The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe exploit?

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh 2018 “new” snipe exploit...smh

Nothing new here...
    But the simplest fix is for Zos to limit skills to 3 activations thus removing ppl permanently Spamming same skills nonstop.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    To everyone who says "it's just lag" it's not.

"How dare you ask for bans" is it really so crazy when I know someone is intentionally exploiting something?

There is a serious glitch/bug/desync whatever label you put on it happening here. I never would have noticed if I wasn't mortal enemies with a snipe spammer who actually plays the roll pretty well (god it kills me to give him some credit)

Just look at the videos dduke, and themaddaedra posted and form your own opinions of wtf this is

So if it's not lag then how do you explain it happening from npc's, oils, and other skills? Banning a player because a game is broken is just wrong.

Maybe if people would put even half as much effort into holding Zos accountable instead of blaming other players then these game breaking issues would have been fixed years ago, but instead we fight each other and continue to feed the crown cash cow expecting something will change.

Did you even watch the videos linked that I said to watch? Or were you just wanted to put your point in here regardless

Yes I watched the videos and it happens to me too from other skills and npc's as well. I've been playing the game since release and the performance has deteriorated significantly to the point that this problem happens more frequently now with snipe as well as other skills from players AND npc's.

So based on your logic that must mean npc's are exploiting too or maybe just maybe there is a bigger performance issue going on here. Many times my game can be running 2-4 seconds behind what is actually happening and at that point it doesn't matter if it's snipe, oils, curse, ultis, or npc's attacks it's usually going to be a health desync.

Focusing on just one skill that this happens with or banning players for playing normally even though it's a cheap play style is not going to fix the issue.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"How dare you ask for bans" is it really so crazy when I know someone is intentionally exploiting something?

There is a serious glitch/bug/desync whatever label you put on it happening here. I never would have noticed if I wasn't mortal enemies with a snipe spammer who actually plays the roll pretty well (god it kills me to give him some credit)

Just look at the videos dduke, and themaddaedra posted and form your own opinions of wtf this is

So if it's not lag then how do you explain it happening from npc's, oils, and other skills? Banning a player because a game is broken is just wrong.

Maybe if people would put even half as much effort into holding Zos accountable instead of blaming other players then these game breaking issues would have been fixed years ago, but instead we fight each other and continue to feed the crown cash cow expecting something will change.

Did you even watch the videos linked that I said to watch? Or were you just wanted to put your point in here regardless

Yes I watched the videos and it happens to me too from other skills and npc's as well. I've been playing the game since release and the performance has deteriorated significantly to the point that this problem happens more frequently now with snipe as well as other skills from players AND npc's.

So based on your logic that must mean npc's are exploiting too or maybe just maybe there is a bigger performance issue going on here. Many times my game can be running 2-4 seconds behind what is actually happening and at that point it doesn't matter if it's snipe, oils, curse, ultis, or npc's attacks it's usually going to be a health desync.

Focusing on just one skill that this happens with or banning players for playing normally even though it's a cheap play style is not going to fix the issue.

Show me a video of that happening with any other skill
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The inivisible/inaudible snipe is not exactly new, it was around some weeks before Summerset already. People complained about dying without taking any visible damage - actually just dropping dead right out of the blue - and then seeing several snipes from one and the same person in their death recap.

Ofc there are exploiters that take advantage of that bug. But since snipe is a legit skill - although consistently bugged in PVP - I dont see how you could ban ppl for using it.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The inivisible/inaudible snipe is not exactly new, it was around some weeks before Summerset already. People complained about dying without taking any visible damage - actually just dropping dead right out of the blue - and then seeing several snipes from one and the same person in their death recap.

Ofc there are exploiters that take advantage of that bug. But since snipe is a legit skill - although consistently bugged in PVP - I dont see how you could ban ppl for using it.

I just asking because there is one person who I don't get along with...at all... who has been killing me like this alot lately. So to me it's new, and very frustrating when you just drop dead then start getting tbagged
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    I was linked this video: https://youtu.be/m2ghLaazdXc

Does it look like anything that's happening to you @Datthaw ?

In that video there's no health desync, but there's a desync between the animations on the recipient's screen & the actual times those snipes land.

I.e. snipes actually land at 0:15, 0:16, 0:17 (watch the health bar/dmg numbers) but they only start displaying at 0:17, the last snipe in the chain & then all sound effects go off at once when he dies.

Some theories on what might be causing it:
    1. Vicecanon set (used by the sniper on that video).
    2. Server is laggy near the keep, not laggy near the resource - snipes originate from keep area & get animation delay.

This looks like just standard console gameplay, this defines at least 50% of my pvp experience. Player should dodge as soon as the first damage is taken. Any damage taken without animation is either gank or incoming delayed burst. You simply cannot wait to react for animations, you have to predict what is likely and respond as more animations are provided.

Sometimes after the initiation of combat the animations will resolve onto some semblance of constancy. Others will just remain laggy until you or your opponent dies. Some players are reliably glitchy which leads to accusations of lag switches.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    Are you sure it is not lag? I'd love to see a video with your ping rate at the time of the snipe.

3 snipes is a little weak. Most targets can be finished in 2 hits with weaving due to the change in light attack damage.

It's an idea, problem is what is "displayed" as your ping at the time isn't actually your ping. There has always been a display delay on it.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets say you are doing your regular burst combo on person 1. Person 1 doesnt see your burst combo and their hp doesnt budge as how it nornally should and goes from 100 to 0 instantly with no chance for reaction or counterplay. Player 1 now follows your logic, calls it an exploit and gets you banned even though on your end everything seemed normal. Sound fair? If not, this is you, just replace burst combo with snipe. It is not a snipe problem it is a server problem.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Lets say you are doing your regular burst combo on person 1. Person 1 doesnt see your burst combo and their hp doesnt budge as how it nornally should and goes from 100 to 0 instantly with no chance for reaction or counterplay. Player 1 now follows your logic, calls it an exploit and gets you banned even though on your end everything seemed normal. Sound fair? If not, this is you, just replace burst combo with snipe. It is not a snipe problem it is a server problem.

Let's follow your logic, I farm IC and notice I'm getting alot of experience. I keep farming because I need telvar. Come to find out its a bug I had no idea, zos threatens me with ban. It's not outside the realm of what they have done in the past.

But you're missing the entire *** point of what I'm saying because you're insistent on pushing your idea. This guy knows something is up, we don't like eachother, I die to this crap like 3-4 times a night when we're at the same fights.
    Edited by Datthaw on May 29, 2018 10:12PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's follow your logic, I farm IC and notice I'm getting alot of telvar. I keep farming. Come to find out its a bug I had no idea, zos threatens me with ban. It's not outside the realm of what they have done in the past.

But you're missing the entire *** point of what I'm saying because you're insistent on pushing your idea. This guy knows something is up, we don't like eachother, I die to this crap like 3-4 times a night when we're at the same fights.

Difference with your counter logic is that you notice that something is abrupt and therefore a bug and yet you still are farming and not reporting and/or checking patch notes or announcents. If you are fighting someone and they dont cc break, are you going to stop all your dps and wait for them to cc break or are you going to take advantage of them being cced? How can you possibly ban someone for playing the game normally with no noticable issue. Be careful for what you wish for.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's follow your logic, I farm IC and notice I'm getting alot of telvar. I keep farming. Come to find out its a bug I had no idea, zos threatens me with ban. It's not outside the realm of what they have done in the past.

Difference with your counter logic is that you notice that something is abrupt and therefore a bug and yet you still are farming and not reporting and/or checking patch notes or announcents. If you are fighting someone and they dont cc break, are you going to stop all your dps and wait for them to cc break or are you going to take advantage of them being cced? How can you possibly ban someone for playing the game normally with no noticable issue. Be careful for what you wish for.

So we should just go on with no complaining about people taking advantage of things that are broken. Aparently it's some well known bug that were ok with even if people take advantage of it. Ok then I'll just go full ostrich and not do anything. Atleast then I'll have my head down and ass up with I get *** by the snipe.

See you're whole argument is based on mme just wanting everyone banned. Could not be further from the truth. This is a new bug to me and I have someone abusing it against me. Sorry for speaking up and ASKING if It is a bannable offense.

Now I'm don't explining my point of view on people who don't even want to read the entire thread because I have explained this.
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Now that you mention it, i did lose 90% of my hp in pvp set via snipe, but i got lucky when some other guy stuned the snipe guy at last second. (always a good idea to be near other stamblades)

He managed to snipe me from a max range when i was still in stealth so there is something very fishy going on.
    100% out of detection range, no enemy araund and even after that person was killed i poped detect pot and didnt spot anyone araund, so it must be some serius bug abuse or hack.

I didnt hear any snipe sound at all.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug

Yes players do it on purpose

A theory is that using cloak can force the desync when using snipe

Correct, you go from full health to 0 with zero information, then it says 5 Snipes.

I don't think it's bannable

Would be nice if ZoS fixed it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Question in title, is it bannable? There is a snipe glitch where you can get hit from like 3 snipes at the aame tome before you even hear the sound or see the 1st shot. There is a few pvp players who are totally taking advantage of this glitch. If it's bannable I'm going get shadow play going because one of these guys in very hateful, tbagging sending hate tells and what not. Would love to give that salt the hammer.
    If its an hack as in cheat engine or an actual exploit some how its banable if caught.

However its just as likely this is just lag and rubber banding,

It's exactly what this guy said in the last statement. Does it suck? Yes. But it happens at random. Can't be forced. Sorry you died in PvP.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question in title, is it bannable? There is a snipe glitch where you can get hit from like 3 snipes at the aame tome before you even hear the sound or see the 1st shot. There is a few pvp players who are totally taking advantage of this glitch. If it's bannable I'm going get shadow play going because one of these guys in very hateful, tbagging sending hate tells and what not. Would love to give that salt the hammer.

It's not a bannable exploit unless you get a skin :D Or an unnatural amount of AP :D
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive noticed this too, also been happening before summerset. I doesnt happen too often, but when it does, it is repeatedly the same player taking advantage of something.
    It has been bugging me for a while how its done and what to do against it, because youre litreally just falling over dead and then you have 3-4 snipes from the same player in your recap and it is not a pleasure.

Same on PS4 vivec...it's 2 people I've ran across that do this, probably more do it, but I see the same 2 people in my recap when it happens.

Over the weekend was defending, and I was running down the wall to find a place for siege, bam, dead. While I was moving, no sound or anything, just died.

I'm not upset over it or anything because like mentioned, I've only ran across 2 people that are doing this. And, I was able to get revenge on one of them, it was sweet. But I definitely agree with the OP on the frustration of it.

Edited by Hurtfan on May 30, 2018 7:29PM
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭

Make a montage of like 10 instances and post it for ZoS
  • Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭
    While on the topic anyone else being snipe ganked to have sloads proc skoria on you? Gankers will always find a way to be carried by sets and stealth. NB are so weird to this day they just dont fit in with how the rest of the classes play. No one even bats an eye to consider "wait is it right a player can disappear in front of me? Stealth is a dumb mechanic of pvp, players shouldnt be able to creep around in it so long then launch a snipe gank.

• exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »
    Also I don’t think there is an “exploit” with Snipe. It’s just super buggy. Has been for a long time, but Snipe builds got buffed quite a bit in Summerset.

What would be ok, if there would be a sound clue in time to dodge out of it - but without such a sound clue, meh.

That’s just one of many issues:
    - No sound queue
    - Stacking Snipes
    - Health desyncing

Those are the bugs, and they are consistent. Even when not stealthed there are sometimes issues, but the majority of them happen when a stealthed target casts Snipe.

Probably never gonna change. I’m serious btw, I’m going to make the most disgusting Snipe build anyone has ever seen and probably post of vid of it. It has been bugged since launch. Unless it starts to wreck Cyrodiil ZOS won’t do anything.

Morag Tong/Shear Venom.

There are a lot more things which could be stacked - like forcing a guaranteed critical with massive critical damage from stealth, quickly followed by the 2nd and 3rd hit - without a sound clue this is just lethal with no way to protect against it other than very high health and even that might not help in the end. The issue is the missing sound clue - one could easily dodge that when hearing it in time and react to it instinctively.

Or you can just deal the same damage instantly by slotting Asylum Bow & (now undodgeable btw) Bombard :P

Snipe->Snipe=2s
    Snipe->LA+Bombard=1s & more damage

Snipe->Snipe->Snipe=3s
    Snipe->LA+Bombard->LA+Bombard=2s & more or less the same damage

Snipe Spam can stay super far away though, with the whole attack being impossible to react to.

Even the Asylum Bow combo is too strong imo. The burst Dmg is so high that it drops most builds to low health immediately. Morag Tong/Sheer Venom/Swamp Raider/Marksmans can be comboed with each other in any way to push the damage crazy high.

Snipe is the problem with everything tbh. Damage is too high and the skill itself buggy asf.
    And good ol' Hunding's Rage, Poisonous Serpent etc...
    But there is even more disgusting combo, just not for forum ;).
    Edited by exiars10 on June 2, 2018 3:03PM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    It's not just cyrodill. Been happening in BGs too.
  • velipuolikuu
    velipuolikuu
    ✭✭
    Just my $0.02: the video linked on page 2 is nothing like what we've come across with a couple of guildies.

In our case there has been no visible player, no effects, nothing. You're at full health, and then you're dead, and death recap shows between 2-4 lethal arrows and other abilities (my personal record is 13 damage effects in less than 1 second, according to Recount) but you only hear one sound. No time to block, no time to roll dodge, no time to cast anything - full health -> dead. Period.

For the record, our HPs vary between 25-45k, resistances are between 15-25k, depending on char, and everyone has a bare minimum of 2.5k crit resistance (my own is 3k) - makes no difference.

Might be lag, might be an exploit, might be both (since there are rumors of a way for players to make the enemy's ping rate go up so on their screen there is no one there and then you're dead when, on the attacker's screen, they got 3 seconds to lay down destruction to the "buffer" that unloads on the target all at once - from the recipient's point of view).

I would be very interested to see these occurrences from both players' perspectives and see what the differences are on the attacker's screen vs. on the recipient's screen.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

yes that would be nice,
    also bann those zergs, coming around a corner and you are dead before you can say "eso"
    that is also very mean
    or those camping at bridges, towers, milegates and killing ppl over and over

I say BANN THEM ALL, and DO IT NOW!
    and anyway it is total unfair to kill other players in PvP-zones!
    BANN PVP ZONES! BANN THEM NOW!
    and being killed in duells is unfair
    BANN DUELLS NOW!

all said, now it will be done!

I get what you're trying to do here, but you're just coming off as an ass. I'm not some salty rage person because I died, you obviously have 0....zero, idea what I'm talking about. I have never tried to ban anyone and only report bit trains. But this glitch is just over the top and being totally abused. I don't think you know what it really is.

you always could have reported the hate comment of that hunk, but NO, you want players who use snipe to get banned...........

You clearly just want to argue on the forum. OP is not some noob complaining about getting killed.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @_@

Mmmmm
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »

yes that would be nice,
    also bann those zergs, coming around a corner and you are dead before you can say "eso"
    that is also very mean
    or those camping at bridges, towers, milegates and killing ppl over and over

I say BANN THEM ALL, and DO IT NOW!
    and anyway it is total unfair to kill other players in PvP-zones!
    BANN PVP ZONES! BANN THEM NOW!
    and being killed in duells is unfair
    BANN DUELLS NOW!

all said, now it will be done!

I get what you're trying to do here, but you're just coming off as an ass. I'm not some salty rage person because I died, you obviously have 0....zero, idea what I'm talking about. I have never tried to ban anyone and only report bit trains. But this glitch is just over the top and being totally abused. I don't think you know what it really is.

you always could have reported the hate comment of that hunk, but NO, you want players who use snipe to get banned...........

The OP has two parts:

1) There is a new bug with Snipe that’s possibly exploited. Therefore the question of bans is a valid one.

2) The presumed exploiter also sends hate tells.

The two issues aren’t connected at all.

I ended up ignoring him but he will still stand over me and just tbag until I rez. I have never been one to get upset when I die in pvp, it's gonna happen. But having someone abuse a glitch and then taunt me is infuriating

I can't state this enough..if it's his playstyle to use snipe then it's not abusing a glitch. It may sound just fine from his end, so how is he to know he's even abusing anything? What is the solution here, that he stop trying to use his playstyle to kill players with.
    The bagging and hate tells will more likely get him banned than a glitch this person may not even know about. I understand you're frustrated, and even though this player seems like an ass, let's not throw around accusations. There's no way you can possibly know or prove that this glitch even shows up on his end. You just can't. It's unrealistic to think he will stop what works for him in PvP or change his playstyle, especially if it's unknown to him or possible lag...and we all know lag and rubber banding happen constantly in Cyrodiil. It's just an unfortunate fact.
    Yes, I agree he's an ass...but if you're looking to ban, start taking screen shots of the tells.

What are you a rock? II'M NOT ATTACKING SNIPE. Maybe you will get it this time. There is a bug glitch desync w/e something is new and broken. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there

It's not new and I wrote this in another post.
    Shortening the cast time exacerbated the issue.
    Cast time +travel time+zos coding/servers= desync. The sniper has no clue unless they stop attacking and check to see if you are desynced blowing the gank opportunity if you arent...