Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The 1-GCD Sorc Gank Builds are Extremely Overperforming

Thogard
Thogard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
EDIT/DISCLAIMER: this is not a nerf sorc thread. 95% of sorcs don’t use overload as their main source of damage. 100% of good sorcs don’t. This is about a particular build that utilizes overload + hardcast frags. If you don’t hardcast your frags, don’t get defensive... and if you do get defensive because you do hardcast your frags... don’t tell me to learn to play... I mean, you’re the one hard casting frags ...

Anyway, Thank god not many people have caught on yet.

I figured I'd get out in front of this one and make a "nerf" or a "qq" thread first.

Anyway, the combo is a glitchy c-frag done on the overload bar in such a way that the overload light attack and the cfrag hit around the same time. put an execute on first and voila.

my 27k HP heavy armor stam DK in full impen got dropped in less than a second.

Old normal - overload builds were squishy because to stack max mag meant weak light attacks, and to stack light attack dmg meant weak shields.

New normal - Why not both?

EDIT: do i need to "git good"? yeah. Could i have roll dodged it? yeah. Could i have one shot the sorc right back by reflecting it? yeah.. and it's hilarious when a the mag sorc i play with who started this whole craze whines about that happening to him because he EXPLODES.

but just because I still have to git good doesn't mean we can ignore the poor console players with their gamepads. They're so helpless with those gamepads. They have to block first just to rolldodge... thats not very easy for them :( they'll get blown up with no rebuttal.... let's end this tragedy before it begins.

TL: DR: nerf sorc. (but really just overload light attacks)
Edited by Thogard on May 30, 2018 10:25PM
PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look Mom, another nerf sorc thread.
    PC-NA Goat
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isinthat a blob build. ? They alrrady nerffed overload because of his last build. Lol
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guarantee you a lot of sorcs are going to take this as a personal attack on their class, despite it being a correction to an over buff.

Yeah, fix it, and the new rune too, return frags stun, which was more accessible/less clunky, and less OP.
    firedrgn wrote: »
    Isinthat a blob build. ? They alrrady nerffed overload because of his last build. Lol

They didn't nerf it, with scaling changes, and being able to rune with it made it better all around. Also overload sorc gank builds have been around for a while, just the use of different frags is new.
    Edited by ak_pvp on May 30, 2018 8:43PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't play magsorc but I have friends that do that tell me that the new rune cage is ridiculously OP. And I've seen them do the c-frag overload gank too, it's pretty intense. fwiw
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile magDK is still OP to some magSorc and stamBlades
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile magDK is still OP to some magSorc and stamBlades

Every class is OP to someone.

These posts are as common as grains of salt in a shaker, and they taste just the same.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a sorc I agree that this is too much
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a glitched frag. The frag is hardcasted and the overload is a light attack.

Pvp is not skill based anymore. It hasn't been for years. I'm saying this as an ex-duelist and a solo player; you can counter the overload frag several different ways but what it really comes down to is you, the dead player, thinks they should've won/survived against the sorc for "reasons" usually related to ego.

I do it, we all do it. They didn't change incap, proc sets, leap, wings, sub assault, or super high execute ranges. They're not going to change a hugely telegraphed, moves at the speed of farts combo.

And even if they do well be right back here next patch having this same discussion with another setup.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    I guarantee you a lot of sorcs are going to take this as a personal attack on their class, despite it being a correction to an over buff.

Yeah, fix it, and the new rune too, return frags stun, which was more accessible/less clunky, and less OP.

They didn't nerf it, with scaling changes, and being able to rune with it made it better all around. Also overload sorc gank builds have been around for a while, just the use of different frags is new.

Pretty sure they made it so it would not stack with tje new weapon ability. Imbune weapon or something like that. Blob was hitting for like 100k .

I dont have a horse in the race as i dont pvp. It is amusing tho.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needed to say that as a sorc I think it definitely needs to be toned down, just didn't want to undermine the grand message.
    Edited by Kova on May 30, 2018 8:54PM
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    It's not a glitched frag. The frag is hardcasted and the overload is a light attack.

Pvp is not skill based anymore. It hasn't been for years. I'm saying this as an ex-duelist and a solo player; you can counter the overload frag several different ways but what it really comes down to is you, the dead player, thinks they should've won/survived against the sorc for "reasons" usually related to ego.

I do it, we all do it. They didn't change incap, proc sets, leap, wings, sub assault, or super high execute ranges. They're not going to change a hugely telegraphed, moves at the speed of farts combo.

And even if they do well be right back here next patch having this same discussion with another setup.

Yeah that's the combo. hard casted frag and overload light attack. something about the timing tho makes them hit at the same time, which is what i thought was glitchy.

I'm not worried about sorcs who aren't in overload. This is not a regular nerf sorc thread. I'm not whining about shields or bolt escape or any of that.

It is 100% based on one particular overload build (not blob's) that is popping up on PC NA.

Phage i dont know who you are but im going to assume you're a console player since if you were PC i'd know you... so just wait til this hits.

It's really just this one thing. the new runecage brings sorcs up to a good place where they're strong but not too strong. It's just the overload build that's OP AF.

EDIT:
    I'd also like to point out that my track record for things that I QQ about has been pretty spot on.

1. Sub assault + dawnbreaker + reverse slice combo overperforming (still is)
    2. Cloak causing DBOS to glitch / miss, which it does
    3. the BG matchmaking system
    4. Earthgore overperforming (pre summerset)
    5. Overloads + hardcast cfrag in summer

that's pretty much it.
    Edited by Thogard on May 30, 2018 9:08PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• kromegas
    kromegas
    ✭✭✭
    Console player here (Xbox) abs I have been theory crafting for my sorc... what do you think?

FB: willpower flame staff
    Resto- Lich
    Head- Elegant
    Chest- Eligant
    Shoulder- Dom.
    Hands- elegant
    Waist- Lich
    legs - Lich
    Feet- Lich
    Neck- willpower
    Ring- elegant
    Ring- elegant

This would give me 5x elegant at all times, with willpower active on the front bar (bonus 1400 Magicka and 186 spell dmg), while having Lich active on the back to get the recovery.

Overall front bar bonuses- Elegant gives 2 Max Magicka bonuses and spell power bonus (plus 20% LA) willpower, plus one Max Magicka and one recovery from Lich...

Only downside is that I will lose the willpower bonus on the back bar, but will gain 129 recovery and the Lich 1000 Magicka recovery on the back bar.....

What do you think?

Edited by kromegas on May 30, 2018 9:11PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kromegas wrote: »
    Console player here (Xbox) abs I have been theory crafting for my sorc... what do you think?

Resto- Lich
    Head- Elegant
    Chest- Eligant
    Shoulder- Dom.
    Hands- elegant
    Waist- Lich
    legs - Lich
    Feet- Lich
    Neck- willpower
    Ring- elegant
    Ring- elegant

This would give me 5x elegant at all times, with willpower active on the front bar (bonus 1400 Magicka and 186 spell dmg), while having Lich active on the back to get the recovery.

Overall front bar bonuses- Elegant gives 2 Max Magicka bonuses and spell power bonus (plus 20% LA) willpower, plus one Max Magicka and one recovery from Lich...

Only downside is that I will lose the willpower bonus on the back bar, but will gain 129 recovery and the Lich 1000 Magicka recovery on the back bar.....

What do you think?

I think you should go home and rethink your life choices.

(but necro ele seems to be way to go)

• Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look....someone died in PvP. Did you lose anything?
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no what really needs to happen is PVP needs to keep its hand off PVE and vice versa. End of story.

But because ONE build is performing well, the whole class needs to be nerfed? lol
    Edited by JJBoomer on May 30, 2018 9:27PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a Zerg build
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kromegas
    kromegas
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    kromegas wrote: »

Resto- Lich
    Head- Elegant
    Chest- Eligant
    Shoulder- Dom.
    Hands- elegant
    Waist- Lich
    legs - Lich
    Feet- Lich
    Neck- willpower
    Ring- elegant
    Ring- elegant

What do you think?

I think you should go home and rethink your life choices.

(but necro ele seems to be way to go)

Thank you for your insightful reply- my life is now complete with the wealth of knowledge you have bestowed upon me.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor console players with their gamepads.. with their much heightened situational awareness due to the lack of an addon to tell them when projectiles are coming.. with their sharpened reflexes honed from having to listen for the subtle audio que of a snipe being launched from max range, or a crystal frag being hardcasted from stealth... Someone get those peasants a miat's.

/s
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs dont have good ult gen. As soon as overload is down theyll die easier.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a Zerg build

It used to be man. Not anymore.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Poor console players with their gamepads.. with their much heightened situational awareness due to the lack of an addon to tell them when projectiles are coming.. with their sharpened reflexes honed from having to listen for the subtle audio que of a snipe being launched from max range, or a crystal frag being hardcasted from stealth... Someone get those peasants a miat's.

/s

Miats was disabled a while ago man... but even if it wasn’t console wouldn’t need it, they just need a mouse so they can look behind them without wasting 5 seconds.

Console is ridiculously less situationally aware due to the significantly increased time it takes them to pan the camara and that’s why I don’t watch their streams - it makes me so nervous because they can’t check their blind spots without losing their target lol.

So yes it will hurt console more because console players won’t see it coming as easily.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    no what really needs to happen is PVP needs to keep its hand off PVE and vice versa. End of story.

But because ONE build is performing well, the whole class needs to be nerfed? lol

@JJBoomer are top trial guilds really using sorc overload spam builds for DPS?

• gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Pretty sure they made it so it would not stack with tje new weapon ability. Imbune weapon or something like that. Blob was hitting for like 100k .

I dont have a horse in the race as i dont pvp. It is amusing tho.

Yeah would just like to say, when using imbue weapons during overload the animation is slowed down so you can’t light attack until the buff ends, which means no extra dmg.

My overload light attacks do hit like a truck though...
    Edited by gnarlyvandal on May 30, 2018 10:56PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc gank builds are annoying-ish I guess, but I would rather fight an army of ganksorcs than any one bleed/snare spamming meta-***.

Unluckily for me, for every one ganksorc in BG's there are 50 DBoS'ing bleeders. Let's get our priorities straight here @Thogard
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/s

Miats was disabled a while ago man... but even if it wasn’t console wouldn’t need it, they just need a mouse so they can look behind them without wasting 5 seconds.

Console is ridiculously less situationally aware due to the significantly increased time it takes them to pan the camara and that’s why I don’t watch their streams - it makes me so nervous because they can’t check their blind spots without losing their target lol.

So yes it will hurt console more because console players won’t see it coming as easily.

Yeahhh that's quite a few misconceptions I imagine are formed from inexperience. Have you played on console? Used a controller perhaps?

I personally have several custom gamepads, and anyone who is serious enough to stream should probably invest in one aswell. You can adjust your stick dead zones, acceleration rate, actual sensitivity, etc. Watch some of "React Faster"s clips and youll see that my camera pans at
    more or less the same rate as many popular PC streamers. Situational awareness isn't based exclusively on your visual ability, it comes also from learning the audio ques and animations associated with every ability/proc/effect in the game. PC players are complacent when it comes to this, as up until this patch they had live combat information spoon fed to them in large, impossible to miss ques from their respective add-ons. Even ques such as "break free" "dodge now" etc are not available on console and due to the much more significant lag, it can be difficult to even know that you've been ccd in certain situations were there is not a visual or audio affect for you to associate with a cc. Quick reaction time and ability to distinguish different affects and audio ques, aswell as in depth game knowledge separate the good players from the bad on console.

But as for the sorc gank build, I hope to see them on console. 9/10 times anyone using overload is more or less clueless.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EXCUSE ME, it takes more than 1 second of GCD if you use execute. B)
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE fighting Magsorcs using Overload when I'm on my Magplar. Total Dark and Defensive Posture are very nice to have!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EXCUSE ME, it takes more than 1 second of GCD if you use execute. B)

On the receiving end not the giving end. Kind of like how my DBoS + Dizzy + reverse slice all hits inside of one GCD

• OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's glitchy about frags on the over load bar? I don't get it lol if you are doing the blob build you need blast not frags and you have to hard cast it lol

I think the build is hilarious
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/s

Yeahhh that's quite a few misconceptions I imagine are formed from inexperience. Have you played on console? Used a controller perhaps?

I personally have several custom gamepads, and anyone who is serious enough to stream should probably invest in one aswell. You can adjust your stick dead zones, acceleration rate, actual sensitivity, etc. Watch some of "React Faster"s clips and youll see that my camera pans at
    more or less the same rate as many popular PC streamers. Situational awareness isn't based exclusively on your visual ability, it comes also from learning the audio ques and animations associated with every ability/proc/effect in the game. PC players are complacent when it comes to this, as up until this patch they had live combat information spoon fed to them in large, impossible to miss ques from their respective add-ons. Even ques such as "break free" "dodge now" etc are not available on console and due to the much more significant lag, it can be difficult to even know that you've been ccd in certain situations were there is not a visual or audio affect for you to associate with a cc. Quick reaction time and ability to distinguish different affects and audio ques, aswell as in depth game knowledge separate the good players from the bad on console.

But as for the sorc gank build, I hope to see them on console. 9/10 times anyone using overload is more or less clueless.

Who would be a good console streamer for me to watch? I’d love watch one without getting claustrophobic