional music>

Werewolves are growing fewer and fewer every day. But it isn't from lack of effort on their part or reduction of their natural habitat. Patch after patch of direct and indirect nerfs, standards are set and are not brought up to the very standards that are placed upon them (25% for 25%).

Are you just going to let these beautiful majestic creatures fade into dust? Please heed the advice of players that walk this path. They know it and they know it well.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

<turn off sad emotional music>
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

We've been at this for years - some of us as myself have been at this from the VERY start of the game. At some point are you going to take us serious? Are you going to take the people who break this down over and over again in great and small detail serious?

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Imho the biggest flaw of ww, if I were to point 3.. or hell, only 1, biggest WW flaw, that would be:

1. Lack of Snare removal / immunity. Without it there is no way to use WW as devs described it:
    GNLm4lE.png
    "A fast paced thread that is a terrifying foe on the battlefield."

It is not fast. There is no way to play fast and move fast. You have to constantly spam CC-break in order to move at all...

If I were to point 2nd biggest flaw it would be:
    2. Lack of negative effects removal. Without this, every dot or de-buff is basically either a death-sentence for you or means that you have no sustain / recover or dmg. Sure, you can out-heal the dmg, but it will burn through your resources, meaning that you basically have no sustain. As for the de-buffs (reducing dmg/crit/resistance) - there is nothing you can do.

If I were to point 3rd biggest flaw it would be:
    3. Healing. WW healing is almost non-existent, since you have to build for magincka sustain on a stamina build. Basically - you have to hybridize - to have either larger magicka pool or magicka recovery. Also the heal is way to expensive for what it does.

"We're also aware of some Werewolf abilities feeling "bare" in nature"

Devs themselves have said it. WW skills should have more effects on them.

I can see a solution:
    Hircine's Bounty - magicka burst heal
    1 Morph - adds negative effect removal.
    2 Morph - converts to stamina ability, and heal is converted to dot-heal (basically vigor for ww).

Pounce (they even mentioned it is bare lol):
    This is the perfect "candidate" for a skill granting snare removal / immunity buff. I don't know if it should be added to base morph or the one of 2 morphs - but either way it would be unique, because in order to remove snare - you would have to play aggressive. You would have to deal dmg with this skill (it needs a target) for the snare removal to work. So risk - reward would still be there.

Seams like players are echoing the same feedback over and over.

<turn on sad emotional music>

Werewolves are growing fewer and fewer every day. But it isn't from lack of effort on their part or reduction of their natural habitat. Patch after patch of direct and indirect nerfs, standards are set and are not brought up to the very standards that are placed upon them (25% for 25%).

Are you just going to let these beautiful majestic creatures fade into dust? Please heed the advice of players that walk this path. They know it and they know it well.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

<turn off sad emotional music>

^ Greatest post in this thread. Right in the feels. No wait, those were also nerfed.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    You also missed that you lose access to any ultimate when transformed, and the ability to charge it.

Also increased damage taken from Fighters Guild skills and Prismatic Onslaught glyphs. Also no way to purge DOTs or remove snares.

Werewolfs don’t count as Undead or Daedra though (Prismatic Onslaught).
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coppes wrote: »
    You also missed that you lose access to any ultimate when transformed, and the ability to charge it.

Also increased damage taken from Fighters Guild skills and Prismatic Onslaught glyphs. Also no way to purge DOTs or remove snares.

Ohh but they do.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WW is daedric "curse" (Hircine). Eso WW itself is not a "daedra" - but since it is caused by daedra - therefore it counts.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody have a death recap screenshot with Prismatic on it? I didn't save any.

Edited by Jaraal on March 30, 2020 6:37AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭

WW is daedric "curse" (Hircine). Eso WW itself is not a "daedra" - but since it is caused by daedra - therefore it counts.

Then why do the Fighters Guild passives mention Undead, Daedra OR Werewolves.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why do the Fighters Guild passives mention Undead, Daedra OR Werewolves.
    Idk. Maybe different person was writing the tooltip ? Or maybe because it is ZOS ? All I know is WWs take addition dmg from Prismatic Onslaught enchant.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the coffin needed any more nails, vampire will probably get one or two abilities that will be BiS for stamina builds too :
    jGvGeJB.jpg

https://youtu.be/XDXATjYJXhg
    Edited by Aznox on March 30, 2020 3:57PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    If the coffin needed any more nails, vampire will probably get one or two abilities that will be BiS for stamina builds too :
    jGvGeJB.jpg
    A toggle ? Wait. A TOGGLE ?! ?!
    As for the logic behind it and who came up with it and what is their head:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 30, 2020 4:02PM
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad thing is that this would have been a nice Werewolf ability :/ (bar-space questions aside)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its turned into a game for them... to see how many times they can kick us in the nards before we drop to our knees permanently.
    tenor.gif?itemid=3538612
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS. Once again you fail.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »
    Its turned into a game for them... to see how many times they can kick us in the nards before we drop to our knees permanently.
    tenor.gif?itemid=3538612
    But I thought that... I mean ZOS neutered them... it does not make sense...
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=3538612
    But I thought that... I mean ZOS neutered them... it does not make sense...

The neutering doesn't come from clear cut surgical precision -- it comes from testicular trauma applied by frequent and savage kicks randomly applied. .
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    jGvGeJB.jpg

Lol, wear 2 heal proc sets and a monster heal proc set = perma blood frenzy.

And we can't even get a toggle pause on staying transformed! Looks like the typical ZOS overbuffing to sell new content, then pulling the rug out later when sales drop and nerfing the new meta into irrelevancy. Just like they did with us and Wolfhunter.

Edited by Jaraal on March 31, 2020 12:22AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good news everyone they have listened and they are indeed buffing the werewolf and if the changes I saw go live they will be in a much better place when Greymoor goes Live.

Werewolf right now with the pounce ability as it is on live.

Roar with bloodlust to terrify up to 6 nearby enemies, fearing them for 4 seconds.

Greymoor Pounce Ability.
    When you do it and then do it again within the next five seconds pounce will do this it will cast Carnage.
    The Second cast will add a bleed effect dealing damage for ten seconds and then do 400% More damage to enemies below 100% Health by the looks of it.

Hircines Bounty- Right now it just does this Invoke the Huntsman's blessing, healing you for 45% of your Max Health.unmorphed.
    Greymoor Hircines Bounty will heal up to 10k health. While Slotted gain major brutality Increasing your weapons damage by 20 percent. This is as long as its on your bar you get a slotted major brutality.

Roar right now Roar with bloodlust to terrify up to 6 nearby enemies, fearing them for 4 seconds.
    Greymoor- Roar will set enemies off balance for seven seconds along with fearing them.
    When slotted grants major savagery increasing your weapons critical rating by 2100 something.
    Peircing Howl Deals Crush enemy with a deafening howl, dealing 1139 Physical Damage Currently.
    Greymoor its getting increased to 7k and while enemies are facing you it does 10% more damage.

The last one I couldn't see but it safe to assume that is getting buffed as well.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on March 31, 2020 2:27AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good news everyone they have listened and they are indeed buffing the werewolf and if the changes I saw go live they will be in a much better place when Greymoor goes Live.

Roar with bloodlust to terrify up to 6 nearby enemies, fearing them for 4 seconds.

Greymoor Pounce Ability.
    When you do it and then do it again within the next five seconds pounce will do this it will cast Carnage.
    The Second cast will add a bleed effect dealing damage for ten seconds and then do 400% More damage to enemies below 100% Health by the looks of it.

Hircines Bounty- Right now it just does this Invoke the Huntsman's blessing, healing you for 45% of your Max Health.unmorphed.
    Greymoor Hircines Bounty will heal up to 10k health. While Slotted gain major brutality Increasing your weapons damage by 20 percent. This is as long as its on your bar you get a slotted major brutality.

Roar right now Roar with bloodlust to terrify up to 6 nearby enemies, fearing them for 4 seconds.
    Greymoor- Roar will set enemies off balance for seven seconds along with fearing them.
    When slotted grants major savagery increasing your weapons critical rating by 2100 something.
    Peircing Howl Deals Crush enemy with a deafening howl, dealing 1139 Physical Damage Currently.
    Greymoor its getting increased to 7k and while enemies are facing you it does 10% more damage.

The last one I couldn't see but it safe to assume that is getting buffed as well.

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention. Got a link?
    Edited by Chrlynsch on March 31, 2020 2:28AM
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Ishkaral
    Ishkaral
    ✭✭

Greymoor Pounce Ability.

If this is true it would be cool. Hope it will be able to help breaking the DPS ceiling curse of werewolf.
    Angriest angry werewolf of all those exist in the world.
  • santhoranb16_ESO
    santhoranb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    We'll see and wait what the new transformation will be and if there are changes to the downsides, might it wont be so restrictive with transform but if, then will be for sure a new downside like for vampires "cost increase".

But overall i'm glad that maybe the Werewolves will be on a chance again to be playable if you build for 'em.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Greymoor Pounce Ability.

https://youtu.be/TUIKGkENMK0

Here is the video he mentioned with the skill line 7:40.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Ishkaral
    Ishkaral
    ✭✭
    Annnd now werewolf became criminal act like what they said in live
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishkaral wrote: »
    Annnd now werewolf became criminal act like what they said in live

You can see the changes vampnight mentioned as well on the highlighted base abilities. We could end up seeing some really interesting Morphs.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a2a5c30f924385ed77a8afe7c1ac47995faf9ea78&rid=giphy.gif
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Ishkaral
    Ishkaral
    ✭✭
    Hopefully there will be someone make a full review of our skill line
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as WW wont get snare removal and CC immunity buff it will be still close to impossible to play.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 31, 2020 5:21AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Greymoor Pounce Ability.

https://youtu.be/TUIKGkENMK0

Here is the video he mentioned with the skill line 7:40.

Yeah that is the video where I noticed the changes. It seems they are making it better but the justice system might be more punishing with them as a result.
    PC NA
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is there actual verification? If so I would re-order the game because I cancelled mine.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, is there actual verification? If so I would re-order the game because I cancelled mine.

The Video shows it and you can compare it to the stats of the life werewolf those are official but likely not fully adjusted yet stats.
    They just didn't give us that information. Since its a older version of the preview they gave players to test.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on March 31, 2020 7:46AM
    PC NA