The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Class Reps

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    This whole thing is a joke... any class reps think their class is op....or need a nerf... didn’t think so

When will you understand that the class reps don't represent one class neither do they only reflect their own opinion they sum up what the community (which they represent) proposes and Sees as pain points
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    This whole thing is a joke... any class reps think their class is op....or need a nerf... didn’t think so

When will you understand that the class reps don't represent one class neither do they only reflect their own opinion they sum up what the community (which they represent) proposes and Sees as pain points

Well I don’t see a “what is too strong” thread or am I missing something.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Incap, rune cage, sloads, defiles...
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭

So 2 class skill is all you have?
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will you all learn buff this nerf this is NOT the answer, ZOS has been doing that since day one.

A complete rework of classes is needed with the help of class reps. and then onto sets and then onto CP. I don't care if you disapprove or if your a class rep and disapprove. Without progress and evolving in the game, you and we have nothing.

And if you want this to stay the same with bandaid fixes for meta players, this game is doomed. Im waiting to see if the Class Reps can actually make a difference with Eric Wrobels choices. And I don't see this-( Metas ) being good business anymore as the competition in 2018 is too much.

Im optimistic !

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So 2 class skill is all you have?

Maybe because there isn't much class based that is really unbalanced?
    Shimmering, incap, rune cage or cloak come to mind, some more things if we look into skill performance in a specific environment but other than that balance is really good.

You can play any class with the latest cancer build and it will win against a normal non cancer build of other classes.
    Things like poisons, siphoner cp, shieldbreaker, sloads, zaan, Caluurion’s, duroks, bleeds, Earthgore, poisonous serpent, mechanics favouring ranged DDs especially Magnb, utility skills for tanks, lack of diversity in sets for both of the Support roles, ...
    These are the things which make the game much more unbalanced and fun to play.

There are 3 specs that are somewhat too strong in pvp and 2 that are kinda bad.
    In PvE things work differently yet you can complete any content on any class, not with the aim to reach leaderboards but you can do any content.

Buffs for all classes are fine and wanted as long as they they are done by people who don't favour their main class more than others and who have the insight what is balanced and what isn't and the class reps we have can all be put into this group, there are more people that could fit into this position in the community but the current reps are all qualified for this task
  • Hooperson
    Hooperson
    Soul Shriven
    It was just a week ago we could not log-in . Now here we are again, cannot log in. Why do we pay in Advance to play ESO ? My subscription is up in August, I do not think I will be renewing it anymore Have spent thousand of change on this gamem I do not think it is worth it anymore. Servers always a problem and NOTHING ever gets fixed. All they do is Sell, Sell, sell, and do not fix a thing right. If they say they Fixed it, than why does the SAME problem occure, over, and over, and over ?
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for change.......
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Hi All and @ZOS_GinaBruno,

The thread is pretty long so I apologize if this has already been answered: Is it possible to know who is repping which class AND if they are more PVP or PVE oriented or even a mix of both.

Thanks!!

This has been answered about ten times now... We don't have a specific class we represent individually, we are all not exclusively focused on pve or pvp. We are a mix of players who play multiple (and in my case all) classes in both aspects of the game.

I literally have to answer this question at least twice a day. So please spread the word and tell others that it is not class-specific per person, but we're there to gather class-specific feedback across the board.

Dear lord, what's with this reply? Please just focus on bringing the best feedback you can to the devs and maybe a little less forum bashing with the community.

A bit late to the party, but again, this reply was meant to be neutral. I also said that it is not the players' fault that they might think we have classes assigned to them, but that the wording of the program is weird because it technically is about classes, but we do represent all of them together. Sorry if it came across harsher than intended :wink:
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    Still waiting for change.......

ZoS Major patch changes come during the next Quarter.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    So over the weekend I joined the Nightblade and Templar discord servers. I was more active in the nightblades server (PVP discussions) though and I found the interaction AMAAAZING.

Props to @KenaPKK!!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All and @ZOS_GinaBruno,

The thread is pretty long so I apologize if this has already been answered: Is it possible to know who is repping which class AND if they are more PVP or PVE oriented or even a mix of both.

Thanks!!

This has been answered about ten times now... We don't have a specific class we represent individually, we are all not exclusively focused on pve or pvp. We are a mix of players who play multiple (and in my case all) classes in both aspects of the game.

I literally have to answer this question at least twice a day. So please spread the word and tell others that it is not class-specific per person, but we're there to gather class-specific feedback across the board.

Dear lord, what's with this reply? Please just focus on bringing the best feedback you can to the devs and maybe a little less forum bashing with the community.

A bit late to the party, but again, this reply was meant to be neutral. I also said that it is not the players' fault that they might think we have classes assigned to them, but that the wording of the program is weird because it technically is about classes, but we do represent all of them together. Sorry if it came across harsher than intended :wink:

as long as yall dont kill the veteran endgame ill be happy.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The templar discussion threads have been helpful and the heal thread very useful to me. Props to all the reps, and especially those involved in the design of the data /info collection system and the analysis. All by volunteers. Thanks.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dis gonna be gud *grabs popcorn*
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYwEYQspgmA ya know this kindve opens the eyes a bit. especially coming from such a big influencer.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYwEYQspgmA ya know this kindve opens the eyes a bit. especially coming from such a big influencer.

right? like well informed people such as alcast even think this horribly balanced set is horribly balanced who would have thought?
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

right? like well informed people such as alcast even think this horribly balanced set is horribly balanced who would have thought?

its not what he said about the set its what he said about the program and zoses stance with changing stuff.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is the rep for warden? Cuz you have a SERIOUSLY uphill battle.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    So who out of them is the werewolf representative?

That....is.....not....a.....class.

You're a little "crazy"/"loony"/"obsessed" about the werewolf ultimate skill.

One skill does not make it a class or even a role, especially when it is not up 100% of the time. What do you do the rest of the time? Do you exploit some cheating ultimate generation outside of actual combat to get werewolf back up?
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on June 25, 2018 12:04AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They don't need those because people create new ones over and over about that.
    Also, those need to be "taken with a grain of salt" since there are people who think fairly weak enemies are overpowered just because they haven't learned the easy way to deal with them, such as how to interrupt like my newbie friend hasn't yet learned really.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the class rep system and, generally, the entire game balance is just going to be a complete failure until we get actual full documentation of the equations behind combat calculations and the actual values and mechanics of skills rather than just "we tested and this is how it SEEMS to work".

I've known games in the past that fully released all this info and it only helped the game and didn't infringe on any properietary code because they just gave us equations without how to code them.
    Examples: City of Heroes/Villains, Guild Wars
    I loved the wikis for those games and the in game fully detailed information. They had the most balanced combat and quickest bug reporting and exploit fixes due to that.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on June 25, 2018 12:13AM
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would have been better to have an election. That way the player base could have selected the players they want to represent them. Each candidate could have had their own campaign thread etc. like most people , I’ve never heard of any of these guys apart from the YouTube guy Alcast.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hooperson wrote: »
    It was just a week ago we could not log-in . Now here we are again, cannot log in. Why do we pay in Advance to play ESO ? My subscription is up in August, I do not think I will be renewing it anymore Have spent thousand of change on this gamem I do not think it is worth it anymore. Servers always a problem and NOTHING ever gets fixed. All they do is Sell, Sell, sell, and do not fix a thing right. If they say they Fixed it, than why does the SAME problem occure, over, and over, and over ?

Why?
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    So who out of them is the werewolf representative?

That....is.....not....a.....class.

You're a little "crazy"/"loony"/"obsessed" about the werewolf ultimate skill.

One skill does not make it a class or even a role, especially when it is not up 100% of the time. What do you do the rest of the time? Do you exploit some cheating ultimate generation outside of actual combat to get werewolf back up?

Wow...okay. Just because he is a fan of the option of Werewolf and would like to see it used like Vamp is doesn't make him any of the above.

Your comment seems a bit over the top.
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawco10 wrote: »
    Would have been better to have an election. That way the player base could have selected the players they want to represent them. Each candidate could have had their own campaign thread etc. like most people , I’ve never heard of any of these guys apart from the YouTube guy Alcast.

The reps kind of got elected. The first criteria to even get considered was based on the amount of mails ZoS got from players. So everyone had the opportunity to nominate his preferred players as reps and thos with more nominations were considered. Afterwards it also depended on forum work everyone did, what reputation each of those nominated players had, etc.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

The reps kind of got elected. The first criteria to even get considered was based on the amount of mails ZoS got from players. So everyone had the opportunity to nominate his preferred players as reps and thos with more nominations were considered. Afterwards it also depended on forum work everyone did, what reputation each of those nominated players had, etc.

i think what alot of people honestly are mad about is you had the three main guys who actually knew the game to the litteral smallest integer(alcast, gilliamtherogue, and woeller) and only one of them even got pulled when all 3 shouldve been pulled in. granted yea one of them is litterally hired by zenimax in the litteral since. but it would have alot of people alot less skeptical.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think what alot of people honestly are mad about is you had the three main guys who actually knew the game to the litteral smallest integer(alcast, gilliamtherogue, and woeller) and only one of them even got pulled when all 3 shouldve been pulled in. granted yea one of them is litterally hired by zenimax in the litteral since. but it would have alot of people alot less skeptical.

So just because some of us reps dont make daily videos means we have no clue or arent able to know as much as those three guys? If i look at woelers videos, I only see his understanding of tanking, since his videos are mostly updates on his trial tank builds and some tipps about tanking. I bet that Liofa has the same insight about tanking as woeler, he also makes guides and builds every update here on the forum. I myself dont even know, if woelers knowledge exceeds trials mechanics and what is best for tanking. I havent seen pvp videos with him, nor any healer or damage dealer videos. Maybe his knowledge is far bigger than that, but the exact same thing counts for any of us reps.

Btw why should people get mad about something like that? Gilliam is hired by ZoS now and therefore cant be part of the programm. Other players like Cinbri did not want to be part. Are you mad that people did not want to be part?

The only problem i see here is that people did nominate players, but they didnt get elected. ZoS had to take a lot into consideration when electing the reps. If only numbers of nominations or fame would count, me and other reps surely wouldnt be elected, but it would have caused uproar in here. There are more famous people than me, but mostly around those famous people also a lot of drama is happening. ZoS really took that and more criteria into consideration. If you are mad, because the people you expected didnt got electrd, then this is just...lets call it stupid. People get elected everywhere in politics, in sports, etc. And if you get mad by all that, then the problem is not the actual reps, but you yourself, since you cant accept what others decided.
    It is not that important who got elected or nominated. It is important if the work is done. People like woeler and cimbri maybe didnt want to do the work connected to the reps. You guys should just be happy, that we are elected, because we want to do that work. Therefore any complain about the electing of the reps is just prejudice and ignorance, because you dont know how much knowledge each of us have and what work we are willing to do for you guys.
    Edited by Checkmath on June 26, 2018 10:01PM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So just because some of us reps dont make daily videos means we have no clue or arent able to know as much as those three guys? If i look at woelers videos, I only see his understanding of tanking, since his videos are mostly updates on his trial tank builds and some tipps about tanking. I bet that Liofa has the same insight about tanking as woeler, he also makes guides and builds every update here on the forum. I myself dont even know, if woelers knowledge exceeds trials mechanics and what is best for tanking. I havent seen pvp videos with him, nor any healer or damage dealer videos. Maybe his knowledge is far bigger than that, but the exact same thing counts for any of us reps.

Btw why should people get mad about something like that? Gilliam is hired by ZoS now and therefore cant be part of the programm. Other players like Cinbri did not want to be part. Are you mad that people did not want to be part?

The only problem i see here is that people did nominate players, but they didnt get elected. ZoS had to take a lot into consideration when electing the reps. If only numbers of nominations or fame would count, me and other reps surely wouldnt be elected, but it would have caused uproar in here. There are more famous people than me, but mostly around those famous people also a lot of drama is happening. ZoS really took that and more criteria into consideration. If you are mad, because the people you expected didnt got electrd, then this is just...lets call it stupid. People get elected everywhere in politics, in sports, etc. And if you get mad by all that, then the problem is not the actual reps, but you yourself, since you cant accept what others decided.
    It is not that important who got elected or nominated. It is important if the work is done. People like woeler and cimbri maybe didnt want to do the work connected to the reps. You guys should just be happy, that we are elected, because we want to do that work. Therefore any complain about the electing of the reps is just prejudice and ignorance, because you dont know how much knowledge each of us have and what work we are willing to do for you guys.

its just a reputation thing
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No it's not.
    At least one of them has a questionable reputation for many players on his server but he has knowledge that's why he made it into the program.

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it's not.
    At least one of them has a questionable reputation for many players on his server but he has knowledge that's why he made it into the program.

Not only that, but certain reps seem openly hostile when answering critiques...

At any rate, I'm wondering if people will indirectly blame the reps if this doesn't turn out satisfactory. I've seen it happen before in other games
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
This discussion has been closed.