Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Summerset foul water?

• TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    In Karnwasten

Karnwasten_foul_fishing_hole.png

Where I've marked the map

Does Karnwasten actually deliver rare fish? I once wasted several hours in The Lion's Den (because The Rift has almost no River nodes) before determining that it never gave anything other than white. It seemed to be outside the zone, so to speak, at least as far as fishing was concerned.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Nissy_nev
    Nissy_nev
    ✭✭
    I got green foul one in Karnwasten, Copper Oreodory.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Karnwasten

Does Karnwasten actually deliver rare fish? I once wasted several hours in The Lion's Den (because The Rift has almost no River nodes) before determining that it never gave anything other than white. It seemed to be outside the zone, so to speak, at least as far as fishing was concerned.

I caught the blue ocean fish in Karnwasten.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    I just caught the rare green Copper Oreodory in Karnwastern. After entering dungeon, jump down to the closest body of water. No enemies there either.
  • Pyxbites
    Pyxbites
    Soul Shriven
    So frustrating. I've been in both bodies of water in Karnwasten and the fishing spots haven't been up .... several tries.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    In Karnwasten

I caught the blue ocean fish in Karnwasten.

I'm sorry I didn't think to test that. Once I got a slaughterfish I immediately took a picture and came looking for your thread. I've dipped a bobber in many, many fishing holes just to try to find foul for you.. I've not actually stopped to fish in Summerset beyond that yet.

I did watch an NPC fish in Eyevea recently until I noticed another player watching me, probably wondering wtf was wrong with me.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I confirmed the Geyser spot & the Bridge spot, both are rarely up... but this achievement is DONE. <sigh>

Geyser spot: You'll see it beyond the northern rocks by a tree.
    Bridge spot: immediately NE of the bridge in the flat water area, not on the river/rapids.
  • Pyxbites
    Pyxbites
    Soul Shriven
    Finally caught the blue foul water fish in K... and the achievement is DONE!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    I confirmed the Geyser spot & the Bridge spot, both are rarely up... but this achievement is DONE. <sigh>

Geyser spot: You'll see it beyond the northern rocks by a tree.
    Bridge spot: immediately NE of the bridge in the flat water area, not on the river/rapids.
    The Karnwasten spots never seem to be up. Generally when one fishing spot closes another opens, but that doesn't seem to the case in Karnwasten.

BYZMTbq.png
    I'm so close, too. This is frustrating. Granted, not as frustrating as half the other achievements for Master Angler, but sometimes I think Zeni just hates fishing. XD
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need one last foul wish, err.. I mean fish. The copper Oreo(dory) seems to never show up. And, I agree with the above that the Karnwasten holes haven't been up for me yet.
  • Sioryn
    Sioryn
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    BYZMTbq.png
    I'm so close, too. This is frustrating. Granted, not as frustrating as half the other achievements for Master Angler, but sometimes I think Zeni just hates fishing. XD
    Yeah, my tracker has looked exactly like that for days now xD
    Edited by Sioryn on May 30, 2018 5:32PM
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    Got two green Gro(u)pers in a row from a Karnwasten hole yesterday, then a Py bottle and a furnishing fish, then the hole closed for repairs apparently and didn't respawn for hours, so I gave up. Crazy loot though.

There is actually a beach stretch strewn with debris and bodies and whatnot if you follow the coast all the way south from the geyser next to Alinor. The water is obviously foul there, but I've never seen any spots spawn at that location :(
    Edited by Madlark on June 2, 2018 11:37AM
    GM - [Trade, PC EU] The Forbidden Cleavage - pm to join
  • LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    so only 6 foul waters total in summerset?
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know of 5: 2 in Karnwasten, 2 at the north end of the Alinor Docks and 1 at the SW geyser near Alinor.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know of 5: 2 in Karnwasten, 2 at the north end of the Alinor Docks and 1 at the SW geyser near Alinor.

Has anyone been in Sunhold yet?
    PC NA, PC EU

• LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    i catch all foul fish pretty fast
    like in few hours
    you just need to know how to change a mirror
    it will double fishing spots so you will always find one
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    I've spent hours in Sunhold - all Ocean.

And you're forgetting the one north of Rillenthil geyser, by the bridge. So 7 total.

There is reportedly another one in Shimmerene but I've never seen it.

I've actually reported the situation as a bug, ZOS should really take a look at this crap.
    Edited by Madlark on June 3, 2018 1:02PM
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have finally gotten the blue foul water fish a couple of days ago. The major problem (even with changing to another instance) is the respawn frequency of the fishing spots. You really feel like they are 'never' up.
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    I have finally gotten the blue foul water fish a couple of days ago. The major problem (even with changing to another instance) is the respawn frequency of the fishing spots. You really feel like they are 'never' up.

To be honest, I get the feeling that the Foul spots share the respawn table with the Ocean ones. So if a Foul is fished out, an Ocean one can spawn instead elsewhere. An of course, the Foul one won't come back until another Ocean/Foul is fished out. But there are hundreds of Ocean spots, so chances are high that another one of those will resp instead again. Thus the feeling that fouls are never up.

But this is just speculation.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS always has to have that one hard to get fish.
    Anybody remember the green Dab fish in Stormhaven before it was fixed?
  • LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭

it wasnt fixed
    still hard to get
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it wasnt fixed
    still hard to get

Maybe I just got lucky on my second time through.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madlark wrote: »
    To be honest, I get the feeling that the Foul spots share the respawn table with the Ocean ones. So if a Foul is fished out, an Ocean one can spawn instead elsewhere. An of course, the Foul one won't come back until another Ocean/Foul is fished out. But there are hundreds of Ocean spots, so chances are high that another one of those will resp instead again. Thus the feeling that fouls are never up.

Hmm, might be a good explanation. I noticed that it feels random when they come back, sometimes it would be 30 minutes and sometimes much longer. Always attributed it to other players fishing it 'dry' in between, but this also sounds like a valid theory.
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    I was watching the two fouls at the docks while fishing out the ocean ones nearby. During two hours, the oceans respawned several times, while the fouls never did. In the end, even the oceans didn't resp - apparently they spawned somewhere else.

And I was there all the time, so it could not have been someone else fishing the fouls out.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it wasnt fixed
    still hard to get

Yep. Never fixed on Xbox either.
  • GrimAndProper
    GrimAndProper
    Soul Shriven
    Madlark wrote: »

I was going to write the same thing regarding the ocean/ foul locations sharing the same pool. I'm pretty sure this is the case as you can jump around and check all locations without seeing any or anyone fishing. It could be that they were fished out before you got back but I've checked during the slow hours and there is still no foul spawning spots, but a tonne of ocean.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    like in few hours

I love how everyone glossed right over this guys simple solution and went right on complaining and cursing zos LOL!

#firstworldproblems
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I've gathered thus far.

Summerset%20Foul%20Spots.jpg?dl=1

Is that abyssal geyser a dolmen?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what I've gathered thus far.

Summerset%20Foul%20Spots.jpg?dl=1

Is that abyssal geyser a dolmen?

It is like a dolmen only different. I guess you would call it "Summerset's version of a dolmen".
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    elijafire wrote: »
    like in few hours

I love how everyone glossed right over this guys simple solution and went right on complaining and cursing zos LOL!

#firstworldproblems

Care to elaborate? Because I'm obviously not getting something here. Does he mean server mirror or smth? How is this going to help?