The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The 1-GCD Sorc Gank Builds are Extremely Overperforming

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Apherius wrote: »
    It's funny, usually people complain about Shield-stacking. and they tell them to " L2P " or to " Change their build" when these sorc complain about being killed by sload stacking or Shield breaker.

Well, that's what they did, they changed their build. they don't bother using shields or sustain sets anymore.

I'm fairly sure even the overload gank sorcerers have Hardened+Harness slotted.

In fact they should be getting bigger than average shields thanks to higher than usual magicka pool - the only thing you don't get on a maximum dmg build is good sustain (which you don't need tbh).

If they use their shields it mean they failed to gank you, and if you know how to rolldodge you can avoid the next light attack and easily kill Him, don't forgot that these sorc have a lower stamina pool, 1/2 CC and you kill them.

Anyway, I don't even think they run hardened and harness on their overload bar, they probably use " Inner light, rune cage, Twillight matriarch, Bound armement and Crystal blast ".
    Edited by Apherius on June 10, 2018 2:05PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny, usually people complain about Shield-stacking. and they tell them to " L2P " or to " Change their build" when these sorc complain about being killed by sload stacking or Shield breaker.

Well, that's what they did, they changed their build. they don't bother using shields or sustain sets anymore.

I'm fairly sure even the overload gank sorcerers have Hardened+Harness slotted.

In fact they should be getting bigger than average shields thanks to higher than usual magicka pool - the only thing you don't get on a maximum dmg build is good sustain (which you don't need tbh).

If they use their shields it mean they failed to gank you, and if you know how to rolldodge you can avoid the next light attack and easily kill Him, don't forgot that these sorc have a lower stamina pool, 1/2 CC and you kill them.

Anyway, I don't even think they run hardened and harness on their overload bar, they probably use " Inner light, rune cage, Twillight matriarch, Bound armement and Crystal blast ".

Or they just killed someone & need to get away from the zerg nearby.

There's no reason not to slot them, especially when you have three bars to work with. It'd be like not slotting cloak on a NB gank build.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

e

Or they just killed someone & need to get away from the zerg nearby.

There's no reason not to slot them, especially when you have three bars to work with. It'd be like not slotting cloak on a NB gank build.

I agree, I was more referring to the possibility to stack shield quite easily when i said " they don't bother using shield and sustain set anymore ", which is something you can't do with an Overload build, they cost a lot and you can't sustain them.
    Some think there is no point to play all arround sustain and shields (= survavibility ) if every single players and their mother can counter that with Sload. I'm one of these person.
    This is why i find all these " Nerf Overload " thread pretty funny, it's like reading " Please nerf that, We don't want sorc to be able to gank, we want them to play arround survavibility and sustain once again, so we can kill them with sload stacking and tell them to L2P if they complain about that "

Edited by Apherius on June 10, 2018 3:38PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    Kova wrote: »
    I'm not worried about sorcs who aren't in overload. This is not a regular nerf sorc thread. I'm not whining about shields or bolt escape or any of that.
    What? You're saying nerf shields? Leave bolt escape alone. Why is Cloak spam ok but Streak isn't?

Honestly, I hate Blob for releasing the build. Sorcs already have so many glaring problems, this is just going to get them nerfed even more tbh. ZoS is probably going to decrease the range of Frags or take the CC off CB completely and move it onto Lightning Armor to promote diversity.

The problem with balancing sorcs is that they have very powerful tools at their disposal. More often than not, those tools that are overperforming are not addressed and instead we get frag nerfs. Largely due to Fury securing kills so forum warriors post about dying to OP sorcs when they probably would have died anyways since they were in execute range.

Nobody asked for Rune Cage buff.
    Nobody Asked for Curse buff.
    Nobody asked for Atro Buff (?)
    Nobody wants Crystal Blast.
    EVERYBODY (except trash sorcs) is pretty much ok with altering how shields work (especially with Pirate Skeleton), which was THE problem with magsorcs outside of Dark Deal in homestead, but instead they nerfed Frags. Twice. Which has given us an OP CC that won't get nerfed because ZoS doesn't undo changes so next Elemental Fury will be changed to a DoT to allow more counter play, reducing sorc burst further.

Make Crystal Blast a stam spammable and just be done with it.

The funny part is, everyone cried so hard and long about frags stunning. We had a dodgeable, blockable, reflectable, and telegraphed ranged stun. We Sorcs loved it, our defining ability. Now we have a stun that isn’t any of those things.

Crystal blast needs to be a short range spammable with PHYSICAL damage, and should cost and do about as much damage as talons, then add in a bleed DOT or something cool. Let’s make it happen, stamina Sorcs will use it.

Lastly, pirate skeleton was target nerfed to stop proc’ing on shields. Just to screw over Sorcs. It was left just as good for their precious stamina heavy armor builds, with the defile you could just purge.