The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Nightblade Feedback Thread

• xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, if you're a magblade using Shadow Cloak over Dark your opinion has lost significant value.

Dark Cloak is only better in a 1v1 and even then, the selfheal isnt that great. Outnumbered Dark Cloak cant outheal the dmg income and Shadowy Disguise becomes a better option due to being able to negate dmg.
    Edited by xI_The_Owl_Ix on August 30, 2020 12:57PM
  • MonoAlva
    MonoAlva
    ✭✭
    Hello, im en ex ps4 player that now plays in pc and have been here since the game release, I currently main Magblade and mostly do pvp(bgs dueling and solo open world).
    Magblade was already too weak pre stone thorn, now with the nerf(yes its nerf)I'm weaker.

-The well fitted buff is a huge nerf for my Magblade, hitting a bow to a stacking well fitted player is literally impossible.
    -Lets say I am able to stun my enemy, bow travel time is too slow and can be dodged or blocked easily.
    -10%dmg mitigation loss, how do I even compensate that?I can run a mundus for the 10%crit and I don't even play Crit, to be able to kill as a Magblade you need malacath pressure or a good op proc set.
    -Soul harvest?If the enemy doesn't have 500ping plus it is easily telegraphed and dodged/blocked.
    -Fear?With how servers work if you are chasing a player to fear them no matter if its next to you you just won't hit him, so you just end up spamming you're 4.3k fear to air while getting kitted and killed.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, if you're a magblade using Shadow Cloak over Dark your opinion has lost significant value.

That being said, Dark Cloak was best at its 3 second duration being the closest thing that a magblade will feel to a burst heal since the complete loss of Healing Ward as any kind of utility. It doesn't even work with BRP resto because of its current bug of not scaling/healing at all in execute range. Healing Ward: Useless. BRP Resto: Useless.

Dark Cloak in its current state is mediocre in healing power; taking into considering I run 30k hp backbar and could slot vigor as a magblade and produce a more powerful heal. This is a problem in terms of a 'class heal' when an ability that uses your weakest resource produces more results.

Manifestation of Terror has a bug where you can dodge through the trap, get CC'd, and still dodge everything being thrown at you for the duration of the "dodge roll", unlike Mass Hysteria which immediately makes you vulnerable to attacks irregardless of the duration left on a roll after being feared. This has gone widely unnoticed due to it being a very unpopular (and overlooked) morph. I could rant all day about how it's superior to Hysteria, but there's other threads for that.

Reave. Why is this on Incap and not Soul Harvest? Clearly stamblades have a much easier time sustaining than magblades. This was one of the greatest buffs we've seen for the class, and yet magblades, the class needing the most sustain, reaps none of it while stamblades, who can literally out-sustain DKs, get an uneccesary buff so they can slot more damage over sustain. They already get 10% stamina sustain just from keeping Relentless Focus up. Ridiculous thought process that shows Class Rep's bias towards stam. Stop over-dodging and you'll see your sustain improve, you dunce. /rant

I'll probably have more to add later.

Pretty sure we lost the 10% stam recovery the same time we lost minor berserk, major defile, and fracture (on SA). Could be mistaken on the timeline of those nerfs but regardless; relentless focus does not give stam recovery anymore.
    Edited by FangOfTheTwoMoons on September 2, 2020 1:46AM
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might have thought it gave stamina recovery because the effects still had the green absorption effect at ground level. With this update as far as I know, they finally removed that effect so it's slightly less confusing. If you use a Two-Hander, you still got stamina recovery from Rally though.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MonoAlva I'm not like a super good magBlade or anything but I have found the melee playstyle using Concealed Weapon to be a more reliable means for setting up kills. The new flanking change is a substantial buff for that, as you get the critical hit from stealth, the bonus damage from flanking, and set them up as best you can for Soul Harvest.

All that said though, you're totally right about bow and suspect durability. I've also found the Wild Hunt ring helps quite a bit for surviving and also plays to the strengths of the melee style.

But better magBlades than I will probably have better advice for you.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is old and I've only recently signed on the forum. But all these 2 pain point posts and stuff, are they posted by nb's or nbs' victims? Cause they sound like haters, not players :) i've always played nb main, here are my two pain points:
    1. Nbs used to be fun, then overnight when they changed the skills, i could not kill abyone anymore in pvp. I have had to rework my stam and mag nb completely to be atleast decent. Please make it fun again. I don't know what was changed, but it seems like my opponents can escape better with little life left and recover. I feel like my toons can do it too, they don't die so easy. Is there like a hidden passive that triples resistances and dodge change and blocks incoming damage when you have like 10% life left or something? It feels like it to me.
    2. And i also play all other classes. All other classes have better damage and healing and recovery skills that are more versatile in their fuctions and effects. And are easier to use, they don't require light attacts for example.
    3. And three for extra, why is it ok to give the unique nb skills to all other classes as guild skill lines and so? We had few signature skills and now any old warden can use them. What's up with that?
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah and why our ultimates have cast times? They never work anymore you know, have you game maker people tried to cast them in pvp fights? Any success for you? Could you kindly post a vid so i can see how many players can be around for them to work?
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's not too much wrong with nightblades at the moment. Mine feels decent in pve, though I'm more practiced with my sorc, and it definitely feels stronger now with the change to the master assassin passive. I like the fact that it's a class focused so much on direct damage: quick and clean kills. So please ignore the complaints about lack of dots, if people want a for class there's always DK. I guess my top two bugbears would be:
    1. I agree with the comments about stealth speed. It's tiresome having to be a vampire to sneak at a normal speed, remove speed penalty of sneak should definitely feature in the shadow passives. Maybe require a shadow ability to be slotted if you don't want it to be a complete freebie.
    2. Nightblade stealth is so easy to counter now. I'm not sure what the solution is but maybe shadowy disguise could grant invisibility even in situations where you couldn't normally become invisible, or add a degree of immunity to being pulled out of invisibility.Esoecially with the loss of the passive damage reduction from relentless it feels really vulnerable being a nightblade at the moment.
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    A few, not just 2 since discord was useless. Note I have nearly 2 grand overlord magnbs, 600 days playtime and almost all PvE endgame achievements in trials etc.

1. Debilitate is totally garbage, just start again
    2. Incap is massively overpowered.
    3. Surprise attack should only najor fracture uf stunning from cloak.
    4. MagNB suffers heavily from snares ruining cloak, the only solid defence.
    5. Cloak overperforms on both stam and mag.
    6. Merciless resolve feels too strong on MagNB.
    7. NB has too much crit power. In both mag and stam the dps is too high in both PvE and PvP

another nerf post not what was asked for!!!
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lurkin777 wrote: »
    A few, not just 2 since discord was useless. Note I have nearly 2 grand overlord magnbs, 600 days playtime and almost all PvE endgame achievements in trials etc.

7. NB has too much crit power. In both mag and stam the dps is too high in both PvE and PvP

Youre replying to something from 2018
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas when the skill overhauls happening? Think it was in the pipeline a couple of years ago. Ie dps skills in the assassination line, tank skill in the shadow and healing in siphoning, similar to how they designed warden/necro.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know when. However, on the PTS or something they said the immediate class adjustments that came with this update were not the final adjustments, and there there would be much more in a future update that actually puts more focus on several classes. Whether that is later this year or with the next chapter.. or two.. Who knows.

I've been waiting for these so claimed updates since before the "Year long performance plan" that announced, which I believe set back the class adjustments in the first place.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lurkin777 wrote: »

That was post form 2018, that's what you get when someone necros therad...

Nevertheless if you play magblade with the hope of future buffs, just roll another toon already. There won't be NB overhaul, there is no money in it. Deal with what you have.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Nortenho_PT
    Nortenho_PT
    Soul Shriven
    Patch 6.2

"Drain Power
    Power Extraction (morph):
    This morph now applies Minor Cowardice to enemies hit, rather than reducing their Weapon and Spell Damage by a unique amount.
    This will result in a larger decrease in Weapon and Spell Damage, but one that cannot be stacked with other sources.
    Reduced the base duration by 1 second, but the ability now ranks up in duration of this by 1 second per rank, up to 10 seconds."

Nightblade tanks are strugling... last patch was a nerf to Grim Focus mitigation, now you put the only skill that really help in NB mitigation
    as an only usable PVP skill...
    and useless, beccause damage is so hight from procs etc that ultimate will not do mutch diference!

What are you doing???
    It was not preferible to put a mitigation self buff in the skill rather then an acomulative weapon/spell damage reduction buff???
    " while active your damage taken is reduced by 5%"
    is that hard?

Only PVP skill???
    WTH
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need the effect time of Siphoning Strikes and Summon Shade to be 26 seconds over.
    Endless Hail is 14 seconds, which simplifies skill rotation.
    Current skill rotation is too complicated.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how Nightblades are discussing their class issues while Templars exist.

~ Exist.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »

~ Exist.

Because templars werent discussing their class issues when stamblades were underperforming few patches ago. MagNB still struggles in PvP fyi. Also several classes can have issues/be bad, no need to start a class war.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

~ Exist.

Meh. I main Templar, or at least have up until our current patch. Its in as bad as spot as most if not all, but I'm sure there are still some things for NB that needs addressing. Probably magnb particularly. Enjoying my brawler stamNB this patch though as I figured, might as well join in on the fun.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

~ Exist.

When nb was [snip] in everything a lot of templar main laught at the class as "nb is coward class because they have invis, they should hit and heal bad". So what is your point? I should now fight together with these ppl for their class when they didnt care about weak nbs for 2 years? No thank you. I prefer to talk about what magblades needs for pvp or what can make blade class be more group friendly

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:37PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

~ Exist.
    Both specs of templar is still in a better place then magblade at least for pvp. Right now the only way to make magblade work is using armor master with a damage set or using 5 heavy.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

~ Exist.

You know what, I hope ZOS does wind up bringing templars in line with magblades. Then you'll have something to complain about.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

~ Exist.

This is the NB thread. Get outa huur
  • Iskaldt
    Iskaldt
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest pain points with NB is playing as magica, As most skills feel underwelming and doesnt have much of an impact feeling other than merciless resolve, wich btw is a skill i would rather not use becouse i hate its clunkyness, but i cant get away from it.

its whole playstyle of pretty much waiting for merciless resolve gets boring really fast. And in general the skills feel delayed and underwelming.

Strife feels like im pulling a rubberband.

• Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having played stamblade after maining a stamplar for years up to now, theres a couple things I believe need to be addressed.

1). Assassins will. This skill...just hurts...sooo much. I have never had a crit below 10k. ever. And I have 30k hp. granted it's hard to land sometimes. Easiest solution: reduce damage, reduce the travel time

2). Magblade could go with a couple changes as well. Increasing the duration of the snare removal on phantasmal escape could be a good start. Adjusting crippling grasp to be something similar to bloodcraze (DoT and HoT) would give good results. Nobody likes the immobilize spam (or at least being on the receiving end) so that could be removed and instead increasing the snare. Adding a 3rd dmg shield somewhere would be nice as well
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need buff to Power Extraction.
    Now, this skill is not required for PvP and PvE trials.
    So it's worthless.

Jman100582 wrote: »
    Having played stamblade after maining a stamplar for years up to now, theres a couple things I believe need to be addressed.

1). Assassins will. This skill...just hurts...sooo much. I have never had a crit below 10k. ever. And I have 30k hp. granted it's hard to land sometimes. Easiest solution: reduce damage, reduce the travel time

Reduce the damage of Assasin's will is very bad idea.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does Shadow Barrier for class passive skill depend on Heavy Armor?
    It is nonsense that class skills are affected by Armor Type.
    Need the Shadow Barrier's duration fixed or permanent.
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we just move just move Major Sorcery and Brutality to Leeching Strikes and Siphoning attacks and remove it from the sap morphs!!

Please!!!!
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple of things inherently wrong with magblade.

1) Magblade struggles to kill anything moderately tanky. The fact that the class lacks any dots and any useable execute contribute greatly to this. You can get someone to 20% health countless times on magblade and be unable to finish the kill because spamming swallow soul isn't going to cut it when someone holds block and vigors, or worse when they roll spam.
    Magblade does have impale however is not really viable because the threshold is so low. an enemy is likely to stay at under 25% for at best a second however due to the travel time of impale it will likely be over the threshold by the time the attack hits. The recent changes to to defile hurt the class' kill potential even more. ( as a whole I think nerfing defile wasn't a bad choice just because of stamcro however it is undeniable that this hurt magblade. )
    Suggested solution is to increase the threshold for execute damage and make it scale linearly like most executes so it doesn't affect pve.

2) defense
    The recent nerf to shade brought minor maim down to 5% which is honestly quite pathetic. Most classes have a class skill that really stands out, the bread and butter of the class. Stamcros: tether dks: fossilize sorc: streak/dark deal/overload templars: toppling/purge nb roll dodge. I know people are going to say cloak however its actually stamblade that makes the best use of cloak because it works best in combination with roll dodge something magblade cant do much.

as a side note the class has no heal however I believe that this is the least of its problems and can overcome this by playing well. that being said there is a skill called malevolent offering that no one uses so that's a skill that can be reworked to something useful.

Also I agree with other please move major sorcery and brutality to leeching strikes and siphoning .
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on November 24, 2020 6:52PM
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The class was fine before they changed the skills. Biggest mistake of all times. It is still is not the same as it was, this class. A bit better, but nothing like the original. Can i sub eso- for the old style class pls?
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »
    The class was fine before they changed the skills. Biggest mistake of all times. It is still is not the same as it was, this class. A bit better, but nothing like the original. Can i sub eso- for the old style class pls?

At this point, I'd drop 80 bucks on ESO Classic.