The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Pain Points as of Murkmire.

1. Swarm still feels lacklustre. I don't feel i'm getting a lot of benefit right away or from every cast of the skill.

2. DPS Wardens in PVE don't really offer anything class specific to help the group.

Perhaps a Synergy would resolve both these issues.(but i know you don't like suggestions)

Notable mention.... Ice DPS.

Pain Points in Murkmire.

Arctic Blast was ruined
    Falcon Swiftness was ruined

Yes they were, but from a pure PVE perspective, they are my 2 pain points. PVP is a whole other ball game -_-

Arctic blast was pve though.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire Pain Points (Magden PvP)

Low mobility on a class that literally relies on mobility to do damage and survive

Very few meaningful ways to deal damage... fletcher infection, screaming cliff racer, and the entire winters embrace tree needs a rework
    Edited by _Ahala_ on November 1, 2018 10:50PM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Swarm still feels lacklustre. I don't feel i'm getting a lot of benefit right away or from every cast of the skill.

2. DPS Wardens in PVE don't really offer anything class specific to help the group.

Perhaps a Synergy would resolve both these issues.(but i know you don't like suggestions)

Pain Points in Murkmire.

Arctic Blast was ruined

Yes they were, but from a pure PVE perspective, they are my 2 pain points. PVP is a whole other ball game -_-

But as a dps i never used it, they were my pain points from a Magicka PVE DPS perspective.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To many buffs and not enough teeth, the whole dam back bar is buffs, I don’t know any other class that needs so many to do what most can do with one or two, most of the time I just go without, maybe just use a couple otherwise I’m spending so much time on them I’m not doing anything else
    Edited by Integral1900 on November 1, 2018 10:55PM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pain Points in Murkmire.

Arctic Blast was ruined

The old arctic blast used to help me a ton with holding points in BGs.

Sure would be nice to have it back.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on November 1, 2018 11:16PM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pain Points in Murkmire.

Arctic Blast was ruined

Yeah i really want it back too. Was a great skill.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pain Points in Murkmire.

Arctic Blast was ruined

Yeah i really want it back too. Was a great skill.

Me too, its the main reason i quit ESO and cancelled ESO+ I know its a small detail to quit a game over but it was the straw that broke the camels back for me..

And to be honest if the devs can make really poor decisions like Arctic blast and warden changes in general i'm not sure playing ESO is even worth it when they destroy a class so easily with such little thought for their customers..

I just figured better to bow out now than deal with worse stupidly poor changes down the track..
    Edited by DanteYoda on November 2, 2018 12:08PM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pain Points in Murkmire.

Arctic Blast was ruined

These skills where trashed in both from my perspective. My Tank who I do both with, lost AoE Major Maim and my burst heal in one hit in PvP and in PvE I have to slot 2 new skills to replace that one skill.

I now only get Minor Evasion on one bar and its much less useful in PvP now, because AoE in PvP is all crap you don't stay in anyway. Being able to Dodge a Spectral Bow is way more valuable than 25% AoE Damage Reduction of Eye of the Storm. Of course thats assuming I'm even on the right bar to get the Evasion. Sure because the Warden is still a buff bot, it doesn't hurt as much if you have Prey. Your whole back bar is still buffs. And of course ZoS covering up there Swift F:rage:-up by nerfing everything else hurts in both halves of the game.

Not for me it wasn't. Now I have to wear and Armor Set to get the same thing for my PvP build
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on November 2, 2018 3:52PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suffered a 6% dps loss with my magden in Murkmire, thank you ZoS for killing what was already dead.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suffered a 6% dps loss with my magden in Murkmire, thank you ZoS for killing what was already dead.

Same
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

Same

I think the only way out is by relying on a set like spell strategist (or siroria if one is lucky enough to just stand still in a fight) to help recomp the missing dps. I've tried with different enchants and slotting more animal companion skills but no difference which is kind of surprising considering that bird of prey gives minor berserk, but it doesn't outweigh having inner light slotted. These are just my experiences so far on console today.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to practice the new roto a lot more. But also because the change to Screaming Cliff Racer, Zaan wont proc if your standing at 15m to get SCR full bonus.
    Im still unsure if i will test with BoP on my bar, as i wont slot it when in trials.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feral Guardian: Decreased the damage done by the bear summoned from this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
    Developer Comment:

Spoiler

We want Wardens to have more options with which Ultimate they select. Previously, if you didn’t use the Feral Guardian Ultimate, your damage was lower than other classes. We have redistributed power from this skill into the Advanced Species passive so all abilities will deal more damage, including a different Ultimate if desired. Net DPS when using the Feral Guardian should be about the same, and DPS will go up if you were using a non-bear ultimate.

I must say, magdens certainly don't feel in line with other classes right now especially in terms of damage. I feel do like it's worse than before the Murkmire update though. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feral Guardian: Decreased the damage done by the bear summoned from this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
    Developer Comment:

Spoiler

We want Wardens to have more options with which Ultimate they select. Previously, if you didn’t use the Feral Guardian Ultimate, your damage was lower than other classes. We have redistributed power from this skill into the Advanced Species passive so all abilities will deal more damage, including a different Ultimate if desired. Net DPS when using the Feral Guardian should be about the same, and DPS will go up if you were using a non-bear ultimate.

I must say, magdens certainly don't feel in line with other classes right now especially in terms of damage. I feel do like it's worse than before the Murkmire update though. @ZOS_GinaBruno

According to Liko's comparison parse MagDen is at 57k DPS which is match with a couple other classes and behind the top classes which are at 63k DPS. This does still require a Balance build to do, but it does seem like as far as PvE meta DPS this patch was actually a push toward balance.
    I would suggest watching and seeing if this will help.
    https://youtu.be/CD0Qn2edBIA
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen that video before. I feel like it's a little misleading since Liko is kind of in a league by himself and that parse wasn't exactly 100% selfbuffed. Also, I think that was in the pts where netch gave 60% more resources than the current 40%(maybe I'm wrong). I know I'm beating a dead horse about this topic in the end. Just feeling a little frustrated and defeated is all.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen that video before. I feel like it's a little misleading since Liko is kind of in a league by himself and that parse wasn't exactly 100% selfbuffed. Also, I think that was in the pts where netch gave 60% more resources than the current 40%(maybe I'm wrong). I know I'm beating a dead horse about this topic in the end. Just feeling a little frustrated and defeated is all.

Yes it was in PTS, and yes he is top end. As for the none self-buffed, that is true, but so is all the other classes that he does making it for a fair comparison. All 10 Sub-Classes ranging between 57kand 63k
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes it was in PTS, and yes he is top end. As for the none self-buffed, that is true, but so is all the other classes that he does making it for a fair comparison. All 10 Sub-Classes ranging between 57kand 63k

57k is still pretty low in comparison. But we need more dps options obviously as we have 4 lol. Nuff said.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

57k is still pretty low in comparison. But we need more dps options obviously as we have 4 lol. Nuff said.

6k Spread is the smallest one I've ever seen in my 2 years of playing
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

6k Spread is the smallest one I've ever seen in my 2 years of playing

Yeah but its not a 1k-2k spread.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on November 8, 2018 3:57AM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My wishes for this class:

Change Screaming Cliff Racer into Screaming Ice Wraith and change to frost damage.

Change Deep Fissure to use Frost Spiders instead of Shalks and also do frost damage.

Change Cutting Dive to do poison damage.

I am really happy with my Stam Warden in general post Murkmire though I would love to see some more Ice Damage available to my Magicka Warden.
    Playing since beta...
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

Change Screaming Cliff Racer into Screaming Ice Wraith and change to frost damage.

Change Deep Fissure to use Frost Spiders instead of Shalks and also do frost damage.

I am really happy with my Stam Warden in general post Murkmire though I would love to see some more Ice Damage available to my Magicka Warden.

SREAMING ICE WRAITH!?REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, all we get is a Screeming
    pg-8-nightingale-rex.jpg?w968
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

More like:
    3842374808_6345a215fe_b.jpg
    Playing since beta...
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More like:

@kojou my photo is of Luscinia megarhynchos otherwise known as the Common Nightingale. Now look at who I was quoting, and what they were saying.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

More like:

@kojou my photo is of Luscinia megarhynchos otherwise known as the Common Nightingale. Now look at who I was quoting, and what they were saying.

Nerd... ;)

Playing since beta...
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More like:

Nerd... ;)

I did have to look up the Latin name :lol:
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I cant tell if thats a good thing or a bad thing. I do kinda scream alot for warden.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdens are actually designed to constantly scream... proof being 5 consecutive patches of terrible nerfs and a spamable literally called “screaming” cliff racer... the racer is not screaming to intimidate its target... it’s screaming because wardens bond with nature passive is causing it to feel the pain and frustration of it’s caster
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Magdens are actually designed to constantly scream... proof being 5 consecutive patches of terrible nerfs and a spamable literally called “screaming” cliff racer... the racer is not screaming to intimidate its target... it’s screaming because wardens bond with nature passive is causing it to feel the pain and frustration of it’s caster

OOF, cant agree more.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant tell if thats a good thing or a bad thing. I do kinda scream alot for warden.

🤣😂🤣😂
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others