The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread

• Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    Yup! And as @ESO_Nightingale has mentioned before, they already have most of the animation ready from the Icy Conjurer set animation.
  • Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    Also, @stevenyaub16_ESO , have you seen the bear debuff in the suggested ideas? That would give wardens a nice bit of identity. Bear rips open enemies armor, we all do more damage. ^_^
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden BiS - no cheese Greymoor parse

unknown.png
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

unknown.png

So no Blood Frenzy or Thrassians?
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

unknown.png

Nope
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

Nope

Do you know if the Bloodthirsty change helped with the Bear?
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

unknown.png

Nope

Do you know if the Bloodthirsty change helped with the Bear?

Yeah BT applies to Bear now. Maximum damage from Guardian's Wrath on live patch was ~140k, on pts its 180k. I can see similar increases on Swipe and Crushing Swipe.
  • Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice. What build you using for that?

edit: doesn't eye scream count as cheese? O.o
    Edited by Valdek on May 1, 2020 5:44PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

unknown.png

This makes me so happy to see! Do you happen to have Superstar so I can see the build?
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love my mag warden

but it needs a solid class cc an execute and as someone mentioned earlier the hidden cast times are a little overboard and will get you nuked
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valdek wrote: »
    Very nice. What build you using for that?

edit: doesn't eye scream count as cheese? O.o

Everybody runs sustain food on a 21m dummy parse. It’s not quite a replication of sustain in a trial group but it’s better than lots of heavy attacks which you never do in a trial.

unknown.png

This makes me so happy to see! Do you happen to have Superstar so I can see the build?

I’ll get back on the pts and get one for you this weekend.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Runefang Thank you so much! So cool to see our class doing so well
  • Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Really appreciated. <3
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, i've made some updates to the roadmap document.

i'll post the update log:

Update log 06/09/20:
    Updated the following skills: Polar Guardian (Eternal Guardian), Enchanted Growth, Living Trellis, Green Lotus, Lotus Blossom and Glacial Presence
    Updated General Points
    Updated why these changes?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fWoOX0S4yrR_KFZcjBAvHvR2K6T__6LrIGiaERV8NQA/edit?usp=sharing
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on June 8, 2020 4:15PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the (complete lack of) changes coming down through the PTS cycle, I figured I'd once again bump to say Stamina Warden is in an awful place in PVE. I've kind of given up suggesting ideas, whether on the forums or to class leads. It seems to fall on deaf ears. But hopefully, one day, in the far distant future, my unborn children can play a Stamina Warden and not get laughed out of the room. Zos, this whole patch was about implementing ideas we've thrown around or requested. There's plenty to pick from among Stamina Warden players. Give us something.

Sincerely Yours,
    A Sad Warden
    Edited by Skjaldbjorn on July 14, 2020 12:35AM
  • Synssaturdayy9
    i agree with buffing every class but can you include templar please if every other class is gonna be crazy good in the next patch
  • A_mean_old_cat
    Am I the only one confused as to why the bird is the slowest spammable to use? Compared to force pulse, swallow soul, ricochet skull or ele weapon it seriously takes forever to land, i don’t know any pve warden using this skill(mag wise) and I was really hoping to here something about this. Especially considering bfb was nerfed to the ground :/
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to formally suggest/request converting Gripping Shards to a DPS skill. It can retain its root utility for tanks at no harm. Simply make it the next in line (Shades, Ritual, Flames of Oblivion) to scale off highest offensive stat. It's an easy, clean, harmless change that buffs Stamina Wardens in PVE pretty much exclusively without breaking them in PVP. It synergizes with the passive change a patch or two ago, as well as giving Stamden a cool thematic "ice arena" to fight in. It's no cost, no animation alteration, no targeting changes. It's PB AOE which is fine for Stam. Simply alter the damage calculation code and the change is complete.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to formally suggest/request converting Gripping Shards to a DPS skill. It can retain its root utility for tanks at no harm. Simply make it the next in line (Shades, Ritual, Flames of Oblivion) to scale off highest offensive stat. It's an easy, clean, harmless change that buffs Stamina Wardens in PVE pretty much exclusively without breaking them in PVP. It synergizes with the passive change a patch or two ago, as well as giving Stamden a cool thematic "ice arena" to fight in. It's no cost, no animation alteration, no targeting changes. It's PB AOE which is fine for Stam. Simply alter the damage calculation code and the change is complete.

Zos, If this happens, magicka warden would absolutely require a completely unique damage and stun skill like AB4.0 to make it different from stamina warden immediately, as this change would entirely delete magicka warden's last unique skill that stamden doesn't already use. And as bleeds are already the theme of stamina warden, i think changing a green balance skill such as corrupting pollen, bursting vines or leeching vines, or changing the bird of prey morph of falcon's swiftness (it requires a lengthy explanation as to why I'm suggesting it, but if anyone wants to know, just give the word.) instead would be a better long term solution, along with allowing glacial presence to give the critical buff against bleeding enemies as well as chilled enemies.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on July 15, 2020 8:56PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one confused as to why the bird is the slowest spammable to use? Compared to force pulse, swallow soul, ricochet skull or ele weapon it seriously takes forever to land, i don’t know any pve warden using this skill(mag wise) and I was really hoping to here something about this. Especially considering bfb was nerfed to the ground :/

Ricochet skull seems about the same. Both are ridiculously slow and need a speed buff of at least 30% imo
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭

Ricochet skull seems about the same. Both are ridiculously slow and need a speed buff of at least 30% imo

The skull was actually changed to be faster a while ago. Just the warden get's left out. Warden has no real spammable as only class and no real PvP Ultimate as only class. And no real gap closer as only class. And no real execute - but not the only one who doesn't.

Stamina Warden in particular is in a really bad spot and nobody seems to care.
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden in particular is in a really bad spot and nobody seems to care.

+1.
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see after a 4 month break from ESO, there have been no changes to the Warden Mag and Stam and no changes to the dam frost staff so we can actually use a frost staff for DPS!

@ESO Nightingale - Only 1 Skill Change I disagree with. Rime Wrath the off balance trigger should be 7m or further, most magicka skills are all ranged and it would make more sense have it further than 7. Stam is correct as most stam toons are in melee range.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see after a 4 month break from ESO, there have been no changes to the Warden Mag and Stam and no changes to the dam frost staff so we can actually use a frost staff for DPS!

@ESO Nightingale - Only 1 Skill Change I disagree with. Rime Wrath the off balance trigger should be 7m or further, most magicka skills are all ranged and it would make more sense have it further than 7. Stam is correct as most stam toons are in melee range.

The off balance trigger is awful. It doesn't work well in actual combat. Enemies walk towards you and it's really hard to create distance just to get the proc. It shouldn't be based off range.
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭

The off balance trigger is awful. It doesn't work well in actual combat. Enemies walk towards you and it's really hard to create distance just to get the proc. It shouldn't be based off range.

I guess we all play different, but I mainly play at range on my Magden :). Still sad to see none of your ideas being implemented or commented on by Class Reps. Maybe they will look at classes soon (Fingers Crossed)
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess we all play different, but I mainly play at range on my Magden :). Still sad to see none of your ideas being implemented or commented on by Class Reps. Maybe they will look at classes soon (Fingers Crossed)

I've been taking a bit of a break from the game since nothing has really happened to Warden. WoW has actual frost classes and they're super fun and flavourful. It's also just been nice to not worry about the politics of ESO forums.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it bother anyone else that Lotus Flower forces you to choose between spell OR weapon critical? The netch supports hybrids and offers weapon AND spell damage. I would love to see Green Lotus offer both criticals, and Lotus Blossom offer something different entirely (such as healing 2 targets but for less hp, or granting minor resolve/ward to healed targets).
  • WastedJoker
    WastedJoker
    ✭✭✭
    1st pain point:

Make Scorch and its morphs instant cast with a hard cooldown. Will give you more accuracy on deploying it.

2nd pain point:

Allow us to determine when the bear uses its AoE attack compared to its single target attack. Could be achieved with variations on the Command Pet hotkey; single press, double-press, long hold etc or even allows us to assign separate keys.

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll!