The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the program. I left the Discord servers after 2 days, the way they're ran is a complete joke.
    Edited by LegendaryMage on July 30, 2018 6:41PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    if hurricane could remove snares, that would help out stam sorcs tremendously as we are supposed to be THE mobile class. What this would do is remove us from relying on 2h for snare removal and would allow us for more build variety. The cost ofc would make us have to lose the dps we could have gained for leaving hurricane on longer but the snare removal would be a nice trade off

Love this idea, I think it's pretty balanced and would stop pigeon holing our builds 1 direction. The snare removal could be very weak but it would help.
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Kayotic wrote: »
    Ya are we not gonna address that magicka sorcs are being excluded from end game content,?

Yeah. Most progression guilds demand absurd DPS parses nowadays (minimum 40-45k), which can be achieved by magblades and... that's it. Yes, there's the odd youtuber using 3M dummy, Lover stone, Zaan (!!!) and other cheese tricks that can achieve that damage, but that's an exercise of futility, no real guild lets you use cheese tricks in real content.

IDK what your talking about I can break 40k without poisons as a stam sorc with relequen/veiled herritance/stormfist and thats with roughly only 8k self buffed penetration. Obviously this is melee though and relequen is temperamental trying to keep up so it's a bit of a disadvantage, but 40k+ isn't only for magblades.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 30, 2018 8:36PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    if hurricane could remove snares, that would help out stam sorcs tremendously as we are supposed to be THE mobile class. What this would do is remove us from relying on 2h for snare removal and would allow us for more build variety. The cost ofc would make us have to lose the dps we could have gained for leaving hurricane on longer but the snare removal would be a nice trade off

Love this idea, I think it's pretty balanced and would stop pigeon holing our builds 1 direction. The snare removal could be very weak but it would help.
    Kayotic wrote: »
    Ya are we not gonna address that magicka sorcs are being excluded from end game content,?

Yeah. Most progression guilds demand absurd DPS parses nowadays (minimum 40-45k), which can be achieved by magblades and... that's it. Yes, there's the odd youtuber using 3M dummy, Lover stone, Zaan (!!!) and other cheese tricks that can achieve that damage, but that's an exercise of futility, no real guild lets you use cheese tricks in real content.

IDK what your talking about I can break 40k without poisons as a stam sorc with relequen/veiled herritance/stormfist and thats with roughly only 8k self buffed penetration. Obviously this is melee though and relequen is temperamental trying to keep up so it's a bit of a disadvantage, but 40k+ isn't only for magblades.

Yeah that was an absurd comment, every class can pull over 45k 6m solo, we went through this a few pages back lol.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed to see MagSorcs will be reverted back to being useless like they were a patch ago. Zergling MagSorcs will hold onto Rune cage because their damage doesn't matter, and the ability is OP Xv1 and the revert won't change that.

Meanwhile real MagSorc mains will not slot a CC that leaves their "oh so OP 4-5 GCD combo" hitting like a wet noodle.

We'll be back to how we were a patch ago when no one played a MagSorc and the few that did were forced into a Master inferno staff to have a decent CC. And let's not forget that Master infernos received a untended nerf with the 2 handed set items changes.

Please we're begging you. Fix our Crystal Frags skill, either more damage on par with Assassin's will or the CC as an option in some way. Give us some way to counter perma roots/snares. Give streak some QoL fixes, no stacking cost when it damages an opponent, remove the root it applies to us, let it keep momentum, and let us streak in the direction we are currently facing not the way we were when rooted.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ that's an optimistic list, but I'm with you.

And i agree that the Bottom line on this cage / frag situation tho is this will put Sorcs WORSE than they were previous two patches and that was a bad place.

Pigeon holed meta etc etc.

Reads like Blast will get a Proc chance. So that means its like Frag was just about 20% less damage and 20% less empower.... Of they do that Frag needs a big buff. So then we have high damage Proc or stun Proc as we all miss a different element of <2017 Frag.

Surely no one can think Sorcs from Dragonbones needed a Nerf lol
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

And i agree that the Bottom line on this cage / frag situation tho is this will put Sorcs WORSE than they were previous two patches and that was a bad place.

Reads like Blast will get a Proc chance. So that means its like Frag was just about 20% less damage and 20% less empower.... Of they do that Frag needs a big buff. So then we have high damage Proc or stun Proc as we all miss a different element of <2017 Frag.

The problem with buffing a non CCing frags at this current point is Rune Cage.

I think most decent MagSorcs are in agreeance that we'd gladly get rid of the ridiculous ranged unblockable/undodgeable CC that guarantees our burst to land for compensation on actually landing said combo outside of Rune Cage. We don't want the class to be an easy to play class, but what we do want is to be rewarded for executing our burst well.

Only issue I see with the removal of the current form of rune cage is our inability to deal with permablockers/dodgers. Curse is the only real pressure we can put on these players without RC. A good player won't let a frag land in a 1v1 (at least this used to be the case, they currently don't do enough damage or CC so being hitting by a frag isn't very punishing). And when you eliminate portions of our burst, you eliminate the entire threat of burst, period.

But by getting to choose between high damage or a CC I could adapt and make builds that take advantage of either. Currently we just have neither, which kills diversity. Which is also why every MagSorc runs the EXACT same setup, and tries to kill players the exact same way. It's rather depressing.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »

The problem with buffing a non CCing frags at this current point is Rune Cage.

I think most decent MagSorcs are in agreeance that we'd gladly get rid of the ridiculous ranged unblockable/undodgeable CC that guarantees our burst to land for compensation on actually landing said combo outside of Rune Cage. We don't want the class to be an easy to play class, but what we do want is to be rewarded for executing our burst well.

Only issue I see with the removal of the current form of rune cage is our inability to deal with permablockers/dodgers. Curse is the only real pressure we can put on these players without RC. A good player won't let a frag land in a 1v1 (at least this used to be the case, they currently don't do enough damage or CC so being hitting by a frag isn't very punishing). And when you eliminate portions of our burst, you eliminate the entire threat of burst, period.

But by getting to choose between high damage or a CC I could adapt and make builds that take advantage of either. Currently we just have neither, which kills diversity. Which is also why every MagSorc runs the EXACT same setup, and tries to kill players the exact same way. It's rather depressing.

You nailed the issue and I believe that most veteran Sorcs would agree. Without a real CC, curse is the only skill that will land consistently. Its not enough! Honestly I never thought that the stun on the frag was all that great. Whats your next move after CC'ing with a Frag? I digress, I agree that if a Sorc land a full rotation it should hurt and hurt bad, Without a reliable CC our damage should be compensated for this loss.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tank on sorc, including vet Trials. I have virtually infinite resources, lower ulti cost enables me to spam more horn and bound aegis shrugs off heavy attacks like cotton balls. Sorc tank is fun, I recommend it.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't heavy attack a stamblade without mines down or I risk dying and the only reliable skill I have to touch a dodge rolling character is curse which hits for like 6k in PVP.....

What a stupid nerf... how do we handle dodge rolling addicts now?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    I can't heavy attack a stamblade without mines down or I risk dying and the only reliable skill I have to touch a dodge rolling character is curse which hits for like 6k in PVP.....

jUsT uSe StReAk !!11!

No, seriously. I'm okay with RC becomming dodgeable (it needs a tone down) but under two conditions:

A ) RC will be worse than in Dragonbones, add something in return to compensate, like a small debuff (not like Sorcs have too much debuffs already) or a DoT

B ) fixing and buffing streak. 1.5s stun doesn't open up an offensive window even if the enemy can't break free. The animation/travel time and that you face in the opposing direction makes it hard to use this stun to set up a combo, the opponent can even be out of stam and it won't help for anything but interrupting their combo.
  • Taloros
    Taloros
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.) Ugly, annoying pets
    They look horrible. They block your view. They are hard to control, if possible at all.

2.) Pets taking two bar spaces
    Personally, I don't see a reason for this weird mechanic. It takes away a lot of versatility and potential for "skill": The pet sorc is a two-button spamming nightmare. Powerful, but boring as hell.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys cage has been Nerfed. And nothing else addressed sadly. We are now in a worst spot than Dragonbones. But this is a good thing! The forums will hopefully turn it's hateful never enough gaze at some other FOTM. Long enough for us to get the things we feel really need to be fixed.

So let's go back and list our pain points and list our wishes for the class. This fell to page 6 guys, NO! Let's get in early, things need to get better!

Let's try to get the class back on track in PvE and PvP.

Pain points PvE:
    1. Sustain is really bad, our only sustain tool on long fights is Overload, which is dead and has been for a long time in PvE. Please find some way to ha e sustain either tied to a skill like critsurge or in the passives, something is badly needed.
    2. Bar space. Still having to slot useless bound armor even if only one bar, it is a DPS passive ability with a crappy tank active ability. Just make it an armor skill, give it a useful active or delete it and put the max mag in a passive.

Pain points PvP:
    1. Utter lack of debuffs, to deal with tankier opponents. The class is a burst class is what's always said. Well so is Nightblade and they have debuffs out the wazoo. Give something a dot or defile or something to help the Sorc deal.
    2. Streak momentum loss and just general feel of this escape skill. If used offensively it should not stack cost. Something. This skill is inferior to things like cloak and at times sorint or gap closer. Yet it is hit with a penalty for spamming it. And it roots.

There is alot more but that's all for now I guess. Let's get this Sorc train ROLLING!
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just astonishes me that Zos added another time burst ability into our rotation which we welcomed (even though we said the unblockable/undodgeable portion was extreme and it's going to lead to problems). And we thought this was added because MagSorc was falling behind in damage due to nerfs and defense creeps. But then it's directly removed with nothing in addition. The ability is even more useless than it was 2 patches ago when no one used it, whatever. But it appears Zos agreed we needed SOMETHING then changed their mind because they saw MagSorcs kicking ass with an I WIN button?

Like no. I'm tired of this poor excuse for balancing. We STATED the effects of Rune cage if it went alive as is. We were ignored so you got screams of imbalance for an entire patch (like we said in the feedback section).

Now we're back to the point where we were asking for help, but we're not going to see anything for another 3 months MINIMUM.

So you agree we need something 2 patches ago. Give us an ability that's overtuned that we asked you to fix before going live. Then you nerf is back to the same spot you agreed we needed SOMETHING 2 patches ago and call it a job well done.

It's frustrating. For people that care about this game, it's aggregating to go unheard patch after patch after patch.

There is your feedback. Listen to your customers, because we predicted exactly what just occurred to the tee for 2 patches. And we're unsatisfied.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So questions for developers.

Are you enjoying to killing sorc?

Do you like to nerf without giviing any alternatives?

Do you know difference between "nerf it to the ground" and "change"?

• Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So questions for developers.

Are you enjoying to killing sorc?

Do you like to nerf without giviing any alternatives?

Do you know difference between "nerf it to the ground" and "change"?

Do you think ZOs will respond when money is involved ? No.
    ESO is pay to win.
    Make a NB or DK and make your life easier. Sorc is officially dead. Sorc is botton tier next to warden in PVE. Magic Sorc is dead in PVP .
    Developers promised sorc will be nerfed again in patch notes in next patch.

For stamsorc you have some options. Stam NB & Stam DK are deadly.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 15, 2018 5:29PM
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO streak should work something like the Frost Step skill from dragon age inquisition:

https://youtu.be/KLXLEBdnlf4?t=5m17s

As you can see, it makes you dash and change direction as you move, basically what a lightning sorcerer would be, but instead of chilling, it would stun.
    Edited by rafaelcsmaia on August 15, 2018 6:13PM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is absolutely nothing left for magSorcs against stamina dodgers.

Forward Momentum makes them completely immune to slows and roots. And they all run it.
    All the stuns we have access to can be dodged (and no, streak is not a viable stun).

So they not only dodge the majority of magSorcs damage but also cannot be crowd controlled by magSorcs so that damage might hit them.

I would really like to know how ZOS envisioned magSorcs to fight these stamina builds? You literally cannot stop them running and dodging at all. The fights against the city guards are more entertaining ... at least you can hit them.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker.

Does damage? Check
    Stuns? Check
    Undodgeable? Check

With the added bonus of stuff not normally associated with the sorc toolkit - dot and un-telegraphed..

If I was still playing magsorc, I'd be running dawnbreaker for my CC+big bursts.

Sad state of affairs though, that on a ranged mag class, I end up choosing a melee stam-based ulti for my main burst and CC....

Edited by Biro123 on August 16, 2018 12:17AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Dawnbreaker.

Does damage? Check
    Stuns? Check
    Undodgeable? Check

With the added bonus of stuff not normally associated with the sorc toolkit - dot and un-telegraphed..

If I was still playing magsorc, I'd be running dawnbreaker for my CC+big bursts.

Sad state of affairs though, that on a ranged mag class, I end up choosing a melee stam-based ulti for my main burst and CC....

I don't use dawnbreaker anymore since it seems like it misses around 70% of the time. Other times my ult is used and I don't even see db do anything it all, and other times only the dot is applied. It's way too unreliable for me.

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, all what this pompous "Sorcerer Feedback Thread" has achieved is to have a NB representative come here and tell how good they'll handle class balance. Well, actually they did. Patch notes seem written by and for NBs.

NO improvement whatsoever.

Only and exclusively nerfs.

NO fix, NO suggestion listened to, even the most minor suggestions ignored.

So, why have we wasted 12 pages to write down our "pain points" and suggestions for?
    Edited by Vahrokh on August 16, 2018 8:28AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, all what this pompous "Sorcerer Feedback Thread" has achieved is to have a NB representative come here and tell how good they'll handle class balance. Well, actually they did. Patch notes seem written by and for NBs.

So, why have we wasted 12 pages to write down our "pain points" and suggestions for?

I'm really really eager to see what they come up with next cycle. If I had to guess it's something like:

-introducing major/minor shield system -> as compensation streak cost increase reduced to 40%
    -Dots applied prior to shielding damage health instead of shields
    -Shields scale worse with max resources
    -Implosion moved to Dragonknights -> as compensation elder dragon switched to sorcs
    -Lightning Splash dmg and Energyzed passive nerfed by 20%
    -Mage's Fury working like other executes but with the same lower threshold as before
    -Curse blockable and surpressed by cloak
    -Dark Deal/Conversion locks you into place
    -Surge procs only from direct damage crits

Anything else I forgot in the nerf-sorc-train? And that's just some of the *** I read during this PTS cycle.

And as it wasn't crystal clear to me before, now that rune cage is nerfed and magsorcs are shoved down the pvp ladder a bit, the outcries about stamsorcs started right after the patch hit live. If there is one thing I can count on, it's that this community will never be satisfied with the nerf damage they caused.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime, magblades get free 8% magicka and 8% more damage + the best I-Win button: Shade.
    I will probably be very salty, when this class does not get adjusted in the next patch or other classes buffed by alot.

There is a reason why there are only nightblades in pve as well as in pvp.
    I will never understand, why anyone complains about Sorcerers in pvp. Whenever I see them, they are complete trash. Harmless, easy to burst, easy to counter and totally predictable. No other class in the game is so easy to face for us anyway.
    Edited by Dracane on August 16, 2018 9:50AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm really really eager to see what they come up with next cycle. If I had to guess it's something like:

-introducing major/minor shield system -> as compensation streak cost increase reduced to 40%
    -Dots applied prior to shielding damage health instead of shields
    -Shields scale worse with max resources
    -Implosion moved to Dragonknights -> as compensation elder dragon switched to sorcs
    -Lightning Splash dmg and Energyzed passive nerfed by 20%
    -Mage's Fury working like other executes but with the same lower threshold as before
    -Curse blockable and surpressed by cloak
    -Dark Deal/Conversion locks you into place
    -Surge procs only from direct damage crits

Anything else I forgot in the nerf-sorc-train? And that's just some of the *** I read during this PTS cycle.

And as it wasn't crystal clear to me before, now that rune cage is nerfed and magsorcs are shoved down the pvp ladder a bit, the outcries about stamsorcs started right after the patch hit live. If there is one thing I can count on, it's that this community will never be satisfied with the nerf damage they caused.

You forgot about overload - and sustain - there needs to be sustain nerfs too - cus of all the tears around 'infinite sustain' - prolly make the lich proc only active while on that bar..?
    And a new easy-to-get oblivion proc set with great stats - maybe its time for it to be a monster set so they can run sloads/shieldbreaker/infused oblivion AND an oblivion monster set.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune Cage in PVP. Others have pointed out what I think.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Priyasekarssk
      Priyasekarssk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MalagenR wrote: »

jUsT uSe StReAk !!11!

No, seriously. I'm okay with RC becomming dodgeable (it needs a tone down) but under two conditions:

A ) RC will be worse than in Dragonbones, add something in return to compensate, like a small debuff (not like Sorcs have too much debuffs already) or a DoT

B ) fixing and buffing streak. 1.5s stun doesn't open up an offensive window even if the enemy can't break free. The animation/travel time and that you face in the opposing direction makes it hard to use this stun to set up a combo, the opponent can even be out of stam and it won't help for anything but interrupting their combo.

RC should be undodgeable to magic sorc competitve. Period. Here comes the Pro for advise. Yes streak to the NB sniping at 40 M range. Excellent advise. what a noob looking for cheese . And advise to fix streak as if pretending sorc. Go back to Nb & DK threads and ask for another cheese.
      Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 16, 2018 3:09PM
    • IAVITNI
      IAVITNI
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Biro123 wrote: »

You forgot about overload - and sustain - there needs to be sustain nerfs too - cus of all the tears around 'infinite sustain' - prolly make the lich proc only active while on that bar..?
      And a new easy-to-get oblivion proc set with great stats - maybe its time for it to be a monster set so they can run sloads/shieldbreaker/infused oblivion AND an oblivion monster set.

Please don't share my build without permission.Thanks.
      Edited by IAVITNI on August 16, 2018 3:26PM
    • Beardimus
      Beardimus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If I were a class Rep id be raging. Approach seems to undermine the point of programme.

With little justification bar "we listened to the forum noise"

Xbox One | EU | EP
      Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
      Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
      1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
      Alts - - for the Lolz
      Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
      Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
      Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
      Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
      Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
      Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
      Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
      Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
      Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    • Oreyn_Bearclaw
      Oreyn_Bearclaw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Been deliberately avoiding this thread, but here goes. I wont beat the dead horse (too much) about how idiotic it was to go through the whole, nerf frags, buff cage as compensation, then nerf cage off our bars, routine. It was a huge blunder from ZOS, only thing I wish is that they would own up to it. Sorcs are basically where they were a year ago, but weaker as the meta has shifted (Master weapons are far less effective).

Things I would like.

-Snare removal: For the love of god, give us a way to remove snares other than mist form or potions (which dont work half the time). The two places it seems to make sense are streak and boundless. I would probably prefer it on streak, but that would be a lot for one skill. Boundless is pretty hard for me to slot these days. Resistance dont matter with a shield, and the mobility is just not that great. Its a nice skill, but sorcs have really tight bars as is. Boundless could use an overhaul IMO (hurricane is fine). In line with this, buff the CC immunity for immobilization (for everyone). It should be just as long as a hard CC.

-Fix Streak: I am honestly not sure where to start on this. First, it is as clunky as it could possibly be. I am never quite sure which way it is going to go. I wish it would work like dodge, where you could determine the direction you want to travel. Second, it is also a nightmare in uneven terrain, which is basically all of Cyro. Third, the cost stack just makes no sense in the current meta. Where is the cost stack on other class skills? Does cloak cost stack? Of course not. Fourth, it is nullified by gap closers. I would like to see ball of lighting absorb gap closers or give immunity as well. You can only streak, get gap closed, streak, get gap closed so many times. Your cost is stacking, there's is not. This skill is simply not the escape tool everyone thinks it is. If you can get to LOS with it, usually, you are tapped on resources when they catch up. The fact that streak stacks and cloak does not is one of the most obvious imbalances in this game.

-Fix Frags: Cant believe we are still saying this, but the sorcs perhaps class defining skill is not making peoples bars at this point. Also, lets not pretend that anyone uses the other morph. This skill needs to hit harder and travel faster. The most obvious skill comparison to frags is merciless resolve. The later is so much more powerful, that the comparison starts to seem silly. It hits harder, gives a great buff, and is much easier to control the proc. RNG in a rotation is just not a good thing. I could honestly take or leave the stun, assuming we have other options, but sure, it would be nice to have back.

-Fix Sustain: This is not as bad of an issue in PVP, but in PVE, sustain is one of a sorcs biggest problems. Magic NBs do not require a heavy attack on a 6 mill dummy. Sorcs require at least 3-4. That should be enough said, but it's apparently not or something would have been done by now. There is simply no good reason to play a mag sorc DPS at this point. mNB is better in literally every aspect of the game. You are actually starting to see the second healer run sorc in good groups, because its easier to give what little sorc buffs a group needs that way, and lets face it, mNBs dont need a lot of heals.

-Fix Pets: The simplest solution would be to remove them if I am being honest. They dont work well, have never worked well, and most people dont want to deal with them. If you want to leave them, make them function more like a regular skill. Eliminate the need to double bar and summon. If you want an attack that instantly summons something resembling a pet that does damage, fine, but the current system is really bad.

-Fix Shields: The problem with shields is not in the 1v1 or Xv1 scenarios. They are perfectly strong for those. The problem comes with 1v2+. A sorc has no chance against 2-3 competent players, other than to run and hope none of them have a gap closer. I am not sure what the solution here is, but no defensive mechanism scales worse than shields when out numbered.

-Fix Rune Cage: News flash, you didnt do that with the last patch. I could care less about the damage. Making it undodgeeable is just part of a long list of things you did to buff stamblades this patch (sloads "fix", detect icon, etc.). No class is less deserving of a buff than stamblades. They are the apex of power and damage in this game, both in PVP and PVE. I can only assume that 90% of the dev team plays one. The right move was to reduce the range to somewhere in the middle, but that particular ball was dropped.

Like any class, sorcs have had their time in the sun, but in the current meta, they have absolutely zero build diversity and a completely binary play style. You either setup a combo, or you stack shields. If you are outnumbered, you respawn. If you like trial DPS, you are screwed.
      Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on August 16, 2018 5:25PM
    • Somewhere
      Somewhere
      ✭✭✭✭
      - Mages Fury: The Mages Wrath morph doesn't make much sense. Increased splash damage? On an execute? The only reason anyone even uses executes is to burn down a boss really, in which case, we don't care about splash damage. Just get rid of this morph and make Mages Wrath a stamina morph. You already have an animation in game that the "Stormlord" class of enemies use. They smash the ground and deal a conal lightning attack. Use that.

-Lightning Form & Bound Armor: Neither of these skills are particularly focused. Give the 8% passive magicka and stamina bonuses to Lightning Form and its morphs, but remove Major Ward and Major Resolve. Give Bound Armor the 20-30 sec Major Ward and Major Resolve buffs. Give Bound Armor a way to remove snares or something, that or give that to Lightning Form and give Bound Armor something else. Either way, as it stands, we all just slot Bound Armor just for the 8% max resources, but it's a useless skill as it stands. I don't want it to be a passive like NB's is, that's homogenization, but I would like the skill we slot to be more useful.

-Bolt Escape: Honestly I'd like to see some kind of trail left behind on one of the morphs (only one trail can be up, so if you cast it again, the old trail disappears), which leaves behind a dot or some kind of snare or stun for people who run into it. Maybe on Ball of Lightning since that morph seems to be more defensive based.

-Lightning Splash: Just give this skill a stamina morph as well. Like Mages Fury, you have a class of npcs called Stormlords that lift their hammers into the air and deal an explosion of electricity around them. Use that for this, and make Liquid Lightning a sticky DOT with an area around it. Basically I cast it on an enemy, and all enemies around that target will take the damage. Otherwise it works as before. This makes it a more unique skill, and less of a struggle to use, as enemies aren't particularly keen to stay in a 4m radius.

-Crystal Blast: Give it a stamina morph, or make Crystal Blast also proc instant cast. Short of making its damage ridiculously high, this morph just sucks. A channel vs an instant cast? I'd suggest making a stamina morph and make it also have an instant proc, but have it be close ranged, but then I feel magicka and stamina sorcerers would have too identical of a play style, and I think that's a valid criticism.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything to be said that hasn't already been said.
    • ZOS_Mika
      ZOS_Mika
      admin
      We have recently removed several unnecessary/bashing comments from this thread. Please keep the discussion civil. Thank you for your understanding.
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Staff Post